Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

89 posted:

Pierre Thomas is visiting the Texans - Rotoworld.com

Wait, if I enable draft pick trading on Yahoo...that means draft picks can be traded during the season right? AKA, a losing team with say Jamaal Charles isn't making the playoffs...so he trades him away for a 2nd round pick of next year's draft to the guy that will probably make the finals?

Yahoo requires that a draft pick/player has to be included on both sides,so you can't just trade a pick for a player it would have to be a pick and a player going back both ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
I don't know if this is how all Yahoo standard drafts are going to go, but if so, sign me up!

RD 1 - Leveon Bell (7th pick)
RD 2 - Calvin Johnson
RD 3 - Kelvin Benjamin
RD 4 - Jordan Matthews
RD 5 - Andre Ellington
RD 6 - Ameer Abdullah
RD 7 - Matt Stafford
RD 8 - Legarette Blount
RD 9 - Anquan Boldin
RD 10 - Isaiah Crowell
RD 11 - Kendall Wright
RD 12 - Tre Mason
RD 13 - Ladarius Green
RD 14 - Eddie Royal

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Pierre Thomas is going to be a Texan. Blue wasn't terribly impressive (3.1 YPC on 169 carries), and apparently sucks at pass blocking anyway.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Keeper check... thought I had this figured out but maybe not?

Keeping:
Jeremy Hill - 8th

Potential keepers:
Ben Roethlisberger - 7th
Jordan Matthews - 10th
Andre Ellington - 11th
Martavis Bryant - 13th
Jonathan Stewart - 13th

If it's a guy in the 13th I could only keep one. 6pts passing TD, 1PPR. 3 year keeper limit, 1 round penalty per year. Picking 7th.

Stewart could be awesome in the 13th and going in with 2RBs in pocket is really nice but the dude is made of glass.

I've cooled on Bryant as my other keeper with all this Wheaton talk though that might just be camp chatter. Ellington already has a hamstring issue, so that kind of worries me a bit, this would also be my final keeper year for him. Matthews could be a very nice PPR guy this year? Ben isn't that grea tof a value and may drop again? People always seem to forget him and sitting at 7 if Rodgers is there I may have to bite.

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004
Is there a consensus on the "best" calculator for determining pick values?

In my keeper league, I want to keep:

Brandin Cooks for a 5th (drafted 7th round last season)
Jordan Mathews for a 6th (drafted 8th round last season)
Ellington for a 10th (kept from previous season as a 12th round pick)

Through various trades last season, I ended up losing my 6th and 10th round picks but gaining two extra picks in the 4th. So Ellington would now be a 9th, but Matthews a 5th and Cooks a 4th. Which is okay value now, but sucks for next season (Cooks being a 2nd instead of a 3rd).

So I'm trying to trade some picks; someone I've targeted would have me sending picks 48(4th), 145(13th) and 168(14th) for his 6th(66), 9th(103) and 10th(120). Footballguy's calculator shows me losing that trade, but by a small margin. Is that a descent sell?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

LmaoTheKid posted:

Keeping:
Jeremy Hill - 8th

Potential keepers:
Ben Roethlisberger - 7th
Jordan Matthews - 10th
Andre Ellington - 11th
Martavis Bryant - 13th
Jonathan Stewart - 13th

If it's a guy in the 13th I could only keep one. 6pts passing TD, 1PPR. 3 year keeper limit, 1 round penalty per year. Picking 7th.

Stewart could be awesome in the 13th and going in with 2RBs in pocket is really nice but the dude is made of glass.

I've cooled on Bryant as my other keeper with all this Wheaton talk though that might just be camp chatter. Ellington already has a hamstring issue, so that kind of worries me a bit, this would also be my final keeper year for him. Matthews could be a very nice PPR guy this year? Ben isn't that grea tof a value and may drop again? People always seem to forget him and sitting at 7 if Rodgers is there I may have to bite.

Matthews for me for sure. In 6 pt passing TD, Rodgers and Luck are great first round picks, you should definitely scoop either up at 7. Ellington and JStew are good values there, but neither is as nice as Matthews in full PPR in the 10th. Given the 13th round keeper = only one, I'd do Matthews and Ellington pretty easily.

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004

LmaoTheKid posted:

Keeping:
Jeremy Hill - 8th

Potential keepers:
Ben Roethlisberger - 7th
Jordan Matthews - 10th
Andre Ellington - 11th
Martavis Bryant - 13th
Jonathan Stewart - 13th

That's tough, as fantasyfootballcalculator has them all going in the 4th.
4.05 - Matthews
4.08 - Ellington
4.09 - Stewart
4.10 - Bryant

I'd say Stewart and Bryant give you the best "value" based on what your giving up, but in your shoes I'd keep Matthews. Big Ben is someone I'm targeting but I'd rather take him in the 5th/6th and keep Matthews with a 10th, then get Matthews in the 3rd/4th (skewing results based on other keepers diminishing the board).

