Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

ZIGfried posted:

Pulling my hair out over a keeper decision.

0.5 ppr

Already keeping Jeremy Hill for a 9th

Choice is between Travis Kelce or Joseph Randle both costing a 10th rounder. Both can be kept one more year for an 8th.

I originally was all in on Kelce. I really believe in his talent and think his role in KC will be both safe and prominent. News out of Dallas camp has me questioning my gut. Not only is Randle gobbling up first team reps with his competition sidelined, but he's looking great while doing it. I still don't think it's out of the question that Dallas signs someone and tanks Randle's value though.

Keepers have to be in by 8-15.

Wait, you can keep both guys for one 8th round pick? Or you can keep both for an 8th and a 10th? Well, anyways they are both gong for a lot higher than 8th round picks so you keep both. Unless you're playing in something like an 8 team league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

jabro posted:

Wait, you can keep both guys for one 8th round pick? Or you can keep both for an 8th and a 10th? Well, anyways they are both gong for a lot higher than 8th round picks so you keep both. Unless you're playing in something like an 8 team league.

ZIGfried posted:

Choice is between Travis Kelce or Joseph Randle both costing a 10th rounder. Both can be kept one more year for an 8th.

He needs to pick one of the two. Either one would cost an 8th rounder.

I vote Randle but like you said it could become a disaster if they sign someone and he loses the starter job.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

RCarr posted:

He needs to pick one of the two. Either one would cost an 8th rounder.

I vote Randle but like you said it could become a disaster if they sign someone and he loses the starter job.

Then what does his second sentence mean then?

Edit: Nevermind, he can keep whoever for an extra year by jumping up their round to the 8th. He threw me off with the both can be kept part.

jabro fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Aug 7, 2015

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

jabro posted:

I get two keepers, Jeremy Hill for a ninth is pretty much written in stone. My other keeper will be Randle or Kelce for a tenth. My keepers this year are eligible to be kept just one more year at a cost of two rounds earlier than this year. Hope that clears it up!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

ZIGfried posted:

Kelce because he is good while Randle is not

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

ZIGfried posted:

I get two keepers, Jeremy Hill for a ninth is pretty much written in stone. My other keeper will be Randle or Kelce for a tenth. My keepers this year are eligible to be kept just one more year at a cost of two rounds earlier than this year. Hope that clears it up!

I got it after I decided to comprehend what I was reading.

They are both going for around the same in ADP. I'd say Kelce since like previously mentioned he has talent. Kelce is the safe choice and Randle is the swing for the fences for a homerun but probably will strikeout choice.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

ZIGfried posted:

0.5 ppr

I originally was all in on Kelce. I really believe in his talent and think his role in KC will be both safe and prominent. News out of Dallas camp has me questioning my gut. Not only is Randle gobbling up first team reps with his competition sidelined, but he's looking great while doing it. I still don't think it's out of the question that Dallas signs someone and tanks Randle's value though.

Kelce has zero competition, has looked great in camp, is committed to being "the guy" through the air. Between him and Jamaal Charles they will constitute the vast majority of offense that can be squeezed out of Popgun Smith

DAL front office doesn't hold Randle in high regard. Their plan this year was to use as much of a committee as DMC's health would allow and address deficiencies in the draft (didn't happen) and free agency (major wildcard).

roto posted:

Cowboys VP Stephen Jones is leaving the door open for the team to add a free agent running back if needed.
It's perhaps worth noting that Joseph Randle fumbled in team drills in front of reporters in Wednesday's practice. Darren McFadden (hamstring) remains on the shelf, and Lance Dunbar recently needed X-rays on his ankle. "We would have liked to have added a young running back to that group," said Jones. "The situation didn't present itself in the draft, so we didn't get that done. We probably missed out there. ... There's backs out there that I think still have some gas left in their tank, and if we need to go get one, we'll go get one." Aug 5 - 9:59 PM

No one is discounting that whoever RBs at DAL will be running behind a top-3 line, but that "whoever" is extremely shaky and may consist of multiple bodies being thrown at the defense. As someone else mentioned, you could strike gold but the safe money is on Kelce.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Aug 7, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I would pick Kelce. Cowboys are one FA signing away from rendering Randle to the bench.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Metapod posted:

Kelce because he is good while Randle is not

This and it's not close.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If any of you were dumb enough to draft the 49ers DST, Aldon Smith was arrested for various naughty things.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Franks Happy Place posted:

Hope you all own John Brown shares already. :tipshat:

@JasonLaCanfora: Michael Floyd will miss roughly six weeks I'm told with three broken fingers on left hand. Big, big part of the AZ offense. Injured today

FYI - this was downgraded to just dislocated fingers. He'll be ready for Week 1 now.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Thwomp posted:

FYI - this was downgraded to just dislocated fingers. He'll be ready for Week 1 now.

