Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Webbeh posted:

Also, holy gently caress Mecha Freeza is a beast at Z-HARD.

Okay, if you're finding it hard I probably stand no chance with only one z-awakened PHY right now. Over a dozen tries so far and still no joy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

ChronoReverse posted:

Okay, if you're finding it hard I probably stand no chance with only one z-awakened PHY right now. Over a dozen tries so far and still no joy.

My current squad for this event:

Already maxed a Mr. Satan and Goku, no point in using them when I have others to level up!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Why throw Tao in front? I don't know the others off hand, but his Leader skill only benefits him in that party.

And yeah, I got to Frieza just fine on Z-Hard.. then he hit me with a 54k Death Beam. I've hit Hard at least 20 times today, no love.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Hmm, if you're playing z-hard wouldn't the Jackie Chun and Krillin be a poor choice even if they're z-awakened?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

Why throw Tao in front? I don't know the others off hand, but his Leader skill only benefits him in that party.

And yeah, I got to Frieza just fine on Z-Hard.. then he hit me with a 54k Death Beam. I've hit Hard at least 20 times today, no love.

Tao looks awesome, that's why. :dealwithit:

And the only way Jackie Chun and Krillin would be poor if I aligned them to be the recipient of Freeza's attack. Which I wouldn't do - SAY GOODBYE.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Webbeh posted:

Tao looks awesome, that's why. :dealwithit:

And the only way Jackie Chun and Krillin would be poor if I aligned them to be the recipient of Freeza's attack. Which I wouldn't do - SAY GOODBYE.

Yes but their attacks are doing less than 100% damage since they're both z-awakened. I suppose if they're your hardest hitters then that's fine.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

New login giveaway event, free SR Kid Goku tonight and then various login gifts for about a week including 7 Dragonstones.

Anyone know if the Kid Goku is any good or what typing he has? I want to keep him around for when we get Kid Vegeta and build a gimmick team of children.

Edit: typing is blue btw

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Aug 6, 2015

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I really needed a blue SR, thanks japan.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Maaan, now I really regret failing to get Jackie Chun, I'd love to make an early Dragon Ball deck.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Update- at least 30 Frieza runs on Hard with zilch. Got a shitload of heal potions though.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Update- at least 30 Frieza runs on Hard with zilch. Got a shitload of heal potions though.

Likewise. I shall commiserate with you.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Shine posted:

Just like in the show!

He gets a 2000 attack buff after taking damage, and his base stats are way higher than my other PHYS R's. He's dope.

So that's the trick. I should probably read these passives more. Anyway, still no frieza drop, this game hates me and wants to shatter my dreams.

Kelp Plankton posted:

New login giveaway event, free SR Kid Goku tonight and then various login gifts for about a week including 7 Dragonstones.

Anyone know if the Kid Goku is any good or what typing he has? I want to keep him around for when we get Kid Vegeta and build a gimmick team of children.

Edit: typing is blue btw

There's also going to be a king kai planet, which I assume is a training location. I think that'll be our first one?

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Nuebot posted:

There's also going to be a king kai planet, which I assume is a training location. I think that'll be our first one?

Nah, you can get a bunch through one of the Dragonball wishes.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

cptn_dr posted:

Nah, you can get a bunch through one of the Dragonball wishes.

Oh, okay. I haven't gotten all the balls every time yet. Are there any wishes that get you more stones aside from that first one?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

ChronoReverse posted:

Likewise. I shall commiserate with you.

I blew through 4 stones, 2 Senzu Beans, and 2 Green Potions to beat him on Z-Hard and finally got one. Just wanted to be able to say I did it on Z-Hard since my team is nowhere near strong enough. The very first time I went back to Hard, I got another one. I'm going to keep grinding, but if I never find another, I'll still be happy with this.

Good luck, friend.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Can someone explain to me how the leader skill works? I assumed it was just for who ever you had in your leader slot (duh) but some seem to go off randomly in combat and I never really know why.

