Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
I just got this game for PS4, what server should I go to and why is this confirmation e-mail taking so long?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Eej posted:

Have you ever wished to wear a hat that had two bears yelling out of your ears? Well wish no longer!

How do I get this? I don't care how long it takes me, or how much effort I have to put in, this is my goal.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
If I don't give a poo poo about glamour gear, what should I be spending poetics on?

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Bob NewSCART posted:

How do I get this? I don't care how long it takes me, or how much effort I have to put in, this is my goal.

It's pvp gear. They took the rank requirement off it so it doesnt take too long to get the wolf marks.

Evader
May 20, 2008

One morning, when I woke up, there was a lizard in my room.
Just want to confirm that there is no known way to copy config/keybind/hotbar data between PC and PS4. That right?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm really disappointed that /brofist doesn't synchronize with your target.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Veev posted:

It's pvp gear. They took the rank requirement off it so it doesnt take too long to get the wolf marks.

Can I only get these marks if I'm 50?

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

ArtIsResistance posted:

I just got this game for PS4, what server should I go to and why is this confirmation e-mail taking so long?

We all play on Excalibur. You may need to wait until 2am PST, or wake up early and make a new character. You can save appearance data if you create your character early, so all you have to do is select your server.

Also a trick with the email on mogstation is to tell it to resend the email if you have the option, usually appears right away for me when o do that.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Boten Anna posted:

I love offtanking A4 so pro tips for all the Warriors out there:

1) Getting sucked in the photoboth happens at specific times in the fight, with slight variation for exceptionally bad or good DPS. Learn when these are. It's always after certain mechanics (usu orbs) end, and your berserk cooldown timer is a good hint if you've lost track.

2) Once you know when Surprise Purikura is about to happen and it is no longer a surprise, prep storm's eye and make sure you have at least 3 stacks of Wrath/Abandon

3) When you're in, switch to Deliverance if you haven't already, apply Storm's Eye (you should have 4 or 5 stacks of Wrath/Abandon now), pop berserk and internal release, fell cleave, infuriate, fell cleave, then do hate combo

4) There will be one where berserk won't be up yet, that one sucks. Just prep the same way and do your best. If internal release and infuriate are up, it's probably best to only blow them if you're with a particularly terrible DPS, otherwise it's best to save for the next one

5) Look at this photograph, every time I look I get sucked into pneumatic tubes and forced to fight robots to death,

6) Seriously though, strength accessories

7) If you are doing the Manderville dance before you get sucked up, you do that animation instead of the flying one.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

We all play on Excalibur. You may need to wait until 2am PST, or wake up early and make a new character. You can save appearance data if you create your character early, so all you have to do is select your server.

Also a trick with the email on mogstation is to tell it to resend the email if you have the option, usually appears right away for me when o do that.

Sounds rough but I'll try. The e-mail worked when I removed the periods from my e-mail address so far so good

bleuraindrops
Jun 22, 2011

Bob NewSCART posted:

Can I only get these marks if I'm 50?

You can get wolf marks as early as lvl 30 doing wolves' den (4v4) BUT you'll have long queues and it doesn't reward much. Frontlines (8v8v8 up to 24v24v24) opens at 50 and the lvl 60 FLs is currently active and the gear is lvl 50 gear anyways so what I'm saying is yes.

Drium
Jun 24, 2015
I know that I DON'T have to do my Zodiac quest, but I really want my Ragnarok Zeta before 3.1. Unfortunately I haven't really figured out how to make the money to afford it, thus why I'm asking if any of our crafters might have the materials I need laying around or within reach that I could snag off them at a discount.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Where do I go to unlock Seal Rock?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SirPhoebos posted:

Where do I go to unlock Seal Rock?

It's automatically unlocked by unlocking frontlines.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

cheetah7071 posted:

It's automatically unlocked by unlocking frontlines.

Huh. that's rather punctual for this game :v:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Bob NewSCART posted:

Hit 60, unlock Frontlines and queue for the Frontlines Daily Roulette which gives you like 600 to 1000 wolf marks and I think the cheaper pvp pieces are like 1-2k per piece so pretty fast actually.

KoB
May 1, 2009

SirPhoebos posted:

Huh. that's rather punctual for this game :v:

I spent about 15 minutes searching for a new quest before feeling like an idiot.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Drium posted:

I know that I DON'T have to do my Zodiac quest, but I really want my Ragnarok Zeta before 3.1. Unfortunately I haven't really figured out how to make the money to afford it, thus why I'm asking if any of our crafters might have the materials I need laying around or within reach that I could snag off them at a discount.

Alright, fair enough! Sorry if I came off sounding as confrontational, Zodiac is just a lot of hoops to jump through and I wasn't sure if you knew that it wasn't really necessary.

WobblySausage
Nov 7, 2014
Does anyone else have issues with this game causing Chrome to be super slow while the game is open? I can hardly browse anything when I'm logged in. Actually it's just my whole PC that runs slow while it's on.

