Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I feel bad for Carson since I read his autobiography when I was a kid and it really is an inspiring rags-to-riches story. Grew up dirt-poor without a father in Detroit, worked hard as hell to get through medical school, and performed truly pioneering surgeries that saved the lives of many people. Now, all that people are going to remember him for is making an rear end out of himself on national television, and it's a sad sight to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I feel bad for Carson since I read his autobiography when I was a kid and it really is an inspiring rags-to-riches story. Grew up dirt-poor without a father in Detroit, worked hard as hell to get through medical school, and performed truly pioneering surgeries that saved the lives of many people. Now, all that people are going to remember him for is making an rear end out of himself on national television, and it's a sad sight to see.

Sad is poo poo like Judy Garland's decline or Howard Hughes going from bajillionaire genius to hobo recluse, because one was from drug addiction and the other was from a host of mental illnesses. Carson isn't mentally ill, he's just a tremendous rear end in a top hat who thinks that having made it up the proverbial social ladder gives him the right to saw the rungs off behind him on the way up. I'm glad this is why people will remember him, because sometimes you do poo poo that completely outshines your autobahn and rightfully so.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

FAUXTON posted:

sometimes you do poo poo that completely outshines your autobahn

That is a saying in the US? Interesting. (or wait is this autocorrect)

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

midnightclimax posted:

it's regional.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Quote of the night: "Ben Carson got about three-fifths as much search traffic as Trump, for example." - Nate Silver

The audience hears "brain surgeon", then immediately thinks they have the calm speaking, Great Black Hope to defeat Killary "Benghazi" Clinton.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
It would actuall be pretty cool to have a massive wall with a huge golden door on the border

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Darth Windu posted:

It would actuall be pretty cool to have a massive wall with a huge golden door on the border

Pearly Gates Border and Customs Checkpoint :getout:

Associating itself with Heaven is just that extra bit of exceptionalism needed to grab the Bible thumper vote.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

midnightclimax posted:

No it's just a way of saying the legit good idea of the autobahn is rightfully buried by the stain of genocide.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

FAUXTON posted:

No it's just a way of saying the legit good idea of the autobahn is rightfully buried by the stain of genocide.

yeah that hitler reference flew over my head

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

now i feel sad

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013

Mister Macys posted:

As I put it to a friend on Facebook who expressed the same sentiment;

"Want to yell, 'You people are full of lying loving poo poo!' over and over, like I do too?"

... y'know what? I've decided I can only take so much of this in one night.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Morroque posted:

... y'know what? I've decided I can only take so much of this in one night.

gently caress you, pussy, we ain't even half done with you yet.

Trump 2016
Trump 2020

Let's end the world in fire

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Top City Homo posted:

now i feel sad

I hoped Kanye would be a Sanders man.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

midnightclimax posted:

I hoped Kanye would be a Sanders man.

No one with money is a Sanders man

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
The post-debate polls...baffle me.

Trump wasn't all that great. Other thn his put-down on Rand, he wasn't that memorable or yooge. Though his dig at Christie was grand.

Carson was just weird and rambling. He's apparently pro-Geneva and pro-torture. Though he did say that racial problems are neither racial nor problems, which is what the party wants to hear.

Huckabee and Cruz were the ones that stood out to me, tossing out red meat each time and hitting buzzwords with what seemed like real passion.

Kasich did better than I expected, in that he actually looked human.

Rubio wasnt bad, but he felt a bit like a nervous teenager telling adults what they like to hear. "So, that Hillary, huh, guys? Good thing all of you are cooler than her, right?"

Walker was terrifying. I'm not kidding when I say he makes Dubya lok like a mensch. As Taibbi once said, he looks like a guy who's suck off a corpse for a cheeseburger.

And Jeb seemed tired, neutered and lost. He was entirely forgettable. Even Romney managed to appear personable and project a bit in the 2012 primaries while the loons had their day in the sun. Jeb just dodges issues and tries to not step on landmines.

Rand Paul was an overt huckster. His vile father actually believes his own crap, but Rand clearly sees it as his own band for cashing in and nothing else. Sure, Iran, Israel, guns, Reagan, whatever, just let me stay as the party's token libertarian and make my dumb fans feel empowered.

So I don't get the low numbers for Huckabee or the big ones for Trump. I guess the base really is moving way beyond not just the republican party but its accessory institutions (like Fox).

