Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
I think the kittens thing would be about 800x better if it didn't have The Oatmeal's godawful artwork all over it but that's pretty much my only beef with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

daft punk railroad posted:

I think the kittens thing would be about 800x better if it didn't have The Oatmeal's godawful artwork all over it but that's pretty much my only beef with it

no see its so low effort that its good

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
gently caress ALL this poo poo

gently caress that first kickstarter mentioned in the thread and gently caress the 1000ths kickstarter in the thread

all i want to know is

when the gently caress are we gonna get the kickstarter for don't whizz on the electric fence?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
pple paid for terrible oatmeal garbage which means it must be good

no way people would be coaxed into paying for literal poo poo

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

pathetic little tramp posted:

gently caress ALL this poo poo

gently caress that first kickstarter mentioned in the thread and gently caress the 1000ths kickstarter in the thread

all i want to know is

when the gently caress are we gonna get the kickstarter for don't whizz on the electric fence?

That's never going to happen. The electric fence has been covered in Calvin peeing stickers and everyone now supports whizzing on it.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I don't know which is better, arguing about whether lolrandumb cats game is the worst thing or not, or arguing about whether Steven Universe is a cartoon for babies or not.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
One of my friends got the kitten game and it was decent when we were drunk. It gets fun in the late game when you worrying about getting the exploding kitten, but the first 2/3 of it are boring as hell. Decent concept, but its missing a solid core mechanic

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
I get real mad when people enjoy stupid stuff that doesn't appeal to me personally. Like, I'm hulkin' up

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I don't know which is better, arguing about whether lolrandumb cats game is the worst thing or not, or arguing about whether Steven Universe is a cartoon for babies or not.
The people involved in the Steven Universe thing are uniformly far worse people.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Box of Bunnies posted:

I get real mad when people enjoy stupid stuff that doesn't appeal to me personally. Like, I'm hulkin' up

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

steinrokkan posted:

Hm... Let's see how true this is.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/154790261/amazing-poo poo

Checks out so far.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/robinyourgrave/bird-poo poo-second-run-of-issue-1-printing-issue-2/
Oh.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1846025001/ben-schreck-shits-2015-calendar
OH!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1320946305/scary-poo poo
AUGH!!!

The General
Mar 4, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

http://www.cbc.ca/newsblogs/yourcommunity/2014/12/cards-against-humanity-sells-30000-boxes-of-actual-poop-to-mock-holiday-consumerism.html

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.
It's a case, for your phone, for selfies! Unlike, uh, just holding your phone.

Also it has the best video ever.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Crust First posted:

It's a case, for your phone, for selfies! Unlike, uh, just holding your phone.

Also it has the best video ever.

Why is the video him recording his computer playing the video? I'm trying to follow the thought process that would ever result in that and coming up with nothing.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Kaizoku posted:

Why is the video him recording his computer playing the video? I'm trying to follow the thought process that would ever result in that and coming up with nothing.

Made a video using webcam. It saved in some asinine format that I can't upload to KS... So I will use my phone to re-record it and then upload it.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

If only this were a real kickstarter http://megagogo.co/

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
So there's this garbage looking project https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/350275419/mooncrest-former-bioware-devs-fuse-story-and-tacti

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

So they've got about £1200 in pledges but only £500 is from people pledging. Where's the £700 coming from?

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Wait, so for the highest tier, $10,000, the only thing you get is a one-of-a-kind t-shirt? Not even get to go to the launch party like the $7,500 backers? :wtc:

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

taiyoko posted:

Wait, so for the highest tier, $10,000, the only thing you get is a one-of-a-kind t-shirt? Not even get to go to the launch party like the $7,500 backers? :wtc:

quote:

*If asked nicely, we will throw in one reward level of your choice.

That still makes it $2500 for a shirt, of course.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

door Door door posted:

Still more likely to be completed than 90% of real ones.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

door Door door posted:

I love that instead of simply building a wall around the burning man they want to build one around the Bay Area.

Or is it part of :thejoke: ?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

'Imagine if you could play as a woman in one of those classic RPGs. A woman with a bow! That would be revolutionary'.

'Hello, we are a bunch of nerdy white guys and women you just saw have nothing to do with the game'.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I like how their environments and action drawings look pretty good yet their character and weapon concepts look like complete poo poo. Also oh boy, ye olde buddy cop story, take all my money please.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Morglon posted:

I like how their environments and action drawings look pretty good yet their character and weapon concepts look like complete poo poo.

Looks like a pretty standard flat-colour turnaround to me. You're basically looking for something to nitpick at this point.

That being said the actual designs are pretty bleh, busy cartoonish fantasy stuff like LoL or something. The game doesn't really look like anything because there's nothing but concept art and promises at this point.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I can't help but sense a tinge of envy from some goons on the kickstarters that are apparently terrible yet ended up making money hand over fist.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Panfilo posted:

I can't help but sense a tinge of envy from some goons on the kickstarters that are apparently terrible yet ended up making money hand over fist.

Yes. Like OUYA.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

The Glumslinger posted:

One of my friends got the kitten game and it was decent when we were drunk. It gets fun in the late game when you worrying about getting the exploding kitten, but the first 2/3 of it are boring as hell. Decent concept, but its missing a solid core mechanic
Have a look at Falling by James Earnest. It was made in 1998 and is basically a real time (as in, one player draws the card for everyone and he can go as fast/slow as he wants) version of Exploding Kittens but with more strategy because the 'death' cards are all placed at the bottom of the draw deck.

EDIT: also no player elimination until right up until the end of the game

Tekopo has a new favorite as of 14:19 on Aug 6, 2015

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Paladinus posted:

'Imagine if you could play as a woman in one of those classic RPGs. A woman with a bow! That would be revolutionary'.

