Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hadaka Apron posted:

I can't create the Shia caliphate in my game for some reason. I have 1000 piety and the Sayyid trait, I have both Mecca and Medina, and there's no Shia revolt going on. What do I need to do?

Are you independent? You can't create the caliphate while under another ruler anymore (unless the ruler themselves is Shia).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Are you independent? You can't create the caliphate while under another ruler anymore (unless the ruler themselves is Shia).

Yes, I'm independent.

TacMan
Aug 8, 2002

Vert used Hyperbeam,
It's super effective!

:steam: El Mole :steam:
So now my tengri faith problems have gotten worse. Now, the holy site no longer even exists. check the temple? no icon to indicate its for the tengri faith. The percentage modifier is completely missing from the moral authority mouseover. How the gently caress does this happen?

Holding the faith together is a pain in the rear end when 3 holy sites don't count the temple as settled, one no longer exists! and the last is working...for now.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
According to the bug report forum saving and reloading usually fixes it.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Did they change what happens when you go from Tribal to Feudal? Becoming a Merchant Republic as a Ruler-Designed guy in Ireland, I suddenly got Cities everywhere, with bonus Castles in most holdings.
Not that that stopped a couple of my vassals building Tribal holdings in a few places.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah, now if you have the free slots you get the other holding types for free on conversion so you're not weakened so badly by it.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 3, 2015

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Do achievements (still) get permanently screwed up on a save by dropping internet connection even on local ironman saves? I remember this this a problem when achievements first came out.

Bel Monte
Oct 9, 2012

Sindai posted:

Yeah, now if you have the free slots you get the other holding types for free on conversion so you're not weakened so badly by it.

In all holdings in the realm by your vassals and you?
Or just those owned and converted to cities by you?

If it turns the realm into cities and such (leaving extra openings empty), thank gently caress. That was so annoying I just never played as a tribal. It just wasn't fun at all to be incredibly weak compared to one or two province tribals next door.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Anything you personally hold as a tribal holding it will convert to a city and then add a castle and temple(if no temple already exists)

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Also, any Tribals you gain after the initial switch can be converted to your preferred holding type immediately, if/once their religion matches yours. Note however in this case that new holdings will only be added if it's the capital province of the duchy.

Bel Monte
Oct 9, 2012
Sounds good. What's to stop me from, just prior to reforming, taking all the county level titles for myself, pissing off the realm, reforming the government shortly after, then issuing out land again? Seems like a fast way to get to get small kingdoms ready to go and modernized. Looking at you, Ireland.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Playing as a Zunist Horse Lord (because why not) and I hope Zun didn't have a busy schedule, what with all the religious revolt leaders he's been judging recently.
You could probably build a palace yurt from all the bones that must be piling up in that place.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
That's one big yurt.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
The next 3 Moves Ahead podcast ep is supposed to be on Horse Lords. I'm looking forward to it

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

Solemn Sloth posted:

The next 3 Moves Ahead podcast ep is supposed to be on Horse Lords. I'm looking forward to it

It is? HYPE! Love 3MA

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
Does anyone know why all of my flags might not match their right titles? I started a 769 game and had a bunch of titles have the wrong flags and I think there must be a missing flag. Is that a common error or do I need to reinstall?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

Does anyone know why all of my flags might not match their right titles? I started a 769 game and had a bunch of titles have the wrong flags and I think there must be a missing flag. Is that a common error or do I need to reinstall?

This is usually because of a missing flag, have you been doing any modding to flags or titles? (if not, verifying via Steam should fix it. If you have, check your mod for titles that don't have flags, and maybe try deleting Documents/Paradox/Crusader Kings 2/gfx or whatever your OS' equivalent is.)

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

Dallan Invictus posted:

This is usually because of a missing flag, have you been doing any modding to flags or titles? (if not, verifying via Steam should fix it. If you have, check your mod for titles that don't have flags, and maybe try deleting Documents/Paradox/Crusader Kings 2/gfx or whatever your OS' equivalent is.)

I don't think I have though - I've had my game hang at "loading flags" and "loading sounds" but I'll maybe just reinstall.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

For some reason my game has slowed to a crawl. I'm less than 100 years in and it takes a few minutes to get through a year at top speed.

Unrelated question: my neighbors are Cathars, how do I also become Cathar?

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

For some reason my game has slowed to a crawl. I'm less than 100 years in and it takes a few minutes to get through a year at top speed.

Unrelated question: my neighbors are Cathars, how do I also become Cathar?

Tell me your specs and send me your save in a pm. (Sa or Pdx doesn't matter)

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
You can still convert to end the war if they declare holy war on you, right?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Eric the Mauve posted:

You can still convert to end the war if they declare holy war on you, right?

Isn't that only available to pagans?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Dallan Invictus posted:

Isn't that only available to pagans?

Yeah, that's probably right, come to think of it.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
Please bring back the old assassinate functionality (is there a mod that does this?) I suddenly miss my old side game of murdering every living relative and descendant of Mohamed, peace be upon him.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

ZombieLenin posted:

Please bring back the old assassinate functionality (is there a mod that does this?) I suddenly miss my old side game of murdering every living relative and descendant of Mohamed, peace be upon him.

