Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

A Handed Missus posted:

Guessing Drake is dropping 3 Peat on Sunday when his Beats 1 show is back on.

Yeah that makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Dr dre's new album will be streaming on Apple music at 6pm pdt

RHX
Oct 20, 2005
https://itunes.apple.com/station/idra.1027639986

Compton stream is up early

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Yo. This poo poo is really really good so far.

Loose Cannons, Holy poo poo.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Aug 7, 2015

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
This Dre album is really really good so far, I think it blows Kendrick's album out of the water

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

alansmithee posted:

Lil B can actually rap decently when he cares to. He just rarely does, partially because he has absolutely zero quality control and partially due to stylistic choices he makes.

I don't know if he's "wizened up" or whatever since that style got him a decent little fanbase and was/is like super-influential on most every sub-mainstream rap out there that's not straight gangsta poo poo. And a lot of people totally dig the non-sequiturs and adlibs and sloppy rhyming. Although I will say his release schedule seems to have cut dramatically since his heyday so maybe he is evolving a bit and putting more thought behind his music? The mind of the Based God is inscrutable and arcane.

His apartment/basedworld studios burned down earlier this year so I'm guessing that has a large part in him not releasing much this year. But yeah he can put out some quality stuff. So I'm gay or Gods Father.

This is the best track by him though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX-4Cp54WYY

How do I find this in itunes? Clicking that just asks me to download itunes which I already have

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Aug 7, 2015

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Wow This is the first Non-Embarrassing Eminiem verse in a minute. Only one cringe worthy line

Also Kendrick Bodied the hell out of Deep Water.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Aug 7, 2015

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Harminoff posted:

How do I find this in itunes? Clicking that just asks me to download itunes which I already have

If you go to "New" in iTunes there should be a banner at the top with a "Listen Now" button.

Aunt Teefa
Mar 17, 2015

Listening to this on my drive to work, think I got whiplash. This album is breakin necks

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Gah, is it available anywhere that isn't iTunes? I don't even have an iTunes account, I get things off Amazon or artist websites.

meme
Oct 7, 2009

But it's a pretty good way to get someone to spend money on buying you an av and sig. Maybe I should be really obnoxious and get an upgrade myself

Moral of the story: be careful what you wish for.

You are welcome.
Compton is great. Just what I was waiting for. Really like the snoop feature.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

alansmithee posted:

was/is like super-influential on most every sub-mainstream rap out there that's not straight gangsta poo poo.

Tbf he has been incredibly influential on a lot of mainstream rappers too from Rick Ross to A$AP Rocky and there was even all that Lil B stuff with the NBA recently.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

flocka's remix of R.I.C.O
https://soundcloud.com/justwhookid/waka-flocka-x-dj-whoo-kid-rico-flockmix
it's good

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
I like Mac Miller's new single http://www.missinfo.tv/index.php/new-music-mac-miller-100-grandkids/

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Yeah, that's real good.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

I for one think it is cool that Kendrick let Dre release his new album under his name to make way more money

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Harley C posted:

I for one think it is cool that Kendrick let Dre release his new album under his name to make way more money

Kendrick has like 3 verses on a 16-track album

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

HorseRenoir posted:

But how many did he ghostwrite?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

HorseRenoir posted:

And yet its better than TPAB

E: kendrick shots at drake?!??

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Aug 7, 2015

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

But how many did he ghostwrite?

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

#DREDAYGATE

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

HorseRenoir posted:

Kendrick probably wrote like all of Dre's verses.

Dre's verse on Animals is like 110% Kendrick Lamar.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Anyone listen to Chief Keef's Bang 3 yet? I want to like the track Superheroes, but all I can think of when I listen to it is "He-Man's not a superhero..."

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
New dre is good. There is literally no song that isn't good. But there is no edge to any of it and after one listen through there is not a single song that I really wanted to hear again immediately.

Skittle Wood
Dec 10, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

New dre is good. There is literally no song that isn't good. But there is no edge to any of it and after one listen through there is not a single song that I really wanted to hear again immediately.

I wouldn't say it's really anything new, but maybe that's the point. It seems he wants this to be his last album, so for that reason I doubt he wanted to take risks. Probably has to do with his dissatisfaction over where Detox went.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Yeah I don't really care what he says it is, it's not his album. It's a soundtrack compilation album with Dre's name on it. Which I guess gets him off the hook for being compared to the Chronic's because it's really nothing *special*

It's decently good otherwise though, even though I'll never listen to it again in full. The beat midway through Eminem's verse is cool. Don't know what the gently caress effects Dre used on his voice throughout because other than his lyrics I almost wasn't sure it was him rapping. Still not a Dre album.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

it's a dre album and it's not a soundtrack because most of the songs aren't going to be in the movie (if any at all). he sounds different because he's 50 years old. get over your boner for grandpa rappers

you always post about how jay-z and now dre can do no wrong like their legacy is going to be destroyed forever just because they released a bad album (i like this album though)

Budget Prefuse fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Aug 7, 2015

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

No I mean Dre's voice doesn't sound like a 50 year old rapper voice. It sounds different than anytime I've heard him in the past few years, not older or anything but like an entirely different person. And I couldn't care less about Dre's legacy, haven't been much of a fan of anything he's done in the past 10 years. And I guess I care about Jay's legacy, but I genuinely enjoyed MCHG.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

i actually liked MCHG a lot too to be honest. also my bad if you dont care about dre that much. i've just seen a lot of people claim it's not actually an album because they don't want to admit dre didnt make The Best Album Ever and drop another classic

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Look out for detox

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

word to dr dre detox is like a mix away

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
What the gently caress is going on with Jay Rock's album https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_VAPhvT-vE

This song is terrible but I wish they would just announce a release date already

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TDE's management sucks balls is what

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I couldn't recognize Dr Dre in the album either :lol: but I still think the album is good.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Quantum of Phallus posted:

word to dr dre detox is like a mix away

Q, Q, q, q ... q ...

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I couldn't recognize Dr Dre in the album either :lol: but I still think the album is good.

It's weird as hell, Dre somehow sounds older on 2001 than he does here.

To quote Juicy J: HOW YOU DO THAT MANE?

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

HorseRenoir posted:

What the gently caress is going on with Jay Rock's album https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_VAPhvT-vE

This song is terrible but I wish they would just announce a release date already

This song is pretty good, actually. It's the weirdo ODB-like hook that isn't.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Yeah that's really good. Hoping Flockaveli 2 is any good but it's so hard to tell.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

A Handed Missus posted:

It's weird as hell, Dre somehow sounds older on 2001 than he does here.

To quote Juicy J: HOW YOU DO THAT MANE?

HGH probably warped his vocal cords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The biggest surprise on the album was Xzibit to me lmao