Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Cracked_Gear posted:

Vinesauce N64 corruptions are the best

W̸̡͖̭̥ͮ̃͒͌Ă̷̧̡̺͇ͯ͋̓ͣT̡̲͔͆ͤ̀Ĉ͖̳̘͙͇̌̌ͨͫͪ̏̿͘͜H̃͛

modedit: annoying table breaking Zalgo poo poo removed

Somebody has a new favorite as of 04:32 on Aug 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsjtB0VVNkQ

Hang gliders don't like Ajay. ;(
I stopped recording, but I tried grabbing it a couple more times but the command would just push it farther away till it fell off a cliff.

Couple more from my channel:

Batmobile does Black Eyed Peas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXt6kUo8Y4M

Marine in Ground Zeroes takes one for the team.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A1zi8GpLac

Vergil's bogus journey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui7uXWx3-uY

Spermando has a new favorite as of 09:49 on Jul 29, 2015

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Huszsersvn posted:

I think the second one is a sigil that summons some kind of roadworks demon.

Y̷̭O̹Ù̥̘͕ ̺̠̱͔̭W͏̳̺I̧͉̮͕ĻL̤̬̫̝̰̪͉͜ ̲R̴̰̳̞E̪̣̲̻G̩R̸͕̲̬̮͎̹ͅÉ̝͉̠T̲̝͎̯͖͍ T҉̩H̦̺͔͔̝͓ͅI̝̬͓͉̲͉͍S

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
spacestation13.txt

NewMars posted:

This just in, farting has broken the game.

I am being serious.

Farting is broken now, whenever people fart it causes the game to lag so badly that it just stops.

Same with door opening.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Opening doors breaks the game...? How does that even happen?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

is ss13 a thing that is still getting updated?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Volt Catfish posted:

is ss13 a thing that is still getting updated?

You'd hope so, if opening a door can completely break everything.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Man ss13 can be a decently fun game but it desperately needs that full remake some dudes were doing.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
SS13 is a strange and terrifying beast. I think at some point there was hellish lag just because every time anyone took a step the game would check whether or not there was a banana peel on the floor

magic mountain posted:

Ok, I was tryin to code something useful but instead I ended up searching for random poo poo I came across. Then...
code:
on_reaction(var/datum/reagents/holder, var/created_volume)
	fucking_critter_bullshit_fuckcrap_limiter(reaction_count)
	new /obj/critter/fermid(get_turf(holder.my_atom))
	return
SS13 development right here, ladies and gentlemen.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Illegal Username posted:

SS13 is a strange and terrifying beast. I think at some point there was hellish lag just because every time anyone took a step the game would check whether or not there was a banana peel on the floor

Thank god. I thought I was the only one swearing into my source code.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Somfin posted:

Thank god. I thought I was the only one swearing into my source code.

I think all coders do it, but we usually get around to changing it if someone else is going to see it.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well, SS13 gave this thread it's newest title, it's a gift that keeps on giving. It's also a game where intentional behavior is easily mistaken for bugs.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

SS13 is a game where they introduced hiding things inside pies a while back. You could hide most handheld things. The magic came from the fact that if you threw the pie at someone, it would splat them in the face, and whatever was hidden in the pie would trigger on the victim as if the thrower had walked up and belted them with it. This led to fun things, like stun baton pies.

However, probably the funniest one I can remember was hiding the russian revolver in a pie. You see, most guns, you click on a dude and you'll either shoot or pistol whip them with the gun. The russian revolver was used solely for playing russian roulette. This meant you would typically hold the gun, click yourself, and have a 1-in-6 chance of blowing your own head off. It turns out, against all logic, that when someone hides the russian revolver inside a pie and throws it at someone, there's a very good chance that the gun will enact terrible russian vengeance and blow the head of the thrower clean off, even from a distance.

It would've been a lot less funny than it ended up being if a clown hadn't been the one to find that out.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

neogeo0823 posted:

SS13 is a game where they introduced hiding things inside pies a while back. You could hide most handheld things. The magic came from the fact that if you threw the pie at someone, it would splat them in the face, and whatever was hidden in the pie would trigger on the victim as if the thrower had walked up and belted them with it. This led to fun things, like stun baton pies.

However, probably the funniest one I can remember was hiding the russian revolver in a pie. You see, most guns, you click on a dude and you'll either shoot or pistol whip them with the gun. The russian revolver was used solely for playing russian roulette. This meant you would typically hold the gun, click yourself, and have a 1-in-6 chance of blowing your own head off. It turns out, against all logic, that when someone hides the russian revolver inside a pie and throws it at someone, there's a very good chance that the gun will enact terrible russian vengeance and blow the head of the thrower clean off, even from a distance.

It would've been a lot less funny than it ended up being if a clown hadn't been the one to find that out.

The details are even better. Every item would trigger as if the person who got hit in the face used it. So you throw a revolver pie in someone's face, and the in-game terms it's basically suicide. This is important, because that's the way it was shown in chat.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
Is this a text-based game or is there just no video of any of this insanity?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

It has some fairly basic tile based graphics too.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

TheMaestroso posted:

Is this a text-based game or is there just no video of any of this insanity?

It's visual with a text box for chat. Everything is icons/tiles that move around the world, while almost every action and everything that gets said is pasted into a chatbox on the side.

