Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Holyshoot posted:

Minfilla windup minion for sale on mog station. How fast will we be kicked out of the FC for having one of those?

You have already been removed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

TooManyUzukis posted:

A fully complete relic weapon will reportedly give you a leg up on the new one, but the extent of this boost is unknown. It likely won't be worth the time/money invested, but who knows.

It's not even known if it's a boost. All that's been said is that zenith havers will get something. Could just be extra cutscenes.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Failboattootoot posted:

It's not even known if it's a boost. All that's been said is that zenith havers will get something. Could just be extra cutscenes.

Is that gonna be like how 1.0 players get an extra scene in the 2.0 story end cutscene.

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer

Eej posted:

Is that gonna be like how 1.0 players get an extra scene in the 2.0 story end cutscene.

I hope the extra cutscene is the smith guy reverently and gingerly taking your relic weapon from you, violently prying some part off of it, and throwing the rest in the garbage.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

The Chairman posted:

Cactuar is a popular alternative, but I am pretty sure that's locked right now too

Nope unlocked, rolled up there time to kill some elves or something

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Antlions posted:

You have already been removed.

:smith:

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
If its anything like the 1.0->2.0 transition, people with zetas will be able to skip the very first step and people without will have to do some sort of quest to find/make the base relic.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

bonewitch posted:

If its anything like the 1.0->2.0 transition, people with zetas will be able to skip the very first step and people without will have to do some sort of quest to find/make the base relic.

Well gently caress me I've wasted a lot of time then. Might as well level botany while I wait for it.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Your zodiac zeta converts into a single materia V you can affix directly to the new relic, allowing you to skip one alexandrite. Please look forward to it.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

RC Cola posted:

Well gently caress me I've wasted a lot of time then. Might as well level botany while I wait for it.

Zetas look cool and therefore cannot be a waste. Fashion is important.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

RC Cola posted:

Well, they'll probably also allow you to carry over and change sub stats, but considering a) that they shat all over the relevance of substats and b) crit/det is no longer the best for everything ever, its a small consolation

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

El Cid posted:

I hope the extra cutscene is the smith guy reverently and gingerly taking your relic weapon from you, violently prying some part off of it, and throwing the rest in the garbage.

Especially going by how the later Zodiac quests go, I wouldn't put it past them :v:

My best guess for what you get to skip is that the new relic will require something like 100 materia, 25 of which being Materia Vs, and if you use your old relic, you get to skip the first 75. This is why when prices on materia plummeted when 3.0 came out I went ahead and perfect statted mine.

bonewitch posted:

Well, they'll probably also allow you to carry over and change sub stats, but considering a) that they shat all over the relevance of substats and b) crit/det is no longer the best for everything ever, its a small consolation

I'd be curious to know what would be better for Warrior as crit is important for jerkin' it to fell cleave and det isn't as punchy but it's still good. I can't think of another stat I'd like to stack. I do seem an rear end whisper away from enough skill speed for another GCD during berserk maybe?

Boten Anna fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Aug 6, 2015

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Boten Anna posted:

Especially going by how the later Zodiac quests go, I wouldn't put it past them :v:

My best guess for what you get to skip is that the new relic will require something like 100 materia, 25 of which being Materia Vs, and if you use your old relic, you get to skip the first 75. This is why when prices on materia plummeted when 3.0 came out I went ahead and perfect statted mine.

I'd be curious to know what would be better for Warrior as crit is important for jerkin' it to fell cleave and det isn't as punchy but it's still good. I can't think of another stat I'd like to stack.

Crit/Det is probably still best given that they only have one dot. Stuff like SMN and BRD will probably stack skill speed a lot more assuming the scaling on them aren't garbage.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Boten Anna posted:

there are people who actually believe this for real, like the slapfight i saw in cwh global where two guys started having a pissing contest over how many zetas they had, then how many relic +1s they had in ffxi, and so forth. it turned out they both had everything ever, what a coincidence

the only thing we know is that it's not required, and it probably won't be enormous just because drk/ast/mch don't have arr relics

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

sword_man.gif posted:

there are people who actually believe this for real, like the slapfight i saw in cwh global where two guys started having a pissing contest over how many zetas they had, then how many relic +1s they had in ffxi, and so forth. it turned out they both had everything ever, what a coincidence

the only thing we know is that it's not required, and it probably won't be enormous just because drk/ast/mch don't have arr relics

FWIW, I believe the reward is "for finishing a Zeta, not necessarily that class'. Which really narrows down how big it could be, when you think about it.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
it's all pointless conjecture until they reveal anything about the relics cause we don't even know what's involved yet anyways, so i say that if you finished a zeta there's a cutscene where yoship comes out of an interdimensional portal, hands your character a trophy and kisses you on the mouth

the trophy is furniture

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

sword_man.gif posted:

it's all pointless conjecture until they reveal anything about the relics cause we don't even know what's involved yet anyways, so i say that if you finished a zeta there's a cutscene where yoship comes out of an interdimensional portal, hands your character a trophy and kisses you on the mouth

the trophy is furniture

Can it be an Atma Fairy statue instead?

