Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Thump! posted:

It may be a bit over the line, but drat would it be on point. Bush and his cabinet directly caused that conflict and that loss of life, and Jeb! having the same people on board would lead to another drat disaster like that.

It should be the DNC's primary argument against Jeb! honestly.

Well, just be being in this thread, we're probably all political nerds. If you told the average voter, say, "President Jeb means Secretary of Defense Wolfowitz", would they find meaning in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

William Bear posted:

Well, just be being in this thread, we're probably all political nerds. If you told the average voter, say, "President Jeb means Secretary of Defense Wolfowitz", would they find meaning in it?
"President Jeb means Special Advisor to the President Cheney"

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Three Olives posted:

Maybe this is just my completely off-base biased opinion but is anyone else a little shocked at how incompetent Jeb! looks? I figured he would just have a lot of GWB baggage and that would be his major problem but that seems to have completely taken a backburner to him just making a poo poo ton of major unforced errors without being baited into GWB stuff.
What still kills me the most is that he didn't have a solid answer for Iraq.

How on earth did he think that he could run for President as a Bush and not be asked about the country his brother broke? Especially since his foreign policy guys are the same guys who got us to invade Iraq in the first place.

And he didn't even get grilled on specifics, he whiffed on an easy hypothetical softball question.

Lord of Pie posted:

Dubya was the smart one, who Sedanchair knew
Apparently so, given that Jeb has hit at least 5 more huge landmines he should have known to avoid.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

William Bear posted:

Nah, they wouldn't. Luckily, I think it's easy enough to infer to people that the last two times we had a Bush in office we ended up shooting at Iraqis, and the second time was pretty drat lovely. Who knows what the third time will bring.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lord of Pie posted:

Dubya was the smart one, who knew

Being the smartest Bush is like being the worlds tallest midget.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Three Olives posted:

Maybe this is just my completely off-base biased opinion but is anyone else a little shocked at how incompetent Jeb! looks? I figured he would just have a lot of GWB baggage and that would be his major problem but that seems to have completely taken a backburner to him just making a poo poo ton of major unforced errors without being baited into GWB stuff.

This, but for Hillary. The two dynasty candidates got no drive to win.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

William Bear posted:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Venom Snake posted:

Being the smartest Bush is like being the worlds tallest midget.

The father was actually pretty smart so I can only assume Barbara Bush is a moron and passed on her retard genes.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 22, 2016

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

holy poo poo :captainpop:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

whooooa

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

I'd say Barbara was the smartest one of the whole bunch because she was the only one to state the obvious, "We don't need another Bush president."

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

uhhhhhhhh :magical:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

:vince:

Holy poo poo dude.

edit: Don't get me wrong, I approve. But still, holy poo poo.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

:gowron:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

:boom:

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
You guys should worry less about how Hillary can hit Jeb! over Iraq and more about how Trump is going to do it first, and then turn it on Hillary too in the general election.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Resolution

Can't wait for Trump to call her an idiot war monger or an idiot rube and say "you voted for it!" (in the exact same manner in which he says "you're fired!") over and over while she's trying to respond.

Chris Christie fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Aug 6, 2015

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

what

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Chris Christie posted:

You guys should worry less about how Hillary can hit Jeb! over Iraq and more about how Trump is going to do it first, and then turn it on Hillary too in the general election.

Can't wait for Trump to call her an idiot war monger or an idiot rube and say "you voted for it" over and over while she's trying to respond.

This would literally rule. Holy poo poo I would love that so much. Luckily, Sanders will be the nominee.

e: I don't get the gold star post.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I really wish I could find a print-scale version of the original poster.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

US families with members in the military have those flags with a blue star for each serving, but if the star is gold it means they're a casualty iirc.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

William Bear posted:

Thump! posted:

Nah, they wouldn't. Luckily, I think it's easy enough to infer to people that the last two times we had a Bush in office we ended up shooting at Iraqis, and the second time was pretty drat lovely. Who knows what the third time will bring.
Well it's easy to remind people, just play the audio of Wolfowitz saying "going to greet us as liberators" in an ad about Jeb:
http://www.c-span.org/video/?c4501032/wolfowitz-iraqis-will-greet-us-liberators

Voiceover: "This is the man Jeb Bush trusts to advice him on Iraq. The same man who told George W. Bush that the Iraqis would greet us as liberators."
:eyepop: Or in visual form, this.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
oh boy oh boy the debate is tomorrow

oh man oh god oh man oh god oh man

can't wait~

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I have now decided that this Clinton-Trump connection is the best thing ever. Not only does Trump have to defend the conspiracy theories at the debates tomorrow; but, if trump wins by some trick of Satan, then I can annoy my conservative family members that he is really just a liberal plant due to this Clinton meeting.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Chris Christie posted:

Can't wait for Trump to call her an idiot war monger or an idiot rube and say "you voted for it" over and over while she's trying to respond.

