Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

A few things that I loved about the movie that I loved. One that's been said, none of them especially spoilery, but just in case:

Ahhahaha, is the second one for real? Oh man, I'm afraid Oda is gonna see this movie day one and just straight up die at that moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Prison Warden posted:

Ahhahaha, is the second one for real? Oh man, I'm afraid Oda is gonna see this movie day one and just straight up die at that moment.

It's totally real.

Also re: Faulconer I might be wrong but one song in this movie totally sounds like him. I wouldn't be shocked considering we're reaching global Dragonball fanservice critical mass.

The quest to create the perfect Dragonball.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I still find it funny that, at the exact moment in the pre-show when the host said that parents and kids are both into the series due to the generation loop, I looked ahead and saw a father and son who couldn't be more disinterested. Sure, it could be because it was a pre-show and they just wanted to get to the action, but it's still great timing.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
I think my favorite part of Resurrection F was them bringing back visual fighting elements from the Goku vs. Cell fight. Namely the constant shifting between the perspective of the fighters fighting then to the perspective of the people on the ground who can only see a flurry of sonic booms peppering the atmosphere since the fighters are moving at speeds they can't perceive visually.

From a purely visual standpoint that's just a really stellar way to showcase the level of power that's being put on display.

Also, obligatory bitchfest about the Super animation. The training Vegeta scenes were painful to watch and that short glimpse of the Goku/Beerus fight after the credits looked even worse the the BoG scene it's copying, which was already barely passable.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah, I don't know what movie y'all were watching but I was not impressed with the fighting in Revival of F. Did not look that great to me. Felt BoG had a better fight between Beerus and Goku.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Testekill posted:

I don't know what to believe with Dokkan Battle anymore. I got a super rare Nappa without the draw thing being super saiyan Goku.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3732619&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Join us.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

So did anyone who already saw the movie catch who the TFS voice in it is? Haven't heard anything about that.

Captain Q
Nov 30, 2005

I CONJURE THIS INTREPID FANTASYSCAPE WITH TEARS BLED FROM THE WISDOM-WEARY EYES OF FIFTY THOUSAND IMAGINARY MAGICIANS

Rodyle posted:

RoF was fun. The kung fu alien monkey man hit the space emperor.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I feel like I'll enjoy the home media release a lot better (if its anything like the Battle of Gods one, with a handful of added scenes and the like)

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

jivjov posted:

I feel like I'll enjoy the home media release a lot better (if its anything like the Battle of Gods one, with a handful of added scenes and the like)

Exactly. It felt like there were a few scenes that would have made it more cohesive, but man what a fun ride that was.

All the spergs complaining about who could take on who (on reddit, dear God it's a bloodbath) - who the gently caress caresssss

Captain Q
Nov 30, 2005

I CONJURE THIS INTREPID FANTASYSCAPE WITH TEARS BLED FROM THE WISDOM-WEARY EYES OF FIFTY THOUSAND IMAGINARY MAGICIANS

Webbeh posted:

Exactly. It felt like there were a few scenes that would have made it more cohesive, but man what a fun ride that was.

All the spergs complaining about who could take on who (on reddit, dear God it's a bloodbath) - who the gently caress caresssss

Dr. Strangeballs, or: How I learned to stop fighting about power levels and love the spirit bomb

Captain Q fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Aug 5, 2015

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i feel like resurrection of f could be renamed "frieza's gigantic tantrum"

that being said i liked the movie

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Condiv posted:

i feel like resurrection of f could be renamed "frieza's gigantic tantrum"

that being said i liked the movie

That voice acting.

God drat.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Webbeh posted:

Who could take on who? What do you mean?

Also, you went to reddit: first mistake; went to a nerd board on reddit: last mistake.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Well going to see resurrection of F Thursday. Equally hyped for the movie and by the fact that I asked out a coworker to come see the movie with me and she said yes. It's our first date :3:.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Here at the theater. Shoutouts to the kid in the full Goku pajamas.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

mabels big day posted:

Here at the theater. Shoutouts to the kid in the full Goku pajamas.

