Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Those things are supposed to be $15-20, so if you don't actually play the game, that's pretty steep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Oh poo poo!

Jesus Christ Monkey Balls. I'm gonna need like 3 of those regardless of price. Also the doctor who sets and wall-e, looks like ramen for a while.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Oh man. This will be one expensive as hell game.
I hope they don't go the Englanders way with you needing to buy a new portal with each year's new game.
Plus any word on a PC Version?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Made my own little 90's space shooter ship last night after the Vic Viper talk a while back. I'm going to redo a bunch of stuff on it (I really need more parts) but I like how it's coming out so far. Looks like it could blast some aliens imho.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
No joke that the Mystery Machine is sold out everywhere. Three Wal-Marts, a TRU, and a Target later and I still can't find it.

On the upside I got the Haunted Lighthouse and it's a fantastic set!... but my box didn't come with the sticker sheet. Hopefully Pick-a-Brick can replace that for me.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

NESguerilla posted:

Made my own little 90's space shooter ship last night after the Vic Viper talk a while back. I'm going to redo a bunch of stuff on it (I really need more parts) but I like how it's coming out so far. Looks like it could blast some aliens imho.

Looks good to me, too. More pics?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Zodack posted:

No joke that the Mystery Machine is sold out everywhere. Three Wal-Marts, a TRU, and a Target later and I still can't find it.

Don't sweat it, in a few months the second wave will come through and they'll be rotting on the shelves.

I mean yeah it sucks if you want it this instant but a little patience helps.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

xzzy posted:

I mean yeah it sucks if you want it this instant but a little patience helps.

I move to Atlanta in a week and start grad school shortly thereafter. I was hoping to get the set at locations I was familiar with as opposed to having to brave the urban jungle or whatever.

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.

Hopper posted:

Oh man. This will be one expensive as hell game.
Plus any word on a PC Version?

It seems like they aren't doing one, which is ridiculous. Every other LEGO game has come out on every platform, except mysteriously the one that will be a huge money maker?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Pirate Ken posted:

It seems like they aren't doing one, which is ridiculous. Every other LEGO game has come out on every platform, except mysteriously the one that will be a huge money maker?

Actually, no, it would be really dangerous, since presumably people could tear apart the code and unlock stuff without buying the packs.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Okay, so is there any reports yet of the difference between the xbox360 and new gen versions? I don't own a PS4 yet and I don't really want to buy one just for this game. Even if it may well be tje lego fame to end all lego games.
100€ is steep as hell for the starter set and the must have dr who, GB, and Bttf Sets will cost another 150 easily. I would like to avoid having to spend 300 on a PS4

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Hopper posted:

Okay, so is there any reports yet of the difference between the xbox360 and new gen versions? I don't own a PS4 yet and I don't really want to buy one just for this game. Even if it may well be tje lego fame to end all lego games.
100€ is steep as hell for the starter set and the must have dr who, GB, and Bttf Sets will cost another 150 easily. I would like to avoid having to spend 300 on a PS4

Just better graphics I think, which IMO doesn't really matter with a Lego game, the gameplay and story will be the same.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

MaliciousOnion posted:

Looks good to me, too. More pics?

Thanks! It's in pieces now and I'm re designing a bunch of stuff but I'll post some nice pics when it's done.

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.

Alabaster White posted:

Actually, no, it would be really dangerous, since presumably people could tear apart the code and unlock stuff without buying the packs.

Ahh that's a good point. I think that happened with Skylanders on pc.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
[Heavy Breathing] ... https://instagram.com/p/6C_75gqyWb

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Need to sell some duplicates. Anyone interested in these three sets? Preferably together?

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

djfooboo posted:

Need to sell some duplicates. Anyone interested in these three sets? Preferably together?

I am super interested in the two modulars, I sent you a PM.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

It's vacation time and I managed to put something together again! The Killer Whale:

I was originally thinking of doing some sort of similar-looking maintenance vehicle because I wanted to do a land vehicle and use treads. But then I saw the new Mad Max and I thought "What would the apocalypse be like in The Carribean or some island in The Pacific?" So instead I made this armoured and armed scavenger vehicle with a vaguely ship-/submarine-/whale-like appearance (I just realized now maybe it's even amphibious, I dunno?). I'm not happy with all the details and I got some modifications I need to do but I like the overall shape. I also want to make some kind of abandoned jungle outpost for them to scavenge.

It has got:

A big-rear end sound system

A big-rear end engine

A cargo hold

A crew. In the middle is One-eyed Charlie, the mechanically gifted sniper, and Captain Landlubber. Flanking them is a Berserker Bitch and a Pyromaniac (Putting these together was the most fun part of the build).

http://imgur.com/a/XMEln

Edit: Also that looked really good, NESguerilla. Interesting angle on the wings.

Captain Scandinaiva fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 6, 2015

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

djfooboo posted:

Would you want to trade a B-Wing for the Fire House?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

djfooboo posted:

How much for just the Robie house?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

How much for just the Robie house?

$250? Comes with nice manual and box (if you want it).

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Just built this. It's a laser pistol from Nuclear Throne. I've taken a couple of artistic liberties and it still needs a lot of work where the handle meets everything else but I'm pretty proud of it and it's got the most SNOT out of anything I've ever built.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Fayez Butts posted:

Just built this. It's a laser pistol from Nuclear Throne. I've taken a couple of artistic liberties and it still needs a lot of work where the handle meets everything else but I'm pretty proud of it and it's got the most SNOT out of anything I've ever built.

