Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Just listen to the Analyze Phish podcast.

EDIT: New page, really? I hate when that happens. Oh well, have a fuzzy picture of this copy of Earth's Primitive and Deadly. It's very pretty in person, I assure you. I had to buy it at the record store because for some reason Earth didn't have a merch table at the show I went to.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jul 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

caligulamprey posted:

Just listen to the Analyze Phish podcast.

Harris Wittels dying of a drug overdose is maybe not the best advertisement for the quality of Phish music

ed: or maybe it is the best indicator

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Analyze phish was really great though.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

BigFactory posted:

Analyze phish was really great though.

The moment where Scott is just starting to come around on Phish, and then Harris plays "Fluffhead" is the best thing.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Phish rules. I pre-ordered Fuego on wax. Its a sucky record though.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'm pretty okay with Phish, but I like them way more as a quirky singles act, stuff like Maze, Sample in a Jar, Silent in the Morning. I like some of the long stuff (Divided Sky, definitely) but when they're on an excursion in the middle of YEM or Antelope or something, I tend to get a bit lost.

I also don't smoke pot, which is probably the issue.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
I saw The Unicorns at a show in 2003 when their opening band was the Arcade Fire. Bought their pink marble record but gave it away a few years ago.

Apparently it's selling for $100+ with this guy selling it for $300. :stare:

http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/235965108

Gave it away (and as far as Arcade Fire goes my ex still has their demo cd I picked up).

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Analyze Phish was great except for the part where you actually spend a fair amount of time listening to Phish.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
New Deafheaven album is up for pre-order. US versions here and EU versions here

I ordered the pink EU version as it looks the nicest, and shipping is way cheaper to Australia from the EU than US.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

ElGroucho posted:

Listened to a full set. I guess I'm just a piece of poo poo guys, because I don't get the appeal.

Combine the laid back boredom of a soundtrack from a movie based in New Orleans + long term noodling of a jam band - any sense of danger or escalating stakes you would get from a jazz band = Phish

Out before I get called an idiot, peace

Phish is one of those bands where you either really like them, or you're lukewarm on them. Like, Trey isn't that great of a lyricist, a lot of the songs I've heard lack a lot of punch. Sometimes, I can listen to Farmhouse, but even that, it rarely rises above inoffensive background noise. In some regards, it feels like their music lacks true feeling pushing it. It doesn't resonate.

Like, the Grateful Dead at least gave us Workingman's Dead and American Beauty. "Box of Rain" has real emotion behind it.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I use to like Phish a lot in high school, but then I just got bored of them and when I want my jammy fix I just listen to some Dead, I like the more folksy style and they were much better songwriter where the jams complimented the songs and the songs weren't just written as an excuse for a 20 minute solo.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Snowy posted:

Analyze Phish was great except for the part where you actually spend a fair amount of time listening to Phish.

I'm about two episodes in and was coming to this very same conclusion.

My copy of Substance should be leaving the UK soon :)

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Doctor Cave posted:

New Deafheaven album is up for pre-order. US versions here and EU versions here

I ordered the pink EU version as it looks the nicest, and shipping is way cheaper to Australia from the EU than US.

Hell yeah let's talk about how much deafhaven owns instead of phish

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Barry posted:

I'm about two episodes in and was coming to this very same conclusion.

Don't skip on the Tom Scharpling ep.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

TubeStank posted:

How am I supposed to take a pink album cover seriously?

Answer me this, metal man.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

TubeStank posted:

I am willing to do this. Deafheaven are great, I should get on the pre-order chain.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Listened to Deafheaven Sunbather on youtube

This is like death metal for hanging out at the beach with pretty ladies, I can cosign on this

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Takk and ( ) are being repressed.

Here's your chance to get one (or both) for not $300.

http://modern-vinyl.com/2015/07/28/sigur-ros-takk-getting-repressed/

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

ElGroucho posted:

This is like death metal for hanging out at the beach

Yeah they're basically the Phish of black metal.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tortilla Maker posted:

I saw The Unicorns at a show in 2003 when their opening band was the Arcade Fire. Bought their pink marble record but gave it away a few years ago.

Apparently it's selling for $100+ with this guy selling it for $300. :stare:

http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/235965108

Gave it away (and as far as Arcade Fire goes my ex still has their demo cd I picked up).

It got repressed last year in same colors so don't buy this.

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

WASDF posted:

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time

WASDF posted:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

You win this one.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KnZtcMsHGg

This, this is the ultimate music and this is the only thing you need to spin on your turn-tables. 80s hard rock never rocked any harder. Rock on balding guitarist with long hair.

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
I've been rocking Humanesque lots after this old timer wouldn't let me leave a garage sale without it after he saw me grab Screaming for Vengeance, dude played with T.Rex, Pretty Things and very briefly Rainbow all before his 1980s solo stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCPv9NtK4bs

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTQrlDzqUCA

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
i thought sunbather was awful

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
I saw a Sly and the Family Stone record from value village and quickly check the condition, figured it was better than my copy so grabbed it for a buck. Got home and took it out to my garage to play while working on my bike and painting a bench when I realized the record inside was actually Chilliwack s/t 1970. Pinned the gatefold artwork by some cassettes on the wall, put the record(I'd never heard) on and was a little bummed until the third track :stare:(first done by The Collectors in 1968)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKq5Yk4FTfA

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

strap on revenge posted:

i thought sunbather was awful

Sorry but you are wrong

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Saw this silly cover at Superior Elevation, which has quickly become my favorite record store in Brooklyn

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008
If anyone is interested, Ship to Shore PhonoCo. (my goon run label) has just put up our Manos: The Hands of Fate LP for pre-order on red/black swirl "The Master" vinyl at http://shiptoshore.storenvy.com/products/13817541-manos-the-hands-of-fate.

melvinthemopboy3 fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 3, 2015

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

If anyone is interested, Ship to Shore PhonoCo. (my goon run label) has just put up our Manos: The Hands of Fate LP for pre-order on red/black swirl "The Master" vinyl at http://shiptoshore.storenvy.com/products/13817541-manos-the-hands-of-fate.

Page not found.

Are we going to get first dibs on the Mother pre-orders? ;)

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

Boinks posted:

Page not found.

Are we going to get first dibs on the Mother pre-orders? ;)

Oops, accidentally included the period. Fixed that!

MOTHER pre-orders will be going up on August 26th, along with pre-orders for another, very special release that has since been unannounced.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Found this for cheap at a shop. Initially attracted by the cover art admittedly, gave it a listen and thought it wasn't bad. The MySpace link on the back seems pretty quaint.

http://www.discogs.com/Beware-Of-Safety-It-Is-Curtains/release/1587240
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QLYmTHnJFA

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
if it's released by the mylene sheath it's probably going to be a bit boring but ok at worst, or amazing at best

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Storenvy is one of those sites made by some megabastard who doesn't get that first-world* addresses probably shouldn't have a mandatory state field. Almost stopped the order process due to nerd rage-induced waves of nausea.
:goonsay:

*) :smugmrgw:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

preordered for the red/black swirl

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

Oops, accidentally included the period. Fixed that!

MOTHER pre-orders will be going up on August 26th, along with pre-orders for another, very special release that has since been unannounced.

I already did the Mother kickstarter, now gimme that Earthbound kickstarter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

Kaboobi posted:

I already did the Mother kickstarter, now gimme that Earthbound kickstarter.

You'll be in for a nice surprise on August 26th...