Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I love this. Deadpool's story arc has always been "Wants to be a superhero but can't/is foiled in some way" and it's always been extremely regressive and boring to see the character's clock reset every time another writer comes on. Now we have the logical step of "he's a superhero, now what".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Senor Candle posted:

I hope Duggan ends up with the longest run on Deadpool. Who has that title now?

Probably that one cosplayer, if you combine all his adventures into an imgur album.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Senor Candle posted:

I hope Duggan ends up with the longest run on Deadpool. Who has that title now?

Daniel Way did 65 issues (63 plus two .1 issues) and we might as well count that 5 issue Wolverine: Origins arc. Right now Duggan has 45 issues of the main series, 12 digital issues of the Gauntlet (7 issues physically) and 5 issues of the Hawkeye crossover miniseries. So let's say...

Daniel Way: 70
Gerry Duggan: 57

Yeah, he has this in the bag.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gavok posted:

Daniel Way did 65 issues (63 plus two .1 issues) and we might as well count that 5 issue Wolverine: Origins arc. Right now Duggan has 45 issues of the main series, 12 digital issues of the Gauntlet (7 issues physically) and 5 issues of the Hawkeye crossover miniseries. So let's say...

Daniel Way: 70
Gerry Duggan: 57

Yeah, he has this in the bag.

59 if you include the Secret Wars tie in

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Aug 4, 2015

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Gavok posted:

Fair enough. Meanwhile, here's who I have penned for the bottom 5:

20) Rob Rodi: Identity Disc was poo poo.

19) Duane Swierczynski: His two minis were completely vanilla and he had one sequence in Wade Wilson's War that was so unfunny that it actually made me angry.

18) Frank Tieri: Weak run outside of that really sweet funeral issue. Otherwise a handful of decent ideas that never landed.

17) Victor Gischler: "Man, Deadpool sure is WACKY! ...That's all I got."

16) Daniel Way: Had some flashes of brilliance and strong stories early on, but he never knew when to quit and stayed on for far too long with the stories getting worse and worse.

I don't remember hating Identity Disc. I mean, yeah, it was pretty forgettable, but worse than Victor Gischler? drat, man. drat.

Maybe I should re-read it, I should still have the floppies in a box somewhere.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Here's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPZHBjyUGhQ

and this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyKWUTwSYAs

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Just saw those. Looks like they're going with the leaked script from a few years back.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Blind Sally posted:

Just saw those. Looks like they're going with the leaked script from a few years back.

Yeah, there seem to have been a few changes made since then, like what song he's listening to on the bridge (in the script it was Hollaback Girl), but it's very much that script in a lot of ways.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The biggest change made is that Negasonic Teenage Warhead (the girl in the Colossus part) is added as kind of a teenage sidekick.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I fully support that change if only to have a character named Negasonic Teenage Warhead in any movie.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I wonder if they had to get permission from Monster Magnet to use the name.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

As a guy who knows way too much about Deadpool, I was asked to analyze the new movie trailer from top to bottom. This is what I got.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I really hope that shot of Wade/Vanessa banging means the montage of them having sex in different holiday themed costumes to show the passage of time is still in from the leaked script.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TheJoker138 posted:

I really hope that shot of Wade/Vanessa banging means the montage of them having sex in different holiday themed costumes to show the passage of time is still in from the leaked script.

Morena Baccarin confirmed it is

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

Morena Baccarin confirmed it is

gently caress. Yes.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Deadpool prices have gone insane.

Why is my copy of What If: Deadpool/Venom from a few years ago selling for $170 :psyduck:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Boinks posted:

Deadpool prices have gone insane.

Why is my copy of What If: Deadpool/Venom from a few years ago selling for $170 :psyduck:

Dude, loving sell that piece of crap.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Other insane prices:

Merc with a Mouth 1-13 $100
Deadpool Corps 1-12 $75
Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe 1-4 $125
Vol. 2 Joe Kelly Run -1,0,1-69 with annuals and one shots $600

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Speculation related to the film/trailer, probably.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Uhhh and I wanted to buy my sister some trades of the classic Kelly run or Cable and Deadpool for her birthday :(. Well hopefully comic book stores won't be as insane.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Uhhh and I wanted to buy my sister some trades of the classic Kelly run or Cable and Deadpool for her birthday :(. Well hopefully comic book stores won't be as insane.

