Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Yaos posted:

Google's P/E ratio is over twice that of Apple, which means investors think Google has a better future for growth than Apple. The biggest growth potential are the self driving car programs. Apple is certainly working on an SDC, but they started way after Google and don't have any self driving cars on the road. If Google can get a stranglehold on the SDC transportation market, then Apple is screwed when they try to sell their million dollar SDC rather than implementing it like a taxi or mass transit.

All the traditional car makers are completely hosed no matter what because they don't have the slightest clue how to do anything with software and they have no intention of learning. The first SDC off the line at Ford will find the nearest cliff and drive off of it, even if that cliff is hundreds of miles away. They'll forget to have a way to track the car, so they'll have to send out a tweet asking if anybody has seen it.

Scroogled again.

nice c/p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Thanks Ants posted:

tbf to google the ethernet adaptor is actually quite a nice design. if it was sarnsung it would just be hanging out the usb port and you'd have to choose between powering it or using ethernet until someone on ebay started selling a third party cable to do both.

It's not too bad, the delivery box is like three times the size of the device and software wise Google appears to be copying Microsoft:

Ooh look an update to the Chromecast app, ...

Erm.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Yaos posted:

The first SDC off the line at Ford will find the nearest cliff and drive off of it, even if that cliff is hundreds of miles away.

tbf driving off the nearest cliff is probably the safest thing a Ford SDC could do

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
the stock market is total insanity and all the people clamoring for indefinite exponential growth need to hang themselves

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

i hate software with "personality!"

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

fleshweasel posted:

the stock market is total insanity and all the people clamoring for indefinite exponential growth need to hang themselves

face yourself to market correction

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Sniep posted:

i hate software with "personality!"

windows10bsod.png

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

fleshweasel posted:

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

FMguru posted:

:rip: rotor

too beautiful for this gay forum

what happened to rotor?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Dodoman posted:

what happened to rotor?

he went to the z0rlysian fields :rip:

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

bloomberg did a feature of how google is getting hosed by the EU

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2015-08-06/google-s-6-billion-miscalculation-on-the-eu

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Although she uses Google frequently, Vestager says it doesn’t cloud her view of the case. “Congratulations for being big, but don’t misuse it. For Europeans, this is very fundamental,” she says.

That might be the scariest thing of all for Google. It isn’t dealing with an antitech ideologue or a competition czar consumed with cementing a personal legacy. It faces a straightforward prosecutor in a hostile political climate dominated by powerful local business interests with their own regulatory agendas. Good luck to Google searching for a way out of that.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

fyi vestager is hella into big business and has been for her entire political career.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

hmm i see, so google is not getting hosed at all.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

why did the goog price spike in hjuly

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I wish the EU best of luck in mandating terrible search results. it will definitely help their thriving economy

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Snapchat A Titty posted:

et in z0rcadia ego

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

tumor looking batty posted:

why did the goog price spike in hjuly

Google announced better than expected earnings.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

quote:

In Spain, Google has been forced to shut down Google News over copyright issues.
Let's see how that went for Spain.
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/07/new-study-shows-spains-google-tax-has-been-a-disaster-for-publishers/

quote:

New study shows Spain’s “Google tax” has been a disaster for publishers
Traffic to small publishers dropped 14, and some local news apps shut down.

What a lovely article. I assume Microsoft paid this idiot to write the article, or he's an angry Apple fan.

Edit: God damnit, I meant to edit my last post. Nobody screwed up this badly since Spain made it illegal to aggregate news headlines and provide free advertising to news outlets.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Snapchat A Titty posted:

that's a weird thing to call a social network but whatev

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
gently caress Pittsburgh

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Yaos posted:

Let's see how that went for Spain.
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/07/new-study-shows-spains-google-tax-has-been-a-disaster-for-publishers/

What a lovely article. I assume Microsoft paid this idiot to write the article, or he's an angry Apple fan.

Edit: God damnit, I meant to edit my last post. Nobody screwed up this badly since Spain made it illegal to aggregate news headlines and provide free advertising to news outlets.

lol

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

this is some seriously infomercial-tier poo poo. the way everyone feigns difficulty using cash or card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxet1VdpOQ4

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i just tap my visa on the terminal and i'm done. i'll use my phone to do the same eventually maybe but only when visa rolls an app because i get cashback from visa

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
my credit unions supports apple pay now but just for debit cards

i think it's because they won't have chipped cards until the fall

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
THERE HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

PleasureKevin posted:

this is some seriously infomercial-tier poo poo. the way everyone feigns difficulty using cash or card.

lmao women!!

