Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

is this a real shirt?

cuz I'll buy it if it's real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007

SealHammer posted:

is this a real shirt?

cuz I'll buy it if it's real

http://www.redbubble.com/people/noisemaker/works/15329156-cs-go-cyka-blyat?p=t-shirt&style=mens&body_color=asphalt&print_location=front

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

its a shame that such a good map (dust 2) is always populated by comatose patients

i just queued up against derankers one of which mic spammed thrift store lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Dongicus posted:

its a shame that such a good map (dust 2) is always populated by comatose patients

i just queued up against derankers one of which mic spammed thrift store lol

i hate

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
A lot of weirdos on dust 2 mm. I prefer inferno over it because I can't aim and its a better map for the p90

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pookum posted:

A lot of weirdos on dust 2 mm. I prefer inferno over it because I can't aim and its a better map for the p90
From what I've learned from the thread, only a few people here like playing comp Inferno (myself included). It's a good map, but it needs a helluva lot of teamwork in order to clear out the nooks and crannies on both sites.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
I got stuck at LEM as well and feel like I've been getting worse lately, so I am taking a break from playing this game. CS isn't something you should burn out on, and sometimes taking a break can be good. Just doing some surfing now and then. Oddly my performance in deathmatch was going up but in competitive it was going down.. Hopefully this doesn't mean the headshot only servers are bad, because I find them a lot more fun than regular DM.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

symbolic posted:

From what I've learned from the thread, only a few people here like playing comp Inferno (myself included). It's a good map, but it needs a helluva lot of teamwork in order to clear out the nooks and crannies on both sites.

Inferno shines in games where teams have defined, practiced CT and T side roles, like entry, second entry, support flashers, and everyone knows where to check even if one or more of the entries is dead

Then you have a variety of spots first contact and mop up CT side guy can play

And for T side you know a bunch of timings and grenades

If you don't have all of this, it's kind of a roll of the dice if 5 randoms will be able to check the right stuff together or rotate well

Meanwhile cobble, overpass, and cache have just the right amount of spots to be fun in a pub while not having too many, and dust2 is a very aim heavy map

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
Inferno is my go-to, and teamwork is #1 on it for sure. I can make B happen by myself about half the time because I've practiced it incessantly, but I'm either super low or dead by time they're in site so it's up to them at that point.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Meanwhile cobble, overpass, and cache have just the right amount of spots to be fun in a pub while not having too many, and dust2 is a very aim heavy map

actually you're wrong and overpass is not fun ever

my pugging fun potential ranking is d2, cache, --long abyss before any other maps--, cbble, mirage, inferno, overpass, train

not by coincidence that's also roughly in order of ct sidedness (with the exception of overpass which is more t sided than inferno and mirage but also more bad)

I also just surprised myself with how high I ranked cbble seeing as how I personally like mirage a lot more than I like cbble

real dilemma fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 5, 2015

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Overpass is a great map, and the best new map in CS:GO by a country mile. For casual play, d2/cache/mirage is pretty much the standard pool though.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

real dilemma posted:

my pugging fun potential ranking is d2, cache, --long abyss before any other maps--, cbble, mirage, inferno, overpass, train

not by coincidence that's also roughly in order of ct sidedness (with the exception of overpass which is more t sided than inferno and mirage but also more bad)

I also just surprised myself with how high I ranked cbble seeing as how I personally like mirage a lot more than I like cbble

overpass grows on you

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Overpass is a good map. The connector and bank-balcony areas took a little getting used to but it flows really well.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

overgrown > overpass

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

real dilemma posted:

so what you're saying is you like boring maps and are stuck in the early 2000s?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

dust 2> cache> cobble> overpass >inferno> mirage>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> nuke

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

the only thing i dislike about cobble is that it always ends up being me holding off dropper

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

no_funeral posted:

so what you're saying is you like boring maps and are stuck in the early 2000s?