You're better off getting her a Marvel Unlimited subscription, methinks.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dr. Killjoy posted:

This might help
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...e+1%2Caps%2C230

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

You're in luck because the trades are cheap. Cable/Deadpool was even reprinted recently.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Boinks posted:

Other insane prices:

Merc with a Mouth 1-13 $100
Deadpool Corps 1-12 $75
Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe 1-4 $125
Vol. 2 Joe Kelly Run -1,0,1-69 with annuals and one shots $600

Why in the world would someone want to own Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Boinks posted:

You're in luck because the trades are cheap. Cable/Deadpool was even reprinted recently.

Which is the only Deadpool series people need, really.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TwoPair posted:

On it's own it's not very good, but taken with the two sequels I actually quite liked the story it told.

Merc With A Mouth and Deadpool Corps on the other hand...

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

As a collector I can say it's not about the content at all. It's about owning one of everything.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

TwoPair posted:

Well I own it and I'd much rather own $125 so maybe I should sell it.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deadpool posted:

Here's a fun interview with Duggan on the new volume of Deadpool. Says they have a road map for the series where it'll end up being about as long as the last one. So it looks like Duggan is going to be writing Deadpool for a while. Which is a prayer answered for me. Also he touches on Deadpool and Steve Rogers being buddies now and how it connects to Uncanny Avengers which he is also writing.

Captain America is my favorite superhero period, so having him be a big part of Deadpool's story is great for me. I love their awkward friendship.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/interview-duggans-deadpool-deals-with-the-pressures-of-high-profile-heroics

This makes me so happy in so many ways. I love Duggan on Deadpool and how he writes Cap too....this is just awesome. I also love how DP merchandise is funding the Avengers.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Nicieza and Reilly Brown are doing a 6 issue digital sequel to Cable and Deadpool in December.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/nicieza-brown-reunite-for-new-deadpool-cable-split-second-series

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Deadpool posted:

Nicieza and Reilly Brown are doing a 6 issue digital sequel to Cable and Deadpool in December.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/nicieza-brown-reunite-for-new-deadpool-cable-split-second-series

Oh man I just picked up the Cable and Deadpool omni so I should be primed for this when it comes out.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mrs. Deadpool And The Howling Commandos was another 4 issue mini-series. I could have sworn I read somewhere that it would become an ongoing.

As a bonus, the end tells us that Deadpool Volume 4, Issue 1 will be out in November.

Also, does anyone know when Spider-Man/Deadpool is supposed to start?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Kheldarn posted:

Mrs. Deadpool And The Howling Commandos was another 4 issue mini-series. I could have sworn I read somewhere that it would become an ongoing.

As a bonus, the end tells us that Deadpool Volume 4, Issue 1 will be out in November.

Also, does anyone know when Spider-Man/Deadpool is supposed to start?

Mrs. Deadpool was Secret Wars tie-in, not an ongoing. I think they just kind of kept up the ruse of "this is the new status quo!" when announcing it to go along with Secret Wars. Spider-Man/Deadpool has been stated to be an ongoing and will start I think in either November or December.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

A preview for the new run that starts on November 4:

Not sure if it's from the first issue or not.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's from Avengers 0 and is a preview of Uncanny Avengers.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Looks like I have a new favorite Deadpool cover.

I also love the chrome outline on the 2099 issue cover.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

X-O posted:

Looks like I have a new favorite Deadpool cover.

Way to waste a perfectly good pizza. Cable's such a jerk, making sure Wade would step in it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Kinda sad it looks like we're sticking with Hard Man Making Hard Choices Cable instead of the warrior monk thing he had going in the original C/D run.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Kinda sad it looks like we're sticking with Hard Man Making Hard Choices Cable instead of the warrior monk thing he had going in the original C/D run.

Agreed, that run is the most I ever liked Cable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This could and probably should go in the movie thread, but I'm posting it here instead. Ryan Reynolds and Tim Miller gave an interview on the Deadpool movie. It's full of fun stuff like this question.

quote:

Reynolds: We wanted a lithe and kind of a little more slippery than the big beefcake kind of thing..

Something that’s kind of a classic Liefeld character design is the pouches and I notice that you have the pouches.

Reynolds: I have the pouches. And I have feet (LAUGHS)

Reynolds confirms feet!

http://collider.com/deadpool-ryan-reynolds-tim-miller-interview/

And here's an interview with the writers:

http://collider.com/deadpool-rhett-reese-paul-wernick-interview/

And here's another on Colossus:

http://screenrant.com/deadpool-colossus-russian/

• Locked thread