Now I hope it's an Atma Fairy statue

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
custom-made statues are expensive the trophy is just a generic golden-colored plastic cup with WORLD'S BEST GRANDPA inscribed on the base

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

If it won't bankrupt you, finishing one zeta might me nice just to have it and get the achievements out of the way. I haven't gotten Alex since the expansion came out, but I think I'll try and blitz through the rest of the quests this months to finish my Nirvana. If the leg-up ends up being "any one Zeta", then that works out for my WAR too!

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
They've added items from last year's Moonfaire Faire and anniversary event to the Mog Station. $2 for the Bomb Dance emote, $3 for each yukata, and $5 each for Thancred and Minfilia minions.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Because I dare not venture into the WoW subforum, I'll say here that the new WoW expansion looks yawn-worthy.

10 levels. Burning Legion returned. Legendary customizable weapons.

Im not even saying this as a hater or anything because I'm not. I just find myself incredibly apathetic toward it.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

Because I dare not venture into the WoW subforum, I'll say here that the new WoW expansion looks yawn-worthy.

Im not even saying this as a hater or anything because I'm not. I just find myself incredibly apathetic toward it.

Why the gently caress are you bringing it in here then?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mordiceius posted:

Ok.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I don't really want to go into the army subforum, but anyone else in the FFXIV thread really want to kill all cops?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I don't really want to go into the drug subforum, but anyone else wanna inject weed into my asscheeks?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Well to make it relevant to FF14, the artifact weapons they're putting in during this expansion basically seem like their take on relic weapons.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Nipponophile posted:

They've added items from last year's Moonfaire Faire and anniversary event to the Mog Station. $2 for the Bomb Dance emote, $3 for each yukata, and $5 each for Thancred and Minfilia minions.

gently caress. I'm gonna spend between 2 and 5 USD on video game poo poo, aren't I? Those Yukata just look so good and I've been jealous of the bomb dance forever.

EDIT: I also got my Sable Death Mask recently and I feel the need to build a glamour for it, just to prove I didn't waste all that time. At least the last quest was fun as hell.

EDIT2: I bought a yukata and the bomb dance five seconds later.

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Aug 6, 2015

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Countblanc posted:

I don't really want to go into the army subforum, but anyone else in the FFXIV thread really want to kill all cops?

yeah

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Mordiceius posted:

Well to make it relevant to FF14, the artifact weapons they're putting in during this expansion basically seem like their take on relic weapons.

Except there are infinity frostmournes and assbringers. They will have to undo their can't transmog legendaries because everyone is going to look the same.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I fantasia'd into a mooncatte because my midlander was starting to get a bit stale. While the animations are much more lively, the ears (how they make a lot of hair look) and how males stand with a really weird posture are starting to bother me. I thought about going Au Ra but I'm not sold on being that big either...life is hard.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

sword_man.gif posted:

Of course they could pull literally anything out of their rear end, but it just makes sense that as a big feature of the relic weapon vs all others is being able to set the stats on it and by all indications this is not letting up in Heavensward, and that there's a new tier of materia and new stat caps at play, it's very likely that the "head start" will be that you don't have to meld a bunch of Tier I-IV materia and only have to do rear end expensive V materia. Maybe you get to farm less neo alexandrite or something too although whatever the method for affixing the materia is will probably work very differently than alexandrite.

Countblanc posted:

im down

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

WoW's stealing the worst version of the FFXIV PvP system

time to lose even more subscribers

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Ouhei posted:

mooncatte

Think I found your problem.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

ilifinicus posted:

Wolves' Den?

WoW already has lovely arena PvP though.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

ilifinicus posted:

I don't understand either can you explain? I saw they are giving pvp skills, time for bloat!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Wonder Turbine posted:

Think I found your problem.

Male characters are cool.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Countblanc posted:

#domanlivesmatter

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ouhei posted:

I fantasia'd into a mooncatte because my midlander was starting to get a bit stale. While the animations are much more lively, the ears (how they make a lot of hair look) and how males stand with a really weird posture are starting to bother me. I thought about going Au Ra but I'm not sold on being that big either...life is hard.

I turned into a lizard girl and they are basically cat girls pt2 except with usually thicker voices and skin problems. I wish I was a potato again.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Tenzarin posted:

I don't understand either can you explain? I saw they are giving pvp skills, time for bloat!
PvP-specific skills that are locked behind leveling up a separate PvP level, which are really good for and only available for PvP. FFXIV removed the level requirement of the skills at some point, but WoW is introducing the system straight up with you having to unlock the abilities by doing more PvP. So you go in without anything that your REALLY want for PvP (like trinket to remove stuns etc) and get shat on until you hit the same level as everyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I turned into a lizard girl and they are basically cat girls pt2 except with usually thicker voices and skin problems. I wish I was a potato again.

Other races have at least one flaw, potatoes are flawless. Shed your excess height and come back to the chosen people.

• Locked thread