Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

88h88 posted:

Are people in here really thinking that someone would put in effort to PAINT titanium to get that finish when a quick blast with heat does the same thing but better?

...this is AI, right?

Have you not seen the awful poo poo thread? On a car like that, yeah no way they just painted it, but I put nothing past the stupidity of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

88h88 posted:

Are people in here really thinking that someone would put in effort to PAINT titanium to get that finish when a quick blast with heat does the same thing but better?

...this is AI, right?

To be fair, vwvortex has been consistent proof that yes, idiots will do something like that. See: rust paint

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This lady's got it figured out.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

Powershift posted:

This lady's got it figured out.

If she's not fat I'll put a ring on her.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Just another boring day in the 2 minute drive from my house to the 101 this morning:

Not pictured at the same shop: A marine-green Veyron, silver Porsche Carerra GT, black on black Viper T/A, whatever is next to the Pagani (I had a bit of target fixation I'm afraid), and a 'frozen white' competition package E92 M3.

My sad-rear end 100% bone stock 20k mile Space Gray M3 was the shittiest car in the lot.

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Aug 7, 2015

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Is that at Symbolic?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Nah, it's in the Valley. SoCal has some sick cars, but I think that Pagani is the wildest thing I've seen actually out and about.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
There's a couple/few Huayra's in the LA area, along with a couple other Paganis, and a couple more in the Bay area. That would be loving sweet to see IRL and I wish Houston had any kind of car scene. Its such a big city, and there's really not much here outside the Cars & Coffee stuff you'd usually see.

meatcookie
Jun 2, 2007
That thingy on the seat... is that a nut cooler or a seat adjuster?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

meatcookie posted:

It's a grand touerer, that's a pee hole.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

Nah, it's in the Valley. SoCal has some sick cars, but I think that Pagani is the wildest thing I've seen actually out and about.
Where? I'd drive 5 minutes out of my way to look at that.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

meatcookie posted:

why not both?

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

meatcookie posted:

Close. It's a seat cooler, and, if you're not careful, a nut adjuster.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
Pagani does truly have the most beautiful interiors on their cars.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

OptimusMatrix posted:

Pagani does truly have the most beautiful interiors on their cars.

True, but it looks so much nicer in a less gaudy colour -

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
What's the... thing in the driver's seat

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

hackbunny posted:

What's the... thing in the driver's seat

Literally three posts above yours.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

AirRaid posted:

It looks like a 50s movie spaceship.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

AirRaid posted:

You guys are joking about this being good, right? Just checking.

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn
I never understood why seemingly every car enthusiast talks about how good Pagani interiors look. It's like they conflate the car being a great car and the interior being made of expensive materials as "good interior".

It's gaudy as poo poo.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I think a gaudy interior works when made of expensive materials. Also, I kind of like the Buck Rogers aesthetic.

That said, I also like this:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

I think a gaudy interior works when made of expensive materials. Also, I kind of like the Buck Rogers aesthetic.

That said, I also like this:

Spyker D8 :allears:

I agree that they are gaudy, but on some cars gaudy works, to a point.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
I think they work as a form of visible accelerationism (in that they really really make me want to murder the rich).

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Saw this parked at Lowes today. First time I've seen a McLaren in person.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I am in a deeply committed relationship with the Williams FW 36/37 :swoon:

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
Vehicles at a popular spot in the bay area:

Really not sure about these wheels

The awesome part was both of them had child booster seats in them.

mad.radhu fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Aug 8, 2015

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Mister Kingdom posted:

It looks like a 50s movie spaceship.

If there were brushed aluminum/chrome instead of carbon fiber/chrome it would be indistinguishible from a 50s move spaceship. I think they nailed the look.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

mad.radhu posted:

Oh hey, that's Alice's. There's usually something interesting parked up there, even on weekdays. I love doing the 35/9/84 loopback when I'm down there. But if you're a night owl and like freeway shenanigans, 3AM in LA can turn interesting fast.

Speaking of silicon valley, some friends and I were hanging out recently -

The Vette is a Z51 with the 7 speed manual, and the 458 owner ordered it so he could have one of the last of the NA 458s. It's LOUD

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001

mad.radhu posted:

I lived about 100 yards from there in the early 2000s. I would usually be woken up on weekends by motorcycles screaming up the first southbound straightaway on 35 departing Alice's. Then I'd fire up my TL1000S and join in. Good times.

Also speaking of carseats, there was a mom at my daughter's preschool who daily drove a tracked out '86 guards red 911 with a Recaro carseat in it. It was never not amazing.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

AnnoyBot posted:

I lived about 100 yards from there in the early 2000s. I would usually be woken up on weekends by motorcycles screaming up the first southbound straightaway on 35 departing Alice's. Then I'd fire up my TL1000S and join in. Good times.

This is my thought about Laguna Seca when I see them posting on Facebook about how the community is trying to further restrict or shut them down.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

I found a Hammer today.

Goddamn that thing is so Miami Vice cool.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

I never understood why seemingly every car enthusiast talks about how good Pagani interiors look. It's like they conflate the car being a great car and the interior being made of expensive materials as "good interior".

It's gaudy as poo poo.

I'm just making sure you realize your complaint about the interior of a Pagani is that it's "gaudy," as opposed to

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

blk
Dec 19, 2009

AnnoyBot posted:

Also speaking of carseats, there was a mom at my daughter's preschool who daily drove a tracked out '86 guards red 911 with a Recaro carseat in it. It was never not amazing.

I used to live in the area too and really miss it. The peninsula is so loving beautiful, I wish I could take my (pedal) bike back there and just ride for a year.

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn

14 INCH SLIT posted:

I'm just making sure you realize your complaint about the interior of a Pagani is that it's "gaudy," as opposed to

I may be in the minority, but I hate gaudy. This is the same forum that ridicules Lexuses. This looks very similar to me.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

I want this loving thing so bad.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

It's gaudy as poo poo.

Gaudy can work. It just depends on how you define gaudy.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Speaking of gaudy. Garage collections are usually a *yawn but goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I have to profess, despite the cylon face, and the excess weight and the mediocre performance compared to it's rivals and the price, there's something about the RC-F that makes me want it.

I think it's the blue.