Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I like to whine as much as the next goon but boy Plague is a next level whiner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Matt to Liam posted:

No, YOU shut up.

You're a credit to your people, son.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Kimmalah posted:

When the Silent Hills project got killed off, I was hoping that they'd still do something with it eventually. This wasn't what I had in mind though. :wtc:

I actually got really mad with myself when I figured that you could legit advertise a Silent Hills pachinko with "SEXUAL VIOLENCE".

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rodyle posted:

I like to whine as much as the next goon but boy Plague is a next level whiner.

Watching his DS1 lp is the worst for this because he bitches about people who like to roll/dodge over face tanking/blocking for 20 mins every episode and talks about how smarter and cooler a armor/shield focused souls game would be. At no point does he ever really explain how pressing Shield button at the right time to block attacks then strike back is fundamentally different or more fun than pressing roll at the right time to dodge attacks then strike back, but boy does he go on about how it would be.

The best part is how he went on about how face tanking enemies by wearing big armor is also bad and dumb but somehow his armor as attack block/shield game design doc is gonna be so much better. I'm not even that big into the Souls series and even I am getting frustrated by how that lp is going.

Which is a shame because Plague is usually cool and the LP can be fantastic when it isn't just a pretty background to look at while Plague complains that the franchise is moving away from what he likes for the hundredth time.

On a more on topic note: Matt you already have an "X the Y" title.

Matt the hope killer.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Aug 6, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah I've got a pretty high whine tolerance and I still had to pull the chute on that LP once it was clear it was just going to be his Shield Souls fanfiction for the rest of the playthrough

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I can't even remember when I gave up, but I was just reminded of it because he got pissy about the DS3 footage and Pat just shut him down.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

"Suck it Benoit! Go home and be a family man!"

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Watching his DS1 lp is the worst for this because he bitches about people who like to roll/dodge over face tanking/blocking for 20 mins every episode and talks about how smarter and cooler a armor/shield focused souls game would be. At no point does he ever really explain how pressing Shield button at the right time to block attacks then strike back is fundamentally different or more fun than pressing roll at the right time to dodge attacks then strike back, but boy does he go on about how it would be.

The best part is how he went on about how face tanking enemies by wearing big armor is also bad and dumb but somehow his armor as attack block/shield game design doc is gonna be so much better. I'm not even that big into the Souls series and even I am getting frustrated by how that lp is going.

Which is a shame because Plague is usually cool and the LP can be fantastic when it isn't just a pretty background to look at while Plague complains that the franchise is moving away from what he likes for the hundredth time.

Usually when Plague starts on one of his shield or lore tangents I just skip ahead until I see that he's finally started moving again. I like dodging and shield-play fairly equally, but it's still not bothering me too much. I do think he's doing a really good job showing off the game whenever he can stop himself from drifting off into long lectures though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Someone bought SNK Playmore

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/08/06/chinese-company-plans-to-turn-snk-playmores-games-into-anime-movies-television-shows/

For 65 million bucks (whoah), they purchased the SNK license and plan to expand to multi-media about the franchise

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/06/fox-officially-announces-prison-break-return-in-development

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Tae posted:

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/08/06/chinese-company-plans-to-turn-snk-playmores-games-into-anime-movies-television-shows/

For 65 million bucks (whoah), they purchased the SNK license and plan to expand to multi-media about the franchise

What will become of their CEO drinking bird?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Tae posted:

I'm gonna hyperventilate thinking about a new Fatal Fury movie or show. I don't care how dumb as gently caress it could be. Plus games, more games would be great.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

OMG, before Plague spoke I actually thought that was Pat about to do some Wyatt Family gimmick or something.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wiseblood posted:

OMG, before Plague spoke I actually thought that was Pat about to do some Wyatt Family gimmick or something.

I thought the same thing. I did not know they were identical twins.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Holy poo poo.

Is this the first on-screen appearance of Plague?

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Dexie posted:

Holy poo poo.

Is this the first on-screen appearance of Plague?

He had a postage stamp-sized video of himself for the intro to his Patreon account, but otherwise yeah.

It's good to see the fence is working, and keeping him from devouring humanity.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I thought the same thing. I did not know they were identical twins.

