Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Tae posted:

So for that one other person, I started playing Elemental Wings but have no idea what I'm doing besides playing the same stage over and over again while leveling up like 15 levels.

Yep, it's basically one long stage, that repeats itself after you beat the succubus, only now in hell mode so everything is harder. Occasionally you'll do well enough where you'll spawn a boss, where you and your friends basically kill it for tokens so you can summon more lousy 2 star elementals. Otherwise, there's not that much to the game at the moment. I like the song, but wish there was more than one track. Use the weekly elementals if you have nothing better, get 30 friends so you (and they) can gift each every day for easy friend points so you can summon more, and the gifts you get are often useful boosts.

My fire element of choice has been Ruin, but I haven't used many of the others that often because I picked up a 4* Ruin early on and now I'm just used to shooting a scythe boomerang for big damage. The good light elements that I like are Lucy and Voltage, because Lucy's laser shoots through everything so you can ignore shields, and Voltage also just manages to hit everything. Haven't really decided on a water element yet, nothing too impressive from any of the ones I've tried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Since I doubt I'll be able to farm up another 50 stones before the frieza machine goes away I used all my leftovers and still no SSR. Hopefully form 4 gets a revival at some point then so I can get my frieza team.

EDIT: since apparently some people have actually played the JP version, are there other form 4 frieza cards?

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Aug 5, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I've run the Teq Awakening Medal stage on Very Hard about 20 times today and haven't gotten a loving Supreme Kai and I wanted to share my sadness.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Well, I just finished Z-HARD on the entire story. Onto the next Dokkan challenge.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Man, I need a loving bunch of Gregories in order to awaken a few of my characters.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Testekill posted:

Man, I need a loving bunch of Gregories in order to awaken a few of my characters.

Do any of the weekly awakening events on normal.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, what a hassle. Seems like every time I work on a some Ns to awaken, I end up with them at 19 with like 150 XP to go.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Webbeh posted:

Well, I just finished Z-HARD on the entire story. Onto the next Dokkan challenge.

Tell us your secrets

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Tell us your secrets

A team of level 70s and a lot of patience.

It's all about matching the attack turns with the player who is resistant to the attack color. And having a shitload of potions from farming the Cyborg Tao event.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
ps, per Reddit: (PSA) Farm for INT medals today so you can awaken Mecha Frieza tommorow without waiting another week

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/3fvid3/psa_farm_for_int_medals_today_so_you_can_awaken/

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Webbeh posted:

ps, per Reddit: (PSA) Farm for INT medals today so you can awaken Mecha Frieza tommorow without waiting another week

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/3fvid3/psa_farm_for_int_medals_today_so_you_can_awaken/

I only have like 3 PHY types to use. :negative:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I can't even come close to beating Z Hard.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Webbeh posted:

Interesting but if Mecha Frieza is as hard to get as Tao and Jackie Chun have been, I'll never see him anyway.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Recently in on this and very excited. My ID is 350040143 and I have a lot of room so feel free to toss an invite.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Of course after all of my grousing about needing him, I get another Ginyu, the R INT one. He doesn't even have a passive ability. :mediocre:

The R STR one has a really nice one, so I guess it'll be a matter of what types are useful. I have a lot of redundant Ginyu Force dudes now, leading to pretty solid options for teambuilding if I level the others. Shame none of them have good generic leader abilities, but that's what Frieza's for.

Ginyu - R STR, R INT
Recoome SR PHY, R STR
Jeice R STR, R TEQ
Guldo R INT, R PHY
Burter SR AGI, had an R AGI that sucked.

I'm pretty close to getting that SR PHY Recoome (Never-Ending Assault) up to Xyber Huge/SSR*, so that'll be cool. Most of those Rs are SR* already.

I've had pretty good luck with the events so far, only Vegeta took more than than a handful of runs to drop for me and I have a better team now. I haven't been grinding for multiple copies, though.

On a more general note: What links are people finding useful? Obviously I think Ginyu Force is good and obviously Saiyan Warrior Race is great, but I'm wondering if anyone's been impressed with others. Brutal Beatdown is good and pretty common, as is Tough as Nails.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 6, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Batmasterson posted:

Recently in on this and very excited. My ID is 350040143 and I have a lot of room so feel free to toss an invite.

Sent you an invite, I'm Kelp

Also cleared out my list of people who haven't played in like a week so if anyone wants to friend me here's my code:

I've got a purple SSR SSJ Gohan as my leader so I'm useful to have around. Might swap him out for SSR Frieza later on.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Added both of you, my code's 1487212337 if you want some random SR leader depending on what I'm doing. My A-Team lead is Emperor of Inequity Frieza for a sweet +15% Atk boost for everyone.

