Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

There are a few points in the game where you take a selfie that are unavoidable. The classroom, Max's room, the bathroom (reflection with the butterfly), Chloe's room, and with Warren.

I figure episode 5 will have you going to some or all of those to first undo what happens at the end of episode 4, then to try and stop the storm or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Ekusukariba posted:

Don't worry there's only 66 more days to go :shepicide: (assuming they go for the obvious release of October 11th, same day the last episode is set)

that would be a stupidly large gap between episodes. Way more than the other ones. I think the episode is due out like September 15thish

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The game is also set in 2013, when there actually was a Friday October 11th.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

that would be a stupidly large gap between episodes. Way more than the other ones. I think the episode is due out like September 15thish

well it took 70 days for the last one, and since its the finale it'd assume they'd go all out with the content :shrug:

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Xanderkish posted:

Pretty weird to find out that Max was actually a Soviet Spy the entire time, though. I guess that pink shirt should have tipped us off.

I also thought ending on a musical number was grossly out of place in light of the subject matter.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I really felt like Jefferson knew about the time rewind stuff when he knocked Max out instead of killing her. Hopefully he's not going to be one of those villains who magically know everything.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

lordfrikk posted:

I really felt like Jefferson knew about the time rewind stuff when he knocked Max out instead of killing her. Hopefully he's not going to be one of those villains who magically know everything.
Nah, I think its more that he just wants Max alive so he can just do all that poo poo in the bunker to her because he's always had an interest in her. He didn't give a poo poo about Chloe and she was armed so he just offed her.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
She thought she was 2 cool 4 school.

Then she got schooled.

And by now she's cooled.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

Wiseblood posted:

It always happens.

Oh good we won't have to go back very far to save Chloe then.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Accordion Man posted:

Nah, I think its more that he just wants Max alive so he can just do all that poo poo in the bunker to her because he's always had an interest in her. He didn't give a poo poo about Chloe and she was armed so he just offed her.

Why on the same night as Victoria, though? I think he learned that Max & Chloe were catching onto his scheme and had to quickly get them out of the picture. I do think he suspects there's something more to Max but I'm not sure how that's all gonna shake out yet.

MeatloafCat
Apr 10, 2007
I can't think of anything to put here.
What if he reads Max's journal? We saw it as a real in game item on the desk in episode 1 and I think next to her nightstand in episode 2.

Torgo2727
Oct 24, 2004
Taking Care of the Place While the Master Is Away
What kind of monster reads someone else's diary?

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

exquisite tea posted:

Why on the same night as Victoria, though? I think he learned that Max & Chloe were catching onto his scheme and had to quickly get them out of the picture. I do think he suspects there's something more to Max but I'm not sure how that's all gonna shake out yet.

Maybe he postponed Plan Victoria until he's dealt with Max. I don't think we know whether or not she was taken, do we?

Anyway, whenever Jefferson speaks I can only hear him say "Max, dearest of all my friends!"

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Now I'm sad he doesn't have a ridiculous Russian accent. "Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present Max Caulfield. Arcadia Bay's finest with the biggest selfie count ever."

MeatloafCat posted:

What if he reads Max's journal? We saw it as a real in game item on the desk in episode 1 and I think next to her nightstand in episode 2.

We need playable Jefferson DLC stat.

My my, a wall of Polaroids. A window through time and space or a shattered reflection of Miss Caulfield's narcissistic mind? You be the judge.

Oh look, there's a guitar here too. Because of course there is.

There, Max's journal... Jeffy, you handsome devil. Now to get the gently caress out of this hipster hell.

Wait, what's that? So, self-proclaimed animal lover/pacifist Max Caulfield keeps a caged animal in her room? Maybe we do have something in common.

Torgo2727
Oct 24, 2004
Taking Care of the Place While the Master Is Away

seravid posted:

Now I'm sad he doesn't have a ridiculous Russian accent. "Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present Max Caulfield. Arcadia Bay's finest with the biggest selfie count ever."