I'm not young and spry and impressionable anymore. Bring back nuke, fire, and mill. Go model your tight jeans and plaid shirts against a wall somewhere and get off my lawn.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Dongicus posted:

the only thing i dislike about cobble is that it always ends up being me holding off dropper

buy a mag-7 and have some fun friend

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Dongicus posted:

i can't make up my mind on whether dust 2 or cache is the better map

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

real dilemma posted:

I'm not young and spry and impressionable anymore. Bring back nuke, fire, and mill. Go model your tight jeans and plaid shirts against a wall somewhere and get off my lawn.

nuke is being reworked, fire and mill belong to cal so they aren't coming back without major reworks, like brute's fire which is on the server.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Carol Pizzamom posted:

I got stuck at LEM as well and feel like I've been getting worse lately, so I am taking a break from playing this game. CS isn't something you should burn out on, and sometimes taking a break can be good. Just doing some surfing now and then. Oddly my performance in deathmatch was going up but in competitive it was going down.. Hopefully this doesn't mean the headshot only servers are bad, because I find them a lot more fun than regular DM.

Headshot only is alright, but be careful. Spraying is a huge part of the game as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO-8yzOnoWI

e: cache > d2 > mill > inferno > overpass > mirage > cobble

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

no_funeral posted:

nuke is being reworked, fire and mill belong to cal so they aren't coming back without major reworks, like brute's fire which is on the server.

I've always wondered why they were able to do strike --> mirage but neither of the other two. Mill is a really good map and cs:go should make a full remake of it.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I've always wondered why they were able to do strike --> mirage but neither of the other two. Mill is a really good map and cs:go should make a full remake of it.

mirage is different enough from strike that it isn't subject to claims from the cpl. mill is an awful map!!! stop liking mill.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

no_funeral posted:

mirage is different enough from strike that it isn't subject to claims from the cpl. mill is an awful map!!! stop liking mill.

If mirage is different enough then they can definitely make mill "different" enough without any real effort or change to the map imo. Mill rules and always has ruled.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Dongicus posted:

this guy knows what's up

inferno sucks for sq if you hit a premade that knows how to resmoke banana, it's basically instant gg; but against some randoms it's passable I guess

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Thom P. Tiers posted:

If mirage is different enough then they can definitely make mill "different" enough without any real effort or change to the map imo. Mill rules and always has ruled.

yes its called tuscan/toscan. mill was never good.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I agree with you guys about inferno. If the other team knows all those weird smoke tricks it makes it a lot harder and I have to play weird spots to get flanks. I'm only gold nova 2 so even if they are smoking I can out shoot them.

Other than that I like most of the maps that were in source. Never played nuke though my computer could never handle big mals

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
nuke is an absolutely disgusting map

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

"God, I'm an idiot for buying a Bravo Case. I'm gonna get jack poo poo."

:vince::vince::vince:

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Nuke is one of my favorite maps

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Kwilty posted:

Headshot only is alright, but be careful. Spraying is a huge part of the game as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO-8yzOnoWI

e: cache > d2 > mill > inferno > overpass > mirage > cobble

The reason I practice in head-shot only dm is even if you spray you can try to get it really tight since the target hit-box is so small and dodgy

Try going into head-shot only dm and bursting 4-9 rounds while tracking the head. It's fun

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun
My biggest issue with HS only DM is that you can't really practice with the M4 unless you like being at a huge disadvantage in every fight.

The Blue Caboose fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Aug 6, 2015

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

its even better if you can find a pistol one

Fruit-by-the-Foot Fetish
Aug 3, 2012

no_funeral posted:

angel munoz and pals will be filing for copyright infringement on a rip of mill or fire just as soon as a few thousand dollars of unpaid prize money is distributed

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

hampton posted:

angel munoz and pals will be filing for copyright infringement on a rip of mill or fire just as soon as a few thousand dollars of unpaid prize money is distributed

nice joke but he sold the cpl/cal to some foreign company years ago

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
As my point was before, if they haven't come after them for the official map that is mirage they sure as hell aren't going to come after them for an official map with a layout similar to mill or fire. Unless you are a crazy person and think the mirage layout somehow is drastically different than what strike was (it's not).

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Thom P. Tiers posted:

As my point was before, if they haven't come after them for the official map that is mirage they sure as hell aren't going to come after them for an official map with a layout similar to mill or fire. Unless you are a crazy person and think the mirage layout somehow is drastically different than what strike was (it's not).

uh ok

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Welp, I've tried to switch back to 16:9 and I can't do it. I guess stretched 4:3 is my life now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
How to be good at counterstrike:

1) buy a 1440p monitor
2) set your resolution to 800x600 stretched

• Locked thread