Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Monkey Fracas posted:

Maybe he really likes the tinny voice clips?

EDIT:

lmao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj0ubNAkkco

Jesus CHRIST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Not a Children posted:

GBA voice clips and Nintendo's insistence on their use was one of the worst tragedies of the mid-aughts

Fuckin' ruined LttP and Yoshi's Island

The worst thing for me was so many games using that, dunno what to call it... prerendered? look like in Mario Vs Donkey Kong. Looked like poo poo, man.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Monkey Fracas posted:

EDIT:

lmao

thanks for playing my 4kids rom hack

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i like the voice clips. the voice clip GBA games were the first time i played through stuff like LTTP and SMB2, and even Yoshi's Island. I played the originals when I was a little kid at my friend's house but I never owned the games and we were too bad at video games to beat them.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Monkey Fracas posted:

EDIT:

lmao

Eternal Darkness had some really terrifying sanity effects.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Nintendo finally gives people voice acting.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Rexroom posted:

Why would it be disc only?

I didn't think NOA would even go so far as to put it on the eShop, I dunno. I hadn't heard otherwise, and if it was going to be disc only I'd likely have to preorder it or something because it'd be a limited run?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Made it better?

The stage sets look of the original was really charming, so while All Stars is better looking on a technical level it does lose several of those theatrical elements, hth

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rexroom posted:

So as not to anger Game Stop. You know how expensive it is to open brand new copies of Xenoblade and sell them off as used. :v:

I am seriously expecting it won't happen because of this, but hopefully I am dead wrong. If it shows up on American eShop I would think it would be this Sunday. Xenoblade on Wii U also works with the gamepad.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Monkey Fracas posted:

The worst thing for me was so many games using that, dunno what to call it... prerendered? look like in Mario Vs Donkey Kong. Looked like poo poo, man.

Yeah, whatever that GBA-era visual effect was also causes those games to display pretty poorly when scaled up in emulators; Mario Golf Advance and Golden Sun are two others that don't hold up well these days, compared to something like Super Mario World (SNES) that still looks pretty great at 4x its original resolution with the right filter applied.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I really hope Xenoblade makes it to the NA eShop, I would buy it again just to play on the gamepad.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

was that miku x splatoon a couple pages ago i saw

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

FPzero posted:

I really hope Xenoblade makes it to the NA eShop, I would buy it again just to play on the gamepad.

Wouldn't you be forced to use a Wii remote/nunchuck or Wii Pro controller? Last time I replayed the game it was the Wii disc in the WiiU and I had to use the traditional controller but wouldn't Wii games on the eShop just default to Wii mode anyway?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Rexroom posted:

Behold, a new trailer for The Devil's Third. It's not as poo poo as the previous one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCWQXxqbIbA

I would like to see this game be good but I can't muster up the hope for it.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Wouldn't you be forced to use a Wii remote/nunchuck or Wii Pro controller? Last time I replayed the game it was the Wii disc in the WiiU and I had to use the traditional controller but wouldn't Wii games on the eShop just default to Wii mode anyway?
If the game supports the Wii classic controller then the gamepad can be used as a controller, but only then. So you could play with the gamepad as the controller (but no Wii U pro controller). I don't think any of these Wii classic controller games have come to NA yet, but they have to other regions.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

epitasis posted:

was that miku x splatoon a couple pages ago i saw

It was squid girl

Squid girl costumes are coming to Splatoon

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

elf help book posted:

It was squid girl

Squid girl costumes are coming to Splatoon
Are we getting it. though?

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

homeless snail posted:

Are we getting it. though?

Yep. Nintendo's twitter confirms it.

Smash Daisaku posted:

Dunno if this was caught, but it's official.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Suspicious Cook posted:

I would like to see this game be good but I can't muster up the hope for it.

I expect it to be terrible.