'Hello, we are a bunch of nerdy white guys and women you just saw have nothing to do with the game'.

I didn't know what you were talking about until I watched the pitch video.

Simply awful, awful stuff. Like other people have said, certain Kickstarters seem to think their pedigree alone absolves them from having to show any sort of demo of any kind in their pitch.

Also this:

quote:

We could have sought a publisher but that would have introduced a number of potential restrictions to the vision. Mooncrest is a game made the way we think a game should be made; no publishers telling us the lead character needs to be male, that the game is too complex and needs to be dumbed down for mass market appeal, or that we require a multiplayer component to boost sales.

Is such trite poo poo, they should be ashamed for writing it. But of course this has already seen loads of funding and probably will get a few million in the end, because people are loving stupid.

FEMALE CHARACTERS??!?!? IN MY RPG??? WOW WHAT REVOLUTIONARY THINKING :homebrew:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Panfilo posted:

Being envious doesn't make the thing any less poo poo.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

KiddieGrinder posted:

Is such trite poo poo

quote:

Former BioWare devs

Checks out.

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider

Haha '20 years combined experience.' There better be no more than two people on this team or that is some sad rear end poo poo. Usually this number is like 50 or more when someone brings it up as a point in their favor.

KiddieGrinder posted:

But of course this has already seen loads of funding and probably will get a few million in the end, because people are loving stupid.

It's got like $32k so far. Kicktraq has this not even hitting their funding goal if this rate of pledges remains stable, which it usually doesn't in a negative way. Barring pledges suddenly coming out of the woodwork this is going to fail by a pretty wide margin.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Kazy posted:

Being envious doesn't make the thing any less poo poo.

True, but it's very common for people to rationalize their envy by finding ways to disparage the source of that envy. Other people's success is always far more undeserving. Goons can kind of come off as the Salieris to the autist Mozart's.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Panfilo posted:

True, but it's very common for people to rationalize their envy by finding ways to disparage the source of that envy. Other people's success is always far more undeserving. Goons can kind of come off as the Salieris to the autist Mozart's.

Amadeus or not, the internet as a whole is sadly uncritical and we're kind of at the point now where genuine criticism can be interpreted as trolling. That's not to say that goons are always perfect critics but this is the awful kickstarter thread, not the rose-colored glasses kickstarter thread.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

anticake posted:

Haha '20 years combined experience.' There better be no more than two people on this team or that is some sad rear end poo poo. Usually this number is like 50 or more when someone brings it up as a point in their favor.

It's got like $32k so far. Kicktraq has this not even hitting their funding goal if this rate of pledges remains stable, which it usually doesn't in a negative way. Barring pledges suddenly coming out of the woodwork this is going to fail by a pretty wide margin.
There's like 4 I think. That stuck out to me as well. Pretty sure Brian Fargo's farts have more combined industry experience and he barely got away with the 'kickstarter pitch video that says nothing about the game' track in his last kickstarter.

Without some major revelation or media buzz this kickstarter is dead in the water (for good reason).

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

KiddieGrinder posted:

I didn't know what you were talking about until I watched the pitch video.

Simply awful, awful stuff. Like other people have said, certain Kickstarters seem to think their pedigree alone absolves them from having to show any sort of demo of any kind in their pitch.

Where is the pitch video? I can't seem to find it in it's usual location. Did they remove it?

Also, these guys are touting their Neverwinter Nights mods but are promising Dark Souls-style real time combat? Why not state that we worked on KOTOR and Mass Effect because that's the only thing closest to the Souls-type gameplay with that tactical element added on?

Young Freud has a new favorite as of 23:50 on Aug 6, 2015

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Young Freud posted:

Where is the pitch video? I can't seem to find it in it's usual location. Did they remove it?

Also, these guys are touting their Neverwinter Nights mods but are promising Dark Souls-style real time combat? Why not state that we worked on KOTOR and Mass Effect because that's the only thing closest to the Souls-type gameplay with that tactical element added on?

Oh wow they did pull it, found a backup of it though http://www.computerbase.de/videos/2015-08/mooncrest-kickstarter-pitch/

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Prop Wash posted:

Amadeus or not, the internet as a whole is sadly uncritical and we're kind of at the point now where genuine criticism can be interpreted as trolling. That's not to say that goons are always perfect critics but this is the awful kickstarter thread, not the rose-colored glasses kickstarter thread.

Have you read youtube comments? Trust me, a lack of 'constructive criticism' is not the problem here. You're telling me in a media format where people can say whatever they want, anonymously, with minimal effort, there is a lack of criticism? Seriously?

Tetraptous
Nov 11, 2004

Dynamic instability during transition.
That pitch video reminds me of a live-action version of Tumblr's favorite book: Barbie: I can be a Computer Engineer where Barbie needs some male nerds to program the game she "designed." How could that team be so out of touch, especially considering that they have "a lifetime of experience?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Tetraptous posted:

That pitch video reminds me of a live-action version of Tumblr's favorite book: Barbie: I can be a Computer Engineer where Barbie needs some male nerds to program the game she "designed." How could that team be so out of touch, especially considering that they have "a lifetime of experience?"

Weird. I thought they fired the team responsible for the "Math is hard!" Barbie.

EDIT: Hahahaha. This book got poo poo on so hard the publisher removed it from circulation and stopped printing it. And it's only two years old. Some of the 5-star reviews on Amazon are gold.

http://www.amazon.com/Actress-Compu...ar&pageNumber=1

Proteus Jones has a new favorite as of 01:39 on Aug 7, 2015