Also, aww fuckin' yeah. SSR* Recoome. Next on the SSR* block is that dumb fucker Burter, when I can scrounge up another 250k Zenni. Maybe he won't suck as hard at SSR*?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I made a second account on an old device so I can reroll until I get all the friezas, if possible, in my spare time. God help me.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is a SR Determined Defender Goku + SR Furious Impact Gohan a good enough starting roll? I've been rerolling to try and get something good on the second roll and this is the first SR I've managed to get.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Mecha Freiza's started.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

On one hand a SSR isn't really needed, but on the other hand rerolling is really easy, if a bit mind-numbing (be sure to have something else to do while doing it)

How long are transfer codes active? I still have a spare SSR Trunks account and a spare SSR Goku, but I haven't played them in a while. They're 2-3 (crappy) rolls into the game already, but hey - SSR is SSR and if somebody here wants one of those just say something.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Wuxi posted:

On one hand a SSR isn't really needed, but on the other hand rerolling is really easy, if a bit mind-numbing (be sure to have something else to do while doing it)

How long are transfer codes active? I still have a spare SSR Trunks account and a spare SSR Goku, but I haven't played them in a while. They're 2-3 (crappy) rolls into the game already, but hey - SSR is SSR and if somebody here wants one of those just say something.

An SSR isn't needed, but I don't know if there are other form 4 frieza cards and I'm dedicated to an all frieza team. I have no clue how long the codes are active though, I'm still trying to grind up the 50 stones for the first roll. Takes a while.

Anyway, mecha freezer is pretty tough. Even with a type advantage he's hitting my team for over 3k each turn. Having a team of really good PHYS types is pretty much mandatory I think.

EDIT: while I'm bitching, I really wish there was something in the game to stop it from generating huge fields of damage spaces while at the same time only giving you one or two movement pieces. The game deciding you have no chance to win is never fun.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Aug 6, 2015

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Nuebot posted:

Mecha Freiza's started.

Picked him up on my first roll on easy. Bravo, RNG.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Webbeh posted:

Picked him up on my first roll on easy. Bravo, RNG.

Oh come the gently caress on, you beat the game on Z-Hard AND you have the best RNG luck on the planet? Ugh...

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

Oh come the gently caress on, you beat the game on Z-Hard AND you have the best RNG luck on the planet? Ugh...

The good news is - I haven't gotten him since.

But man, the Mecha Frieza is great for farming potions and heals. I've picked up 6 or so healing items so far.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I've just now realized those little can items are health restores. So I've been chugging my stock of like 70+ green and blue cans to beat hard robo freezer when he decides to spam his super. Still no drop but I can do it now. Turns out this R Android 16 I had, hits like a drat truck. I thought it'd be useless but I've had him do more damage than some of the other similarly levelled units' supers.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Unfortunately for me, Int is the one color I don't have a "team" against. I have the Physical SR Raditz and Gohan that I can field, but I've been really unlucky with Phys and Int characters. Mountains of reds and blues. I'm beasting him on Hard no problem, but Z-Hard is going to be a struggle.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Nuebot posted:

I've just now realized those little can items are health restores. So I've been chugging my stock of like 70+ green and blue cans to beat hard robo freezer when he decides to spam his super. Still no drop but I can do it now. Turns out this R Android 16 I had, hits like a drat truck. I thought it'd be useless but I've had him do more damage than some of the other similarly levelled units' supers.

I'd probably hold on to a lot of those items if you haven't already farmed Dragon Stones on missions. Those will be a god-send on the later missions (like that loving Ginyu Force mission).

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The ginyu misison is where I am now. I've cleared up to that on normal and hard.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I did the Ginyu one with a Senzu. Take one and a Dende and it's probably fine.

Got Mecha Frieza on my 4th attempt. It's not too bad as long as you have a team with some z awakened folks due to the damage reduction. He still does like 3k to resistant characters, so it's really a damage race.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Already did Frieza 8 times on Hard without any luck. It looks like I'm going to have to grind this one out the hard way like I did with Jackie Chun (and the way I never got Cyborg Tao).

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Nuebot posted:

Turns out this R Android 16 I had, hits like a drat truck. I thought it'd be useless but I've had him do more damage than some of the other similarly levelled units' supers.

Just like in the show!

He gets a 2000 attack buff after taking damage, and his base stats are way higher than my other PHYS R's. He's dope.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

New Leaf posted:

Unfortunately for me, Int is the one color I don't have a "team" against. I have the Physical SR Raditz and Gohan that I can field, but I've been really unlucky with Phys and Int characters. Mountains of reds and blues. I'm beasting him on Hard no problem, but Z-Hard is going to be a struggle.

I have a real bad PHY deficit too. I started with an SR Exploding Rage Gohan (Kid) and didn't realize that he is the worst SR I have ever seen. I have R characters tougher than him. My only other PHY is an R Krillin that I awakened to SR. He is about 150% more powerful in every stat compared to Gohan. I think the only good thing about that Gohan is the higher than average defense stat + All in the Family (+2000 DEF).

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I got him first time on hard. Haven't seem him again since.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I thought once you get a strike unit, that's it?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Tae posted:

I thought once you get a strike unit, that's it?

Goku event is only once, but the Frieza event can be farmed for more copies.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Wait, what about the Vegeta/Nappa event?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Tae posted:

Each stage once per difficulty.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Tae posted:

Those are only for the first on each difficulty, iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Also, holy gently caress Mecha Freeza is a beast at Z-HARD.