Fingers so dislocated the bone popped through the skin and required surgery to repair. loving ouch.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Prophecy120 posted:

Fingers so dislocated the bone popped through the skin and required surgery to repair. loving ouch.

so what is that? Compound dislocation?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If any of you were dumb enough to draft the 49ers DST, Aldon Smith was arrested for various naughty things.

I hope my employers will constantly look the other way if I ever decided to be a piece of poo poo.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

ZIGfried posted:

0.5 ppr

How big are your balls? Kelce is safer but Randle will outright win you the league if he pans out.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

How big are your balls? Kelce is safer but Randle will outright win you the league if he pans out.

I'd much rather take the risk:reward of Randle in the 10th than Kelce. If it were only a 6th or 7th round, I'd definitely go Kelce.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I love how Kelce is a "safe" pick. Alex Smith can't throw a seam route to save his life and Charles will get 85% of the dump-off looks. Kelce is going to have a nice mediocre 60-600-5 season and I'm going to loving laugh and laugh and laugh.

He's so talented but I have seen nothing to think that they're going to utilize him in a way that actually promotes that talent. He's going to spend 2015 running roughshod over linebackers while Jamaal Charles gobbles all the touches and Alex Smith panics and ponders over his tiny hands.

TEs are dumb guys for real

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I love how Kelce is a "safe" pick. Alex Smith can't throw a seam route to save his life and Charles will get 85% of the dump-off looks. Kelce is going to have a nice mediocre 60-600-5 season and I'm going to loving laugh and laugh and laugh.

He's so talented but I have seen nothing to think that they're going to utilize him in a way that actually promotes that talent. He's going to spend 2015 running roughshod over linebackers while Jamaal Charles gobbles all the touches and Alex Smith panics and ponders over his tiny hands.

Kelce is really good after the catch

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I still doubt he sees over 100 targets, honestly. And of those, I doubt that more than 75 are legitimately catchable. I'm willing to bet he doesn't clear 70 catches.

e: If he gets over 170 pts in a PPR, 10yd/pt league, I will pen a 2,000 word essay to the majesty that is Andy Reid's mustache.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 7, 2015

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I still doubt he sees over 100 targets, honestly. And of those, I doubt that more than 75 are legitimately catchable. I'm willing to bet he doesn't clear 70 catches.

In his rookie year he caught 66-of-71 catchable passes last season.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

jabro posted:

In his rookie year he caught 66-of-71 catchable passes last season.

So, maintaining that ratio, in order to have 70 catches, he needs to be thrown 75 catchable balls.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

All I'm saying is y'all can chase that Brent Celek usage dragon all you want. I've seen enough of Andy Reid's bullshit and Alex Smith's inefficiency to stay as far the gently caress away from that poo poo as possible. If I had Kelce as a keeper in the mid-to-low teens, then yeah why not, but otherwise I'm pressing sell and hard.

e: I also think that Randle is a much better keeper because there are no FA backs out there that are really that good enough to relegate Randle to a purely reserve role. He's going to get his, behind a very good line. Getting a guy like that in the 10th or whatever, really allows you to pursue a legit 0RB if you really want to because you can plug him into your RB2 slot pretty much all season. Tight Ends are stupid, don't keep them.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Aug 7, 2015

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

God loving dammit :negative:

I don't even care about him for fantasy, I don't have him on any team right now. It's just... poo poo, what a waste of talent. If he gets less than a year's suspension I'll be surprised.

And the Niners just cannot catch a goddamn break this offseason. Wow.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Kelce is "safe" because you can drop him in your TE slot and forget about him until KC's bye. His snaps were capped because of Fasano but now he's likely to be a top 5 TE on the season

Randle is relatively riskier since he can be put into RBCC or worse the Cowboys could sign Bradshaw/another FA. He could either be an elite RB for the season or not worth rostering before opening kickoff

that being said, agree TEs suck and OP is a huge pussy if he keeps Kelce over Randle

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
BeerSheets 2015-08-07

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

he's likely to be a top 5 TE on the season

If you're not Gronk, top-5 TE means "slightly above replacement level"

quote:

that being said, agree TEs suck and OP is a huge pussy if he keeps Kelce over Randle

yase

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I'd argue that kelce possesses more league winning potential than randle while being safer.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Kelce did almost nothing in the 2nd half of last year, correct? He had a few big games early on, but from what I remember he was pretty average the rest of the year.