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

gently caress, sorry guys I should have clarified. I'm keeping hill and have to pick one from that list.

E: Luck is off the board as a keeper for someone else. As is Bell. so chances are I won't have a shot at Rodgers.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

LmaoTheKid posted:

Keeping:
Jeremy Hill - 8th

Potential keepers:
Ben Roethlisberger - 7th
Jordan Matthews - 10th
Andre Ellington - 11th
Martavis Bryant - 13th
Jonathan Stewart - 13th

Hill and Matthews are the ones I would go for. I'm expecting a lot out of Matthews this year.

Reggie Died posted:

Is there a consensus on the "best" calculator for determining pick values?

In my keeper league, I want to keep:

Brandin Cooks for a 5th (drafted 7th round last season)
Jordan Mathews for a 6th (drafted 8th round last season)
Ellington for a 10th (kept from previous season as a 12th round pick)

Through various trades last season, I ended up losing my 6th and 10th round picks but gaining two extra picks in the 4th. So Ellington would now be a 9th, but Matthews a 5th and Cooks a 4th. Which is okay value now, but sucks for next season (Cooks being a 2nd instead of a 3rd).

So I'm trying to trade some picks; someone I've targeted would have me sending picks 48(4th), 145(13th) and 168(14th) for his 6th(66), 9th(103) and 10th(120). Footballguy's calculator shows me losing that trade, but by a small margin. Is that a descent sell?

It's hilarious how complicated stuff like this gets. Personally I tend to look at ADP and youth when considering keeper picks. Who did you skip over to pick those three?

As for the trade, this is complicated so let's look at this from a draft standpoint:

Current Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 4 (Cooks), 5 (Matthews), 7, 8, 9 (Ellington), 11, 12, 13, 14
Trade Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5 (Cooks), 6 (Matthews), 7, 8, 9, 9, 10 (Ellington), 11, 12

Net Difference: Lose 13 and 14 to gain two round 9 picks.

Yeah that's a no brainer.

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's hilarious how complicated stuff like this gets. Personally I tend to look at ADP and youth when considering keeper picks. Who did you skip over to pick those three?

Garbage value, I think

My other options are:
Tannehill for 12th
Tre Mason for 11th
Michael Floyd for 3rd
Allen for 12th
Crabtree for 10th

Thanks for the feedback though

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Ok, Matthews it is, thanks guys!

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Its Miller Time posted:

I've created a second goon MFL10 best ball league. I'll update this when it starts.

http://football20.myfantasyleague.com/2015/public?O=12&ACTION=LIST&PASSWORD=goonsquad2015

hey 4 more people should join this so we can start it

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
We could really use one more for the Cheating For Charity league so that we have an even number of teams. It's for a good cause! Whichever cause you want!

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I'll leave the fluff out and just get to the point: 1PPR, start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 flex

I have AP and Latavius Murray as my 2 backs that were kept so I need 2 starting WR's and don't have a first round pick. It looks like my WR1 will be a guy like: Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Matthews, or TY Hilton. Who do you guys like the best out of that group?

For the record, my plan is to load up on WR's early so that I make up for having a weak WR1 by having 3-4 guys who can produce, and then hopefully hitting on a lottery ticket later in the draft as my RB3 (because let's face it, Murray can't be trusted yet) and being a hound on the waiver wire.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Hilton because of Luck

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Ty1990 posted:

I'll leave the fluff out and just get to the point: 1PPR, start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 flex

I have AP and Latavius Murray as my 2 backs that were kept so I need 2 starting WR's and don't have a first round pick. It looks like my WR1 will be a guy like: Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Matthews, or TY Hilton. Who do you guys like the best out of that group?

For the record, my plan is to load up on WR's early so that I make up for having a weak WR1 by having 3-4 guys who can produce, and then hopefully hitting on a lottery ticket later in the draft as my RB3 (because let's face it, Murray can't be trusted yet) and being a hound on the waiver wire.

Personally I'd rank them Matthews > Hilton (slightly) > Benjamin > Evans (slightly).

Only reason I wouldn't take Hilton first is because of the addition of Johnson.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.
So in my Dynasty League, I have the 1.03 pick and I'm looking to also acquire the 1.01 for Megatron.

Should I pull the trigger on a Megatron for 1.01 and Cooks/Wheaton deal? We can't directly trade next years picks but I can always bring it up with the commissioner.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Kouerson posted:

So in my Dynasty League, I have the 1.03 pick and I'm looking to also acquire the 1.01 for Megatron.

Should I pull the trigger on a Megatron for 1.01 and Cooks/Wheaton deal? We can't directly trade next years picks but I can always bring it up with the commissioner.
Who is available/would you be picking at 1.01?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

What's your roster look like? Who would you take #1?

