Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Seriously. If your dudes are off raiding they're not taking in the harvest, and if they're not taking in the harvest you're going to loving starve to death.

On that note, yay, starvation death spiral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Cerebral Bore posted:

Seriously. If your dudes are off raiding they're not taking in the harvest, and if they're not taking in the harvest you're going to loving starve to death.

On that note, yay, starvation death spiral.

On that note, yay, 1600 food in the bank.

RAID THE BEAKER DUCKS AGAIN like are you kidding. Double Rainbow. Double. loving. Rainbow.

Do you know how stoked Orlanth is with us right now? Even a single rainbow gets everyone excited and dancing around.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The real reason not to raid during harvest is because it pisses the farmers off like nothing else. Weaponthane mood is easy to manage, farmer mood is much harder.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

The Saurus posted:

On that note, yay, 1600 food in the bank.

RAID THE BEAKER DUCKS AGAIN like are you kidding. Double Rainbow. Double. loving. Rainbow.

Do you know how stoked Orlanth is with us right now? Even a single rainbow gets everyone excited and dancing around.

Well, in my defense I didn't know that we had 1600 food in the bank. Alas, my dream of seeing starvation and death are foiled again.

But hell, Raid the Ducks. And take their land this time.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Trade.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
raid duck pleases everyone, so it might work out!

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010
Propitiate Malia.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Raid ducks all day every day

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Also agreeing to seize their land - in the first event it said "The weaponthanes and carls agree, it would be a fine thing to drive these creatures from their land and take it for yourselves" so let's do that! That land is also fertile as gently caress you can grow like a million cabbages and carrots, that's why the beaker ducks have so much food all the time.

e: the result for the arm wrasslin event isn't visible on the update in the last page. I wanna see what happen :(

The Saurus fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 5, 2015

SirDifferential
Sep 19, 2012
Duck hunt! They are now angry and weak. If we wait they'll be angry and strong.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Trade. Plenty of time for ducks later.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Saurus posted:

e: the result for the arm wrasslin event isn't visible on the update in the last page. I wanna see what happen :(

Good catch. I've fixed up the post as well

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

We should not have hosed with the ducks.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Aug 5, 2015

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

We've decided to go all the way and

The Saurus posted:

Things started out well.

We won the battle.

We thanked the gods.

We got some loot and morale.

We had a pretty good harvest

Some refugees came, and rather than bothering you lads with them, we adopted them. Just like our ancestors would have wanted.

We got a lotttt of magic out of it as well, and I was pretty hype about it.

Some more people came, and for sake of speeding up the LP, we accepted them as cottars.

And then...

Well...

We shouldn't have hosed with the ducks

So that happened.

So obviously we're pretty much hosed, and I choose to disband the clan rather than continue onwards..

Thus ends the tale of the House of Wu

:negative:

We should not have hosed with those ducks.

So Wutang Clan I put it to you:
Are you still interested in this LP?
Would you like me to start over?

Other than that. How is this LP as a whole? I could use some feedback regardless. It's my first time :ohdear:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
:unsmigghh:

Start over for Orlanth's sake, this is great stuff. Besides, getting stomped on is how you learn.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Start over. This is wonderful and great to read.

I promise you we won't gently caress you over this way this time. we will choose another

e: as far as LP criticism goes, the only suggestion I have is that you might want to use lpix, especially with the Rightload plugin for easy uploading.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Start this sucker over, always love a good KODP LP. Be great to see you evolve into understanding the game through the help of surly goons.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Start over, and if you want keep the current clan settings for convenience. Except maybe choose a different mortal enemy besides the beastmen.

There's absolutely no shame in losing like this-as a lot of other posters mentioned most KoDP players know what they're doing, and it's much more interesting to see a blind LP like this rather than another experienced player.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Start over.

(But I vote keep the name.)*

*Because I came up with it.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Start over as the Australi Clan, and DO NOT gently caress WITH THE DUCKS.

Infinitum posted:

Other than that. How is this LP as a whole? I could use some feedback regardless. It's my first time :ohdear:

You're doing fine. I mean, just look at the number of goons posting.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Start over

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Infinitum posted:

Thus ends the tale of the House of Wu

:negative:

We should not have hosed with those ducks.
Ah fukken told ya.

Infinitum posted:

So Wutang Clan I put it to you:
Are you still interested in this LP?
Would you like me to start over?

Restart, maybe speed it up by putting all the starting stuff up for vote at once since none of it affects the other.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Start over. I'm taking notes (well, not actually taking notes, but I'm taking in information) and this should be helpful once I really start playing myself.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
And that is what happens when you gently caress with the ducks. It's harder to see in this version but one of the ducks if delivering a really great flying kick in the final battle.

Start over and remember that this game has quite a bit of trial and error built in. It typically takes quite a few tries to get off the ground.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

I'm honestly impressed just how fast you managed to trigger the beastfolk invasion.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Yeah this is an excellent LP, I don't think we've reached the end of it being entertaining yet.

Does starting over mean playing this same clan again? I think making a new clan would be more interesting, if more work.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Well we definitely proved the thread title right :v:

I say we give it another go! Wutang clan may have been hosed wit, but maybe some other clan will have better luck.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
This was fun and you should start over. Choose a different ancestral enemy and be bros with the ducks.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

my dad posted:

Start over as the Australi Clan, and DO NOT gently caress WITH THE DUCKS.

Same settings except trolls as enemies

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Puistokemisti posted:

I'm honestly impressed just how fast you managed to trigger the beastfolk invasion.

Wow, yes. He didn't even get a warning did he?

Anyway, Start over man.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

If you don't want to make a new clan, you can restore a previous save in the saga. Can just go back to the very first sacred time.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Start over and just have us do the entirety of clan creation in one vote.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rawkking posted:

Yeah this is an excellent LP, I don't think we've reached the end of it being entertaining yet.

Does starting over mean playing this same clan again? I think making a new clan would be more interesting, if more work.

I can start over from the start of the current year 1332.

The absolute cherry on top is that when I did this Farnan died of old age.

I think a complete redo would be better. Thanks for the feedback lads. I really appreciate it, and it's good to know you guys are having a good time.

I'll start a new post in a few hours and we'll get this show on the road again. I wanna keep the 'Blind LP' aspect of it, as I think it's a good selling point for the thread.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Start over as the duck lover clan. :v:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Start Over.

I'm actually really surprised that the Beastmen came at you that hard that soon.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Start the gently caress over. Also,don't piss off the ducks.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Start over and this time, piss off the elves.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Taking suggestions for new thread title.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Zeroisanumber posted:

Start Over.

I'm actually really surprised that the Beastmen came at you that hard that soon.

I suspect after the initial raid the apocalypse warning event was queued up, but Orlanth was so excited to let us know how much he loved us it got suppressed. Then we raided them again before the event made it to the front of the queue, which pushed beastmen hate past warning into full-on apocalypse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Infinitum posted:

Taking suggestions for new thread title.

The King of Dragon Pass - What is your preferred method of duckfucking?

• Locked thread