Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
This is a pretty great article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

Sadly not, although that one is amazing as well

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
All of the press, not just Fox, is talking about how horribly Trump did and how his campaign is over without any date to back that up whatsoever

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

greatn posted:

All of the press, not just Fox, is talking about how horribly Trump did and how his campaign is over without any date to back that up whatsoever

They are trying really hard to make this true by simply repeating it loudly a lot of times. Lets see what the polls say but I bet that it doesn't work. They are losing the reins.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

greatn posted:

Gonna be so great when he goes up in the polls again and the next day on Fox and Friends they spend a full hour just staring into space

Great_Gerbil
Sep 1, 2006
Rhombomys opimus
Uh, disregard.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Trump openly at war with Fox News would be pretty fantastic.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
How long until they just ride the snake?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

NotWearingPants posted:

WINNERS VOTE TRUMP (you loser)

Love it. So these were the three prototypes for my prints today. Really liking the third one.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

JT Jag posted:

Gonna be so great when he goes up in the polls again and the next day on Fox and Friends they spend a full hour just staring into space

I think the big struggle FOX is going to have is pointing The Gun at a popular successful white conservative without shooting other popular successful white conservatives by implication.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Well, Donald Trump tweeted that he will be on Megyn Kelly tonight with a picture of them behind the scenes smiling.

This would be the test. Kelly will probably go after him for the misogynist talk but if she continues hammering all of the other talking points or if she claims that his candidacy is in trouble (before polls even come out), then we know Fox is trying to actively take him out.

Bizarro Kanyon fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Aug 7, 2015

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Mordiceius posted:

Love it. So these were the three prototypes for my prints today. Really liking the third one.

I wish he was actually using these. I like the second one.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Ignite Memories posted:

What's funny is, these are exactly the type of hostage-taking tactics that the republicans have been pulling in the House. He's blackmailing them into an unwinnable situation.

Not exactly, congressional republicans won't pull the trigger whereas Trump is literally wildcard Charlie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYtjpIwamos

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

I got a spam email from Scott Walker today.

The subject line was "Why".

I don't know if I dare delve deeper into it.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Man, Game Change 2016 is going to be such a gripping read.
Only if they get access.
2012 was a dud compared to 2008 where every McCain staffer had an axe to grind.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Well, Donald Trump tweeted that he will neon Megyn Kelly tonight with a picture of them behind the scenes smiling.

I read this multiple times, googled "neon as a verb" and still it took me five more minutes before I realized you meant to write "BE on Megyn Kelly"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Why does everyone think "yooge" is a Trumpism? It's from Bernie Sanders.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Only if they get access.
2012 was a dud compared to 2008 where every McCain staffer had an axe to grind.
This won't be a problem if Trump somehow gets the nod.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Lord of Pie posted:

I just had the idea to create a new email address and follow all the republican candidates and read their crazy emails.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Why does everyone think "yooge" is a Trumpism? It's from Bernie Sanders.

Adversarial acquisition. Trump owns the very words you speak.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Lord of Pie posted:

Lol.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

blue squares posted:

I just had the idea to create a new email address and follow all the republican candidates and read their crazy emails.

I somehow ended up on the Carson mailing list too but his were pretty much just ads to buy his book.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Somehow I ended up on FreedomWorks e-mail list and I can't imagine why. Are they anti NSA surveillance? because that's the only thing I could imagine accidentally signing up for a mailing list about from an organization that seems to mostly want to dismantle the IRS.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

BGrifter posted:

the wars already started

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Baby, don't hurt me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo7P1ERN5uY

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Ted planning a hike?

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

The Nastier Nate posted:

Based on Megyn Kelly's facebook - Nate Silver may have whiffed on this one:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/donald-trump-wont-win-a-war-against-fox-news/

I'm unconvinced. If you trust Fox News, and they tell you the Iran deal is bad or that Obamacare will kill the economy, you'll believe Fox because you don't have any other trustworthy sources of information about Iran and Obamacare.

But if Fox News is trying to convince you that Donald Trump is terrible, while at that very moment Donald Trump is standing right there on your television saying and doing the things you like most about him... you're going to experience serious cognitive dissonance. The past seven years have demonstrated that Republican voters, when there's a conflict between an authority telling them the alleged "facts" or trusting their guts, will always stick to their guts. That's how we get anti-vaxxers, young earth creationists, Jade Helm etc.

Don't forget the RINO factor, either. The Republican base takes every opportunity to label public figures as insufficiently conservative and secretly in the pocket of the establishment. If a prominent media figure attacks Trump (who's already laying the groundwork for a maverick, against-the-establishment narrative) they risk damaging their own credibility as well.

The Kelly attacks in particular were a terrible idea. As we've seen countless times, Republican voters instinctively kick back against accusations of bigotry to support the accused. So on one side, you've got tell-it-like-it-is Trump making funny jokes about that fatass Rosie O'Donnell, and on the other you have this "aggressive" (bitchy) blonde bimbo who obviously can't take a joke whining about political correctness.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Seriously though, unironically, Trump is significantly less horrible than every other republican candidate.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Unfactcheckable.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

BGrifter posted:

update:

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

blue squares posted:

I read this multiple times, googled "neon as a verb" and still it took me five more minutes before I realized you meant to write "BE on Megyn Kelly"

Sorry, autocorrect on my phone. Thanks.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Lord of Pie posted:

I still can't loving believe Scott Walker actually danced around answering "Would you really let a mother die rather than let her have an abortion?"

I thought even completely insane pro-life people were okay with the "life of the mother" exception, if nothing else because of obvious things like ectopic pregnancies.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
So are Trump and Megyn Kelly gonna gently caress or what?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Joementum posted:

Unfactcheckable.

:frogsiren:LIBERAL BIAS!!!!!:frogsiren:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

He's right! Krauthammer should be fired!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Aerosmith attended the debate. Here's Joe Perry with the candidates.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Kasich with the Cruz girls, probably telling them it's OK to be gay.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Trump: "I got you the best ratings and you say nothing but bad..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

Aerosmith attended the debate. Here's Joe Perry with the candidates.

They are white people from Boston so they probably hate minorities and immigrants.

• Locked thread