Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

unlawfulsoup posted:

It was a good post and I learned something new.

Edit: For content, here's a ZenOn ZES-170

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Mr. Mambold posted:

ffs.....F-F-Faustus?

Not seeing a monkey grip.

crashdome
Jun 28, 2011

shiksa posted:

don't let him put it on a steampunk guitar

My immediate thought was it looked piratey.

"Arrr... 'scuse me while I walk the plank! ARRR!!!" [Weeeeooooo Weeeoooo Wahhhhhhhhhh]

White Dog Eggs posted:

That is beautiful. Except the pickguard. Why does it look like overspray from the body?

crashdome fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Aug 5, 2015

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

5er posted:

No, that guy looks self-aware.
Rude!

I've been good!

Also, I too was educated and edified by the Class A/Class AB minigun analogy. Thanks!

E: Hang on a minute. What about that picture says, "self-awareness" to you? I've done been hornswoggled.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 5, 2015

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

White Dog Eggs posted:

Ah so. Looks very teisco-esque.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

White Dog Eggs posted:

needs more tortoiseshell

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

crashdome posted:

That is beautiful. Except the pickguard. Why does it look like overspray from the body?

Because those guitars were cheap as balls. Those pickups are HORRIBLE by the way, they are the same type you find on Guyatones and they have no redeeming features what so ever. I once pulled one apart to find that it had 3 ferrite magnets stacked and glued together for some reason.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Jaguar pickups and a red tortoiseshell guard and that guitar would be hot as gently caress

paint the headstock too

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
No tortoiseshell, no no no no no no no no.

NO.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
You can never have enough tortoiseshell.

Still needs a tort guard. :c00lbutt:

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
That guitar belongs in this thread, and it should be banished to the firey depths of music hell.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
they should have tort-ed up that amp too, and displayed it on a table made of tort and then ate some tort on a sandwich for lunch

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

unlawfulsoup posted:

That guitar belongs in this thread, and it should be banished to the firey depths of music hell.

:agreed:

I'm thinking about having the tort guards on my Reverends sent in to pickguardian and having them make me a three-layer mint one for my chronic blue rev, and a straight black one for my sparkle red rev.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Schpyder posted:

:agreed:

I'm thinking about having the tort guards on my Reverends sent in to pickguardian and having them make me a three-layer mint one for my chronic blue rev, and a straight black one for my sparkle red rev.

mint green looks good on blue if it's like surf blue

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Apologies if this has been posted.....

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

unlawfulsoup posted:

No tortoiseshell, no no no no no no no no.

NO.

i'm gonna start a pickguard/vinyl applique business where i use pictures of placentas, bloody vomit, and crime scenes as source material and pass it off as upscale tortoiseshell

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

City of Tampa posted:

dick dale sends his regards

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

City of Tampa posted:

WOW

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Blue Raider posted:

dick dale sends his regards

dick dale is a cool guy and I've seen him perform twice but I never noticed any tort.

dude needs to step up his tort game.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

City of Tampa posted:

dick dale is a cool guy and I've seen him perform twice but I never noticed any tort.

dude needs to step up his tort game.

He's like the Father of electric cool and that's cool you've seen him. It's amazing he's still out there even.

e. Fires up Miserlou, opens a cold one...

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
i wonder what happens if he snaps a string considering he uses something like .16-.60 tuned standard

it's like bridge cables

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Mr. Mambold posted:

He's like the Father of electric cool and that's cool you've seen him. It's amazing he's still out there even.

we have a cool old venue/bar here called Skipper's Smokehouse and it seems like Dick Dale plays there like 2-3 times a year, and he's a super chill guy.

comes along bort posted:

i wonder what happens if he snaps a string considering he uses something like .16-.60 tuned standard

it's like bridge cables

also he plays left handed without reversing his strings,it's loving wierd

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mr. Mambold posted:

He's not in the best shape sadly :(.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

City of Tampa posted:

we have a cool old venue/bar here called Skipper's Smokehouse and it seems like Dick Dale plays there like 2-3 times a year, and he's a super chill guy.

also he plays left handed without reversing his strings,it's loving wierd

Very. I read someone somewhere marveling at his ungodly robot hand strength, can't recall the context.

loving hell that's terrible!

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

that's super depressing and now I wish I had gone to more of his shows.

drat you'd think that some other rock god could throw dale a few hundred grand so he could spend some time with his wife, this really sucks.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
i don't get it, medicare pays for all that poo poo

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

comes along bort posted:

i'm gonna start a pickguard/vinyl applique business where i use pictures of placentas, bloody vomit, and crime scenes as source material and pass it off as upscale tortoiseshell

This is a good idea

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

City of Tampa posted:

I'm not really into tortoise shell, but that kinda owns. Makes me want to put on an electric blue Nudie suit and a white Stetson and play some Bob Wills.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

City of Tampa posted:

And a birdseye neck? I can only get so erect

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

comes along bort posted:

This can be my contribution the GBScaster

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HffP63WF4yo

i'm not happy about posting this here because currently Thundercat is the coolest dude in the world to me but I feel obligated to. i think his bass is sick but it belongs here

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

muike posted:

i'm not happy about posting this here because currently Thundercat is the coolest dude in the world to me but I feel obligated to. i think his bass is sick but it belongs here

Every note of this song owns.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Check out the official video. It features samurais and their home life

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

muike posted:

i'd play the dumbest looking bass on the planet if i could make it sound like Thundercat

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dudes like Thundercat and Jesse from Death From Above 1979 make the bass seem like the coolest instrument in existence.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Thundercat is awesome.

Whoever made this is not.

Whoever posted it to wikipedia as an example of an eight-string guitar is ahahahah what

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Allen Wren posted:

Thundercat is awesome.

Whoever posted it to wikipedia as an example of an eight-string guitar is ahahahah what

That's a bold move, using pink.

I usually use black tone-electrical-tape.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

muike posted:

That's probably the most tastefully done 6-string bass I've ever seen. Death to flame maple though.

Allen Wren posted:

Thundercat is awesome.

Hahahahahahaha, that's loving shameful! They didn't even put the neck on straight when they converted it, you can still see the corner of the neck pickup rout, it's not that hard to fill it then put that (awesomely tacky) shiny poo poo over the top. I think the high e is hanging over the edge of the board too, kind of hard to see though.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat
Something about this really bothers me but I can't figure it out;

Maybe it's the fact it looks like a toilet seat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

White Dog Eggs posted:

Something about this really bothers me but I can't figure it out;

Maybe it's the fact it looks like a toilet seat?

its like you left a les paul hanging in the sun and it melted

• Locked thread