Unfortunately, unless you play the game a few times, there's not a ton that you'll understand from watching a stream of the game. There is an LP thread kicking around which has some great videos of the game, but a lot of it is a relatively cluttered visual display, with chat presented alongside. Not exactly easy to parse unless you have played before. That said, you should totally try it out. It's not like the game is a resource hog for the client, just the server it's hosted on, which routinely falls over and starts on fire from some of this stuff. You'll likely spend your first 3 or 4 rounds beating yourself to death with your shoes, then dying in hilarious and totally :shobon: ways until you manage to get the game to click for you, and suddenly it's like opening your eyes and seeing nothing but changelings and staff assistants pummeling you in the face with fire extinguishers. Forever.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Kikas posted:

The details are even better. Every item would trigger as if the person who got hit in the face used it. So you throw a revolver pie in someone's face, and the in-game terms it's basically suicide. This is important, because that's the way it was shown in chat.
No, that's not true. Items trigger as though the thrower used the item on the person who gets hit. This is why the russian revolver pie works the way it does - trying to shoot someone with the russian revolver results in the same 1 in 6 chance of shooting yourself as using it on yourself does. So when you throw the russian revolver pie at someone, you have a 1 in 6 chance of shooting yourself in the head.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

I saw this used to great effect by an enterprising bastard - he threw the pie at the captain and intentionally missed. The captain picked up the pie and threw it back, scoring a hit - and blowing his own head apart. Magnificent.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I recall someone saying you could also set it as a trap and have your head blown off when you're at the other end of the space station.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yep. Using the in-game logic components, you can set up a catapult aimed at a monkey strapped into a chair that triggers when a specific door is opened. Whoever opens the door is the source of the event and is therefore considered to have thrown the pie, and their head will immediately explode.

Dabir has a new favorite as of 02:51 on Aug 4, 2015

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Feonir posted:

An oldie that I just remembered.

Playing Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer there wasn't a lot of bugs to be had. I, to this day, do not know how I managed to do what I did but I was playing as my favorite character a Batarian soldier, their melee makes heads explode when you punch people, all very dramatic and cool.

My friend asks over Mumble if I have disconnected he could not see me, then says. "Oh no you killed someone just now..wait.." I wait, he sends me this screenshot mid round. I spent the rest of the game as...

a 2 inch tall batarian, punching peoples heads off.

Speaking of Batarian punching...

This isn't so much of a glitch or bug as much as just a quirk of the way the game does stuff. Melee in this game sort of locks you on to the target, so you can actually be effective punching / headbutting poo poo in the middle of all the flippy space ninjas and explosions and poo poo flying everywhere. And poo poo will be flying around a lot because there's a bunch of player abilities that focus specifically on ragdolling and literally throwing enemies around with space magic.

The Batarian melee has a long windup time. The melee locks on to a moving opponent. One of the batarian classes has Shockwave as an ability, which ragdolls stuff across the room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eTaCRQNH6g
The player community generally terms the combination of the two as "Batarian Hatesurfing". It can work with other characters and abilities but is easiest to do with this one.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

GenericOverusedName posted:

This isn't so much of a glitch or bug as much as just a quirk of the way the game does stuff. Melee in this game sort of locks you on to the target, so you can actually be effective punching / headbutting poo poo in the middle of all the flippy space ninjas and explosions and poo poo flying everywhere. And poo poo will be flying around a lot because there's a bunch of player abilities that focus specifically on ragdolling and literally throwing enemies around with space magic.

The Batarian melee has a long windup time. The melee locks on to a moving opponent. One of the batarian classes has Shockwave as an ability, which ragdolls stuff across the room.

The player community generally terms the combination of the two as "Batarian Hatesurfing". It can work with other characters and abilities but is easiest to do with this one.

Found out the hard way that the last evolution for the Shockwave skill should never be set to "lifting shockwave" if you mean to use it for hatesurfing. It kills the momentum and just suspends unsheilded health enemies midair. Useful, but pretty lame.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

GenericOverusedName posted:

Always hatesurf, never compromise.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

You forgot to mention that the Batarians are invincible during the heavy melee animation. Stylish, angry, and invulnerable.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

Reive
May 21, 2009

Glitch where animations are applied to the wrong characters in Hyrule Warriors:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Reive posted:

I disagree, this is the correct character.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Reive posted:

No, that seems about right for Link.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Reive posted:

The best was Darunia skin swapped with Midna. For those who haven't played, Midna rides a twilight wolf, like when in wolf mode in Twilight Princess. If you give Darunia Midna's weapon, it's just a great big Goron riding on a tiny wolf. It's really :3:

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
The day they patched that glitch out was an incredibly sad day.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
"When u late 4 class and you make it to ur seat just in time for roll call."

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Dabir posted:

Yep. Using the in-game logic components, you can set up a catapult aimed at a monkey strapped into a chair that triggers when a specific door is opened. Whoever opens the door is the source of the event and is therefore considered to have thrown the pie, and their head will immediately explode.
Only problem is, it's a one-shot deal. Once the russian revolver fires, it has to be 'reloaded' before it can fire again, and you can't reload it in pie form.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Strudel Man posted:

Only problem is, it's a one-shot deal. Once the russian revolver fires, it has to be 'reloaded' before it can fire again, and you can't reload it in pie form.

That's why you make more suicide pies.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's OK because you can actually throw the pie at an oven to load the revolver into it. And then stand in the corner and throw the pie into your own face repeatedly to eat it and hide the evidence.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Tiberius Thyben posted:

That's why you make more suicide pies.
The supply of russian revolvers is sharply limited. :(

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Sonic 3D Blast "cheat code":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvjA4PlNYkw

When you get a fatal error it kicks you into the level select screen for some reason.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Pneub posted:

When you get a fatal error it kicks you into the level select screen for some reason.

Gotta have something to handle errors! It's actually the same as the Chris Houlihan room in LttP, they're both crash protection of a sort.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

kinmik posted:

"When u late 4 class and you make it to ur seat just in time for roll call."

"when bae text u n say she horny af"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Pneub posted:

The Genesis always just keepin' on keepin' on, even when you yank the cart halfway out, is never not funny to me.