Edit: Nvm I found the passive abilities.

Batmasterson fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Aug 7, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

If you haven't collected Kid Goku yet, go get him. He's loving adorable. He's on Nimbus! :3:

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
So I tried Z-Hard and Mecha Frieza opens with a super doing 37k damage. Good game sir.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
For Mecha Frieza event, it's more important to get PHY characters to absorb attacks than to field your strongest attack team. My best rainbow team of 70s hard hitters do not survive as well as my average PHY team of 40s. I'd rather get a lovely Z-awakened R PHY in the team than put my Z-awakened, max level, SR TEQ Kid Gohan with Level 10 Super.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

isme posted:

For Mecha Frieza event, it's more important to get PHY characters to absorb attacks than to field your strongest attack team. My best rainbow team of 70s hard hitters do not survive as well as my average PHY team of 40s. I'd rather get a lovely Z-awakened R PHY in the team than put my Z-awakened, max level, SR TEQ Kid Gohan with Level 10 Super.

I brought three z-awakened PHY plus I was feeling pretty confident because I had a level 87 UR STR Goku as a partner. Guess which three characters came up first in the random selection...

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
You can have SSR Goku, Kid goku and a adult goku on the same team, for an easy Red SSR goku, Blue SR Kid Goku, Green R Goku, Purple SSR Teen Gohan for 4 kamehameha covering 4 of the 5 colors and Brown SSR Vegeta giving you 3x Golden Warrior and Super Sayan links. This is a bullshit dream team crap but honestly looks like one of the best teams you could put together.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

isme posted:

No kidding, I still use my frieza as a leader because he has the best boost, the best my PHY types give is 10% I think. But his damage is outclassed by all except the weakest of my PHY rares even though he's 10+ levels ahead of them even, and if he ever gets hit because I'm dumb he takes so much damage that it basically means game over. My strategy mostly relies on using Tough As Nails links which most of my PHY types have to survive longer.

EDIT: Still no Mecha Frieza.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Aug 7, 2015

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Finally got him, between strike events and farming awakening medals I can't remember the last time I actually played story mode.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Petiso posted:

Finally got him, between strike events and farming awakening medals I can't remember the last time I actually played story mode.

Welcome to these kind of game. Normal progression is what you do in an afternoon on the one day of the month when there's no events going.

Speaking of medals, I've taken a small frieza break to awaken all of my PHY type dudes to make killing him easier. hooray.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I wish I could turn off all the animations

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I wish I could turn off all the animations

Me too. The 'battery save' + '2x' does wonders, but so does furiously mashing your finger on the screen.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

If your battery is getting obliterated (like mine), turn off Auto-Brightness on your screen. It's a loving LIFESAVER on my poor ailing Galaxy S4.

Edit: Also, not that anyone cares, but I need to share my joy. My heaviest hitter even having a SSR is the SR Agi Goku I started with ("Determined Defender"). Over time I've gotten 2 extras of him, so his Super is at level 3 and hits for nearly 70k. I just did a YOLO pull as you kids are calling them these days and got the SR Agi Piccolo! I've got an all blue team for running red bosses and he's a fantastic fit! Pairs with everyone but 17, but he's more of a "I had an extra SR Blue" placeholder anyway. loving fantastic pull. Been looking for a Piccolo forever.

I love that Kid Goku's pose is the same as adult Goku's.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Aug 7, 2015

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Finally rolled a third Cyborg Freeza. One on normal, hard, and z-hard.

Z-Hard is far too consuming of materials to be worth it, however. I'm farming potions from the Hard mission.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I have that AGI Goku and Piccolo, too. I use Saiyan Elite Vegeta and R Raditz in my AGI team. Yours has way better synergy. Sadly, Determined Defender Goku doesn't have Saiyan Warrior Race.

Speaking of AGI characters, I Z-Awakened my SR Speed Tactics Burter. His attack went up by 900, hits harder than SSR* Recoome. :eyepop: Still made of glass compared to a lot of other folks, though.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 7, 2015

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

So why some awakened characters add "super" to their type while others add "extreme"?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Petiso posted:

So why some awakened characters add "super" to their type while others add "extreme"?

