Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

EccoRaven posted:

how do I get on a TSA trusted list so they won't search my checked luggage because they've done it the past two times I've flown and each time they left the stuff in my bags all janked up to poo poo and it's really, really aggravating.

You're not middle-eastern, are you? You might be poo poo out of luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

EccoRaven posted:

how do I get on a TSA trusted list so they won't search my checked luggage because they've done it the past two times I've flown and each time they left the stuff in my bags all janked up to poo poo and it's really, really aggravating.

You will need to get per-clearance through the TSA's Trusted Travelers Pre-✓ program. It's an online application process, but you will need to schedule an appointment at a nearby application center and pay $85.00. It might take a few months, (as I hear there is backlog) but assuming you have no felonies, drug offenses, or records tracing you to a designated terrorist organization, you should be fine. As far as I'm aware the Pre-✓ program is for both foreign and domestic travel. Occasionally, the TSA an allow travelers that they view as "low-risk" to use the expedited check system, even if they are not currently enrolled in the program.

Also, there is a bill currently making its way through Congress that plans to increase the program's stringency. If you have any interest, I would recommend applying sooner rather than later.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Magnus Gallant posted:

Have you guys listened to the podcast "Serial"?

Yes. I still have to listen to the last three episodes, but it is really good.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

With regard to pizza I tried New York once in my life and it was a horrifying experience never again

That's weird, I have it on good authority it was the best pizza in New York City.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
does anyone else eat all the toppings off your slice and then eat the topless slice?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
wtf

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

bowmore posted:

does anyone else eat all the toppings off your slice and then eat the topless slice?

Are you like..... some kind of monster?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyodOpUxgHA

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

bowmore posted:

This is a troll free zone, bowmore.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

100YrsofAttitude posted:

CDG's ok. It's easily accessible via the commuter train which is nice, but if the train is on strike, which it often is, very little effort is done to explain to people how to get to the airport when at Gare du Nord, the connecting station in Paris. The last couple times I've been to the airport I always end up helping loads of tourists since the staff themselves don't bother (see: bad service).

Yeah I should stop taking my consumer culture for granted. This sounds like the worst!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Your life gets a lot easier if you just roll with it sometimes.

Isn't this just admitting that those people aren't worth it? This is basically the way I treat my grandmother.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

Isn't this just admitting that those people aren't worth it? This is basically the way I treat my grandmother.

No. There are a lot of people you will have to deal with in your life and you're going to generally agree with very few of them. Having bad opinions just means a person has bad opinions, usually (not always), and just shrugging a little and saying "I see" and changing the topic to baseball makes things a lot easier. It doesn't mean they aren't worth it, it just means you have to deal with a little garbage.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

No. There are a lot of people you will have to deal with in your life and you're going to generally agree with very few of them. Having bad opinions just means a person has bad opinions, usually (not always), and just shrugging a little and saying "I see" and changing the topic to baseball makes things a lot easier. It doesn't mean they aren't worth it, it just means you have to deal with a little garbage.

I guess I should've phrased better, because this is basically exactly what I do with my grandma. She brings up some fairly repugnant, racist political beliefs (but of course she is not a racist), and it's not worth engaging so yeah, we do puzzles or talk about local goings-on.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
My mother-in-law got a job at a new school recently and so my (racist) mother nicely asked the following question

"Is it a good school? Like are there a lot of blacks?"

And when I called her out on her poo poo she literally had the audacity to say she wasn't racist

I have to spend time with her this weekend and just ugh :negative:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

bowmore posted:

Here are some other ways you can eat food wrong:
  • Instead of grabbing your burger by the buns and eating it from the side, grab it by the sides and eat it from the top
  • A burrito is best enjoyed by opening it up and shovelling the bits in with a large spoon
  • Through careful use of some cups, a strainer and a spoon sort your stew into categories and eat each component individually.
  • On the go? Through your shawarma in the blender on liquefy for a few minutes!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kumbamontu posted:

My mother-in-law got a job at a new school recently and so my (racist) mother nicely asked the following question

"Is it a good school? Like are there a lot of blacks?"