It was obvious that he's not being used to his potential, and I don't know if that's going to change.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

RCarr posted:

Kelce did almost nothing in the 2nd half of last year, correct? He had a few big games early on, but from what I remember he was pretty average the rest of the year.

It was obvious that he's not being used to his potential, and I don't know if that's going to change.

Yes shortly after picking up Kelce in waivers he did nothing. You're welcome.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dandy Kaiser posted:

e: I also think that Randle is a much better keeper because there are no FA backs out there that are really that good enough to relegate Randle to a purely reserve role. He's going to get his, behind a very good line. Getting a guy like that in the 10th or whatever, really allows you to pursue a legit 0RB if you really want to because you can plug him into your RB2 slot pretty much all season. Tight Ends are stupid, don't keep them.

I don't care how good that line is Randle is not a nfl starting hb and will be exposed

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My main league is a 10 man, 0.5 PPR league. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DL, 2LB, 1DB, and NO flex.

So...JJ Watt a certifiable 2nd or...maybe even first rounder?

2014 DL Leaders:
01. JJ Watt - 246.55
02. Jason Pierre Paul - 125.75
03. Suh - 112.0

2013 DL Leaders:
01. JJ Watt - 158.75
02. Robert Quinn - 156.35
03. Chandler Jones - 116.50

JJ Watt just had a stupid crazy year last year and isn't sustainable to do it again, right? Dude was putting up RB1 numbers in the drat DL spot, wtf

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Metapod posted:

I don't care how good that line is Randle is not a nfl starting hb and will be exposed

Niether is Matt Asiata and he-- an RB2 for half the season behind a worse line, with less talent, in a piss-poor offense-- couldn't hold Randle's jock with stickum. He's going to get touches and they are going to lead to production. Even if he only gets 150 on the season, that's going to be enough for him to be a weekly flex play in 12+ team leagues.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Yes shortly after picking up Kelce in waivers he did nothing. You're welcome.

Did you pick him after week 15?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I just looked it up. Kelce topped 10 points only 3 times after week 5.

He had under 5 points 5 times in the same period.

Non-ppr.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Asiata was extremely reliant on touchdowns and was near unplayable most weeks and Randle isn't going to be a bell cow or get goalline carries. Just like asiata Randle will be a daily tournament winning play

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Metapod posted:

Asiata was extremely reliant on touchdowns and was near unplayable most weeks and Randle isn't going to be a bell cow or get goalline carries. Just like asiata Randle will be a daily tournament winning play

He still got 10 carries a game and Randle could manage a 3.5 YPC just by falling forward, so as long as there is usage, there will be points.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

89 posted:

My main league is a 10 man, 0.5 PPR league. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DL, 2LB, 1DB, and NO flex.

So...JJ Watt a certifiable 2nd or...maybe even first rounder?

2014 DL Leaders:
01. JJ Watt - 246.55
02. Jason Pierre Paul - 125.75
03. Suh - 112.0

2013 DL Leaders:
01. JJ Watt - 158.75
02. Robert Quinn - 156.35
03. Chandler Jones - 116.50

JJ Watt just had a stupid crazy year last year and isn't sustainable to do it again, right? Dude was putting up RB1 numbers in the drat DL spot, wtf

Watt could regress 20% and still blow DL#2 away by 50 points. He gives you better than Gronk positional advantage. He's legit 1st round value in your league, though you need to figure out if you can wait and nab him early 2nd or so based on other people underestimating him.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Remember when monte ball and Gerhart were locks to get 200+ carries and would produce on volume alone.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Remember when Monte Ball was a rookie getting coached by John Fox and not that good of a back anyway and when Toby Gerhart was a plodder going to an offensive blackhole and also when all circumstances are unilateral and there are no such things as variables

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

The Joseph Randle poo poo is so funny to me. Here's a guy who is so talented that he barely touched the ball last year.

I realize Murray was a loving bull and they were running him until he couldn't run anymore, but you don't just keep talented players on the bench.

• Locked thread