I honestly don't understand why people think this isn't incredibly more toxic for Jeb! than Hillary. The Bush administration flat out lied and fabricated evidence to push the Iraq war. No, Hillary's hands are not clean, she shouldn't have voted for it, that is clearly a problem for her but she said she was wrong while the Jeb! campaign is completely infested with the exact same GWB people and he can't even answer a softball question about it.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Could someone explain this to me.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Jewel Repetition posted:

Sure.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.mrctv.org/blog/poll-trump-leads-gop-field-among-hispanics-records-34-favorability#.9294mx:ch4a

PPP

Favorability among Hispanics

#1 Clinton - 51%
#2 Sanders - 38%
#3 TRUMP - 34%
#4 Bush - 31%
#5 Cruz - 30%
#6 Rubio - 29%
#6 Paul - 29%
#8 Walker - 26%
#9 Fiorina - 25%
#10 Christie - 21%
#11 O'Malley - 18%
#12 Carson - 16%
#12 Chafee - 16%
#12 Huckabee - 16%
#15 Webb - 13%

The Hispanics really do love Trump.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Not only does Trump have to defend the conspiracy theories at the debates tomorrow;

"Yeah, sure, I talked to Bill. That's how much of an important businessman I am - when I want to talk to a president, I just pick up the phone and, boom. Everyone wants to talk to me. I'm a very wealthy and important person."

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Chris Christie posted:

Now post the "Unfavorable" numbers. :ssh:

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

No joke, this is one of the most affecting things I've seen in this thread. My family lost somebody in Iraq and this image has made me in turn sad, pissed off at you for making it, and then really, really angry at the possibility of Jeb being president all in one ten minute roller coaster ride of emotion. I'm actually motivated to volunteer for the Democrats again. So in all honestly thanks for the reminder of what's at stake.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Jewel Repetition posted:

Families put those flags out with a blue star for every child in the service during wartime (my folks had a 3-star version for me and both of my brothers). When any of the children are killed in combat, the star is changed to gold.

edit: Also, for anyone trying to die within the first 20 minutes of tomorrow night's debates from alcohol poisoning:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Chris Christie posted:

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/poll-trump-leads-gop-field-among-hispanics-records-34-favorability#.9294mx:ch4a

PPP

#1 Clinton - 51%
#2 Sanders - 38%
#3 TRUMP - 34%
#4 Bush - 31%
#5 Cruz - 30%
#6 Rubio - 29%
#6 Paul - 29%
#8 Walker - 26%
#9 Fiorina - 25%
#10 Christie - 21%
#11 O'Malley - 18%
#12 Carson - 16%
#12 Chafee - 16%
#12 Huckabee - 16%
#15 Webb - 13%

Someone should probably tell those Hispanics that Cruz and Rubio are fellow travelers. Clearly they haven't gotten the memo ,which is really throwing a monkey wrench in the plan to win the Hispanic vote via pointing and going "eh, eh" at VP candidate [Hispanic Republican to be determined].

But seriously, holy poo poo. Those numbers are insane. Way to hold the line at between Nixon and Ford in popularity, most of you guys.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Funny, you wouldn't expect the living person to be the most shadowy character in this image.

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Thump! posted:

Families put those flags out with a blue star for every child in the service during wartime (my folks had a 3-star version for me and both of my brothers). When any of the children are killed in combat, the star is changed to gold.

edit: Also, for anyone trying to die within the first 20 minutes of tomorrow night's debates from alcohol poisoning:

"Shot and a beer chaser" for Trump talking over a moderator and another candidate at the same time is just evil. I don't think it would take 20 minutes, and I doubt it's even possible for a human to consume anything as quickly as one would have to in order to play that one.

berzerker
Aug 18, 2004
"If I could not go to heaven but with a party, I would not go there at all."
I hope someone makes another joke about Trump that consists solely of using the words yooj and luxurious. It's so so funny when that joke gets made over and over and over again, because it's so clever and original.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

berzerker posted:

I hope someone makes another joke about Trump that consists solely of using the words yooj and luxurious. It's so so funny when that joke gets made over and over and over again, because it's so clever and original.

:getout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

berzerker posted:

There's really not that many posts making that joke. Maybe they just stand out to you because they annoy you so much.

• Locked thread