They don't look quite so identical without that hat he's wearing. Pat still hasn't taken the plunge and just shaved off what's left of his hair like Plague has.

And yeah he doesn't really have a lot of on-screen appearances, but most of his illustrated self-portraits seem to be pretty true to life.

doos posted:

He had a postage stamp-sized video of himself for the intro to his Patreon account, but otherwise yeah.

It's good to see the fence is working, and keeping him from devouring humanity.

That's no fence, that's a huge crop of green beans behind him, with poles for the vines to climb on. :haw: It's one of those things you run into a lot living in Kentucky.

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Aug 7, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
All the rustlemania episodes have been killers so far, either hilarious or legitimately hype

great job guys

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Turns out the whole cloud computing for environmental destruction in Crackdown 3 was right. The power of the cloud eh? Sure sounds like an always online thing though.

Also Life is Strage is today! Hope it's not a 20 minute episode.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

HGH posted:

Turns out the whole cloud computing for environmental destruction in Crackdown 3 was right. The power of the cloud eh? Sure sounds like an always online thing though.

Apparently the citywide destruction is multiplayer only.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
That puts a damper on it but it's probably for the best to be less intrusive/annoying to players.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HGH posted:

Turns out the whole cloud computing for environmental destruction in Crackdown 3 was right. The power of my butt eh? Sure sounds like an always online thing though.
It sure as hell looks nice, though. drat.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Why even edit that?

Just watched the latest RE3 part. Hunter Gammas are a weird, kinda out of place enemy in RE3, but they also show up in 2 other games, Outbreak and Darkside Chronicles. In Outbreak they could swallow you whole for an insta-kill, and you had to swim through a bay where they could do that even more easily. In Darkside, you fight them in a tropical jungle where they jump at you from a river. Both of those are probably a better use of the whole frog-based Hunter thing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HGH posted:

Why even edit that?
Who edited what?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm probably just missing a joke here but you edited out "cloud" for butt.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
It's an aged extension for some web browsers that change "the cloud" into "my butt" automatically. Same thing with a more recent extension that turns "SJW" into "skeleton".

For those that have both extensions on and that are reading my post, that last sentence must be super confusing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Apparently putting quotes around it foils the extension, who knew!

And I'd get the SJW skeleton one if it replaced it with SKELETONS and not just skeleton

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

I think it does, and my memory is just bad. I don't use either, so I wouldn't even know where to begin searching. I just know about them from various discussions on them from other threads here.

I think they're pretty funny, and I'd definitely send Pat one that turned pretty much any phrase into "dickbutt".

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

HGH posted:

Why even edit that?

Just watched the latest RE3 part. Hunter Gammas are a weird, kinda out of place enemy in RE3, but they also show up in 2 other games, Outbreak and Darkside Chronicles. In Outbreak they could swallow you whole for an insta-kill, and you had to swim through a bay where they could do that even more easily. In Darkside, you fight them in a tropical jungle where they jump at you from a river. Both of those are probably a better use of the whole frog-based Hunter thing.

They could swallow you whole in re3 too. I think it required you to be in danger though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
In a weird fighting game turn, Arcs System Works is going to publish Skull Girls for Japan. Weird, but makes sense.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

In a weird fighting game turn, Arcs System Works is going to publish Skull Girls for Japan. Weird, but makes sense.

Then it turns out it's the pre-Drama build with no netcode at all, just to mirror our experience.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I can't see that company name without thinking of this dumb/hilarious thing someone made:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Oxyclean posted:

I can't see that company name without thinking of this dumb/hilarious thing someone made:

Lol

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

Oxyclean posted:

To be fair, I gently caress this up constantly, as well.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

"NO SWEET BABY" is one of my favorite things Matt has started yelling in recent videos because I have no idea what the hell he's actually trying to stop (I imagine it's Zach?)

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

"NO SWEET BABY" is one of my favorite things Matt has started yelling in recent videos because I have no idea what the hell he's actually trying to stop (I imagine it's Zach?)

It's 100% Zach. Or Liam, but the vents shouldn't be low enough to affect the LP.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I assume so, since you can hear Zach meowing in response to it in one of the recent Game of Thrones videos.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Zach provides the best commentary.:3:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
This is the best Fisticuffs intro ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Rhonne posted:

This is the best Fisticuffs intro ever.