Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Jeb Bush
Scott Walker
Mike Huckabee
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Rand Paul
Chris Christie
John Kasich
View Results

• Locked thread
ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
"John" Hannity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Barack Obama - The Rock
Donald Trump - Vince McMahon
Jeb Bush - Chavo Guerrero
Hillary Clinton - Dixie Carter
Bernie Sanders - Steve Austin

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Mo_Steel posted:

Rand Paul as Shane McMahon (dorky son of a guy who had some actual power) maybe?

My knowledge of wrestling ends in about the year 2000, but this seems perfect to me.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

hannity agreeing with trump on too much money in politics? wtf world are we living in?

The REAL world where REAL conservatives fight special interests and the phony, lying Democratic party is the true home of bought-and-paid-for shills, like Shillery Clinton.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
:stare:

The neurosurgeon talking about waterboarding isn't going far enough.

"Quintessential Trump honesty"

That thing about treating Hillary as an employee was joke.

"Those people giving to charity aren't doing for themselves"

"20 trillion in debt. A politician won't know how to straighten it out."

"I know the game better than anyone."

I lost the rest. I think I stroked out or something.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Boosted_C5 posted:

The REAL world where REAL conservatives fight special interests

Name three. Hell, name one.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

QuoProQuid posted:

Wrap it up, everyone. Drudge has declared a winner.

What a yooooge, luxurious margin of victory.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

EugeneJ posted:

Dixie in politics could be the funniest thing ever.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Why isn't it Hitlery Clinton?

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

Name three. Hell, name one.

Donald Trump
Donald Trump
Donald Trump

Make America Great Again!!!

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Anyone want to provide a summary? I heard on the radio that the debate was yooge and luxurious but I didn't hear much beyond that.

Also :stare: at 7k posts in 3 hours.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

MaxxBot posted:

Anyone want to provide a summary? I heard on the radio that the debate was yooge and luxurious but I didn't hear much beyond that.

Moderators tried to kill Trump. Trump crucified Wallace on national television.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

EugeneJ posted:

Barack Obama - The Rock
Donald Trump - Vince McMahon
Jeb Bush - Chavo Guerrero

bernie watching the debates like

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

EugeneJ posted:

HEELLLLLLLLLLL YEAH

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Animal-Mother posted:

HEELLLLLLLLLLL YEAH

:bahgawd:

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

MaxxBot posted:

Find a stream. There is no summarizing. It had everything. Trump was the brighest, but everyone shone like a crazy, crazy diamond. The moderators as much as anyone.

E: Silly me. Those diamonds didn't get shined by Republicans.

Ceiling fan has issued a correction as of 05:38 on Aug 7, 2015

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Wait does Rubio seriously think Iran can build a rocket that will hit the continental united states?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
i didnt know we needed as many aircrafts as in ww2 or as many warships as in ww1

the faggots of the GOP want to start another war

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

MaxxBot posted:

It was funny, Trump stumbled a bit, Jeb was really bad. No real clear winner, but Rubio did ok. The Luntzorama panel loved Huckabee for some reason. Kasich won the GE crowd, maybe 4% of the GOP.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Rubio is explaining how the Iran deal is going to result in Iran attacking the US with nuclear missiles.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Top City Homo posted:

i didnt know we needed as many aircrafts as in ww2 or as many warships as in ww1

A supercarrier in every driveway a B-52 in every pot

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

MaxxBot posted:

Trump was unscathed. Will bewilder the pundits and continue to poll strong, in much the same way voters sided with Newt vs. the media.

Rubio was good, while Bush was just OK and Walker sucked, so Rubio might be the big winner of the debate even if people don't feel he "won"

Huckabee was really good, which will probably keep him in the race long-term by soldifying the religious right wing behind him. He'll be that guy that quietly finishes 3rd or something with steady, low double-digit support once primaries roll around.

Chris Christie curb-stomped Rand, and Trump took a dump on Rand's lifeless corpse.

John Kasich was good and also religious without coming off as a kook. Will probably improve from borderline Top 10 to Carson/Huck levels of support.

Cruz was bad, hyped up as a debater but gave slow deliberate answers and just threw out slick talking points and one-liners with no substance.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

IF YOU WANT ME TO REFORM WALL STREET AND SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT, GIMME A HELL YEAH

Animal-Mother posted:

HEELLLLLLLLLLL YEAH

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Cardboard Box A posted:

Wait does Rubio seriously think Iran can build a rocket that will hit the continental united states?

No. He thinks that anyone who's worried about Iran posing an existential threat to America can't find both countries on a map, and he's right.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Top City Homo posted:

"Why are we participating in a multinational arms limitation deal when we could be invading them instead?" - Every single one of them

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Demon Of The Fall posted:

My fiancé earlier tonight when Walker was answering the question about not even allowing abortions to save the life of the mother:

"Well that's just the sacrifice you should make for your baby."

tell her to read this, then tell her the marriage is off:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/08/opinion/pregnant-and-no-civil-rights.html?_r=1

quote:

WITH the success of Republicans in the midterm elections and the passage of Tennessee’s anti-abortion amendment, we can expect ongoing efforts to ban abortion and advance the “personhood” rights of fertilized eggs, embryos and fetuses.

But it is not just those who support abortion rights who have reason to worry. Anti-abortion measures pose a risk to all pregnant women, including those who want to be pregnant.

Such laws are increasingly being used as the basis for arresting women who have no intention of ending a pregnancy and for preventing women from making their own decisions about how they will give birth.

How does this play out? Based on the belief that he had an obligation to give a fetus a chance for life, a judge in Washington, D.C., ordered a critically ill 27-year-old woman who was 26 weeks pregnant to undergo a cesarean section, which he understood might kill her. Neither the woman nor her baby survived.

