Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the art's clean but it's too clean, in that it looks like it lacks grit or character, but also backgrounds feel like traced over 3d models and are similarly devoid of detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Midjack posted:

Would you like to see teenage Haman nonstop macking on Char? Me neither.

Well, it does explain her behavior towards Judau in ZZ. :v:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

Bernie/Chris

:smith:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

It's all right. They're in Gundam Valhalla, building 1/144 model kits. :)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Srice posted:

There's a spinoff chapter thing that reveals that the reason Marshmyre has a huge crush on Haman is because she once beat him in a video game, so it's alright with me.

i knew my love for Mashymre wasn't misplaced

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Has there ever been any side stories dealing with char between Z and CCA? I'm kind of surprised if there aren't any, seems like a good mine for storytelling.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
AMUROxFRAU BOW

DON'T STEP TO ME SONS

Lanz
May 30, 2013
[looks up Haman in CDA]

...I feel like I'm looking at a Quess palette swap.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Lanz posted:

[looks up Haman in CDA]

...I feel like I'm looking at a Quess palette swap.

Well, she was a young teenage newtype girl, so pretty much.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Midjack posted:

I would

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

muike posted:

AMUROxFRAU BOW

DON'T STEP TO ME SONS

:eyepop:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Amuro and Frau is how I thought it was gonna go and it ended going towards Amuro and Sayla which I thought was better because the idea of Amuro being in a relationship with Char's sister was pretty funny to me.

gently caress Hayato though

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Beef Chief posted:

Amuro and Frau is how I thought it was gonna go and it ended going towards Amuro and Sayla which I thought was better because the idea of Amuro being in a relationship with Char's sister was pretty funny to me.

I wanted Char to say something about that so bad, but Sayla's VA kept.......doing stuff and getting sick so the Amuro/Sayla stuff didn't stick.

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 5, 2015

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Midjack posted:

well my uc otp is char x garma so no

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Beef Chief posted:

I'm 90% sure Frau's having an affair with Amuro during Zeta.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Ernie Muppari posted:

well my uc otp is char x garma so no

This implies you have OTPs for other Gundam series/timelines.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Kamille x Domon OTP.

The manliest OTP.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

StrifeHira posted:

Kamille x Domon OTP.

The manliest OTP.

But Kamille is a girl's name. :confused:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Allenby Beardsley x Pala Sys

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dr Pepper posted:

I'm 90% sure Frau's having an affair with Amuro during Zeta.

I'm perfectly fine with that because I hate Hayato.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

Allenby Beardsley x Pala Sys

Tonya x Ennil.

Unlike most gay ships, it actually has support in the show they're in. :v:

Overall though, my faovirte ships are:

1. Setsuna x Exia.
2. Graham x Flag.
3. Barzam x Methuss or ReZEL.
4. Gaia x Ortega x Mash
5. M'quve x vase

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

But Kamille is a girl's name. :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iqaZoiL1as&t=10s

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

closeted republican posted:

Tonya x Ennil.

Unlike most gay ships, it actually has support in the show they're in. :v:

Overall though, my faovirte ships are:

1. Setsuna x Exia.
2. Graham x Flag.
3. Barzam x Methuss or ReZEL.
4. Gaia x Ortega x Mash
5. M'quve x vase

Man the only reason why Graham cared about the Flag is because HOWARDO MASONNNN had a huge boner for them for some reason, so Graham stuck to them in his memory until he had avenged Howard by killing a Gundam.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Kanos posted:

Man the only reason why Graham cared about the Flag is because HOWARDO MASONNNN had a huge boner for them for some reason, so Graham stuck to them in his memory until he had avenged Howard by killing a Gundam.

It's mentioned Graham pushed hard for the Flag before Howard croaked, so it's clear that it was his waifu from the very start.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

NikkolasKing posted:

This implies you have OTPs for other Gundam series/timelines.

doesn't everyone?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kanos posted:

Graham absolutely had a Flag fetish even before that. He invented the Graham Special after all.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Gundam 00 is Eureka Seven for inanimate objects; it shows that a man's romantic love for a giant robot can not only unite the world, it can also bring peace between humans and aliens, just like Eureka and Renton did.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Graham absolutely had a Flag fetish even before that. He invented the Graham Special after all.

Yeah but he dumped them like a sack of poo poo just like Setsuna dumped the Exia.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Kanos posted:

Yeah but he dumped them like a sack of poo poo just like Setsuna dumped the Exia.

he had a temporary breakup. The masuro looked like a flag and so does the sol brav. Really, both those suits were just flags with some Gn drives attached.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kanos posted:

Pretty much every machine he used had a Flag linage. The Susanowo even had a Flag beneath it.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Graham was pretty faithful but the Flag getting GN Implants probably helped.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Zechs and Noin is one of the few gundam pairings that both did not end tragically and had good characters.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

chumbler posted:

Zechs and Noin is one of the few gundam pairings that both did not end tragically and had good characters.

Actually you'll find that in Frozen Teardrops Noin's brother was assassinated pretending to be Zechs while Zechs had to abandon his family in order to help murder his sister!!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Actually you'll find that in Frozen Teardrops Noin's brother was assassinated pretending to be Zechs while Zechs had to abandon his family in order to help murder his sister!!

The only tragedy in Frozen Teardrop is that it hasn't been animated yet.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
It's still my headcanon that the Wing cast goes crazy in Frozen Teardrop due to MARS RAYS.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

It's still my headcanon that the Wing cast goes crazy in Frozen Teardrop due to MARS RAYS.

You'll find the actual answer is because of nanomachines.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Garrod and Tifa are doing all right.

Mostly because X wasn't popular enough to get a sequel that screwed everything up.

Well I mean it did, but it was a sidestory that focused on an entirely new cast of nutjobs.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

W.T. Fits posted:

"goes" crazy? They were already there long ago.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I liked the revelation that the start of Wing happened because five mad scientists came up with a half-assed last second plan of sending teenagers to Earth in robots to blow up poo poo. It explains why they accomplish nothing.

Then 00 took that concept and made it more serious. Then again, that's something I was never sure of. Was the dude behind Celestial Being supposed to be good? Evil? Neutral? Absolutely insane?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Beef Chief posted:

Amuro made the right choice IMO

• Locked thread