Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

SomeMathGuy posted:

Is he seriously about to make this entire arc just a dream? Possibly with a lazy "or was it?" stinger twist? Goddammit Batiuk you can't even commit to your terrible ideas.

Ha, of course. When I viewed that panel for some reason I thought past Les was about to do something that changes the timestream and killed his future self like Biff in the deleted BttF2 scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Darthemed posted:

Ripley's

And here I was thinking there were only three or so outcomes for tic-tac-toe.

Perhaps, but how many of those tic-tac-toe games are made up of logical moves that a thinking person would actually do? And how many of them are like "the same as game 1,372, but turned 90 degrees," etc?

SomeMathGuy posted:

Is he seriously about to make this entire arc just a dream? Possibly with a lazy "or was it?" stinger twist? Goddammit Batiuk you can't even commit to your terrible ideas.

My hope is that Past Les was so depressed about the monster he becomes that he commits suicide, thus causing the death of Future Les. I suppose the best we can probably expect, though, is that Les had a massive heart attack or maybe a sudden onset of cancer.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

This seems relevant, http://www.theonion.com/article/nat...n=Pic:1:Default

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Ignite Memories posted:

Why is nemi so full of artifacts? I don't think I could artifact an image that heavily if I tried.

Because it belongs in a museum.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

mastersord posted:

Dick Tracy's artist back then did not know how to draw a woman's nose apparently

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Non Sequitur

What the hell did she do?
There was an incident involving noodles.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

"So now why don't you assist me by executing some scotch into my glass?" *hic*

Secret Agent X-9

Not sure how panel three got to panel 4.

Apartment 3-G

This is just sad.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Ye gods, now they're randomly teleporting around in A3G!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kammat posted:

Ye gods, now they're randomly teleporting around in A3G!

I hope this is a plot by the author to get the artist fired for completely phoning it in or something. This is ridiculous.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Johnny Walker posted:

Apartment 3-G

This is just sad.
I'm telling you; their reality is collapsing!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Roland Jones posted:

I hope this is a plot by the author to get the artist fired for completely phoning it in or something. This is ridiculous.

Bolle's not going anywhere except feet first

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Darthemed posted:

Ripley's

And here I was thinking there were only three or so outcomes for tic-tac-toe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHWjlCaIrQo

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001
Oh my god, this story just keeps digging for deeper and deeper :psyduck: with every day. I can't even bring myself to try to predict how this dinner will turn out (except "badly," of course); I'm willing to bet that even people who were kicking around in 1953 would look at this and be utterly baffled by it.

I almost wish Frank Bolle was the artist for Mary Worth, just so Toby would be buying her roasted LIE CHICKEN on a city street or in a random living room, to maximize the WTF-ness.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

Johnny Walker posted:

Apartment 3-G

This is just sad.
This is awesome.

Fritzi Ritz

Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Everett True on Vacation

Sick, Sick, Sick (click for big)

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

And what do you plan to do about the fact that Harry and/or the doctor know that Spidey is Peter Parker?

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Johnny Walker posted:

Secret Agent X-9

Not sure how panel three got to panel 4.

With some of these it feels like we only get every other panel.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

If Gunther wasn't such a chode I think if like to read a comic that was about just their relationship and adventures.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Just let them have it, Greg. Let them have a genuine friendship that may blossom into something. Do something interesting and non-stupid with your comic strip you dumb son of a bitch.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'd feel really terrible about Tiffany being stuck with THAT guy. Isn't there some "villain" guy she can date who's infinitely better than any protagonist instead?

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
Comic Strip Megathread XVI: Do something interesting and non-stupid with your comic strip you dumb son of a bitch.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Poil posted:

I'd feel really terrible about Tiffany being stuck with THAT guy. Isn't there some "villain" guy she can date who's infinitely better than any protagonist instead?

I think the only villain guy is Les who is basically a weak point to the Funkyverse sooooo.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Poil posted:

Well there's Dirk.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

fondue posted:

If Gunther wasn't such a chode I think if like to read a comic that was about just their relationship and adventures.

