Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Laranzu posted:

Being buttplug should be a probatable offense

At least an avatar change or title. He's gotten rid of the last one I gave him under his old name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.

vulturesrow posted:

Posting a whole loving NAVADMIN that everyone in here is going to have heard of or already read should be grounds for probation, if not banning.

People pls take your navy ad-masturbation bs elsewhere. Forrealz

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
At ECS in holding. There's a lot of MA's. That rate seems pretty horrible and the people useless. Please replace MA with every other rate to match your experience. Namaste.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.
In case anyone wants to prepare for their car washes and hot dog sales, Active Duty Chief results are supposed to be released to the commands approximately right now.

Edit: And they're up.

Octopode fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Aug 5, 2015

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

At ECS in holding. There's a lot of MA's. That rate seems pretty horrible and the people useless. Please replace MA with every other rate to match your experience. Namaste.

But I don't want to stand at the gate

Schlabbalabba
May 10, 2004

I'm a semen, I mean Seaman, I haven't been a semen for 20 years.
A whole lot of "I didn't make Chief" beers going on tonight.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Schlabbalabba posted:

A whole lot of "I didn't make Chief" beers going on tonight.

Sorrow or celebration tho?

Always fun to hear dirtbags explain why they didn't make chief though. Hint: it's never their fault.

Schlabbalabba
May 10, 2004

vulturesrow posted:

Sorrow or celebration tho?

Always fun to hear dirtbags explain why they didn't make chief though. Hint: it's never their fault.

Is my command the only one full of people who either were almost a SEAL or had a full ride for a D1 university to play football UNTIL they messed up their knee? So many knees haha.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Schlabbalabba posted:

Is my command the only one full of people who either were almost a SEAL or had a full ride for a D1 university to play football UNTIL they messed up their knee? So many knees haha.

If my time in taught me anything, it's that you could pool all the undes seamen together (the skinnier the better) and make a football team that would make any probowl lineup shake in their panties.

Also, the same could be said for basketball, baseball, wrestling, soccer and boxing.

Edit: don't forget the wannabe Hemmingways, and dudes just doing their time until they cash out to go to Ivy League law school, on scholarship.

Schlabbalabba
May 10, 2004

bengy81 posted:

If my time in taught me anything, it's that you could pool all the undes seamen together (the skinnier the better) and make a football team that would make any probowl lineup shake in their panties.

Also, the same could be said for basketball, baseball, wrestling, soccer and boxing.

Edit: don't forget the wannabe Hemmingways, and dudes just doing their time until they cash out to go to Ivy League law school, on scholarship.

I don't embellish too much, no need. I did two years at junior college, didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up, joined the navy, and by the time I figured out what I wanted to be when I grew up, it was too late. I am mediocre at slow pitch, good at floor hockey, and good enough to commute via bicycle... The only athletic scholarship I was close to was probably ultimate frisbee.

germskr
Oct 23, 2007

HAHAHA! Ahh Eeeee BPOOF!

maffew buildings posted:

Hahaha how do you go on holding at ECS? I hope you have fun marching everywhere singing Seabee cadences.

If you really wanna gently caress with those fake mall cops, start teasing them about their badge on the blueberries. You could ask them what the gap is supposed to be between name tape and cloth badge vs metal badge, if there's a difference at all and then watch them argue it out amongst themselves. (It's flush and a quarter inch respectively, and now I will go haze myself for knowing that.)

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
So the Reserves Master Chief told me hes working on my orders for October, Which is good news because it's better than my old two jobs back home, but bad news because BCA doesnt matter and I can't even enjoy proper mexican food. Also our Officers brought in donuts after we announced the BCA thing, this is in no way going to backfire.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

squarerandom posted:

So the Reserves Master Chief told me hes working on my orders for October, Which is good news because it's better than my old two jobs back home, but bad news because BCA doesnt matter and I can't even enjoy proper mexican food. Also our Officers brought in donuts after we announced the BCA thing, this is in no way going to backfire.

My Reserve XO unit said C school orders for October are like 99% sure thing.

I know I can be that 1% though. See what happens.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

LingcodKilla posted:

My Reserve XO unit said C school orders for October are like 99% sure thing.

I know I can be that 1% though. See what happens.

Yeah well I've been asking to go to C-school since I got there, and they kept telling me they didn't have the money for it. Then one weekend a new girl comes into our unit and they give her the orders and send her to Pensacola within a few weeks, then she goes to EUCOM for a few months. Guess who i'm working with now :). But it's all good, we throw that in eachothers faces all the time and were buds, but always prepare for that 1%.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

squarerandom posted:

Yeah well I've been asking to go to C-school since I got there, and they kept telling me they didn't have the money for it. Then one weekend a new girl comes into our unit and they give her the orders and send her to Pensacola within a few weeks, then she goes to EUCOM for a few months. Guess who i'm working with now :). But it's all good, we throw that in eachothers faces all the time and were buds, but always prepare for that 1%.