And when I called her out on her poo poo she literally had the audacity to say she wasn't racist

I have to spend time with her this weekend and just ugh :negative:

There's this interesting way we think of the racist as this gross monster, and even people with particularly racist beliefs do not consider themselves as such, or white supremacists. It's this weird dissonance where they want to keep their racist thoughts with the added benefit of not being thought of as a totally ignorant person.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

• Instead of grabbing your burger by the buns and eating it from the side, grab it by the sides and eat it from the top
  • A burrito is best enjoyed by opening it up and shovelling the bits in with a large spoon
  • Through careful use of some cups, a strainer and a spoon sort your stew into categories and eat each component individually.

Number one is a good way of eating a burger IMO.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I'm going to put forth the, apparently, controversial opinion that racism is bad and that racists should feel bad and face social ostracism for being racists, even if they're related to you.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Can I remove the crust from bread when making a sandwich?

edit - Also, are diagonal slices the devil's work?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Meinberg posted:

I'm going to put forth the, apparently, controversial opinion that racism is bad and that racists should feel bad and face social ostracism for being racists, even if they're related to you.

Yeah calling out racism/homophobia etc. is pretty much always okay because gently caress that.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Of course! You're not some kind of barbarian are you?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Removing the crust is acceptable if you really can't stand the crust.

Diagonal slices are the bomb though, gently caress the haters.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Meinberg posted:

:agreed:

Tolerating that behaviour from people by changing the subject is enabling their lovely and harmful opinions. All people don't need to have the exact same set of beliefs to get along, but there are some core things that we have to agree on or we cannot be friends. Not being totally racist is one of those things.

TMMadman posted:

What are you, 6?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Meinberg posted:

Removing the crust is acceptable if you really can't stand the crust.

Diagonal slices are the bomb though, gently caress the haters.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

http://lardcave.net/text/the_racist_tree.html

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

TMMadman posted:

Triangles are the best sandwich shape, the true question is 2 triangles or 4?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

This is a good story.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

This is great.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
For the record, I eat my sandwiches with the crust on.

I generally don't care which way it's sliced, but if I cut it it's probably ending up as squares.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Sometimes I do triangles if I want to jazz things up a bit. TMM have you done more work on ghostbusters?

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

bowmore posted:

You're a bad person

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Sometimes I do triangles if I want to jazz things up a bit. TMM have you done more work on ghostbusters?

Oh great now you've ruined the surprise.

But the answer is not much, although a couple ideas popped into my head yesterday.

MrThingyman
Mar 8, 2014

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Thingyman you never respond to my skype requests

Hmmm, what is your Skype? I'll try adding you instead then.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CCKeane posted:

What's your major metropolitan center and what kind of balls are they using?

Nanaimo, and Dodge I assume

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MrThingyman posted:

Hmmm, what is your Skype? I'll try adding you instead then.

Congowrongo

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I'm considering designing a new Mafia-like game, that plays around with alignments. Could anyone recommend any games that have strange alignments and/or win conditions?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Maybe I've been messaging the wrong thingyman all these months

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Lunchtime in the Office has ended in a Town and Double 3P victory.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
there are like no games right now gimme a second and I will open a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Opopanax posted:

Nanaimo, and Dodge I assume

There are a bunch of different types of dodgeballs.

The three main types are rubber, "jello" (a softer rubber), and foam.

Each ball also comes in different sizes. My league primarily plays with 8.5 in rubber, many leagues play with foam. (A lot of rubber players make fun of foam, but whatever, foam is fun too)

I'll see if I know of any leagues nearby, I don't know offhand, but I'll post in one of my big Facebook dodgeball groups and see if I can find a group for you.

Also wear kneepads, that lets you drop to the floor easier and that makes it easier to catch.