Is there a more boring version of Stockholm Syndrome? I think you might have that.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Calaveron posted:

Just let them have it, Greg. Let them have a genuine friendship that may blossom into something. Do something interesting and non-stupid with your comic strip you dumb son of a tart.

He's not going to.

He's going to have Tiffany fall in love with him instantly, then thanks to his 'nice guy'-ness, he'll change her from a good character to a terrible one, and it'll be shown as a redemption arc.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo: Well, that settles that...except for where it doesn't. (August 9, 1957)

Peanuts: Year Three (January 12-14, 1953)

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Poil posted:

Gunther is the "villain" guy.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Gunt's aiming to get some of that good old pity sex.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Johnny Walker posted:

Apartment 3-G

This is just sad.

The artist has to be doing this on purpose, unless he's succumbing to dementia or something.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Finally a new Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

This is a treasure and I would have it as an avatar if I could.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

There is no way that the person that "drew" those arms and that face drew those legs. Shades of Muir

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life
I've never played World of Warcraft (sorry, :airquote:World of Warcraft:airquote:), but isn't getting to the maximum level just like the first half of the game?

IDGI. What's with the newspapers?

Johnny Walker posted:

Apartment 3-G
Margo, you are a wedding planner! That's how this whole thing started, remember? Just get your assistant to do it like you were originally going to!

I know it's always been the case that Tiffany was supposedly popular despite only ever being shown to have one friend, but come on. She still sees all the same people Luann does, because everyone in this comic knows everyone else, and how could she not have met anyone in her classes? This is dumb even for Luann.

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

And what do you plan to do about the fact that Harry and/or the doctor know that Spidey is Peter Parker?
I don't know, but I can't wait to find out, because it's sure to be gloriously dumb. :allears:

Calaveron posted:

Just let them have it, Greg. Let them have a genuine friendship that may blossom into something. Do something interesting and non-stupid with your comic strip you dumb son of a bitch.
I might agree with you if it were anyone but Gunther.

Twelve by Pies posted:

The artist has to be doing this on purpose, unless he's succumbing to dementia or something.
Or he knows he can't be fired and is just reusing old backgrounds at random because he doesn't give a poo poo.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Tiggum posted:

Puppies aren't house trained, so the cliché is that you lay out newspapers to soak up the urine.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Tiggum posted:

You put newspaper (or something better/more absorbent) down on the floor when you're housebreaking a puppy, which is what a dog who drinks from the Dog Fountain of Youth will become.

(I don't mind being beaten, because I feel like using Red And Rover on this specific question is a moral victory.)

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Tiggum posted:

I've never played World of Warcraft (sorry, :airquote:World of Warcraft:airquote:), but isn't getting to the maximum level just like the first half of the game?

More or less, and neither of those morons are max level. (Max is 100 these days, soon to be 110.)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

I really enjoy some of the old comics posted here, so I figured I'd try posting a run of Mickey Mouse comics from the 1930's. I did this once a few years back, but I ended up posting like 6 days worth at a time and I think that was too much for this kind of thread, where there's so many other great (and not so great) comics to read. I feel like I should keep it to 2-3 strips a day, anyone got any opinions on the matter?

Today Mickey Mouse has a reputation as a goofy guy who's pretty boring, but that wasn't always the case. In ye olden days he was a cool guy who went on some kickin rad adventures. Floyd Gottfredson worked on the comic for something like 45 years, and is sort of the same thing to Mickey Mouse as Carl Barks was to Donald Duck comic books (which also rule).

Newspaper Mickey Mouse (1934-1935):

What could the mysterious "S" be!? :tinfoil:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I vaguely remember that Mickey Mouse was a giant dickhead in more than a few of those strips. I hope this iteration stays true to form.

No, Bob. I'm sure it's a complete coincidence that there's smoke on the one island near where those two guys disappeared. A duck spontaneously combusted, Bob. It's none of our business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Old Mickey Mouse comics tend to be pretty good.

• Locked thread