Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i lived with a vegan couple for 6 months. i ate with them a lot and they have a lot of great food actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
there has never been a more wrong post in the history of posting. you might as well change your name to haskell bug child

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

uber drivers have been determined to be a class by the current judge.

judge didn't seem too impressed by the uber legal team. uber tried to argue uber drivers couldn't be a class because there was 17 different contracts for uber drivers and uber's always changing them so they're too different

also, not contracts, but software licenses

uber's hired the guy who got the walmart decision on caselaw. it doesn't really seem to be showing yet

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

JewKiller 3000 posted:

there has never been a more wrong post in the history of posting. you might as well change your name to haskell bug child

well i do like haskell

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
My secret goal as a code monkey is to go to law school and be smart enough and charismatic enough to get a position as a judge so I can sit in a slightly too cool room while people that look better than me and are paid better than me spew bullshit and I make biting remarks totally owning the idiots. It's basically my current career goal except I'd be wearing black robes instead of flip flops and flannel. Also people would at least pretend to be interested about my job at parties.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
a lot of indian food is vegan and i like indian food

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

yeah

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Stringent posted:

same

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

"Food is good" - Red Wizard

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Stringent posted:

Same with Ethiopian food. Goddamn Ethiopian is so good.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
have you ever eaten ethiopian food?

neither have they

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Wild EEPROM posted:

neither have they

yes, i have.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
most things that are vegan not by design are good, many things vegan and trying to be a non vegan thing are bad imitations of the non vegan thing

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i had deep fried avocado tacos from a food truck at the los angeles vegan beer festival a few years back and they were amazing

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
sometimes there's milk in the lentils

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

kwinkles posted:

most things that are vegan not by design are good, many things vegan and trying to be a non vegan thing are bad imitations of the non vegan thing

idk whats the fascination with vegans making meat alternatives and then trying to show it off to all the folks out barbecuing that they can still get the meat exp

grilled veg is good. mushrooms and beans and tomatoes and stuff got that umami if you cant live without it. the only good imitation meat is imitation crab and that aint vegan

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

shut up

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

sorry for your broken tongue :smug:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Triglav posted:

idk whats the fascination with vegans making meat alternatives and then trying to show it off to all the folks out barbecuing that they can still get the meat exp

grilled veg is good. mushrooms and beans and tomatoes and stuff got that umami if you cant live without it. the only good imitation meat is imitation crab and that aint vegan

actually there is good vegan "meat". there's a restaurant downstairs in my building that's a buddhist vegan chinese restaurant and they have fried "pork belly" made from beans or something and sweet and sour "spare ribs" that have a little fake bone running through them and both of those are better than the real thing

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

id try it

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

vegan fake meat tastes more like actual meat than fast food meat at least

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

papa_november posted:

vegan fake meat tastes more like actual meat than fast food meat at least

fast food "meat" is practically vegan it's so close to the edge of what can legally be referred to as "meat"

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Wild EEPROM posted:

neither have they

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

triple sulk posted:

vegan anything is loving disgusting. gently caress vegans.

"I don't like vegetables boo hooooo" - A. Manchild.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

vegetables are good. vegans are intolerable. end here
8<------------------------------------

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
when do the non-vegans itt get to feast on uber's corpse

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

coprophilia is dangerous and I wouldn't recommend it unless you're into being a full human toilet

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
when I first heard about that "100 mile diet" thing my immediate knee jerk response was "jfc I bet some idiot yuppie in Vancouver came up with that" and I was right on both counts

like how privileged do you have to be to start coming up with retarded rules for restricting your diet to such a degree

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

poops that stay in an anaerobic environment which are then exposed to air allow a special kinda bacteria to grow which secrets strong enough sulfuric acid to eat away concrete

it's p impressive really

the real danger of jenkum

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

eschaton posted:

you're saying people like to engage with brands

when someone has problems with a company's service/product, they usually prefer complaining to the marketing intern running the twitter account because they'll freak out and frantically give you whatever you want if you make a scene on the social media, rather than the offshore call center employee with strict orders to deny everything

nightbae smokewheat
Feb 11, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

I wouldn't recommend it unless you're into being a full human toilet

*bursts into thread*

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Even in yospos goons can't shut the gently caress up about food

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

computer parts posted:

you can use mushrooms as a pretty good meat replacement

especially morels, drat they're good

hail seitan

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Kobayashi posted:

Even in yospos goons can't shut the gently caress up about food

here's a controversial opinion: food is good.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Citizen Tayne posted:

not all food

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Citizen Tayne posted:

as long as you use it responsibly

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Chris Knight posted:

when I first heard about that "100 mile diet" thing my immediate knee jerk response was "jfc I bet some idiot yuppie in Vancouver came up with that" and I was right on both counts

like how privileged do you have to be to start coming up with retarded rules for restricting your diet to such a degree

literal mental illness

eschaton posted:

fast food "meat" is practically vegan it's so close to the edge of what can legally be referred to as "meat"

remember when taco bell got in trouble for this

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

pro-ana ftw

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Isn't it meant to be an ecological thing? like you can eat poo poo, just so long as its locally grown and produced poo poo? cutting down on airmiles and supporting the local economy ect.. which imo doesn't sound like such a bad idea, obviously not as a hard and fast rule tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The term was coined by Bratman

na na na na na na na na

• Locked thread