Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Harley C posted:

Autistic people often operate in hive minds you will find

Like you two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Rad Lieutenant posted:

PYF Shitfit About American Gun Ownership I guess.

They didn't follow proper form and post them with appropriate tacticats.

Not seen: four new lacey as gently caress bras for the hot summer weather and an empty wallet. My tits were goddamn roasting in them old pushups.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:
Beard - Check
Craft beer - Check
Beard Oil - Check
Beard Comb - Hipster transformation complete.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

I guess it's good thing I'm on the manly man page.

It was kind of a pricey day, but goddamn it I'm sick of bad shaves and ingrown hairs.

I'm not 100% sold on the DE razor yet but boar bristle brush + hard soap has been a massive improvement for me. I'll probably never go back to canned gel / foams again.

For me:

Kindle Voyage. Love the ambidextrous controls.

The Phantom Pain a.k.a. what will be consuming all my free time for the rest of the year.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Coffee And Pie posted:

It was kind of a pricey day, but goddamn it I'm sick of bad shaves and ingrown hairs.

...but these are to REMOVE hair which isn't very manly.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

x2 So many kid's toys

Because I lost my last one kayaking. This one comes with a wrist strap, thanks for not including one last time, gopro.

Not all my shorts have pockets and walking and holding my smartphone? Tut tut.

*prepares for outrage over boots* These are for when I do projects around the house.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Zahi posted:

Way to get all passionate about people's hobbies as supporting some war complex you fuckin dweeb.

Also your shirt sucks.

I like the color. You should sort those laces out though. Straight bar laces for life.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Had all this sitting in a cart last night, decided I couldn't wait this morning.

http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Max-Original-Picture-Soundtrack/dp/B00UART6C6/

http://www.amazon.com/Art-Mad-Max-Fury-Road/dp/1783298162/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1401259030

Also bought a scarf, some below the elbow gloves, and two packs of foam for crafting a costume. Mass Effect 3 for PC was also purchased the other day.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

dreesemonkey posted:

*prepares for outrage over boots* These are for when I do projects around the house.
I have these boots, they're great. I got them as my winter boots but I also wear them doing jobs around home or if it's wet out. They're a bit too bulky for general wear though.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Oneiros posted:

I'm not 100% sold on the DE razor yet but boar bristle brush + hard soap has been a massive improvement for me. I'll probably never go back to canned gel / foams again.

I'm the exact opposite. The DE razor with Feather blades is an absolutely massive improvement over any multibladed razor I have ever tried. After trying four different highly rated shave soaps/creams, I never found one that I thought was any better than Edge Sensitive Gel, and they just took way longer.

Coffee and Pie: The assorted pack of razors is neat, but just order Feathers. The Goon shaving thread warns that they are NINJA SHARP, but I have cut myself a whopping one time in the last 8 months using them. They are so much smoother than any other blade in my variety pack. Astras were good, but still a distant second.

Recent Purchase:

It's going to be 103 today. This should be fun to install....

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.
Here is my firearm, as legally defined by the Federal Laws and Statutes of the United States of America :911::

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

Here is my firearm, as legally defined by the Federal Laws and Statutes of the United States of America :911::

Thanks to TFR, I can never unsee Aero's logo as a headless man sitting on the edge of a toilet.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Pretty decent for girls boots.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Coffee And Pie posted:

I've tried Astras and they work well. Sharks were dull as hell for me and just pulled hairs. Never tried the other two.

Now what has been really sweet has been Personas. They are about twice as expensive as Astras but are soooo worth it. I think you can find a pack of 100 on amazon for $30-$35.

Oneiros posted:

You should give it a shot. With a good quality blade it's a world of difference over the stupid multi blade disposables. The handle is the worst part as far as cost goes, once you're over that hump just buy blades and soap off amazon.

I recently bought random electronics parts -- a couple Adafruit Trinkets, Zener diodes, a small TFT display, other stuff. And a gun, lol.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Opposite of Parts Kit, I actually get the best shave with Sharks. The lesson here is to try them all as every person has their own sweet spot.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

God bless the ATF :911:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm 100% on board with AR15 lower receivers being the "gun". Makes buying/selling/swapping upper halves a lot easier.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Practically it's not bad, but logically it's straight :psyduck:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Parts Kit posted:

I've tried Astras and they work well. Sharks were dull as hell for me and just pulled hairs. Never tried the other two.

Now what has been really sweet has been Personas. They are about twice as expensive as Astras but are soooo worth it. I think you can find a pack of 100 on amazon for $30-$35.

Yeah I don't really like feathers but Personas are rad and have been my go to blade for years

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Hi, I'm autistic and like to support murder, so I picked this up recently

I also got my girlfriend who used to hate guns, now asking to go to the range with me.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Drythe posted:

Hi, I'm autistic and like to support murder, so I picked this up recently

I also got my girlfriend who used to hate guns, now asking to go to the range with me.

