Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Sith Happens posted:

And now they've got new helmets:

https://twitter.com/AuburnPix/status/628971651099676672/photo/1

This means Auburn may not win a single game this season now. :ohdear:

NOOOOO!!! The dreaded Sports Illustrated, Coaches Poll, new uniform trifecta!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

quote:

Malik Zaire has thrown 35 passes as a Notre Dame quarterback. He nevertheless has a catchphrase: Third and long—not long enough. He first recited it in the huddle during a 35-point loss at USC last November, the Irish’s fourth straight defeat to end 2014. The meaning: There is no amount of yardage the offense can’t gain. “Whenever it’s an opportunity for us to take that next step,” Zaire says, “we can do that.” The 18 returning starters learned a lot from last year’s nosedive, and they’re eager to put that knowledge to use

This is killing me

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
This is the highest Arizona has been ranked in the preseason since 1999, when they started #4 (and had a #1 vote, holy moly). Also I'm pretty sure it's the only time since 1999.

Luckily we skip Oregon and have a weak-rear end OOC so maybe we can live up to the hype :ohdear:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Penn State has a new academic logo of a stunned, crying lion.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Thoguh posted:

Week One P5/Indy games...

BYU @ Nebraska

Nebraska hasn't lost a season opener since 1985, vs. Florida State in Lincoln (and has since only played three season openers away from Lincoln – two of which were neutral sites). Some predict that ends this year.

I dunno. I read BYU may have to start a true frosh at center because the veteran guy was suspended for the bowl brawl with Memphis, which means he'd be up against two very good interior linemen in Collins and Valentine.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Komet posted:

How does Notre Dame go from 8-5 to #4 in the country? They had no quality wins last year.

Notre Dame is bad and dumb.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

AsInHowe posted:

Penn State University.

For when you can't unsee unspeakable horrors.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

:lionstare:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

AsInHowe posted:

:(

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

Why is South Carolina obsessed with playing the state of North Carolina in football. Why is that the place you want to be? Are you guys gas poor or something? Schedule Michigan State or Penn State or Arizona or someone that isn't 3 hours away by rented mule.

I'm guessing it's primarily because North Carolina is a huge recruiting territory for us. Our athletic department also just seems to have a general interest in reviving old ACC matchups. I would love to see us mix it up and go cross-country every once in a while, but that just doesn't appear to be in the cards. I don't think it's unique to us; most SEC teams don't travel very far out of the region.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Man Dooley cratered Tennessee. Who the hell was the AD at Tennessee that hired Dooley anyway? I'm struggling to think of anyone that was as obviously unqualified as Dooley that's ever been hired at a major program. Maybe somebody like Tim Beckman or Turner Gill, but I don't know if Kansas or Illinois qualify as major programs. Maybe the Buffalo Bills hiring Chan Gailey?

UT got screwed on that pretty hard due to the timing of Kiffin's departure and had to scramble to get what they could. I don't fault them or Dooley all that much in that regard. Had they had a normal window to work with, they probably would have done better.

AsInHowe posted:

Someone put pedobear on that.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

It's dumb and ugly

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

AsInHowe posted:

Musta walked in on something that ruined his whole weekend

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

pillsburysoldier posted:

To be fair, that depth chart was made before he'd even taken a snap.

To be realistic, he is a bad QB who deserves to be far down most depth charts.

Also all of you people bitching about Notre Dame being too high in the dumb meaningless stupid pre-season polls for dummies are missing how much fun it will be to watch them tumble down through the season when they inevitably win 8 games again. If they were ranked 24th or whatever and then were just okay that would be boring. If they are ranked 4 it is hilarious.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Thoguh posted:

UNC vs. SCAR
Michigan @ Utah
TCU @ Minnesota
BYU @ Nebraska
Virginia @ UCLA
Arizona State vs. Texas A&M
Texas @ Notre Dame
Wisconsin vs. Alabama

That's actually not too bad of a lineup of games for the first week.

Is it college football season yet?

You forgot one :getin:

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Texas is going to beat notre dame, rice, cal, then lose in conf play. Like all of them

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Thoguh posted:

UNC vs. SCAR
Michigan @ Utah
TCU @ Minnesota
BYU @ Nebraska
Virginia @ UCLA
Texas @ Notre Dame
Wisconsin vs. Alabama

God I hope Minney can shock TCU. gently caress conference reputation, for TCU to stumble there after all the crowing about how they had that game-changing OOC game last year keeping them over Baylor would be the most :unsmigghh:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Frinkahedron posted:

You forgot one :getin:

I'm already in :bandwagon:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

MourningView posted:

I know :smith:

But we need him :smith:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

My man :hfive:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Thoguh posted:

UNC vs. SCAR
Michigan @ Utah
TCU @ Minnesota
BYU @ Nebraska
Virginia @ UCLA
Texas @ Notre Dame

Wisconsin vs. Alabama

Can they both lose?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MourningView posted:

Also all of you people bitching about Notre Dame being too high in the dumb meaningless stupid pre-season polls for dummies are missing how much fun it will be to watch them tumble down through the season when they inevitably win 8 games again. If they were ranked 24th or whatever and then were just okay that would be boring. If they are ranked 4 it is hilarious.

and they're gonna count bigtime on the early polls for whatever team inevitably shitkicks them down the chart

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
So Tony Sanchez' first recruit, Melvin Johnson, was that only player that failed to qualify academically and has this to say

quote:

"I'm going to play at a junior college, and hopefully I will get a scholarship better than UNLV. If not, I will go back to UNLV."

:wave:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

MourningView posted:

Plus its not even an actual poll that counts.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

KKKLIP ART posted:

:golfclap:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Sith Happens posted:

And now they've got new helmets:

https://twitter.com/AuburnPix/status/628971651099676672/photo/1

This means Auburn may not win a single game this season now. :ohdear:

Exactly the same but...shinier?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

KKKLIP ART posted:

You'd be crying too if you watched your best friend get skinned and decapitated.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

They showered without him.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

AsInHowe posted:

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

God I hope Minney can shock TCU. gently caress conference reputation, for TCU to stumble there after all the crowing about how they had that game-changing OOC game last year keeping them over Baylor would be the most :unsmigghh:

itd be good but then it'd reverse own us Ohio State style, where ohio state was a poo poo team that lost to a shittier team and still snuck into a national championship and stumbled to victory whereas baylor woudlve owned everyone, TCU would do the same thing despite Baylor defeating TCU 63-12 in forth worth

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Oh my god stop making me like you, Paul Johnson.

CPJ posted:

First day of full-pads practice. On (Stanford transfer) Patrick Skov: "He fell forward. It wasn't like it was Adrian Peterson reincarnated or something."

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
He's consistently great in interviews. I think he was once asked what it would take for one of his players to win the Heisman and he said "get the most votes."

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Got my Alabama - Wisconsin tickets in the mail today :getin:

now to not leave them on my desk in a month

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Slate Action posted:

He's consistently great in interviews. I think he was once asked what it would take for one of his players to win the Heisman and he said "get the most votes."

It's why I think Foster will be fun if nothing else as a head coach. I'm sure he learned enough under Frank to not make a total rear end of himself but he's a very different personality than Beamer who, even when totally healthy, was the personification of :effort:.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

Oh my god stop making me like you, Paul Johnson.

lmao Paul Johnson owns

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

That Works posted:

Someone put pedobear on that.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Majestic

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

anyone ever get the feeling mike leech and paul johnson are two separate halves of the same identity.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
N: Vols freshman DT Kahlil McKenzie's (#1) legs

V: :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

That looks strangely unhealthy

• Locked thread