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

Ty1990 posted:

What's your roster look like? Who would you take #1?

Forgot to run that down, would be taking Amari Cooper #1 (because my Raiders friend picks #2 and I know won't pass him up) then take whichever is left in Gurley/Gordon

QB: Luck
WR: Megatron, Hopkins, Michael Floyd, Patterson, Josh Gordon, Andre Holmes,
RB: Lamar Miller, Hyde, Latavius Murray, Bradshaw, Taliaferro, Juwan Thompson, Alfred Blue, Blount
TE: Bennett
D/ST: Why are you still reading this

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
1.01 and Brandin Cooks for Megatron?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kouerson posted:

Forgot to run that down, would be taking Amari Cooper #1 (because my Raiders friend picks #2 and I know won't pass him up) then take whichever is left in Gurley/Gordon

RB: Lamar Miller, Hyde, Latavius Murray, Bradshaw, Taliaferro, Juwan Thompson, Alfred Blue, Blount

:stare:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So Jay Ajayi is sucking at pass blocking, can't beat out Damian Williams for the backup spot and will probably be inactive all year. I'm baffled that he's still getting drafted.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

he's my gift that keeps on giving.

and yeah, 1.01 for Cooks or Wheaton for Megatron or throwing in Michael Floyd and getting next years second or something.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Kouerson posted:

You might want to take another look at your WRs

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Normally I'd say gently caress yeah get off the Megatron train because it's going downhill but you basically need him with those WRs and their QB situations. Hopkins gonna bust HARD this this year.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Benne posted:

So Jay Ajayi is sucking at pass blocking, can't beat out Damian Williams for the backup spot and will probably be inactive all year. I'm baffled that he's still getting drafted.

Lamar Miller going in the third round is a god damned crime. He's exactly what people think Andre Ellington is (but he isn't because Ellington is made of glass).

If you need an RB in the late second round and aren't taking a serious look at Miller (after Hill is gone), you're gonna have a bad time this year.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

LmaoTheKid posted:

Normally I'd say gently caress yeah get off the Megatron train because it's going downhill but you basically need him with those WRs and their QB situations. Hopkins gonna bust HARD this this year.

If he trades Megatron for cooks and cooper his wrs will look a lot better

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

LmaoTheKid posted:

Forget about Hopkins, what the gently caress is Andre Holmes doing on a fantasy roster in TYOOL 2015

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

Benne posted:

Forget about Hopkins, what the gently caress is Andre Holmes doing on a fantasy roster in TYOOL 2015

I can't drop him till after the draft, ok.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Metapod posted:

If he trades Megatron for cooks and cooper his wrs will look a lot better

In that offense? I like Carr but I dunno man.

Benne posted:

Well I only commented on Hopkins because he's a guy you're probably going to plug in this year unlike Holmes.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

LmaoTheKid posted:

He isn't winning this year but for the long term he would be getting 2 very productive wrs for along time

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

LmaoTheKid posted:

Well I only commented on Hopkins because he's a guy you're probably going to plug in this year unlike Holmes.

It's a dynasty league. Cooper and Cooks have a hell of a lot of more value than Megatron. I'll take the 5+ years of them over the quickly dying.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Pierre Thomas signing fell through and it sounds like Chris Polk will get the first crack at starting over Alfred Blue.

Avoid this quagmire.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Benne posted:

The Pierre Thomas signing fell through and it sounds like Chris Polk will get the first crack at starting over Alfred Blue.

Avoid this quagmire.

I'm going to pick up Polk since be is a local. That usually works, right?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

jabro posted:

It's a dynasty league. Cooper and Cooks have a hell of a lot of more value than Megatron. I'll take the 5+ years of them over the quickly dying.

Oh I didn't realize its for both and it looks like Cooper is working well with Carr? Pull the trigger I guess.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Pierre Thomas is going to be a Texan. Blue wasn't terribly impressive (3.1 YPC on 169 carries), and apparently sucks at pass blocking anyway.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/314088/update-pierre-thomas-passing-on-texans-offer :sadtrombone:

'...according to Thomas' agent, Lamont Smith, the two sides "were unable to agree to terms."'

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gearman posted:

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/314088/update-pierre-thomas-passing-on-texans-offer :sadtrombone:

'...according to Thomas' agent, Lamont Smith, the two sides "were unable to agree to terms."'

"I'd like AP money." "We were thinking vet minimum."

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Amergin posted:

Personally I'd rank them Matthews > Hilton (slightly) > Benjamin > Evans (slightly).

Only reason I wouldn't take Hilton first is because of the addition of Johnson.

On what scoring system would you possibly take Benjamin over Evans? Points per drop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

jabro posted:

I'm going to pick up Polk since be is a local. That usually works, right?

Does Polk have three down talent? I seem to remember him showing decent hands. Don't know about his pass protection or injury history, but if the opportunity's there the price may be right.

• Locked thread