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth

ş̡̨̛̛̯̟̺͇̝͓̯͎̜͖̗͇͕̪͎̯̮̥̰̟̥̺͍̜̳̹͔̙̤̬̜̔̋̉̇̊̄͑̂̿̿́̋̀̓͋́́̈́̾́̓̋̅̀̂́̐̈́͘͘̚͜͝c̡̡̢̤̠̩̥̣̮̭̼̪͇͓̩͍̬͉͚̙͓̖̪̩͙͚̦̹͖͍̤̥͚̏͆̿͑̑͑͋͊̓̈́̎̂̾̊́̅̅͂̃̉͌̾͒̀͌̂́̚̚͝͝͝͝ͅr̢̨̡̛̫͖̖̟̮̙̬͇̰̝͇̹͇͙̟͖̗͈̪̗͔̼̲̹͍̱̺͖͇̪̩̅͋̐̓͂̅̏͐́͌́̉̑͐͛͑̓͐̑͗̀̌͋͛͌̉̆̒̆̀́̂̕̚͘͘͠͝͝ͅơ̡̛̗͚͈͍̟̭͕͖̰̙͙̠̭̖̮̥̲̭̘̞̟̥̥̣̺̻͎̩̻͇̩͇̭͎̏̈́̅̔͒̄̐̀̈́̃̈́͒̂̃͂̉̒͗̈́͐̔̓̋͑̀̾̀̆͆̈͌́̔̀̃̋̕ǫ̨̧̢̛͔̟͍̞̱̲̯͉̖͙̖̻̝̰͓̰̤͇͖̘̳̦͕̜͓͖̲̳̖̙̝͈̪̼̜̒͋͒͊̀͗̿̒̈́͐̐̈́͐͂̈̆͌͛̅͌̈͊̏̃̈́͛̋́̀̌̓͘̚͜͝ĝ̡̢̨̧̹̻̘͈͎̱̹̞̻̯̲͇͕̳͉͓̗̬͔͚̮͕̗͈͇̪͎͔̖̼̪̘̻̅̈́͛̑̓̈́̔̌̓̓͂͒͗͋̋̽́̀̋̍̽̋̍̑̋͛̊̽͆̉͛̎͘̚̚͝͝͠ͅļ̧̢̖̪̗͎̰͕̣̞̦̼̦̫̙̩̮̲͍̠̣͈̳̟̲̝̰͙̳̝̏̅͌̑̀̔̍̆̋̇̇̑͑̃̈́̐͛̌̌̓͌̅͌̊͐̐̓̀̂͑̎̀̕̚̚̕̕͘͜͜͝͠ȩ̧̧̧̧̛̛̙͙̺̘̜̮̖̞̗̮̦͖̥̯̩͔̘̙̖̦̬̖̺̯͍͖̗̖̘̥̹͋̎̄͐͊̂̍̂̀̅̽̀̔͗̆͊̆̒͌̽̍͗̒́̊̂̀̌̐͑͆̐̚͜͝͝͝͝ͅḑ̡̛̬̥̮̳͇̥̞͓̼̫̹̙̟̻͍͉͉̹̜͔̟̦̩̦͓͇̺̬͍̯̱͖͊̇̆͑̃̉̓̄́͋͛͌͆̀̏̈̔̈̌̽͂͊̔̀́̿̅́͐͘̕̕̕͜͠͠ ̧̨̛̱̤̬̣̭̼̺̩̪̭͖͓͕̲͙͚͇̟̯̩̳̱̳͕͉͓̗̬̩͕̳̲̦̼̓̄̇̔̔́̈̎̌̌̉̈̊̎̋͒̔͒̌̀̇̔́̿̄̈́̂́̄̾̕͘͜͝͝͝ͅa̡̨͙̤̞̩͓̱͕̥̖̬̠͍̣͎̼͚̦̼̹̳̣̦̰̱͈̠̬̤̤̲̜̺̣̙͖̲̦͌͑̀̋̅̂̿̿̇̈̔̐̎̉̑̅͒͗̊̇̈́͑́́̇̌̒̃̚̚͘̚͘̚̚̚͝ģ̢̧̡͓̝̪̝̪̼͓̩̩̲̻̩̫̬͓̪̲͚̱̭͕̘͓̩̼͖̤̟͓̻̠̜͎͍͇̬͊̃͌͋͊́͆̏̇̀̇͗͐́̎͗̔̀̓͆̅̂̈́́̄̏͗̐̓̏̽͊̍͋͌͝͠͠ą̨̧̧̛̛̛͍̫̰̩̺̺̘̩̭̠͈̪͍̝̙̠͎̲̲̭̮̤̫͔͍̫̫͈͙͍̫̳͛̔͐̏̂́̇̍̑̀̔̀̃̂͑̇͊̏̿̎̅͆͆̽͐̈́̿̽͂̾̓̈̇̕͜͝͝ͅͅį̨͙̥̱͔̪͇̳̯͖̦̬̤̬̠̪̙͈̩͎̭̹̩͎͎̩̖͖̗̰̜̤̩͓̙͔̲̆̈́̏̾̄̏͌̆͐̒̾̌͂͗̔͆̀͌̔́̈̓̒̂̒̃̊͐͘͘͜͝͝͝͠͝ͅņ̡̳̙̞̹̭͍̠̲̜̹̙̞̤̳̘̰̠̫͍̥̖̪̩͔̙̪̹̺͉͙͙̾̄̊̔̓͛̇͂̆́̓̋̋̇̌̋̍͛̑̃͑̏̍͌́̐̍͐̍͐̕͘͜͝͝