Murder-bros! :hfive:

Content:
I snagged one of these as well, along with a styptic pen, and alum block and another 50 pack of Feather blades. Shave my head as a pre-emptive strike against genetics, and friend of mine swears by double edge razors so I thought I'd give it a go. All stocked up on bandages :)

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Feather blades are perfect. I shave with only hot water and a safety razor with a Feather. People think I'm crazy for not using shaving cream, but it's seriously so sharp, I never cut myself or get razor burn.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

PerrineClostermann posted:

Practically it's not bad, but logically it's straight :psyduck:
If you want gun laws to exist at all then you have to declare some individual part to be inherently a gun. Gun owners loving love rules lawyering. If only a complete and functional firearm required paperwork then the entire market would be made up of over-the-counter half-guns that snap together like legos. (The AR-15 market mostly is, anyway, but that half is a gun.)

Edit: if you really minmax the NFA you can have one gun made up of at least four firearms

Pitch has a new favorite as of 22:41 on Aug 6, 2015

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

PCOS Bill posted:

Today I wanted to buy a set of spark plugs for my bike. Okay, great. Hit up Amazon, I have Prime!

Spark plugs are "Add-on" only unless I want to pay shipping. So I wind up with about a $200 order because, well, if I'm ordering from Amazon I might as well pick up a new air filter, and grab an oil filter while I'm at it, and oh I need a new power strip for the living room as I've outgrown the 6-out and by the end of my shopping I've hit $200 or so.

Shipping notifications came in a couple hours later.

The majority of it all came from one distribution center, but spark plugs came from another distribution center, shipped separately anyhow.

gently caress you Amazon.

And they arrived today, shipped yesterday morning, overnight shipping.

Look how economical it is to make them Add-on only! Less packaging, less shipping costs, less waste! Hah!

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pitch posted:

If you want gun laws to exist at all then you have to declare some individual part to be inherently a gun. Gun owners loving love rules lawyering. If only a complete and functional firearm required paperwork then the entire market would be made up of over-the-counter half-guns that snap together like legos. (The AR-15 market mostly is, anyway, but that half is a gun.)

Edit: if you really minmax the NFA you can have one gun made up of at least four firearms

Never said the NFA or ATF were logical either :psyduck:

That poo poo needs some serious reforming. And less recursive definitions.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Get rid of the NFA, strip out 99% of gun laws, nationwide open/concealed carry without a license should be legal

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

PCOS Bill posted:

Get rid of the NFA, strip out 99% of gun laws, nationwide open/concealed carry without a license should be legal

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

America: Literally a failed government waiting to happen

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

PCOS Bill posted:

...so what is the 1% of gun laws you'd keep :allears:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Geoj posted:

...so what is the 1% of gun laws you'd keep :allears:

Well, you obviously can't have a shotgun with a barrel that's too short. That'd be unsafe.

Phineus
Jul 21, 2008

Good to the last drop.

Parts Kit posted:

You should give it a shot. With a good quality blade it's a world of difference over the stupid multi blade disposables. The handle is the worst part as far as cost goes, once you're over that hump just buy blades and soap off amazon.

I recently bought random electronics parts -- a couple Adafruit Trinkets, Zener diodes, a small TFT display, other stuff. And a gun, lol.

Step 1. Buy Feathers

Step 2. Never buy any other kind blade

Step 3. Profit

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I bought a safety razor and feather blades and won't look back.

Trumper's soaps suck a fat dick for lathering though. Thankfully a local business called Soapy Bathman makes incredible smelling and lathering soaps and balms for literally less than half what I paid for Geo. Desperado in particular smells like leather and bourbon and is loving amazing.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
Not a purchase just yet but a stainless feather razor is on massdrop at the moment.

FYI to anyone else wanting to trim those neckbeards.

https://www1.massdrop.com/buy/feather-all-stainless

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Phineus posted:

Step 1. Buy Feathers

Step 2. Never buy any other kind blade

Step 3. Profit

I'd say buy a sampler pack of blades and then buy the one you like most. Feathers are not for everyone (especially people who happen to have a more aggressive razor). I personally love Voshkods and Astras just as much as feathers.

Some content of my own :

200$ worth of those (not my picture) which will hopefully save me thousands of $ in the long run + won't make me feel like every effort I've made to be green in my life just got cancelled by all the poop filled pieces of plastic I'd be throwing in the landfils. That or it will make me hate life and I'll burn them and regret 50$ or so I'll lose by reselling them.

This thing to help remove the poo poo from the first buy

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer
KEEN Vero Low, love em & a bit more work appropriate than my hiking boots.

Derek of the Andes
Dec 10, 2009

Sounds like what I do in the bath

M42
Nov 12, 2012

trackday bro!!

tire!

safety wire!

boots!

:homebrew:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013