But I hope it's terrible in the vein of something like Disaster Day of Crisis or 50 Cent Blood on the Sand. Not worth the $60, but you know, when it's $10 in a bargain bin somewhere, you can pick it up and have a good laugh at it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats squid girl

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

epitasis posted:

whats squid girl

:yikes:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

When you guys were talking Fortune Street a few days ago, was that because it's coming to the eShop or something, or just an aside?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

epitasis posted:

whats squid girl

It's good.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
She's a girl, who's a squid, and a kid.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i didn't realize what everyone was talking about until my gaijin alarm went off. "squid girl" :eyeroll:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

oddium posted:

i didn't realize what everyone was talking about until my gaijin alarm went off. "squid girl" :eyeroll:

I didnt say ika chan cuz thats a 3ds game as well

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

epitasis posted:

whats squid girl
<--

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I only know like three animes and two resu promotions and one vocaloid so idk about squid girl sorry

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

epitasis posted:

I only know like three animes and two resu promotions and one vocaloid so idk about squid girl sorry

hosed up.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

i am the great mighty wart ah ha ha

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
could be worse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2YrwVul9MM

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

i am the great mighty wart ah ha ha

Don't sign your posts.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Fix posted:

When you guys were talking Fortune Street a few days ago, was that because it's coming to the eShop or something, or just an aside?

I had a look online to check. I found this.

http://kotaku.com/5865181/should-you-buy-fortune-street-no

I'd do the opposite of what Kotaku suggests and just buy a copy now. The multiplayer is really well thought out, since you have the choice of each player using their own Wii remote or just passing one round, and you can let an AI take over if you need to go to the bathroom.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fortune Street is good and if the AC board game is anything like it then all is forgiven.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Yeah, I grabbed one while I was out today. It's been one of those that I've picked up and put back on the rack a dozen or so times by now, but what the hell.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

what if i told you

it's the same as the all stars one

They're not

Super Mario Bros 2
Had Ace Coins to collect in each level
Giant vegetables, enemies, and POW Blocks
New Boss Robirdo
New Game Plus Yoshi's Challenge (I think it was a call back to BS Super Mario USA because some of the eggs were hidden in the same spots as the Gold Mario Statue.)

Super Mario World
Some added cutscenes
You can change between Mario and Luigi at any time
You got Peach Coins when you collect all the Drangon coins.
Luigi followed what he did in SMAS+SMW but more so with :
Luigi jumps higher but fell slower like SMB2 ,
sufferers from worse traction,
slower than Mario.
when flying with the cape Cape, he doesn't fly as fast as Mario, but he flies slightly higher than him,
fireballs bounce higher than Mario's,
Luigi rides Yoshi, he does not instantly swallow any enemy. Instead, Yoshi can spit them out and use them to attack other enemies
if Luigi hits a Coin Block, all of the coins inside it will spill out of the block at once instead of collecting them one by one.

Yoshi's Island (replacing Super Mario Lost Levels spot)
6 extra levels and used Yoshi Story voice clips for Yoshi and Shy Guys.

Super Mario Bros. 3
Can play as Mario and Luigi at the same time.
e Reader Cards (basically DLC) that added:
e World Levels that had assets from the other 3 Advance and Super Mario Bros game.
Advance and e Reader coins
Cape Feather from SMW, Luigi's jump and vegetables from SMB2 in main game. (there was more but they only came out in Japan due to poor e Reader sales)
here is some gameplay of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TORb2gRHTNE

And they all came with Mario Bros (replacing Super Mario Bros)
Looks and plays better, and has the Power Squat Jumping, Spinies replace Shellcreepers, 1 cart 2-4 Player mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9jPbF_NDXA

They were the best GBA voices especially Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Peach. I think most of the Nintendo GBA remakes used voices except Kirby Nightmare In Dream Land.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

epitasis posted:

whats squid girl

You gotta be squidding me

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

You gotta be squidding me
This is hosed up de geso

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ok now im caught up on this thread and can say what the gently caress reggie give me xenoblade on the eshop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
just play it through the wii poo poo

• Locked thread