Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Von Pearson reinstated to the school and football team.

http://tennessee.247sports.com/Bolt/Von-Pearson-reinstated-to-Tennessee-Football-team-38617320

quote:

Butch Jones and Tennessee football received excellent news today regarding a star wide receiver. Junior Von Pearson has been reinstated to the school and football team, per the Tennessee Football twitter account.

Von Pearson has been reinstated to the football team.

— Tennessee Football (@Vol_Football) August 7, 2015

Von Pearson, the second leading receiver in 2014, was suspended from the team and school following a rape accusation that was formally dismissed by the Knox County district attorney on Wednesday. "After a thorough review of the investigation, I have determined that there is insufficient evidence to sustain a criminal prosecution against Von Pearson," Allen said in a press release.

Pearson, a Newport News, Va., native, caught 38 passes for 393 yards and a team-leading five touchdowns in 2014.

I'm happy that he's back but given the circumstance of the initial suspension I hesitate to be too happy about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I hope Tennessee has a cool year because a strong SEC East would be neat.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I hope Tennessee has a cool year because a strong SEC East would be neat.

I've said this too (the strong SEC part, specifically). I hope Florida can turn it around too. Having a 3 way race to the finish was always fun.

Mizzou can gently caress off.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Missouri can't style on everyone forever

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Coco13 posted:

The fact Wisconsin's is rum and not Korbel brandy really invalidates that research.

I doubt the core Wisconsin brandy drinking demographic uses phone apps.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

pillsburysoldier posted:

Missouri can't lose to loving Indiana and squeak in anyway forever

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Dickel owns. Fireball is nasty because whiskey should taste like whiskey.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Dickel owns. Fireball is nasty because whiskey should taste like whiskey.

Your problem is considering Fireball to be whiskey instead of tan colored cinnamon schnapps.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Ole Miss may have gotten a letter of inquiry from the NCAA

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
We knew this was coming the nanosecond Freeze pulled in that mammoth recruiting class a couple years back.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I'm amazed it took this long, hasn't Ole Miss been that program that literally everyone knows is dirty for a long rear end time?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

My issue is that it looks like a photocopy of a photocopy of a jpg

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

VDay posted:

I'm amazed it took this long, hasn't Ole Miss been that program that literally everyone knows is dirty for a long rear end time?

I worked with a guy that admitted to being a bag man for the football program. Said it was because he had no ties to either the football program or whoever was providing money. He was just randomly approached about it from a friend of a friend. He said that he would randomly get a text telling him to take an envelope to hand off to someone that knew who the money was going to. I guess it was all done to have as many degrees of separation from whoever was giving the money to whoever was receiving it. He would make $100 each time just to take 20 minutes to hand off an envelope with whatever in it.

I don't know how much of it was BS but he never really struck me as a guy to make poo poo up like that. His instagram handle is something that heavily alludes to it though, and that seems like a pretty dumb move, so who knows.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Seems like a good way to be an unwitting drug mule.

'Naw man, this is totally for football recruits. Trust me.'

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I mean he knew it was actually money but yeah I guess it could have been one half of the actual transaction.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

e: NEVER MIND TOO LATE

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dr_Strangelove fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 7, 2015

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
OK guys, what teams would the 2 losers of tOSU competition not start for? Just curious, I know the number is low, but systems and everything, and who loses out plays in, so give me a ceiling and floor estimate. Thanks, just curious, it is the off-season, nothing going on. #Undisputed.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Michael Corleone posted:

OK guys, what teams would the 2 losers of tOSU competition not start for? Just curious, I know the number is low, but systems and everything, and who loses out plays in, so give me a ceiling and floor estimate. Thanks, just curious, it is the off-season, nothing going on. #Undisputed.

Fuckin' OSU fans, man.

:argh:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Michael Corleone posted:

They would start for no one because they would be sitting on the buckeyes bench

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

SC is limiting the jersey numbers of the replicas this fall:

quote:

South Carolina fans looking to buy football jerseys now have just two options: the No. 1, or the No. 15.

With a federal lawsuit pending over whether athletes deserve compensation over the use of their name, image, and likeness, USC is releasing only two numbers for retail use. Fans will be able to pick between the No. 1 — the ranking the Gamecocks aspire to — or a numeral representing the season, this year No. 15.

The change is for “the foreseeable future,” athletics director Ray Tanner told Spurs and Feathers.

“That seems to be where it’s going now,” Tanner said. “I’d prefer it to be where it was before. If we get to the place where we could remove the financial pressures of that conversation, I think it’s more about fan engagement and the excitement of game day, but it’s a delicate situation.”

Kind of interesting. I wonder how many other schools are doing this.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

RumbleFish posted:

Ohio State is doing the same I heard.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Michael Corleone posted:

Hot takes and hashtags? You're on a roll. Have any rivals puns to add to that?