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

PleasureKevin posted:

watched 4 seconds, closed the tab.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

waht

this is more a process of elimination for me.

"well, it clearly can't be that. is a van a commercial truck? is that a van?"

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth
*clicks the motorcycle* vroom vroom!

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Wheany posted:

waht

this is more a process of elimination for me.

"well, it clearly can't be that. is a van a commercial truck? is that a van?"

the next version of deep dream is going to be..... boring as gently caress.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

computer parts posted:

my credit unions supports apple pay now but just for debit cards

i think it's because they won't have chipped cards until the fall

odd my cu allows apple pay now and we are switching credit cards next month. to master card. rip visa.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Yaos posted:

Google announced better than expected earnings.

they also got a new CFO from Morgan Stanley whom Wall Street likes [finance goons] [stock goons] [investing goons]

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

My credit card has an NFC chip on it but it doesn't do anything. I bet it's fake.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

"I'd like to pay with Google"

lmaooooooooo if google thinks this is a thing real people are gonna say

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
will google pay have all the payment protections and bonuses that my visa has?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the scary part is the cashier knowing her name

because that's actually how it works, google detects that you're in the store and passes the info to the store

in the beta of this, i think you went to the counter and told them your first and last initials. someone dumb in this very forum said that seemed secure because hey it's 26 to the power of two, what are the chances a starbucks will have two people with the same initials!? not only is it VERY LIKELY, but some names are more popular than others, so JS and AJ will be pretty popular ( jon, jessica, james, jennifer, jordan, james + smith)

but this commercial thing doesn't even show that, which, if it's actually how it still works, is pretty unfair since they spend so long showing ridiculous cash and card mishaps then skips steps in the solution.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

the scary part is the cashier knowing her name

because that's actually how it works, google detects that you're in the store and passes the info to the store

in the beta of this, i think you went to the counter and told them your first and last initials. someone dumb in this very forum said that seemed secure because hey it's 26 to the power of two, what are the chances a starbucks will have two people with the same initials!? not only is it VERY LIKELY, but some names are more popular than others, so JS and AJ will be pretty popular ( jon, jessica, james, jennifer, jordan, james + smith)

but this commercial thing doesn't even show that, which, if it's actually how it still works, is pretty unfair since they spend so long showing ridiculous cash and card mishaps then skips steps in the solution.

its literally how squareup works and they prolly (idk) hired they ppl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
also i didnt read your post i skimmed it and saw some mentally ill rambling about names and heh (ahem) clicked the mental X

• Locked thread