Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

webmeister posted:

Here we go, Warnerzone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Good batting session for the Aussies there, 5-0 Australia.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
At this point yesterday we were 4/15 so this feels like progress

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
So why byes don't count as runs for the batsman is pretty obvious, but why don't they count against the bowler's figures?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Byolante posted:

So why byes don't count as runs for the batsman is pretty obvious, but why don't they count against the bowler's figures?

Because it's the wicket keepers fault

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

RideTheSpiral posted:

Because it's the wicket keepers fault

In tests it can be pretty harsh, bowlers can get away with some wide garbage.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Airstream Driver posted:

In tests it can be pretty harsh, bowlers can get away with some wide garbage.

Especially in an ashes series

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Byolante posted:

As its the wicketkeepers fault for not being in the right place to save them

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

notaspy posted:

As its the wicketkeepers fault for not being in the right place to save them

If its not a wide then they should be in position to take it

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

Spedman posted:

If its not a wide then they should be in position to take it

It's not impossible for a ball to be close enough to the batsman to not be a wide, but too wide for the wicketkeeper to reach. Particularly if the bowler is bowling around the wicket.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Also umpires are really reluctant to call leg side wides in tests.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Drugs posted:

It's not impossible for a ball to be close enough to the batsman to not be a wide, but too wide for the wicketkeeper to reach. Particularly if the bowler is bowling around the wicket.

If the bowler is coming round the wicket you'd hope the keeper has positioned himself accordingly, but the exception being a marginal leg-side wide call swinging further I guess.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
gently caress you Ronchi.

pogo
Nov 14, 2003

England's finest <3
Stupid review, that's pitched about six inches outside leg

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

That was a really ordinary review

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
NZ went from making the WC final to losing against England in the ODI series and now possibly losing to Zimbabwe in an ODI series. Bizarre.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Might just be a really bad touring side or something

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Broad still borderline unplayable

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Seams posted:

NZ went from making the WC final to losing against England in the ODI series and now possibly losing to Zimbabwe in an ODI series. Bizarre.

From the WC side - Boult, Southee, Vettori, McCullum, Milne and Taylor are all out and our second string bowlers are awful.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Seams posted:

Basically none of our World Cup bowlers are here and they barely played together in England. The batting is still looking quite good but the bowling and fielding has really dropped off. We're still odds on here but without Taylor as well I can't see us winning v SA.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Ratios and Tendency posted:

From the WC side - Boult, Southee, Vettori, McCullum, Milne and Taylor are all out and our second string bowlers are awful.

Well, there's ya prawblem

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bumble gets on through lol

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

BlindSite posted:

Bumble gets on through lol

Rofl I heard that, genuinely funny and Slater was totally oblivious

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I was going to stay up until the first wicket then listen on the wireless till I fell asleep. loving Australia even fail at failing.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I'd like some wickets now please.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Seeing Warner leave the ball so often is really strange

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Don't swing at that Rogers you stupid gently caress.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Fucks sake Cook.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Warner you stupid gently caress its at elbow height just don't hit it.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

I was about to be very cross.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

serious gaylord posted:

Count me in

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Big drop that, reckon it'll cost England about 12 runs

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Airstream Driver posted:

I was about to be very cross.

Im very annoyed thats worked everytime in the past.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Hi Finn, welcome back mate.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Time to drop Finn again

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

So after watching Broad put it on a penny all morning and get results, Finn bowls a slow bouncer :shepface:

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

I see Warner has learnt from the first innings with his run a ball 25 so far

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I think Broad might get wound up by his bowling mates.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

webmeister posted:

Big drop that, reckon it'll cost England about 12 runs

in 3 balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Stokes will pick up a wicket here