Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I have the MK one and I plan on getting at least one more while I'm there. They're the perfect size mug. Bigger than a thimble, not quite a soup bowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

They have them for all four parks right? There goes $60...

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Not AK unless they stealth opened a Starbucks recently.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/theme-park-rangers-blog/os-disney-animal-kingdom-starbucks-20150619-post.html

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

demonR6 posted:

Yup they opened it recently though their cup is the one I like the least;looks like a finger painting. Also downtown disney has a cup as well but it just Orlando related.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

demonR6 posted:

Jeeze, demon, behind on the times. It's been open for over a month. It's in the former merch location Creature Comforts (it kept the same name as the Starbucks)

It looks like someone shrunk AK Lodge and turned it into a trendy coffee store

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The bounce back dates came out. 5/31-6/7 and 8/26 to 10/01. Since I'm going in September, do you think they will have new dates for Oct/Nov/Dec 2016?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Jeeze, demon, behind on the times. It's been open for over a month. It's in the former merch location Creature Comforts (it kept the same name as the Starbucks)

It looks like someone shrunk AK Lodge and turned it into a trendy coffee store

It's definitely the prettiest Starbucks.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

These three are coming to parks at the end of this month, open edition. Check out the little accessory sliders on the post too. Super, super cool.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/08/summertime-update-about-retail-magicbands-and-accessories-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Almost makes me wonder if Hollywood isn't getting a name change after all?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
welp, guess it's time to add more MB's to the collection. RIP my Visa.. waifu already emailed me and wants Figment.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is that the dumb dragon from the stupid imagination energy ride that I forgot the name of?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yes. It's name is Figment.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Don't talk bad about figment. He's pretty awesome, an Epcot only creation. yeah I'm getting that magic band.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

One day there will be a Horizons magic band and I'll be all over that.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mykkel posted:

Don't talk bad about figment. He's pretty awesome, an Epcot only creation. yeah I'm getting that magic band.
I went on the ride and I wanted to drown him.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Figment has a place in the hearts of kids who visited Epcot in the mid 80's. He was great in a way that doesn't age so well because my wife and kids couldn't get off the ride fast enough last year! For what it's worth, I'm more upset about the Three Caballeros ride being turned out to 9000 decibels anytime I go on it.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Campbell posted:

Figment has a place in the hearts of kids who visited Epcot in the mid 80's. He was great in a way that doesn't age so well because my wife and kids couldn't get off the ride fast enough last year! For what it's worth, I'm more upset about the Three Caballeros ride being turned out to 9000 decibels anytime I go on it.

The Imagination ride now is completely different (and much worse in every way other than technical) from the awesome one in the 80's.

If it makes you feel any better, there was an intermediate version in between the two that was absolutely godawful. At least the current one is better than that.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

I'm heading to Disneyland in a couple weeks! My friend just finished law school and a bunch of us are going to Vegas for a weekend. He lives in Anaheim and some of us flying to Orange County then driving over. Since he lives in Anaheim, I figure why not do a quick Disney visit? I haven't been to since middle school, excited to check out the new stuff in California Adventure and ride Indiana Jones over and over again. I've been a little obsessive since my Disney World trip last December so maybe this will satisfy some of that.

Even though I really enjoyed using FastPass+ at Disney World, I do have to say it's nice to book a Disneyland trip two weeks out and not worry that I'm missing out on anything I really want to do.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!

Tunga posted:

Is that the dumb dragon from the stupid imagination energy ride that I forgot the name of?

Shut your mouth. Figment is great.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Benway posted:

Shut your mouth. Figment is great.

I visited last September with a Disney nerd which was cool because she would tell me the history of everything. After we did this ride I said "that was dreadful" and she explained the various versions. So I'm aware. But I have no love for Figment, sorry :D .