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

RumbleFish posted:

I like that idea. I have an old Wisconsin jersey #48, presumably for the year the university was founded.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Thoguh posted:

Maybe he should bring up how many conference games we play in the SEC and then we'd know it was your parachute account

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Thoguh posted:

I was asking a legit question. And no, I will not be adding any rivals.com puns, I learned my lesson on my first probation, over four years ago.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Fluffdaddy posted:

Maybe he should bring up how many conference games we play in the SEC and then we'd know it was your parachute account

So no clit?

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Gopher Hole take on Norwood Teague resignation:

Delusional Person posted:

Sounds like these women enjoyed the flirting, but were then appalled when he took it to the next level. They didn't need to give out their numbers and they could've just blocked him instead of responding/encouraging Norwood.

This the exact political correct bs that Trump was talking about in the debate last night.

Minnesota is the home of skinny dipping. He went the Grunseth route. I like it.

Delusional Person posted:

Is it just me, or does it not seem like the relationship between Teague and whomever the other person(s) are was already pretty flirtatious in nature between the two and that there had to be some reciprocal back and forth "bed talk" going on between them and not just coming unsolicited from Teague exclusively? If so, and it was in fact reciprocal flirting and bed talk going on between them outside of captured text messages, then it seems like a crappy situation for Teague that he gets the boot in all of it. Perhaps that is why there was apparently talk going on around his camp that he should "fight" the harassment accusations in the matter, but in the end just decided to sacrifice himself for the good of the U of M and not dragging the situation out. Just my two cents if I am reading those quotes correctly.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Rectal Placenta posted:

Gopher Hole take on Norwood Teague resignation:

That's the most liberal, hippie, progressive poo poo I've ever read from a CFB fansite. Don't ever visit the Tiger Rant. You'l claw your eyes out.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Michael Corleone posted:

I was asking a legit question. And no, I will not be adding any rivals.com puns, I learned my lesson on my first probation, over four years ago.

I am not sure you did

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Can we make using a hashtag other than from quoting social media a probatable offense?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I hate hashtags more than I hate communists, so you can imagine how that much that is

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Sash! posted:

I hate hashtags more than I hate communists, so you can imagine how that much that is #ihatecommunists

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

swickles posted:

Can we make using a hashtag other than from quoting social media a probatable offense?

I would like this.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I've been waiting forever for the taste of that first sweet, sweet practice report action tonight. Doesn't even matter what's in the actual report because it's about things that actually happened as opposed to another top 10 running backs of all time list or some poo poo.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

buddhanc posted:

I've been waiting forever for the taste of that first sweet, sweet practice report action tonight. Doesn't even matter what's in the actual report because it's about things that actually happened as opposed to another top 10 running backs of all time list or some poo poo.

'Nobody's knee exploded' was our practice report. Which, given our depth and injury issues the last few years, is a win for day one.

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .

Sash! posted:

I hate hashtags more than I hate communists, so you can imagine how that much that is

#Blessed

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
Man, I want to believe all of Jabrill Peppers' confidence from his media days interview, and I hope to hell he actually plays three ways.

Instead he'll probably break a leg returning the opening kickoff in the opening game. :smithfrog:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Taking a look at the Thursday night schedule, usual mix of second-or-third-tier P5 games, could-get-fun G5s and a few duds. Oregon @ Arizona St. looks like the highlight on paper.

Wk 1: UNC-SCar, TCU @ Minnesota, OK State @ Central Michigan (AT Central Michigan?!), Michigan @ Utah
Wk 2: La Tech at W. Ky.
Wk 3: Clemson @ Louisville
Wk 4: Cincy @ Memphis
Wk 5: Miami @ Cincy -- two Thursdays in a row for Cincy (this game is gonna be unwatchable right?)
Wk 6: SMU @ Houston, Washington at USC
Wk 7: Auburn @ Kentucky, UCLA @ Stanford
Wk 8: Temple @ ECU, Cal @ UCLA
Wk 9: UNC @ Pitt, WV @ TCU, Oregon @ Arizona St. -- possibly best of the year
Wk 10: Baylor @ K-State, Miss. St. @ Mizzou, Nevada @ Fresno St.; this could give Wk. 9 a run for its money Northern Illinois @ Toledo I am dumb
Wk 11: VT @ GT, Kent St. @ Ohio, Toledo @ Central Michigan oh these are Tuesday
Wk 12: ECU @ UCF Ball St. @ Ohio, Toledo @ Bowling Green I am so bad at reading
Wk 13: Texas Tech @ Texas BG @ Ball St., Ohio @ UNI

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Aug 8, 2015

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I just read practice reports from like 5 different texas sites and none of them matched up. They were all watching the same exact practice live. Team specific sites are still the worst thing in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Taking a look at the Thursday night schedule, usual mix of second-or-third-tier P5 games, could-get-fun G5s and a few duds. Oregon @ Arizona St. looks like the highlight on paper.

Week 11 has Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech which may, as it's expected to every year, decide the ACC Coastal.

• Locked thread