Just open defines.lua and change the value of SEND_ASSASSIN_INTERACTION_ENABLED to 1 instead of the default 0.

If you also want your Spymaster to be able to increase your assassination success odds you also have to add a line for that to job_actions.txt.

e: Specifically, under action_organize_spies, on its own line right underneath plot_power_modifier you need to add assassinate_chance_modifier = 0.05 (that's the old default value, anyway).

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 5, 2015

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Huh, regarding crusades for India: now that I actually look at the wiki page and the titles file it looks like there's basically no catholic crusade weights for any kingdoms outside of Europe and Jerusalem, so if they've managed to reconquer Iberia and Jerusalem the next crusade could be anywhere (or maybe anywhere with a coast?) and India has quite a few kingdoms, so the odds probably favor it.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I thought they just didn't call crusades if the kingdoms the Pope wants have already been claimed by Christian rulers; can the AI request crusades from the Pope like the player can? It might be there's some random Catholic ruler somewhere that's deciding they want territory in India for whatever reason.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait can you request Crusades from the pope. What the hell.

Also in my Fraticelli game so far the Pope has only called a Crusade for Italy itself and Jerusalem. Everywhere else has been in India. Also when does the Catholic pope stop being able to call Crusades. Do I have to just genocide the remaining Catholics or something.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
What's the easiest legit way to change your character's religion? Or at least your dynasty down the line? I remember reading that one of the DLC patches removed the ability to do so using tutors.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
Foreign Tudors work and everyone loves hostages.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

GunnerJ posted:

What's the easiest legit way to change your character's religion? Or at least your dynasty down the line? I remember reading that one of the DLC patches removed the ability to do so using tutors.

Conquer a place with the religion you want, move your capitol to that place, and take the decision "Convert to local religion.

Schizotek posted:

Get one of these guys to raise your kids as Anglican!

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Aug 5, 2015

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Schizotek posted:

I thought that a patch made it so that tutors can't educate someone to be a different religion from their employer?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

DrSunshine posted:

Conquer a place with the religion you want, move your capitol to that place, and take the decision "Convert to local religion.

Eh, I was kinda hoping there was some other way... I'm playing After the End and I've gone as far as I can as Anabaptist (no holy wars or prepared invasions) without waiting around for claimants to snipe (there are none worth pursuing now, don't know when there will be). I was hoping to find some way to switch to Ursuline because at least that another Christian branch, but they're way up north outside of feasible conquest range and I just conquered Philadelphia, so Americanist with their stupid wigs is the most likely option here. (eta: not to mention, I just pissed a bunch of them off by conquering their poo poo and revoking titles left and right, and this probably means burning my bridges with the big Anabaptist kingdom neighbors that had been allies.)

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

GunnerJ posted:

I thought that a patch made it so that tutors can't educate someone to be a different religion from their employer?

They can't educate someone to be a different culture or religion than whatever the culture/religion of their court is. So an Italian Catholic ruler who has a kid tutored by an Orthodox Greek in his court won't have his kid's religion or culture converted, but if he was to send his kid to be educated by someone in the court of his Greek Orthodox vassal, or a someone in the Byzantine Empire, then the kid might get culture/religion converted

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Oh poo poo, I didn't even think about sending them to another court for education. Thanks!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Bel Monte posted:

Sounds good. What's to stop me from, just prior to reforming, taking all the county level titles for myself, pissing off the realm, reforming the government shortly after, then issuing out land again? Seems like a fast way to get to get small kingdoms ready to go and modernized. Looking at you, Ireland.

Nothing really, and it's the best way of doing it imo. Especially if you have good stewardship, the penalty for holding all that land won't even be that bad.

OhGreatAGinger
Oct 10, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

Wait can you request Crusades from the pope. What the hell.

Also in my Fraticelli game so far the Pope has only called a Crusade for Italy itself and Jerusalem. Everywhere else has been in India. Also when does the Catholic pope stop being able to call Crusades. Do I have to just genocide the remaining Catholics or something.

http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Crusades,_jihads_and_great_holy_wars#Requesting_a_crusade
Pretty sure the requesting crusades part is up to date, the crusade weight table probably isn't though. Like everything else you can ask the pope for, you get a fairly steep opinion malus with him for doing it, I guess his papalness doesn't like people trying to do his job for him.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Oh wow, if you are a merchant republic and build a trade post in one of the coastal parts of the Silk Road, the trade post gets both the usual merchant republic upgrades AND the unique Silk Road upgrade. Plus it profits from the usual republican trade zone bonus. These things can be generate a huge amount of cash!

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

quote:

MAJOR:
- No longer loops through every dead character and inactive title at monthly tick anymore, should help with late game performance

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/crusader-kings-ii-2-4-3-beta-patch-v3-not-for-problem-reports-checksum-mezr.874819/

What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

They also reduced the chances of the AI picking the seduction focus to 50%. I guess they got tired of all the betas bitching about being cucked.

• Locked thread