Super is for good guys, Extreme for bad.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Echophonic posted:

I have that AGI Goku and Piccolo, too. I use Saiyan Elite Vegeta and R Raditz in my AGI team. Yours has way better synergy. Sadly, Determined Defender Goku doesn't have Saiyan Warrior Race.

Speaking of AGI characters, I Z-Awakened my SR Speed Tactics Burter. His attack went up by 900, hits harder than SSR* Recoome. :eyepop: Still made of glass compared to a lot of other folks, though.

Hmm I've got him sitting around too, just liked 17 more. I'm swimming in Blues. Just need a couple more Grandpa Gohans and I'll Z-Unlock Krillin. I'll have his Super at like 6 or so by then..

And yeah, I'm a big dummy who didn't farm that old Vegeta. I figured "hey, I've got a SSR Vegeta, why would I ever need another one?" Whoops.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

Hmm I've got him sitting around too, just liked 17 more. I'm swimming in Blues. Just need a couple more Grandpa Gohans and I'll Z-Unlock Krillin. I'll have his Super at like 6 or so by then..

And yeah, I'm a big dummy who didn't farm that old Vegeta. I figured "hey, I've got a SSR Vegeta, why would I ever need another one?" Whoops.

That's kinda my problem too. I farmed out a bunch of characters in the beginning and fed them to a character not realizing the soft level limits - wasted a lot of SRs that way.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Webbeh posted:

That's kinda my problem too. I farmed out a bunch of characters in the beginning and fed them to a character not realizing the soft level limits - wasted a lot of SRs that way.

What do you mean soft level limits? That after a certain point the only way to increase in power is through super attack?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

Burter only really shines with other Giynu Force guys, that +25% is a big deal for them. He's not a great fit for all AGI teams, but he does work well with Saiyan Elite Vegeta. Starting at +5 Ki for going first is a pretty nice perk. I think Speedy Retribution (a Burter/Yamcha link for some reason) is okay at +300 atk if you have an AGI Yamcha.

I wish the androids had better links. I just got an SR AGI 18. I have a mix of 16s, a 17, two 19s, SR Dr. Gero and the Pilaf Fusion Robot. The 16, 17, and 19s I have are all PHY, limiting things somewhat, but I don't know if Android Assault and Twin Terrors/The Innocents is worth trying to build a team around.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Webbeh posted:

Finally rolled a third Cyborg Freeza. One on normal, hard, and z-hard.

Z-Hard is far too consuming of materials to be worth it, however. I'm farming potions from the Hard mission.

I have 0 still. I kind of hate you right now.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Nuebot posted:

I have 0 still. I kind of hate you right now.

If it helps, I'm still at zero Robo-Freezers too. I'm starting to wonder if an all-PHY team is actually the best way to approach it. I feel like while I take (a little) less damage I'm also putting out way less because nobody ever seems to get Super and it's even pretty rare anyone gets to 100%. Maybe if I actually had a better group of PHY to run, but I'm thinking I'll swap back to my rainbow team.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

If it helps, I'm still at zero Robo-Freezers too. I'm starting to wonder if an all-PHY team is actually the best way to approach it. I feel like while I take (a little) less damage I'm also putting out way less because nobody ever seems to get Super and it's even pretty rare anyone gets to 100%. Maybe if I actually had a better group of PHY to run, but I'm thinking I'll swap back to my rainbow team.

He likes to pull out his supers a lot I find. I'm not sure if it's random or not but literally any time I've had a non-PHY type take a hit from him it's been a 13k super. It might be slower with an all PHY team but at least it's consistent now, I wouldn't be able to beat Z Hard anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I'm running all PHY except two, with the two being hard hitters of whatever color. That way I'll always have a PHY to block, but I'll also be able to do more damage and charge the Dokkan meter more quickly and use supers more often.