anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Nagato posted:

I wonder how many people actually watched this debate. We've got a full year until the convention and I feel like a lot of voters are still tuned out. On the other hand, it was far, far more entertaining than any of the 2008 or 2012 debates I watched

there were a lot on the youtube stream

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Nagato posted:

I wonder how many people actually watched this debate. We've got a full year until the convention and I feel like a lot of voters are still tuned out. On the other hand, it was far, far more entertaining than any of the 2008 or 2012 debates I watched

This was definitely the most entertaining debate I've watched in a while. Biden / Palin was definitely funnier, between Palin being adorable, Biden cracking jokes, and the undeniable sexual tension in the room.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Nagato posted:

I wonder how many people actually watched this debate. We've got a full year until the convention and I feel like a lot of voters are still tuned out. On the other hand, it was far, far more entertaining than any of the 2008 or 2012 debates I watched

My impression was that most people don't really start tuning in until much later.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
my guess is fox is trying to position fiorina and carson upward by declaring them the winners, will probably go with rubio next, just so the top five field looks way more diverse than the democratic one.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Dirk Pitt posted:

I don't think Trump came off as bad as Fox is saying.

Focus groups shouldn't be taken too seriously, but they're also a good reminder that most of the people have no loving clue who any of the candidates are or why they should support one over another at this point.

Also, a lot of people are just idiots, like the guy who came in as a Trump supporter but was turned off because he thought Trump was too mean and bombastic.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I watched the kiddy debates and I don't see any reason for anyone to think Fiorina won. Fox is just trying to push that as the narrative because it serves their ends.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Walker is literally a clear and present danger to everything your country theoretically stands for, and his agenda and policies need to be stopped at all costs.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Meridian posted:

Aren't moderators supposed to, you know, call out bullshit?

There was that bit where they said "ok, 30 more seconds to actually answer the question" but then he still didn't, so

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

THE loving MOON posted:

Whoever it is taking over for Jon Stewart is going to get everything he needs in the next year and a half to make his career. :allears:

It's this guy, Trevor Noah:

I don't really like him that much but we'll see what he can do with all of this god drat free fodder.

His first Daily Show is Sep. 28th.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Nagato posted:

I wonder how many people actually watched this debate. We've got a full year until the convention and I feel like a lot of voters are still tuned out. On the other hand, it was far, far more entertaining than any of the 2008 or 2012 debates I watched

Huffpo is estimating up to 15 million, which would be breaking for a live cable program.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Mister Macys posted:

Walker is literally a clear and present danger to everything your country theoretically stands for, and his agenda and policies need to be stopped at all costs.

Proud captain of a sinking ship.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Full Battle Rattle posted:

If the republicans were smart Kasich would get the nom. He would probably be the hardest to beat in the general.

fortunately, they're idiots

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Is it possible Fox is trying to sink Trump? I mean really, I won't vote for him, but he wasn't the disaster Luntz and Krauthamer called him.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I just can't see the country getting behind Rubio for some reason. He just has no charisma at all, to me.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Carrasco posted:

There was that bit where they said "ok, 30 more seconds to actually answer the question" but then he still didn't, so

This is why they need mic cutoffs. The bell should be the "ten seconds remaining" warning.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dirk Pitt posted:

Is it possible Fox is trying to sink Trump? I mean really, I won't vote for him, but he wasn't the disaster Luntz and Krauthamer said.

they spent the entire debate trying to sink him and it backfired amazingly.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Yeah, that debate was an unmitigated disaster for the RNC. Fox is desperately attempting damage control on Trump, but I think it's too late.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

fool_of_sound posted:

Yeah, that debate was an unmitigated disaster for the RNC. Fox is desperately attempting damage control on Trump, but I think it's too late.

It was always to late

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
trump is frankstein's monster

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:

Ignite Memories posted:

I watched the kiddy debates and I don't see any reason for anyone to think Fiorina won. Fox is just trying to push that as the narrative because it serves their ends.

I slept through the kiddy table, but Vox thinks she won and gives a decent amount of evidence

http://www.vox.com/2015/8/6/9113989/carly-fiorina-fox-news-debate/in/8877912

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Dirk Pitt posted:

Is it possible Fox is trying to sink Trump? I mean really, I won't vote for him, but he wasn't the disaster Luntz and Krauthamer called him.

theyre 100% doing that.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

spacemang_spliff posted:

trump is frankstein's monster

:foxnews:enstein

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Trump was pretty masterful. Hopefully this means that the candidates will take their gloves off and go full negative against him only to find he can fling poo poo on an industrial scale.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Nagato posted:

I slept through the kiddy table, but Vox thinks she won and gives a decent amount of evidence

http://www.vox.com/2015/8/6/9113989/carly-fiorina-fox-news-debate/in/8877912

Based on the lead up to the main event, it was all centered around one snippet where she brushed off some criticism. They were pretty stoked about that, I guess.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

There weren't any winners at the Kiddie Debate, only losers.

Santorum came off as the one who was the most prepared and seemed actually passionate about winning, so I guess he gets the gold star.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Michael Scott posted:

It's this guy, Trevor Noah:

I don't really like him that much but we'll see what he can do with all of this god drat free fodder.

His first Daily Show is Sep. 28th.

Crap, I didn't realize we'd have to wait that long. :(

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

ElrondHubbard posted:

There weren't any winners at the Kiddie Debate, only losers.

Santorum came off as the one who was the most prepared and seemed actually passionate about winning, so I guess he gets the gold star.

Has the most to (re)gain since 2012.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

It was always to late

Always has been, always will be.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Oh my god.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

What.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Those are "Help me" eyes

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

I refuse to believe those are the three people they clearly appear to be

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Jesus loving christ we have got to get bernie the win on this one.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So I'm thinking of making some Trump posters in the vein of my Bernie Sanders posters but with the words "Make America Yooge Again." Anyone think that would turn out interesting/worth having?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mordiceius posted:

So I'm thinking of making some Trump posters in the vein of my Bernie Sanders posters but with the words "Make America Yooge Again." Anyone think that would turn out interesting/worth having?

imagine i copy pasted yes a billion times here

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

sullat posted:

Really? You think Rubio's promise to unleash the hounds of the IRS on religion will be applauded by the base?

That was Cruz's plan. Rubio told us about is parents...AGAIN.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
I missed the Fox News Debate because of the Canadian Election stuff happening at the same time. Fill me in. What happened?

  • Locked thread