Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Palpek posted:

none will be as good as fury road though

*sigh*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

if you liked the new judge dredd you owe it to yourself to watch fury road, it's just one long chase scene with insane vehicle/costume/production design and real car stunts/crashes

i was set to hate the movie after seeing the orange+blue color palette trailer and being the original mad max fan but i just couldn't do it - it's just so good and stylish doing its own thing

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
If you like the new dredd watch The Raid and The Raid 2

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

oh yeah the raids are amazing

also hard boiled

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
just mamas death scene in new dredd

hit the pipe while she's in the tubb

yr welcome

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

syscall girl posted:

just mamas death scene in new dredd

hit the pipe while she's in the tubb

yr welcome

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

thanks al gore!

he personally tasked nasa with this project and wanted this to go up in 2002 but bush cancelled it in 2000 because it had climate monitoring systems on the satellite, so the satellite sat in a warehouse for 14 years before noaa needed a new satellite and this one was sitting in a warehouse and could do all the tasks with a little refurbishment on the cheap. it's sitting at the l1 lagrange point, between the earth and the sun at 4 times the moon's distance there's a spot where the earth's pull out and the sun's pull in causes it to rotate at the exact same speed the earth does around the sun, so it just sits stationary out there doing science, taking a pretty picture once a day, and sending a warning if there is a solar storm incoming.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

how like an angel in apprehension

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

WARNING: Do not try making out with a fan.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Remember Computers??? ONLY 90S KIDS

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

NoneMoreNegative posted:

WARNING: Do not try making out with a fan.

:eyepop:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lmao that dragon i psoted got me to the top of a subreddit and people complaining its not real low-poly

true artists divide the flock

https://www.reddit.com/r/low_poly/

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

SmokaDustbowl posted:

does the new youtube interface have a "watch later" button or did they remove that?

it shows up at the top right on previews

other than that you have to go to the video's page proper and use the "add to" dialog

more clicks, less functionality. sounds like google to me

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

Raithe posted:

Last episode of top gear and the comedy is on point. Solemn, solemn comedy.

top gear is bad, hth

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

i thought yugioh players all had that transforming arm thing

trap sprung i guess

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

echinopsis posted:

lmao that dragon i psoted got me to the top of a subreddit and people complaining its not real low-poly

true artists divide the flock

https://www.reddit.com/r/low_poly/

I would say it's voxel, not low poly. DECeptiVE

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
stolen from dnd:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

prefect posted:

stolen from dnd:

lol

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Palpek posted:

if you liked the new judge dredd you owe it to yourself to watch fury road, it's just one long chase scene with insane vehicle/costume/production design and real car stunts/crashes
i used to say there were 3 perfect action movies - terminator 2, die hard, and aliens

now fury road came out and there are 4, so that's good

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

bloomberg's artwork for their story on the google/eu antitrust deal.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2015-08-06/google-s-6-billion-miscalculation-on-the-eu

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

why does bloomberg seem to have funny tech related stuff

those error pages, now this. oh and that article a week or two ago that said something about someones schadenfruede.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

KoRMaK posted:

why does bloomberg seem to have funny tech related stuff

those error pages, now this. oh and that article a week or two ago that said something about someones schadenfruede.
josh topolsky was hired away from the verge to redesign bloomberg's website. he was fired after less than 1 year of working there.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

fermun posted:

thanks al gore!

he personally tasked nasa with this project and wanted this to go up in 2002 but bush cancelled it in 2000 because it had climate monitoring systems on the satellite, so the satellite sat in a warehouse for 14 years before noaa needed a new satellite and this one was sitting in a warehouse and could do all the tasks with a little refurbishment on the cheap. it's sitting at the l1 lagrange point, between the earth and the sun at 4 times the moon's distance there's a spot where the earth's pull out and the sun's pull in causes it to rotate at the exact same speed the earth does around the sun, so it just sits stationary out there doing science, taking a pretty picture once a day, and sending a warning if there is a solar storm incoming.

al gore is the president we would have had had we not fallen into the alternate biff universe

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

duTrieux. posted:

al gore is the president we would have had had we not fallen into the alternate biff universe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJiBq8CB8dY

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I normally hate this kinda poo poo as I find smoking revolting but goddamn Lena Headey makes it so right

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gnrk posted:

ach that wasn't it the other song was like metal or something not pseudo hip hop but whatever

hey GNRK, someone in the metal thread found it!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q6OlhSmaAA

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Tanith posted:

seeing the blue angels or thunderbirds is a pretty rad experience and i recommend it to everyone

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

tfw people emptyquote my posts

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

sneakin' cookies

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

I missed the Art Bell Flat Earth talk but I don't know if I wanna spend money to access the archives :(

I found this though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK22edvYkvk

It's a weird rant about how baby boomers are gonna be really upset when Flat Earth proves to be true because they wasted all their time on "science" like, really mad about boomers more than anything but also a weird conspiracy guy

e: videos like this are more horrifying than any Slenderman or creepypasta because it's a real live human who is relatively eloquent and does not display any obvious mental disorders and yet he has dedicated his life and study to things like flat earth and lizard mans and how NASA is fake

PipeRifle fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Aug 6, 2015

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

PipeRifle posted:

I missed the Art Bell Flat Earth talk but I don't know if I wanna spend money to access the archives :(

art bell owns, do it

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BqQQ-r3QZI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
didn't flat earthers only pop up, like 100 years ago?

like nobody believed it for 2000-3000 years and then these dudes just got real mad

edit: yup, 1849

theflyingorc fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Aug 6, 2015

• Locked thread