In Iowa, a pregnant woman who fell down a flight of stairs was reported to the police after seeking help at a hospital. She was arrested for “attempted fetal homicide.”

In Utah, a woman gave birth to twins; one was stillborn. Health care providers believed that the stillbirth was the result of the woman’s decision to delay having a cesarean. She was arrested on charges of fetal homicide.

In Louisiana, a woman who went to the hospital for unexplained vaginal bleeding was locked up for over a year on charges of second-degree murder before medical records revealed she had suffered a miscarriage at 11 to 15 weeks of pregnancy.

Florida has had a number of such cases. In one, a woman was held prisoner at a hospital to prevent her from going home while she appeared to be experiencing a miscarriage. She was forced to undergo a cesarean. Neither the detention nor the surgery prevented the pregnancy loss, but they did keep this mother from caring for her two small children at home. While a state court later found the detention unlawful, the opinion suggested that if the hospital had taken her prisoner later in her pregnancy, its actions might have been permissible.

In another case, a woman who had been in labor at home was picked up by a sheriff, strapped down in the back of an ambulance, taken to a hospital, and forced to have a cesarean she did not want. When this mother later protested what had happened, a court concluded that the woman’s personal constitutional rights “clearly did not outweigh the interests of the State of Florida in preserving the life of the unborn child.”

Anti-abortion reasoning has also provided the justification for arresting pregnant women who experience depression and have attempted suicide. A 22-year-old in South Carolina who was eight months pregnant attempted suicide by jumping out a window. She survived despite suffering severe injuries. Because she lost the pregnancy, she was arrested and jailed for the crime of homicide by child abuse.

These are not isolated or rare cases. Last year, we published a peer-reviewed study documenting 413 arrests or equivalent actions depriving pregnant women of their physical liberty during the 32 years between 1973, when Roe v. Wade was decided, and 2005. In a majority of these cases, women who had no intention of ending a pregnancy went to term and gave birth to a healthy baby. This includes the many cases where the pregnant woman was alleged to have used some amount of alcohol or a criminalized drug.

Since 2005, we have identified an additional 380 cases, with more arrests occurring every week. This significant increase coincides with what the Guttmacher Institute describes as a “seismic shift” in the number of states with laws hostile to abortion rights.

The principle at the heart of contemporary efforts to end legal abortion is that fertilized eggs, embryos and fetuses are persons or at least have separate rights that must be protected by the state. In each of the cases we identified, this same rationale provided the justification for the deprivation of pregnant women’s physical liberty, as well as of the right to medical decision making, medical privacy, bodily integrity and, in one case, the woman’s right to life.

Many of the pregnant women subjected to this mistreatment are themselves profoundly opposed to abortion. Yet it was precisely the legal arguments for recriminalizing abortion that were used to strip them of their rights to dignity and liberty in the context of labor and delivery. These cases, individually and collectively, highlight what is so often missed when the focus is on attacking or defending abortion, namely that all pregnant women are at risk of losing a wide range of fundamental rights that are at the core of constitutional personhood in the United States.

If we want to end these unjust and inhumane arrests and forced interventions on pregnant women, we need to stop focusing only on the abortion issue and start working to protect the personhood of pregnant women.

We should be able to work across the spectrum of opinion about abortion to unite in the defense of one basic principle: that at no point in her pregnancy should a woman lose her civil and human rights.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Bernie Sanders will provide every family with a government mule (and a scalded dog)

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

mdemone posted:

No. He thinks that anyone who's worried about Iran posing an existential threat to America can't find both countries on a map, and he's right.
Oh ok cool.

I thought Rubio had suddenly become Lindsey Graham for a second there.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
Is there a place where I can watch the first hour of this?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Animal-Mother posted:

Bernie Sanders will provide every family with a government mule (and a scalded dog)

Bernie Sanders will personally stomp all the mudholes you require, then walk them dry.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
The common Iranian citizen isn't even radical, right? I have been under the assumption that it is governmental posturing between us and not actual person-to-person hatred.
I'm changing my wrestling comparisons: Bernie is more of an Austin, so Trump can be Heel Jericho, complete with light-up jacket.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Delsaber posted:

Bernie Sanders will personally stomp all the mudholes you require, then walk them dry.

all enemies, foreign and domestic, will rest..... in....... peace

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Idiot Kicker posted:

The common Iranian citizen isn't even radical, right? I have been under the assumption that it is governmental posturing between us and not actual person-to-person hatred.
I'm changing my wrestling comparisons: Bernie is more of an Austin, so Trump can be Heel Jericho, complete with light-up jacket.

The government and the military have the most power. Average person doesn't care.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Trump

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Is there a place where I can watch the first hour of this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVbl4Z-_BGs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TrhIVNQX1g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBt0TDBHGmA

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Idiot Kicker posted:

Unlike what tonight's debaters would have you believe, Iran is a complex, nuanced society with a diversity of opinions among its citizenry about what its relations should be with the outside world and the West!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I am pretty sure that trump did not poo poo the bed.

This makes me happy :)

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Demon Of The Fall posted:

My fiancé earlier tonight when Walker was answering the question about not even allowing abortions to save the life of the mother:

"Well that's just the sacrifice you should make for your baby."

This comment demands a complicated response, depending on context, and regardless with extreme sensitivity and compromise. It comes from a sense of self sacrifice, value for, and appreciation for those who come after you.

So obviously,:mrapig:Get snipped and blame her for not spawning.:mrapig:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Venom Snake posted:

A supercarrier in every driveway a B-52 in every pot

Gay Olds Party

heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Ted was actually willing to work with the IRS (Irwin R. Schyster).

• Locked thread