Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
5er
Jun 1, 2000

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah little girls always wanna be princesses instead of queens.

Probably because 'queens' in most fables/fairy tales are the antagonists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

5er posted:

:ssh:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

5er posted:

Including Elsa in most of Frozen.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Someone redo Frozen, except all the main characters are Great Leader Kim Jong Un and everyone is perfectly happy in their new winter wonderland where nothing can ever grow ever. The final fifteen minutes of the film is taken up by an insane rant about the coming Ice Age and how the Glorious Democratic Peoples Republic of North Korea will soon launch itself into orbit and survive the coming apocalypse.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

RickVoid posted:

Someone redo Frozen, except all the main characters are Great Leader Kim Jong Un and everyone is perfectly happy in their new winter wonderland where nothing can ever grow ever. The final fifteen minutes of the film is taken up by an insane rant about the coming Ice Age and how the Glorious Democratic Peoples Republic of North Korea will soon launch itself into orbit and survive the coming apocalypse.

I don't think anyone asked for a grimdark remake of Up, thanks anyway though.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

That country's main export is ice. I don't see why permanent winter is even a problem.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Well, some people like to eat things that aren't made of snow.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Careful, comrade, that sounds like decadent capitalist talk.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

I like the kid's tissue paper staff :buddy:

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
I finally watched Frozen, everything about it was crap, Tangled was heaps better.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

beato posted:

I finally watched Frozen, everything about it was crap, Tangled was heaps better.

Hey. Maybe. Don't take it so serious. Maybe. You just need to. Let it... go.
:v:
:suicide:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

beato posted:

Well there goes my theory that it was just a decent movie but got too overhyped to ever match up with what was said.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

beato posted:

Which version were you watching?

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

RareAcumen posted:

Well there goes my theory that it was just a decent movie but got too overhyped to ever match up with what was said.

I tried not to believe the hype. Even my girlfriend thought it was terrible. I've never seen a Disney film with so many forgettable songs and characters.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

beato posted:

I tried not to believe the hype. Even my girlfriend thought it was terrible. I've never seen a Disney film with so many forgettable songs and characters.

Well that's a shame. At least now I know for sure though.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Yeah, if one guy in the cosplay thread says it you can take that as law.

Unfortunately no one has ever cosplayed as Bulletproof from C.O.P.S., so I can't use that in saying case closed.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

beato posted:

Great concept, good message, terrible execution.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Aleph Null posted:

Oscar winner.

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

Went to a con this past weekend, first time I had a pro shoot done. I did Sheele from Akame ga Kill crossplay Friday but, for various reasons the singles pictures didn't turn out very well.

However Saturday I did Midnight from Fairy Tail and am really happy with how that turned out.

jiffypop45 has a new favorite as of 16:35 on Aug 6, 2015

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I didn't listen to hype for Frozen and I liked it a lot, it was a good film. Obviously it pales to Tangled because Tangled is a supreme film that is better than most films.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Tangled sucked. Frozen ruled. :colbert:

I wish I were Elsa.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

EmmyOk posted:

I didn't listen to hype for Frozen and I liked it a lot, it was a good film. Obviously it pales to Tangled because Tangled is a supreme film that is better than most films.

:agreed:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Aleph Null posted:

This is a great, succinct summation.

Frozen had a better message, Tangled was a better movie.

Also, the chameleon was way better than the snowman.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Good lord, it's the Captain Marvel family complete with Hoppy the Marvel Bunny :monocle:

And someone dressed up as Captain Carrot! (Also with Bwana Beast, The Wonder Twins Zan and Jayna with Gleek the space monkey, Blackhawk, etc etc)

Oh and here's a guy cosplaying as one of thos mass stair cosplay photo ops:

Wendell posted:

Unfortunately no one has ever cosplayed as Bulletproof from C.O.P.S., so I can't use that in saying case closed.

This guy is apparently planning on making that costume

Edit: holy poo poo

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 11:21 on Aug 7, 2015

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

And someone dressed up as Captain Carrot! (Also with Bwana Beast, The Wonder Twins Zan and Jayna with Gleek the space monkey, Blackhawk, etc etc)

Awww, not Captain Carrot but Captain Carrot.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Not a typical Cosplay, but here's David Bowie dressed up as Tilda Swinton and Tilda Swinton dressed up as David Bowie

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

EmmyOk posted:

Not a typical Cosplay, but here's David Bowie dressed up as Tilda Swinton and Tilda Swinton dressed up as David Bowie

She's always dressed like Bowie to an extent.
http://tildastardust.tumblr.com/

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Don't worry, we've got you covered

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Internet Kraken posted:

I like the kid's tissue paper staff :buddy:

They interviewed her (the little crystal maiden) at TI but I can't find a video of it.

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_HIoWI19u8&t=24s

Peanut President has a new favorite as of 12:22 on Aug 7, 2015

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Peanut President posted:

They interviewed her (the little crystal maiden) at TI but I can't find a video of it.

Crystal maiden? I though it was Jayna from Warcraft with sexy demons.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Paladinus posted:

Crystal maiden? I though it was Jayna from Warcraft with sexy demons.

I mean Crystal Maiden is an "altered so we won't get sued by BLIZZARD" Jaina.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Edit: holy poo poo

Clearly, Doom was ambushed while unawares at the mall, and was not in his usual armor (as evidenced by the sweat tunic and sweat pants) . That's the only way Squirrel Girl had any chance.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

tribbledirigible posted:

Clearly, Doom was ambushed while unawares at the mall, and was not in his usual armor (as evidenced by the sweat tunic and sweat pants) . That's the only way Squirrel Girl had any chance.

Squirrel Girl has defeated Dr. Doom in official Marvel canon. :eng101:

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Deviant posted:

Lies propagated by the envious enemies of Latveria!

or

Doombot

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

tribbledirigible posted:

Lies propagated by

RICHAAAAAAAAAAARDS!!!! :doom: :doom: :doom:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Deviant posted:

And he remembers to this day :doom: :gaz:

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

Oh and here's a guy cosplaying as one of thos mass stair cosplay photo ops:

:spergin: Hey, I know him - it's actually Allen on the Superhero Cosplay Forum (SCF, kind of the go-to place for superhero costume advice). He's directed all of the mass stair photo ops at DragonCon for years, otherwise known as the rear end in a top hat with the megaphone. He wore this costume last year because it was his final year directing the shoots, he retired.

But at least he went out with a bang

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Reo posted:

:spergin: Hey, I know him - it's actually Allen on the Superhero Cosplay Forum (SCF, kind of the go-to place for superhero costume advice). He's directed all of the mass stair photo ops at DragonCon for years, otherwise known as the rear end in a top hat with the megaphone. He wore this costume last year because it was his final year directing the shoots, he retired.

But at least he went out with a bang

Anytime I see videos from any other conventions, I'm glad I make the choice to go down to Dragoncon every year instead. Also Beatdownboogie has some pro cosplay videos.

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

Yeah beatdownboogie are amazing, they really capture the actual fun of cons vs. most cosplay videos just being slow-mo pans around cosplayers standing still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Drythe posted:

And he remembers to this day :doom: :gaz:

I love the idea of Dr. Doom going "Look, there it is, just... just go okay? :cripes:"

• Locked thread