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

EugeneJ posted:

No one with money is a Sanders man

paradoxically they will end up with no money after the revolution instead of just losing some of it with Sanders.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Sephyr posted:

And Jeb seemed tired, neutered and lost.
Jeb's eyewear is a strange problem. They cast a shadow across his dark pupils and at the same time the powerful magnification lightens everything below Its not a Presidential look, even if he is trying to avoid looking like Campaign W.

He needs contacts in a hurry and if whatever his issue was was laserable, he should have done that months ago.

shadow puppet of a fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Aug 7, 2015

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

shadow puppet of a posted:

Jeb's eyewear is a strange problem. They cast a shadow across his dark pupils and at the same time the powerful magnification lightens everything below Its not a Presidential look, even if he is trying to avoid looking like Campaign W.

He needs contacts in a hurry and if whatever his issue was was laserable, he should have done that months ago.

:agreed: It was unflattering, to say the least.

etherealshaq
Mar 6, 2010

COME DOWN AND EAT CHICKEN WITH ME, BEAUTIFUL. IT'S SOOOOOOOOOO DARK

Sephyr posted:

Walker was terrifying. I'm not kidding when I say he makes Dubya lok like a mensch. As Taibbi once said, he looks like a guy who's suck off a corpse for a cheeseburger.

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed the debate and I wasn't even intoxicated. It was all a blur and I struggle to remember who exactly said what, beyond the Rand's swipe at Christie's Obama Cooties and Trump's awe-inspiring smug antics. If he runs independent I'll poo poo gold bricks. I think at some point Mike Huckabee said he was against abortion even in cases where it would save the mother's life? Also I remember Kasich was surprisingly okay for a Republican.

e: Oh yeah, and Carson said he's cool with torture, but he doesn't support stupid wars? But he's okay with torture being used in this stupid war we're in? I don't know, that part was confusing to me.

MrWillsauce fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Aug 7, 2015

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Bush seems like a guy who doesn't believe a word of what he is saying and is like a preMed Student in an interview trying his best to just seem normal so he doesn't get cut.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

I really can't tell if Walker is damaged or just happens to always look like it.

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

Rexicon1 posted:

Bush seems like a guy who doesn't believe a word of what he is saying
That's like all of them.

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.
I came out of that debate with a hatred of everything Walker and Cruz stand for. Not them, anyone else but them.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

MrWillsauce posted:

I thoroughly enjoyed the debate and I wasn't even intoxicated. It was all a blur and I struggle to remember who exactly said what, beyond the Rand's swipe at Christie's Obama Cooties and Trump's awe-inspiring smug antics. If he runs independent I'll poo poo gold bricks. I think at some point Mike Huckabee said he was against abortion even in cases where it would save the mother's life? Also I remember Kasich was surprisingly okay for a Republican.

e: Oh yeah, and Carson said he's cool with torture, but he doesn't support stupid wars? But he's okay with torture being used in this stupid war we're in? I don't know, that part was confusing to me.

kasich tried to turn ohio "right to work" he is a poo poo

but a refined poo poo

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Apathetic Panda posted:

I came out of that debate with a hatred of everything Walker and Cruz stand for. Not them, anyone else but them.

Huckabee it is then

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Mirthless posted:

Fiorina is trump but a female tech industry billionaire, so you know she's tough as nails and sharp as glass. I haven't watched the kiddie table debate yet but I imagine she tore them to ribbons. Running the biggest IT giant in the world (depending on who you asked at the time, anyway) during one of the biggest periods of growth in the industry means she has a lot of experience cutting through bullshit and putting simpering yes-men in their place.

Every source seems to agree Carly dunked her competition, so I wouldn't be surprised to see her have a big jump in the polls and start wading into the bid kid pool. The only real question now is who she's going to push out on the way in.

fiorina is far from being a billionaire. she's less than half a lil wayne

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Graham won

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YnVx-BTqGA

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

This is the greatest.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
So... When is the next debate? Why no, I am not a junkie looking for another fix.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Venom Snake posted:

imagine i copy pasted yes a billion times here

Well, here is a quick one I whipped up with a logo I found online:

Here's a version with colored background.

Thoughts? I'll probably go make a bunch of screenprints of it tomorrow or Saturday.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
I did not get to watch the debate unfortunately, but at least there are great pictures of it:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

No one woman should have all that power.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Bit sexist, mate. Pull your neck in.

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

No reptilian shapeshifter should have that much power.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

When I look at other recent pictures of :shillary:, I can't help but ask myself:

Just how much loving make-up is she wearing in this picture?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Is Hillary in the pocket of BIG MAKEUP?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Okay full sexism we go then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

What kind of stupid loving shoes does this bitch wear, Dalael?

• Locked thread