1080p windowed, maximum settings
i7-920 (stock clock)
GTX 760
Windows 10 Enterprise (updated)

I'm not sure if my CPU is a bottleneck here, or if it's Nvidia specific, or if everyone is having this problem with similar settings.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Nope. Make sure your chipset and other various motherboard drivers are up to date. Was it fine with W7?

WobblySausage
Nov 7, 2014

nuru posted:

Nope. Make sure your chipset and other various motherboard drivers are up to date. Was it fine with W7?

Never got to try. I just started playing last week after I installed Win10.

It's probably time for an upgrade anyway. If it's the motherboard drivers, then ASRock stopped supporting this model a long time ago. I'll give Chipset drivers a try first though, thanks.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Apparently Chrome hogs up a lot of resources in W10 right now.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ArtIsResistance posted:

For some reason sometimes SE email server takes a while to send poo poo. And you want to be in Excalibur but have to do it at like 3am or it'll be locked.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Is this like wow where all the pre-expac content is worthless now that the expac is out?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

ArtIsResistance posted:

Is this like wow where all the pre-expac content is worthless now that the expac is out?

Nope. You've gotta run through the pre-expac story to even get access to Heavensward, and there's still incentives for players to run the old content.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

ArtIsResistance posted:

Nope, there are incentives for people to keep running old content. All the old dungeons are in duty finder roulettes, so you won't have any trouble doing them. You might have trouble with the old raids though, people only do those for glamour.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Begemot posted:

Nope, there are incentives for people to keep running old content. All the old dungeons are in duty finder roulettes, so you won't have any trouble doing them. You might have trouble with the old raids though, people only do those for glamour.

It's not too tricky to talk a few people into going into old raids with level sync off to see the content and farm glamours, though. Turns 5/9/13 have too many mechanics to completely cheese and might take more coaxing and you'd have to actually learn some of the fight, but it's not impossible to find people to do them.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

So how many of you want to undersize party Melusine and help me get my high allagan coat of healing? Kidding, but it is a shame queue times on Turns nobody cares about anymore are 40+ minutes these days.

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Aug 6, 2015

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Volt Catfish posted:

So how many of you want to undersize party Melusine and help me get my high allagan coat of healing? Kidding, but it is a shame queue times on Turns nobody cares about anymore are 40+ minutes these days.

DFing them will be dead as hell, yeah. There's always PF and the FC though, and will sync off you don't even need too many people.

I'll get around to doing anything Coil past T5 at some stage :v:

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

You'd be surprised how well an undersized run of any old stuff fills up in pf.

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus
Have the developers spoken at all about giving classes multiple roles? It's really nice leveling up as a summoner and switching out to scholar when I'm in the mood for a change of pace or faster dungeon queues

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

NicelyNice posted:

Have the developers spoken at all about giving classes multiple roles? It's really nice leveling up as a summoner and switching out to scholar when I'm in the mood for a change of pace or faster dungeon queues

Nope, and there's no reason to expect it when you can level other jobs.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Volt Catfish posted:

Please don't undersize me.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Hey there! I was in PBC as Franq Beynz a while back, and I'm trying to transfer my character to another server. It says that I have items with the Resident Caretaker, but when I talk to the one in Goblet Ward 1 he doesn't seem to have anything for me to reclaim. Does anyone know how I might clear that out?

E: I just had to log in to reset that flag I guess, because all my poo poo is gone. Sorted.

Next question: I have too much gil to transfer, what are good things to buy and resell on the other side? I don't know the economy these days.

Subjunctive fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Aug 6, 2015

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

NicelyNice posted:

Don't count on it. There's heavy speculation that they're going to axe the class/job distinction at some point and smn/sch is the exception that massively complicates pretty much every simple way to do that.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Mordiceius posted:

If I don't give a poo poo about glamour gear, what should I be spending poetics on?

Man you are just full of terrible opinions aren't you?

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Do all HOTs/DOTs tick once every 3 seconds? Trying to figure out total potency per second on some skills.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Boten Anna posted:

Don't count on it. There's heavy speculation that they're going to axe the class/job distinction at some point and smn/sch is the exception that massively complicates pretty much every simple way to do that.

They need to just embrace it. Give us a Spellblade dps class that splits into a Red Mage dps job, a Rune Fencer tank job, and a Sage healing job. It could work!

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

more like dICK posted:

Do all HOTs/DOTs tick once every 3 seconds? Trying to figure out total potency per second on some skills.

Yes, exactly once every 3 seconds. If a thing says it lasts 21 seconds, that means 7 ticks. Skill Speed/Spell Speed boosts the damage/heal per tick, doesn't alter their tick rate at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

kafziel posted:

They need to just embrace it. Give us a Spellblade dps class that splits into a Red Mage dps job, a Rune Fencer tank job, and a Sage healing job. It could work!

Never going to happen.

• Locked thread