Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Endless Mike posted:

yeah, during the week i had one, it kept sending me useless fb notifications despite me having them set to off, the watchfaces are all smaller than the $60 automatic seiko i usually wear (which is small by current watch trends), and the glances are all useless since they all have to refresh through your phone, so you may as well just check your phone since it takes 5-10 seconds to get you a 3 second look worth of information. maybe the next software update will improve these since it adds native apps, but i kind of doubt it.

native apps probably reduce battery life further, fwiw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

what's apple's return policy like

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

holy poo poo lol @ all that

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
'the bad news on apples stock is only beginning'

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Fabricated posted:

'the bad news on apples stock is only beginning'

it's going to go down for a while until the 6s comes out and they sell 80 million of them then everyone will be amazed

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ruby idiot railed posted:

didn't have any problems with the battery. got a day of use with plenty left.

As a Millennial I posted:

what's apple's return policy like
14 days no questions asked/no restocking fee as long as it's in good shape. (only if purchased at an apple store obvs.)

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

spider oak "updated" their mac app

quote:

* Mac OS X now uses an installer rather than a drag-and-drop install.

:stare:

ruby idiot railed posted:

not necessarily

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
the watch has haptic feedback and audio but you can mute the audio. it's nice and useful

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Things are looking different inside IBM, too. Once a company of blue suits, Wintel personal computers and BlackBerrys, Big Blue is on track to become the world’s largest corporate user of MacBooks. On Wednesday, the company began to apply lessons it has learned, introducing a service intended to help other companies adopt Macs.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
my watch is great and has helped a lot in keeping me from being tied to my phone every time it buzzes, i'd recommend it to anyone

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pinterest Mom posted:

Things are looking different inside IBM, too. Once a company of blue suits, Wintel personal computers and BlackBerrys, Big Blue is on track to become the world’s largest corporate user of MacBooks. On Wednesday, the company began to apply lessons it has learned, introducing a service intended to help other companies adopt Macs.

What does IBM actually do exactly

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Larry Parrish posted:

print money

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Larry Parrish posted:

ride on the coat tails of its successes during the 50s, 60s and 70s.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

my dad refuses to upgrade his iphone to ios 8.4 because he doesn't want "apple music on my phone taking up memory for poo poo i'm never going to use and you can't loving delete, why can't someone sue them like microsoft for this loving poo poo"

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Luigi Thirty posted:

my dad refuses to upgrade his iphone to ios 8.4 because he doesn't want "apple music on my phone taking up memory for poo poo i'm never going to use and you can't loving delete, why can't someone sue them like microsoft for this loving poo poo"

sounds like your dad needs an android

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Stringent posted:

sounds like your dad needs an android

he liked his old android because he carried a second battery for when the first battery died and you can't do that with an iphone

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
apple doesn't fall from the tree huh?

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Stringent posted:

apple doesn't fall from the tree huh?

:golfclap:

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Luigi Thirty posted:

he liked his old android because he carried a second battery for when the first battery died and you can't do that with an iphone

a microsoft windows phone 10 for phones may be more his speed

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

Luigi Thirty posted:

you can just turn Apple music off if you don't like it and the music app goes back to the old way...

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Trashman posted:

you can just turn Apple music off if you don't like it and the music app goes back to the old way...

does 8.4 do anything other than add iMusic to your phone? the release notes didn't really reveal anything otherwise

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

good dad

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
computer dads do cobol and are concerned about cycles and memory. theyve got a sick table saw and calloused hands. they fix their own pipes and have a healthy homophobic streak. if your dad a simpering weakling? well, smdh. my dad is elderly and can open any jar. i love my dad, and respect him.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

my dad has an iphone 5s and yesterday whilst i slaved away at my computer job (8.5 hrs, no overtime), he shot a 77 on his golf game. he doesn't know comp langs tho he pays people to do that poo poo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

my dad has an iphone 5s and yesterday whilst i slaved away at my computer job (8.5 hrs, no overtime), he shot a 77 on his golf game. he doesn't know comp langs tho he pays people to do that poo poo

nice dad. powerful moves

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

does 8.4 do anything other than add iMusic to your phone? the release notes didn't really reveal anything otherwise

prob some bug fixes in there

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

remember when some guy in this thread's dad was dying and he me mentioned that his dad was not an apple fan. that was funny

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

zen death robot posted:

I'm a little shocked that no one has taken Apple to court on the grounds that Apple Music is anti-competitive. Microsoft got nailed for pre-installing on Windows, which isn't really that big of a deal as far as making money goes. The way iOS encourages you to subscribe to Apple Music when you set up the phone really seems far more anti-competitive than the IE thing ever was.

I don't personally care one way or the other, but I'm kinda surprised that it hasn't happened yet.

source your quotes

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

apple has a monopoly on smartphone profits not smartphones. for some reason android users think they're in the minority instead of the majority

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

zen death robot posted:

I'm a little shocked that no one has taken Apple to court on the grounds that Apple Music is anti-competitive. Microsoft got nailed for pre-installing on Windows, which isn't really that big of a deal as far as making money goes. The way iOS encourages you to subscribe to Apple Music when you set up the phone really seems far more anti-competitive than the IE thing ever was.

I don't personally care one way or the other, but I'm kinda surprised that it hasn't happened yet.

using the slashdot definition of "anti-competitive", I see.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

zen death robot posted:

I was comparing it do the dumb case that MS got hit with over IE, retard. I use and like Apple Music, but it just seems like something Spotify would try to go after them on. Just because I don't post dumb poo poo like "praise timb" constantly doesn't mean I hate all of Apples products.

microsoft had a monopoly with over 95% market share. apple has, what, 40% in the us?

you can't abuse your monopoly if you don't have one.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

zen death robot posted:

I was comparing it do the dumb case that MS got hit with over IE, retard.

its you, you are the retard.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

zen death robot posted:

Makes sense, I forgot that MS had that large of a market share at the time.

Last Chance posted:

The Management posted:

using the slashdot definition of "anti-competitive", I see.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

not releasing your source is anti-competitive

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Last Chance posted:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

power botton posted:

not releasing your source is anti-competitive

hello mr stallman

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

zen death robot posted:

All smartwatches are bad and nerdy as gently caress.

hrrm shall I sliiten to notbale nerd idiot zen death failbot or extreme ly cool and not nerdy hip hop supepterstar kayne west

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Luigi Thirty posted:

ur da is a loving idiot op

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Stux posted:

extreme ly cool and not nerdy hip hop supepterstar kayne west

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

why did he design sneakers that look think ugg boots then

• Locked thread