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Booked a trip to Disneyland! So hyped to see the new stuff for the 60th :syoon:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm hoping to finally hit Disneyland and Universal Hollywood next summer.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Never been to 'Land but I'm thinking about going there and D23 next year. Anybody been to D23? Obviously this year will rule with all the park announcements.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Tim Whatley posted:

Never been to 'Land but I'm thinking about going there and D23 next year. Anybody been to D23? Obviously this year will rule with all the park announcements.

I've heard awesome things about D23 and becoming a member is pretty cheap.

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em
Only 7 more days! :woop:

E: Any suggestions on what to have for the High Tea at the Grand Flo?

Gegil fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 10, 2015

Cryosleep
Jun 6, 2003

Time's UP!
Braksgirl, do you book for Disneyland, too? I'm thinking about taking my daughter there in mid December.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Sure do! I'd love to help! PM me or send an email to SSagona@MMVAgent.com

Selenite
Feb 17, 2011

Gegil posted:

Only 7 more days! :woop:

E: Any suggestions on what to have for the High Tea at the Grand Flo?

There's a strawberries and cream dessert that's definitely worth having.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I got a pal looking for the Star Wars Mickey band. Is that just a dream at this point?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
How much of a pal is he/she? I am holding one knowing every day that goes by I can feel it increase in value waiting for te he movie release to latch on to the fifteen minutes of fame it will get again. Last I saw them go for was a hundred bucks which makes sense considering there were only 2500 made and there might be very few left. I have that and a bunch of the collectors posters as well.

In here, I am the guy who can get you things.. for a price. ;)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

demonR6 posted:

How much of a pal is he/she? I am holding one knowing every day that goes by I can feel it increase in value waiting for te he movie release to latch on to the fifteen minutes of fame it will get again. Last I saw them go for was a hundred bucks which makes sense considering there were only 2500 made and there might be very few left. I have that and a bunch of the collectors posters as well.

Can you get me a poster of Rita Hayworth?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Silly Burrito posted:

Can you get me a poster of Rita Hayworth?

What's it worth to you?

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

So plane tickets for our trip next year are borderline insane. I'm looking at 600/person round trip for March 10th to March 18th. I guess it's spring break or something as many flights are already sold out. I'm in San Antonio and can fly out of SAT, Austin, or even Houston if needed.

Allegiant is starting service from SAT to Orlando Sanford Intl (SFB) and I can fly all 5 of us way less than half of that on Allegiant even after all their various fees and other assorted bs.

Tell me how terrible of an idea this? I know we'll need alternative transportation to/from the airport or rent a van/suv. We're staying 2 nights at Beach Club and 6 nights at Bay Lake Tower and since they only fly on Thurs/Sun would need to extend the trip one more night somewhere else.

edit: I really don't want to drive, it's 17+ hours from here. 17 hours each way with my MIL who hates the interstate.... only if I can sedate her. My kids have to pee every 20 minutes as well, would probably push the trip out to 20 hours...

skipdogg fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 11, 2015

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

demonR6 posted:

What's it worth to you?

I'll mail you a postcard when I finally make it to Zihuatanejo. Look for Peter Stevens.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

demonR6 posted:

A very good pal of mine. He's joining me on my trip this year and proposing to his girlfriend there. Should be legit. What price are you thinking?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Don't fly Allegiant. They're the ValuJet of 2015. Your plane will fall out of the sky.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Tim Whatley posted:

A very good pal of mine. He's joining me on my trip this year and proposing to his girlfriend there. Should be legit. What price are you thinking?

PM me when you get a minute.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

At the parks for a few days with my girlfriend and her 9 year old cousin. Stopped at downtown Disney after they got into town, and some nice woman at the pin trading booth overheard that it's her first visit, and gave the little cuz a handful of pin trading pins to get started.

:3:

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

demonR6 posted:

PM me when you get a minute.

PM'd.

Also I'm stoked as hell for this Saturday with the announcement of Star Wars stuff. It's gonna be super rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Demon, are you also hoarding a Donald Star Wars band?