Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the series are berserk, trigun and vinland saga respectively if you don't just want to blindly click

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

It's probably still not perfect, but hey at least it's QCed!

There's no such thing as a perfect translation, but this is much better! Sorry if came across as a jerk critiquing something unfinished.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Wittgen posted:

There's no such thing as a perfect translation, but this is much better! Sorry if came across as a jerk critiquing something unfinished.

Oh, no worries. I took it as someone who legit noticed something wrong. Thanks for helping point it out! (It was fixed before I came back on to SA, but if it hadn't have been fixed, I would've gone right back and fixed it :D)

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Well I just read like 5 volumes of this manga and maybe 10 pages of this thread, and it's been a wild ride. This really is great :drac:

Principal is easily the best character, but there's not really any bad ones. Unless you count Shima.

(sort of) raw spoilers: The "new" character: :cripes:

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Shima is the worst. :allears:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
The absolute worst. :allears:

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014
I think this pretty much sums up my reaction to chapter 86.

The principal is always so awesome.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
All hail the principal for making this happen.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I want Aizawa to get together with someone :(

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

DoubleDonut posted:

I want Aizawa to get together with someone :(

The problem is that there isn't anyone in the plot right now that she has an interest in excluding Kuromine. Maybe the future?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

aizawa should learn she doesn't need to be in a relationship to be happy

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mikan gets Oka, Shiho gets Sakura, and Aizawa gets Shima.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

how cruel, terper

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Terper posted:

Mikan gets Oka, Shiho gets Sakura, and Aizawa gets Shima.

Aizawa doesn't deserve that. Nobody deserves Shima except Shima.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Terper posted:

Mikan gets Oka, Shiho gets Sakura, and Aizawa Ryou gets Shima.

ftfy

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Isn't Shima already going out with her brother? She shouldn't ruin the "perfect" relationship: two lovely people that make each other's lives more lovely.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Okay, yes, but Shiho and Sakura would be cute.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I thought Aizawa and Akane would go along well, but now that I've thought about it, I believe Aizawa should hook up with Akari. One bakes cake, the other is Christmas cake :haw:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Covok posted:

Isn't Shima already going out with her brother? She shouldn't ruin the "perfect" relationship: two lovely people that make each other's lives more lovely.

I second this wholeheartedly.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Terper posted:

Okay, yes, but Shiho and Sakura would be cute.

This would have never occurred to me, but seems correct.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hey, not Truthism related but the first chapter of "How to make an invisible man" by the author has been translated and can be seen here.

It's nothing like Truthism, and there's very little in terms of comedy. It looks like horror at a glance, but I'd personally classify it as a thriller / drama, as its focus isn't on the supernatural. Most of the goofy expressions that show up in Truthism don't really appear here, but the terrifying expressions often seen on Akane's face make a return and for once they're appropriate.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Just to reiterate, it's nothing like Truthism. Not a comedy at all, very psychological, and only one volume. I liked it though!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

new chapter

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Jitsu-wa-Watashi-wa/Vol-010-Ch-087--Let-s-talk-openly-?id=237953

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

anime girls rolling around on the floor is very important

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That's all, folks.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Very powerful faces this chapter.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Youko a cute!
Cute!!!
I really wish Aizawa could get a happy ending too but dumbpire is just too adorable.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

chumbler posted:

That's all, folks ☆

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

Very powerful faces this chapter.

The most powerful face is the unseen one

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
It annoys me that Karen's sole purpose as a character is to get clowned by Akane.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'd say that's more Koumoto's deal. Karen's a connection to Youko's parents' time in the school, plus she had that chapter with Aizawa's brother.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the romance getting resolved has kinda sidelined the secondary girls so hopefully they get some more screentime soon

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

RIP.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Youko is still the cutest.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

StandardVC10 posted:

It annoys me that Karen's sole purpose as a character is to get clowned by Akane.

I'm hoping for a chapter where the halo falls out of its fixture while she's below it and she spends the whole chapter oblivious.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Actually, everyone's purpose in this manga is to get clowned by Akane. Rename it "Jitsu wa Watashi wa The Principal".

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I fully support a sleeper and/or choke hold on Shima. That aside, i'm sad that this chapter wont be animated anytime soon or ever because gudDAMN.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Terper posted:

Actually, everyone's purpose in this manga is to get clowned by Akane. Rename it "Jitsu wa Watashi wa The Principal".

:agreed:

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I fully support a sleeper and/or choke hold on Shima. That aside, i'm sad that this chapter wont be animated anytime soon or ever because gudDAMN.

While the Principal is the best, Shima is just the absolute worst. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rest in Peace Shima
You were the best worst

• Locked thread