There was a little kid at my screening last night wearing an actual gi, a saiyan wig and a cardboard power pole. After the movie he was trying to go Super Saiyan in the parking lot. :)

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Why is the loving Bluray release not for another two months? There are no theatre showings in my country :(

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Took some time off from my road trip to stop in Iowa and watch the movie tonight. gently caress it, I'm on vacation.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Squallege posted:

Took some time off from my road trip to stop in Iowa and watch the movie tonight. gently caress it, I'm on vacation.

The only time anyway has ever been happy to go to Iowa.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Veotax posted:

Why is the loving Bluray release not for another two months? There are no theatre showings in my country :(

go live in a real country

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Voice actor for Krillin is currently watching the movie in the movie theater I work at. He's incognito. I recognized him and asked him about the visit. Apparently he hasn't gotten a chance to see his own movie yet.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Shinjobi posted:

Voice actor for Krillin is currently watching the movie in the movie theater I work at. He's incognito. I recognized him and asked him about the visit. Apparently he hasn't gotten a chance to see his own movie yet.

I have his autograph on some DBZ Card Game cards featuring Krillin. He seems like a chill guy.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Monaghan posted:

Well going to see resurrection of F Thursday. Equally hyped for the movie and by the fact that I asked out a coworker to come see the movie with me and she said yes. It's our first date :3:.

This is actually sort of adorable. :blush:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

New Leaf posted:

I have his autograph on some DBZ Card Game cards featuring Krillin. He seems like a chill guy.

He is. Been running some dinky webcomic on the side, voice acting for Funimation, guy just likes being creative I guess.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Shinjobi posted:

This is a great story.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

Been running some dinky webcomic on the side

Finally, Buttlord's creator unmasked

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Movie was good as hell. Jaco stole the show for me, I really need to get around to reading his stuff. Is that the first time he's shown up in any animated part of dragon ball?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

mabels big day posted:

Movie was good as hell. Jaco stole the show for me, I really need to get around to reading his stuff. Is that the first time he's shown up in any animated part of dragon ball?

Does Xenoverse count?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Caros posted:

This is actually sort of adorable. :blush:

luckily she's a huge dbz fan. She has the entire dragon box set and dbz coasters. I think I'm in love.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Monaghan posted:

luckily she's a huge dbz fan. She has the entire dragon box set and dbz coasters. I think I'm in love.

It's all fun and games until she starts showing you her Hetalia box set

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Every theater showing it in Indianapolis was sold out last night, and two of them were tonight. I don't know why I'm surprised that its still so popular.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
It seemed weird Frieza said his power level would be over a million after training (I would have to assume in his base form) which really wouldn't be anything at all even ratio wise to his final form

The constant splicing in of cg looked quite bad

Fun movie overall though

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

"I'm glad they shitted on yamcha"-guy walking out of my showing

Covok
May 27, 2013

Relin posted:

It seemed weird Frieza said his power level would be over a million after training (I would have to assume in his base form) which really wouldn't be anything at all even ratio wise to his final form

The constant splicing in of cg looked quite bad

Fun movie overall though

I was confused by the power level comment too. I think it was supposed to be a billion, but who knows.

Ruggington posted:

"I'm glad they shitted on yamcha"-guy walking out of my showing

I agree. That line was hilarious.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I just don't understand the intense dislike people suddenly have for Yamcha.

I mean, the dude's irrelevant. Who even cares one way or the other about him?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Rodyle posted:

We had a fairly lively crowd which filled the house, the best part of which was the deafening cheers that erupted when Vegeta stepped in.

Same here, sadly there were three dudes in front being sarcastic disruptive assholes who kinda ruined some of the sincere moments of that half the time.

Batmasterson posted:

Every theater showing it in Indianapolis was sold out last night, and two of them were tonight. I don't know why I'm surprised that its still so popular.

Same here in Chicago. All theaters sold out entirely all three nights.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

I just don't understand the intense dislike people suddenly have for Yamcha.

I mean, the dude's irrelevant. Who even cares one way or the other about him?

I loved yamcha as a kid and picked him in all the fighting games

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

same. When he powered up the whole theater started cheering

I think this just happens at every showing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
People love to poo poo on Yamcha because he deserves it, he is like the only male character that never had at least one moment to shine.

• Locked thread