"Dearest guests... prepare... to smile."

Torgo2727 fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 6, 2015

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Ha, I didn't realize that they had the same VA.

"Max, dearest of all my students, I was supposed to be the Everyday Hero."

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Great now I want to play Max Payne 2 and be sad about Remedy.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Quantum Break looks like it will be so bland, especially because I don't think it will be as well written as this game.

I want Alan Wake 2.

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

Accordion Man posted:

Ha, I didn't realize that they had the same VA.

They don't. :confused:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Accordion Man posted:

Quantum Break looks like it will be so bland, especially because I don't think it will be as well written as this game.

I want Alan Wake 2.

Comparing quantum break to life is strange any way is pretty dumb, dude.

One's a dumb action game with a guy who makes time bubbles and the other is a twee hipster adventure game.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 6, 2015

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
If Jefferson is going to be Russian, can he wear purple leopardskin during the boss fight?

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

monster on a stick posted:

If Jefferson is going to be Russian, can he wear purple leopardskin during the boss fight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8l5DOfv8Ic

The best boss fight in all of video games.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Just noticed that despite only playing through each episode once, I've put 16 hours into Life Is Strange and only 11 hours into Telltale's Game Of Thrones. (and they've had FIVE episodes!)

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

VagueRant posted:

Just noticed that despite only playing through each episode once, I've put 16 hours into Life Is Strange and only 11 hours into Telltale's Game Of Thrones. (and they've had FIVE episodes!)

Well like 4 of those episodes have just been back to back scenes of people kicking sand in your eyes, so it kind of hurried itself along that way. :v:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

I think that Max was always the person he wanted, and Victoria was plan B. He wanted Max to enter because he would have chosen her as the winner, which would have gotten some private time with her. He keeps pushing her to enter and holds off announcing the winner for as long as he can, and only goes with Victoria after Max doesn't enter.

Then he found out that Max and Chloe had discovered the dark room, but didn't know of his involvement. So he went and kidnapped Max, who he's always had his eye on, and Chloe was just someone to get rid of. I think Victoria is still going to end up in the dark room, but depending on if Max warned her and if she believed it, either help Max out by pretending to be drugged, or just actually be drugged.

David will probably show up to be the actual person who saves Max and bitchslap Jefferson for killing Chloe. Then Max will use one of her selfies to go back and change everything that happened.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Paul Zuvella posted:

Comparing quantum break to life is strange any way is pretty dumb, dude.

One's a dumb action game with a guy who makes time bubbles and the other is a twee hipster adventure game.
I was only referring to the writing and shooters can totally have good writing. (Like any of Starbreeze/Machine Game's games.)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

I think that Max was always the person he wanted, and Victoria was plan B. He wanted Max to enter because he would have chosen her as the winner, which would have gotten some private time with her. He keeps pushing her to enter and holds off announcing the winner for as long as he can, and only goes with Victoria after Max doesn't enter.

Then he found out that Max and Chloe had discovered the dark room, but didn't know of his involvement. So he went and kidnapped Max, who he's always had his eye on, and Chloe was just someone to get rid of. I think Victoria is still going to end up in the dark room, but depending on if Max warned her and if she believed it, either help Max out by pretending to be drugged, or just actually be drugged.

David will probably show up to be the actual person who saves Max and bitchslap Jefferson for killing Chloe. Then Max will use one of her selfies to go back and change everything that happened.

Well, one other thing is that it's Victoria's empty binder we see next in the dark room file cabinet. I don't remember even seeing one there for Max although I could be mistaken. And Nathan seems clearly under orders to drug + nab Victoria after the party. Blondes seem to be more Jefferson's type, although I'm not sure if that's just a coincidence.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

Well, one other thing is that it's Victoria's empty binder we see next in the dark room file cabinet. I don't remember even seeing one there for Max although I could be mistaken. And Nathan seems clearly under orders to drug + nab Victoria after the party. Blondes seem to be more Jefferson's type, although I'm not sure if that's just a coincidence.