Well October is Cashtober so who knows.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

LingcodKilla posted:

Well October is Cashtober so who knows.

Except coming up on an election year likely means this will be a continuing resolution year, which tends to put a big damper on Cashtober.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

germskr posted:

Hahaha how do you go on holding at ECS? I hope you have fun marching everywhere singing Seabee cadences.

If you really wanna gently caress with those fake mall cops, start teasing them about their badge on the blueberries. You could ask them what the gap is supposed to be between name tape and cloth badge vs metal badge, if there's a difference at all and then watch them argue it out amongst themselves. (It's flush and a quarter inch respectively, and now I will go haze myself for knowing that.)

Someone asked them about the cloth/metal badge thing today and they had a rousing discussion amongst themselves. I'm hoping no further questions are asked. And the surefire way to be in holding at ECS seems to be come over from the Builder or Steel Worker A-School, so at least I already know the Seabee cadences that I hopefully never have to sing again.

germskr
Oct 23, 2007

HAHAHA! Ahh Eeeee BPOOF!

maffew buildings posted:

Someone asked them about the cloth/metal badge thing today and they had a rousing discussion amongst themselves. I'm hoping no further questions are asked. And the surefire way to be in holding at ECS seems to be come over from the Builder or Steel Worker A-School, so at least I already know the Seabee cadences that I hopefully never have to sing again.

TINY BUBBLES
IN MY BEER
MAKES ME HAPPY
MAKES ME HAVE NO FEAR

YOUR LEFT YOUR LEFT
YOUR LEFT RIGHT LEFT

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

germskr posted:

TINY BUBBLES
IN MY BEER
MAKES ME HAPPY
MAKES ME HAVE NO FEAR

YOUR LEFT YOUR LEFT
YOUR LEFT RIGHT LEFT

They got rid of the "makes me feel queer" part? I thought this was a New Navy?

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
only "good" cadence is yellow ribbon

i feel gross for even talking about cadence

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Nwabudike Morgan posted:

only "good" cadence is yellow ribbon

i feel gross for even talking about cadence

As you should.

e. I mean seriously, how am I supposed to take pride in being the most unmilitary of services if you guys keep posting NAVADMINS and talking about cadences and poo poo?

(I know the AF is probably even more unmilitary but they are so far gone I don't even really consider them part of DoD at this point)

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
lol at loving cadence chat.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Gas buttplug

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

orange juche posted:

Gas buttplug

nice assortment of tags

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

nice assortment of tags

:tipshat:

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
Let's get this thread back on track and post dogs.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

bengy81 posted:

Or Asimovs, lol.
This book was written on watch.
E: Not by me, incidentally.

Applewhite fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 6, 2015

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Applewhite posted:

Or Asimovs, lol.
This book was written on watch.
E: Not by me, incidentally.

The synopsis is 99% exposition. Thats never good

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Booblord Zagats posted:

The synopsis is 99% exposition. Thats never good

The main character is named after the author. OS1 (Space Warfare) Coleman.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Applewhite posted:

The main character is named after the author. OS1 (Space Warfare) Coleman.

The Cole hole just got deeper!

(Would be a very great tagline for the book)

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I guess I should start reading this thread now.

Monday I start work at Fallon as a dirty contractor. Anybody there now?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
I was really rooting for one of my former LPOs to make chief. Glad to see he picked it up this cycle! Great guy, model :chiefsay:, we were all a little shocked when he didn't make it last year.

Godholio posted:

:getin:

Where will you be working? If it's BC3 or anything C2 related, I'll have to start leaving lots of even more dicks drawn on the scopes.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I'll have something to do with BC3, but I'm not sure how much. I *think* I'll have to train guys on it for AWF. After an AF buddy trains me on it.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Where you going to live?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

For the first week, a hotel. I've got a handful of rentals I want to look at though. Probably Fernley.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.
Moving to Norfolk next week. Here comes the second tour of my life. Also will have to decide to resign or be lifer in a year. And I still don't know what I'm gonna do when I grow up.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Howard Phillips posted:

Moving to Norfolk next week. Here comes the second tour of my life. Also will have to decide to resign or be lifer in a year. And I still don't know what I'm gonna do when I grow up.

What command you going to?
E: sry, reflex. Don't answer that.
The point is I'm in that area, too.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Howard Phillips posted:

You're a SWO. Just get out. ;)

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Godholio posted:

I guess I should start reading this thread now.

I'm here for the next month or so babysitting pilots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Get that booze monkey off my back!

Chuckle posted:

I'm here for the next month or so babysitting pilots.

A bartender in town for air wing?

• Locked thread