I'm interested in how you connected the handle, any pics?

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

A buddy of mine just finished this color pencil sketch and I'm highly thinking this should be turned into a tattoo at some point.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Rythe posted:

A buddy of mine just finished this color pencil sketch and I'm highly thinking this should be turned into a tattoo at some point.

That's awesome!

anotherblownsave posted:

I'm interested in how you connected the handle, any pics?

This should help. It's pretty simple and I figure it'd be pretty swooshable. Tell me if you make it!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Does anyone know of something you could paint Lego with that would stick but could be peeled/washed off? I'm thinking Acrylic paint might be good (not model paint but the kind used for art projects)

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

NESguerilla posted:

Does anyone know of something you could paint Lego with that would stick but could be peeled/washed off? I'm thinking Acrylic paint might be good (not model paint but the kind used for art projects)

I was a stupid gently caress-up about fifteen years ago and used a lot of acrylic art paint on my Lego blocks. It's still on there, looks the same, and any time I need a piece I just peel the paint off and shake my head at how bad a job I did as a kid.

Which is to say, yeah, acrylic is what you want.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

^^^^Excellent. I want to do some small detail work on this and throw some number decals etc on it, but those big brown pieces don't seem very common, so I don't want anything permanent for when it gets pulled apart .

I redid a bunch of stuff on the ship I've been working on. Pretty happy with how it's coming out. I think it's looking pretty robotech at this point haha.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Fayez Butts posted:

That's awesome!

This should help. It's pretty simple and I figure it'd be pretty swooshable. Tell me if you make it!

Perfect thank you! I'll try my hand at making it this week

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Lego Dimensions looks cool as hell but I still need to buy the Ferrari and Kwik E Mart so oh well.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Your ship matches your tattoo.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

So Legends of Chima is being retired this year and being replaced by a line called Nexo Knights, which are a mix of knights and steampunk. GET IN. :hist101:

70130 Knighton Disc Launchers
70311 Chaos Catapult
70313 Moltor's Lava Launcher
70312 Lance's Robo Horse (heeere we go..)
70315 Clay's Blade Cruiser
70316 Jestro's Companions of Darkness

70330 Ultimate Clay - assuming these are figure packs, all are EUR 9.99
70331 Ultimate Macy
70332 Ultimate Aaron
70333 Ultimate Robin
70334 Ultimate Monster Masher
70335 Ultimate Lavaria

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

That could very well be cool as hell. China had a lot of cool sets so hopefully this sorta follows that tradition.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Oh man, this has the potential to be loving amazing. I hope they don't screw it up. I have been waiting so long for something cool to happen with castle, last round was kind of a dud.

(Thankfully, we're planning on moving into a bigger place by 2016, so we will have some place to store and display all of the new legos I'll probably be buying.)

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

The_Doctor posted:

So Legends of Chima is being retired this year and being replaced by a line called Nexo Knights, which are a mix of knights and steampunk. GET IN. :hist101:

70130 Knighton Disc Launchers
70311 Chaos Catapult
70313 Moltor's Lava Launcher
70312 Lance's Robo Horse (heeere we go..)
70315 Clay's Blade Cruiser
70316 Jestro's Companions of Darkness

70330 Ultimate Clay - assuming these are figure packs, all are EUR 9.99
70331 Ultimate Macy
70332 Ultimate Aaron
70333 Ultimate Robin
70334 Ultimate Monster Masher
70335 Ultimate Lavaria

I'm just hoping these are minifigure-scale things only and nothing like the old Knights' Kingdom. The whole "Ultimate <name>" things scare me a bit.

I'm also disappointed, two of the three stores in my region are out of the Pirate freebie, and I have no time to run down to the one south of Seattle. I was picking up Scooby sets (other than the Mystery Machine, obviously) and kinda wanted it (even though the shark isn't even "Classic").

featurecreep fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Aug 8, 2015

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

The Mystery Machine is really nice. I was a bit worried about the stickers, but I don't think I needed to be. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot, but they're all on pretty easy pieces to stick them on. It looks really good.

Also I guess Scooby's face is supposed to be double sided so he can either be scared or normal, but if you get a good full on angle he looks completely demented.

fake edit: oh, apparently a couple of stores in Hungary started selling Wall-E early.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Any word on what Wall-E will cost?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

NESguerilla posted:

Any word on what Wall-E will cost?

$49.99

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Seems kind of steep for the size. Still buying though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheezer
Apr 4, 2011

NESguerilla posted:

A few pointers.

Acrylic paints are nice on plastics. Vallejo makes good paints, and although you said no model paint, I can't imagine why their (slightly cheaper) game series wouldn't fit your use perfectly.

Apply a primer. Prefer matt spray, white for light end result, black for anything else. Use thin coats, two should suffice. Then thin your paints with water and again paint with thin layers. This will allow you to paint while leaving small details such as the "lego" molded on studs to remain visible. Without a primer you'll notice your thinned paints won't stick nicely and you would have to apply an unappealing thick coat.

After the paint dries you might consider semi-matt clear coat for finishing any play models or just leave it without for display sets which you won't frequently pull apart.

Try and use a number 1 or 2 natural hair brush for good control. It might cost a few dollars more than a synthetic but hey, you wanted art project quality.