Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Ramsus posted:

are you people still avoiding fat but consuming mass amounts of sugar

My macros are 55% fat, 23% protein, 22% carbs

Thats good right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i dont obsessively avoid sugar and fat outside of non-nutrition drinks, but i do try to avoid getting a ton of either

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
worked out last night then immediately drank my smoothie made of spinach, nana, bloobs and strawbs with skim milk and 0 fat high protein yoghurt. 0 aches or pains today, is it super important to get your protein fix right after a workout for a good recovery?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I think stretching down is probably more important than whatever weird rear end salad smoothie you're eating.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Just eat less and move more :shrug: I'm down 13 pounds with this one weird trick!

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

notZaar posted:

I think stretching down is probably more important than whatever weird rear end salad smoothie you're eating.

but stretching is really boring and time not spent crushing weights

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
protein is important for muscle recovery but so is proper blood flow and flexibility, its not the worst idea to try some yoga

hey, if girls can get over swole hangups you can get over hippy stretching hangups

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

The Saurus posted:

but stretching is really boring and time not spent crushing weights

Use the time to reflect on your many failures in life, allowing the sadness to permeate your deep muscles and relax them completely.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Dum Cumpster posted:

Just eat less and move more :shrug: I'm down 13 pounds with this one weird trick!

I dunno, sounds really tough

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I dunno, sounds really tough

My complex diet allows me to still drink beer or ARTIFICIALLY SWEETENED soda and eat ice cream occasionally while still getting stronger and losing weight.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I got down to 160 lb from 185 but now I'm too beta to keep cutting down to a six pack and I'm just maintaining.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Dum Cumpster posted:

My complex diet allows me to still drink beer or ARTIFICIALLY SWEETENED soda and eat ice cream occasionally while still getting stronger and losing weight.

You heard it first here guys, lose weight on DC's beer / diet soda / icecream diet!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
theres nothing wrong with booze and ice cream and soda so long as you can handle it in moderation, simple fact is that a lot of people are easily addicted, more than are willing to admit

i still sometimes get a fourpack of Stewarts Key Lime soda because i really like that flavor (even tho it is completely packed full of sugar and calories )

im down to 172 from 238 since i quit my sugar habits, started MFP, and got on a gym routine, no six pack yet but i'm making progress, feels good man

i'm thinking of looking into bulking/cutting once I hit 165-168

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Yah like I said I just started running a few miles, then fast walking at an incline (my gym has ridiculous incline treadmills that go up to 30%) before each lifting session and I'm pretty shredded now. Lol if you don't do any cardio

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I do 20-30 miles of cycling on Mondays but all its really doing for me is making my hips sore as hell for a day.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

notZaar posted:

I do 20-30 miles of cycling on Mondays but all its really doing for me is making my hips sore as hell for a day.

Maybe you're grinding down that precious cartilage :ohdear:

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all

notZaar posted:

I got down to 160 lb from 185 but now I'm too beta to keep cutting down to a six pack and I'm just maintaining.

Fuckin lol if you don't have abs at 160. You'd better be 5'5

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

monny posted:

Fuckin lol if you don't have abs at 160. You'd better be 5'5

Yeah I agree with this

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I'm 5'9" what can I say I'm a softboi. I can kind of almost see my abs when I stretch my arms up over my head.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Eat some more, lift some heavy things, and build some muscle. It's good for you

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I'm 195 and I can see abs if I flex. Can you not see anything at all or do you just mean your abs aren't chiseled?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
http://imgur.com/altm1yl

You can kind of see where my abs are but they're comfortably packed in nice layer of flab.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Body dismorphia: the thread

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
eh you could start bulking from that dude

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
i have a heavy built powerful man frame and weighed 190-195 when i was in the best shape of my life, but to be really shredded i would need to dip down to 175-180 range.

currently 200 and i'm not sure it's worth it

not sure how a man can weigh 160 and be huge, my brother weighs 160 and he is skinny as gently caress with no muscle

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Depends on peoples definition of huge

This is George st pierre who fought in the welterweight division (170 pounds)

Though now that I think about it those guys all cut weight so he probably weighed closer to 180-190 usually

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
yeah i'd say i have his frame but he is better looking and has less fat + more muscle

e. also i have no asian tattoo

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

notZaar posted:

http://imgur.com/altm1yl

You can kind of see where my abs are but they're comfortably packed in nice layer of flab.

Did you shave a goddamed star in to your gut, son?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Hail Satan

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

notZaar posted:

Hail Satan
https://vine.co/v/egd3vwt1JPF

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
Lotta betas taking supplements

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2015/08/07/430347355/men-looking-to-get-ripped-are-at-risk-of-abusing-legal-supplements

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
""It became more and more ubiquitous," Achiro says. "Guys around my age who I knew – I'd go to their apartment and see a tub of some kind of [protein] powder.""

This is when you need to call for an intervention:siren::siren::siren:

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Haha what in the gently caress is this?

"Abusing whey protein and the like can also put gym goers at risk for other health problems such as body dysmorphic disorder, also known as muscle dysmorphia, and related body image disorders."

Do I also abuse water when I hydrate before/during workouts?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Liberal logic:
hosed up queer boy wants to look like a chick = "What a brave person! Respect her pronouns!!"

Dude wants to be strong and look muscular = "This sad individual is addicted to protein and has brain problems!!!"

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
If only whey protein was that "dangerously" efficient. They banned ephedra , maybe whey is next. Can't have any fun, gotta think of the children

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Whey is just cheese stuffs

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

"They call it 'powdering'- and it could be happening in your child's school right now"

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

notZaar posted:

Liberal logic:
hosed up queer boy wants to look like a chick = "What a brave person! Respect her pronouns!!"

Dude wants to be strong and look muscular = "This sad individual is addicted to protein and has brain problems!!!"

what if im addicted to protein and looking strong, but am also addicted to queer boys

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
I mean, they take such a wholesome , natural substance like milk, and through god knows what chemical/gene manipulation they come up with this powder that is just so concentrated it's dangerous.

The closest equivalent is the difference between coca leaves and cocaine !!

share this to save a man from muscle dysphoria !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
when protein is banned, only lunkheads will have protein

• Locked thread