The binder for Victoria only shows up on that night, though. We see those binders at the end of a couple episodes and Kate's is always the last.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Codependent Poster posted:

The binder for Victoria only shows up on that night, though. We see those binders at the end of a couple episodes and Kate's is always the last.

Rachel's binder was the last in ep1, Kate's was revealed in ep2 - on a table, like it was just recently finished. Victoria's only showing up now (at least, to us players) just means Jefferson doesn't go around shooting girls while thinking of somebody else. He's a gentleman.

Speaking of, Rachel had been missing for months before he did Kate's session but now, just a few days later, Victoria's is apparently already in the works. Things are certainly gearing up.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Sorry I'm late. Had to skip almost a thousand posts, too, so bear with me.

The whole alternate reality thing was completely and utterly pointless, save for introducing Max's power to travel through time using photos. Since we've only got one episode left, I strongly suspect that Max will use the selfie she's made in the very beginning to stop everything from happening, but will also need to sacrifice herself, because the alternate reality has taught us about balance or whatever. Like some stupid Donnie Darko knock off. Which this game is.

Again, sorry if this was discussed, but who the hell was Megan? I imagine they wouldn't have mentioned her without a reason. But more importantly, how 'priceless' is a pun? Also, 'bum'? I think something's gone wrong with translation there.

And, of course, lol at binders full of women.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Paladinus posted:

But more importantly, how 'priceless' is a pun?

Her name is Chloe Price :rimshot:

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

Paladinus posted:

Sorry I'm late. Had to skip almost a thousand posts, too, so bear with me.

The whole alternate reality thing was completely and utterly pointless, save for introducing Max's power to travel through time using photos. Since we've only got one episode left, I strongly suspect that Max will use the selfie she's made in the very beginning to stop everything from happening, but will also need to sacrifice herself, because the alternate reality has taught us about balance or whatever. Like some stupid Donnie Darko knock off. Which this game is.

Again, sorry if this was discussed, but who the hell was Megan? I imagine they wouldn't have mentioned her without a reason. But more importantly, how 'priceless' is a pun? Also, 'bum'? I think something's gone wrong with translation there.

And, of course, lol at binders full of women.

How's she gonna stop the tornado, hot shot?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

shmee posted:

Her name is Chloe Price :rimshot:
:doh: I'm bad at remembering names.

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

How's she gonna stop the tornado, hot shot?
Jump into it and rewind it all the way back to dinosaurs. Hopefully.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

youre trying really hard not to like this game but playing it anyway

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Trabandiumium posted:

No see he's playing it ironically. There's a difference

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Trabandiumium posted:

I unironically liked puzzles in episode 4. Hope that they've got some left for episode 5 and it doesn't end with a pop quiz.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
There are many things to complain about in this game and Paladinus is right about the alternate reality poo poo.

Case in point: Chloe got shot in the head and you can't rewind in that instant but nobody cares because we're going to rewind things later with pictures, all the tension of this pivotal moment fading like a ghost deer before being swept away like a blue butterfly in a native american tornado.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
The actual ending is that the tornado was caused by the blue butterly in the bathroom at the beginning as per common misunderstaning of chaos theory.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

seravid posted:

Rachel's binder was the last in ep1, Kate's was revealed in ep2 - on a table, like it was just recently finished. Victoria's only showing up now (at least, to us players) just means Jefferson doesn't go around shooting girls while thinking of somebody else. He's a gentleman.

Speaking of, Rachel had been missing for months before he did Kate's session but now, just a few days later, Victoria's is apparently already in the works. Things are certainly gearing up.

I get the impression that the shoots happen more often it just that Rachel kinda screwed it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Right, Rachel died, all of the other girls had just been drugged and brought back to their rooms or something.

• Locked thread