Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Shinjobi posted:

Steiner is Michael Dorn. Worf 4 life.:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Sorry, the only correct choice is John Cleese.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Fister Roboto posted:

Sorry, the only correct choice is John Cleese.

John Cleese would actually be Cid.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

MonsieurChoc posted:

John Cleese would actually be Cid.

I can agree with this. Cleese is amazing but his voice is just a bit too high-pitched for what I picture Steiner as sounding like. But Cid, drat, he'd do amazing there.

L5 Death
Oct 6, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

I've always used Patrick Stewart as my go-to Steiner voice.

Now imagine Steiner talking to Zidane about doing weird buttstuff to plump Asian women of questionable morals.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Patrick Stewart should actually be Baku.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTROgQORCt4

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Patrick Stewart should play everyone.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I dunno about Patrick Warburton as Steiner, but I want a redub and/or live action version of Beauty & The Beast with him as Gaston. :allears:

Brony Hunter posted:

Patrick Stewart should play everyone.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
He'll have to play everyone now that Christopher Lee's dead.

:smith:

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
So who does Gilbert Gottfried voice?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ManSedan posted:

Either another mage character we meet later or Cinna.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

ManSedan posted:

The next party member.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Bad Seafood posted:

The next party member.

Nah, that one would be Ahmed Best.

Though the aforementioned character's master would be a perfect fit for Gottfried.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

ManSedan posted:

Gilbert Gottfried voices one of Zorn or Thorn, while Andy Dick voices the other.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

ManSedan posted:

Queen Brahne.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

TravelLog posted:

Gilbert Gottfried voices one of Zorn or Thorn, while Andy Dick voices the other.
Considering a certain super-spoilery aspect of their characters, they should probably have similar voices.

Once again, I wish Robin Williams was still alive. He'd voice both of them and it'd be phenomenal.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.

TravelLog posted:

Now why would you wish that horrible fate upon the second jester? :ohdear:

Silas Cumberbatch voices Zorn, David Tennant voices Thorn. The internet would explode from the fangasm.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Jaleel White.

Doing his Sonic the Hedgehog voice.

For everyone.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

SorataYuy posted:

Silas Cumberbatch voices Zorn, David Tennant voices Thorn. The internet would explode from the fangasm.

I would be okay with this.

Also, I was going to save this for the first "Non-party member Bios", but Zorn & Thorn trivia time! The two of them are 88 years old. Yes, 88. They were born in 1711 and the game takes place in 1799.

This means the ideal would have been for one of them to be Sir Ian McKellan and the other be Sir Christopher Lee (RIP).

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

He didn't die, he became one with the force.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

cdyoung posted:

He didn't die, he became one with the force.

He'll rise again in a 100 years, along with his giant multiple stage chaos castle.

bluerocker
May 30, 2013

Never trust anything with beady eyes and a knife. Especially if it offers hugs.
So I finally finished up reading the current updates for the thread and that part on the airship with black watlz and the black mages protecting vivi still hurts like it did several years ago. Ouch. :smith:

Otherwise, it's nice to revisit this game. I first played it back in high school when I borrowed it from a former friend. Unfortunately, said friend was an rear end, so about the only sidequest I even did was the Mognet one and the chocobo one; and I felt rushed to finish up the rest of the game ASAP because the lender wouldn't get off my rear end about it. I now regret not stealing from every boss early in the game.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
I always thought Steiner looked and sounded like Buzz Lightyear.

Just imagine this scene but with him and Zidane.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I think John Cleese is probably the closest voice I picture Steiner having except the voice is deeper and a bit scratchier and he talks with a mouth full of marbles.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
I can't imagine Steiner not having a British accent.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I think Brian Blessed should voice Baku.
And Patrick Stewart everyone else.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine

Akratic Method posted:

Do you have a bigger version of that? I want to look closer at it, and I have a feeling at least one person's going to want to a version where the expressions are avatar sized.

Ask and ye shall recieve.

Edit: While I was at it, I went ahead and nabbed a more reasonable sized collection of Brahne's faces.

The absolute best face between the two of them has to be Steiner's "waraiA", it's just the smuggest Steiner face. :allears:

Lynkericious fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Aug 5, 2015

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I feel like Steiner's mouth looks much larger in-game. At least in the scene where Dagger falls backwards off the castle.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I appreciate that Steiner's "waraiB," ostensibly a laughing expression, looks more like someone goosed him. It's charmingly similar to his "odoroki" expression of surprise.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

EvilTaytoMan posted:

I think Brian Blessed should voice Baku.
And Patrick Stewart everyone else.

See, I was thinking Brian Blessed for Steiner.

Imagine Blessed bellowing "RUSTY?! How dare you!" or something similar.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Zidane striking out with the ladies was a pretty wonderful part of that sequence. Hey, you miss 100% of the pitches you never swing at, right?

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Bufuman posted:

Nah, that one would be Ahmed Best.

Though the aforementioned character's master would be a perfect fit for Gottfried.
See, I have no idea on whether I played this game before or after "Phantom Menace" came out, but almost INSTANTLY upon seeing the next playable character I voiced him exactly like Jar-Jar Binks.
Bear in mind I was a 12-year old kid so squeaky annoying voices were kind of perfect for my voice range.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

ManSedan posted:

Liquid Snake.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Bad Seafood posted:

Warburton is too obviously goofy IMO.

I feel like with Stewart, you'd have this almost dignified first impression before he devolves into his usual bumbling self. Which is great. Steiner isn't just some cantankerous oaf, he's a dude with aspirations and convictions about what a knight is supposed to be and how they're supposed to act. Every now and then he even manages to kick off the clown shoes and actually do something truly heroic. Stewart can be pretty funny when he's given the chance, but he's also got that imperial nobility about him which I think would fit Steiner to a T.

Stewart's stentorian voice wouldn't work for a buffoonish character like Steiner. Tim Allen is about how I thought of his voice.

Stewart would be much more likely to have done Big boss baddie in the thing.

Bad Seafood posted:

He actually did play everyone in a version of A Christmas Carol that he ran while working on Star Trek.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kalenn Istarion posted:

He actually did play everyone in a version of A Christmas Carol that he ran while working on Star Trek.

My family and I had a chance to see this when were in London ages ago, but my parents wanted to see Cats instead :sigh:

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

My family and I had a chance to see this when were in London ages ago, but my parents wanted to see Cats instead :sigh:

I'm so sorry.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Stewart's stentorian voice wouldn't work for a buffoonish character like Steiner. Tim Allen is about how I thought of his voice.
See, I think it's the exact opposite: the power of Stewart's voice would serve well to enhance Steiner's buffoonery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEZcslNOEBg

Ultimately though I guess it's different strokes. I do think it's cool though that since the game is unvoiced, all of us can pick our personal favorite VAs and none of us are really wrong.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Stewart would be much more likely to have done Big boss baddie in the thing.
That's who I had pegged for Christopher Lee.

Serenity Dove
Jan 29, 2008

If I had a Pikachu, it'd probably eat my stuff.
Very much enjoying the LP Mega. I've actually picked it IX up again recently on my Vita and it still surprises me how many new details you discover on each play through. There is a point way later in the game, (disk 3) where you can revisit a previous location for some items. This is one off and doesn't have any hints, except I actually found one. It's really subtle but I'll point it out when we get to it. (Or I can post it in spoilers.)

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I always imagined Steiner with a British as gently caress Cockney voice with a bit of royal tone thrown in for good measure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
I'm gonna 2nd Michael Dorn.

It makes too much sense - Worf was perfect for comically serious. And he get's beaten down all time while actually being a good fighter.

• Locked thread