Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Nuebot posted:

I have 0 still. I kind of hate you right now.

I've used all my stamina since the event started at midnight and I have zero as well. I ran it on Hard every single time except once on Normal and once on Z-Hard.

Share the pain!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Just pulled #4.

(I'm sorry guys.)

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I pulled one from hard. I used two bad PHY (orange) characters and the rest AGL (blue). It is very easy to just lay on the supers with all the AGL+3 characters floating about. If I could, though, I would pull at least 3 PHY to increase the chances of having at least 1 PHY every round. I just don't own more than 2 PHY characters so I had to make do.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Nuebot posted:

He likes to pull out his supers a lot I find. I'm not sure if it's random or not but literally any time I've had a non-PHY type take a hit from him it's been a 13k super. It might be slower with an all PHY team but at least it's consistent now, I wouldn't be able to beat Z Hard anyway.

This is pretty much the entire reason I switched to an all-PHY team. That drat Death Beam, especially when he starts the drat fight with it.

Shine posted:

I'm running all PHY except two, with the two being hard hitters of whatever color. That way I'll always have a PHY to block, but I'll also be able to do more damage and charge the Dokkan meter more quickly and use supers more often.

I might swap in a couple of my heavier hitters of different colors for that reason. Mostly, super aside, I feel like it basically averages out to being almost the same thing either way. Either I do and take a lot of damage to finish it quickly one way or another, or I do and take less and it drags out to more or less the same result.

I'll give the game this, though, it's still fun even hitting a bit of a wall. There's enough strategy that you don't ever have to feel like you just got shafted by the RNG.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I'm also at 0 Mecha Frieza.

I ran the poo poo out of Jackie Chun and ended up with 0, got 4 Mecha Tao, and I REALLY want to get Mecha Frieza. Always running on Hard. :(

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

ChronoReverse posted:

I've used all my stamina since the event started at midnight and I have zero as well. I ran it on Hard every single time except once on Normal and once on Z-Hard.

Share the pain!

I've done the same as well. The drop rates in this game are terrible and combined with the lovely pull rates, pretty tempted to just move onto another game.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Webbeh posted:

Finally rolled a third Cyborg Freeza. One on normal, hard, and z-hard.

Z-Hard is far too consuming of materials to be worth it, however. I'm farming potions from the Hard mission.

HA I'm finally better than you at something! I'm up to 4 :smug:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

whens gold frieza

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

HA I'm finally better than you at something! I'm up to 4 :smug:

Right there with you ;).

I refuse to use a Dragon Stone on this one. Cyborg Freeza's already pretty gross at level 4.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

:siren:Info on Dokkan Awakening from Reddit:siren:

but basically any SR Frieza (including a SR version of final form frieza that we havent gotten yet) can become SSR Gold Frieza, both SR Roshi's can become SSR Roshi, both R Chi Chis can become SR Kid Chi Chi but the rest require specific cards that can become other cards

Kid Krillin is also one of these so anyone who wants a DB themed team with Kid Goku, Chi Chi, and Krillin on it will want to keep an eye out for the SR Krillin that you need. and hold onto an R chi chi.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Kelp Plankton posted:

but basically any SR Frieza (including a SR version of final form frieza that we havent gotten yet) can become SSR Gold Frieza, both SR Roshi's can become SSR Roshi, both R Chi Chis can become SR Kid Chi Chi but the rest require specific cards that can become other cards

You're burying the lede here.

We're getting Great Saiyaman and Great Saiyawoman!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Kelp Plankton posted:

whens gold frieza

I am going to wear your skin as a suit.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I was able to farm enough Jackie Chun to max out his super attack. I've only gotten one Mecha Frezia so far though.

Looking forward to someday getting that Max Power Roshi.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

You're burying the lede here.

We're getting Great Saiyaman and Great Saiyawoman!

yeah also that, which is pretty rad. i hope they have amazing links

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I got 4 Mecha Freeza in my first 5 tries, then nothing since. But this minor luck is compensating my horrendous luck on everything else. I am level 50 with no SSRs pulls ever. EVERY single multi-summon pull I did (I did 5 of them during this event) gave me the bare minimum one SR that they guarantee. The sheer amount of lovely redundant R pulls like lvl 5 Mercenary Tao, lvl 5 Guldo, lvl 4 Yajirobe, lvl 4 Dodoria, lvl 3 Cui, lvl 3 Jeice, etc is making me think that I need to put down this game.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
How do leader skills for Dokkan Awakenings work? If I can get Emperor of Iniquity Frieza's leader skill on a really tough Gold Frieza, I'll be super happy with my original pull.

Edit: Never mind, just checked and it seems like it not only keeps the boost but also makes it a 30% attack up instead of a 15. I now no longer regret shelving event Vegeta instead of Frieza.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The Bee posted:

How do leader skills for Dokkan Awakenings work? If I can get Emperor of Iniquity Frieza's leader skill on a really tough Gold Frieza, I'll be super happy with my original pull.

Edit: Never mind, just checked and it seems like it not only keeps the boost but also makes it a 30% attack up instead of a 15. I now no longer regret shelving event Vegeta instead of Frieza.

Yeah EoI Frieza is probably the best to turn into Gold Frieza. Mine has a lv2 super so unless I get real lucky with Mecha Frieza drops (which I won't, I've only gotten one so far) that's probably who I'll do it to too.

The only problem with Frieza Forms Team is that I'm going to end up with like 3 reds, 2 greens, and 1 purple. Not the best coverage. Good gimmick though, very strong links.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Kelp Plankton posted:

Yeah EoI Frieza is probably the best to turn into Gold Frieza. Mine has a lv2 super so unless I get real lucky with Mecha Frieza drops (which I won't, I've only gotten one so far) that's probably who I'll do it to too.

The only problem with Frieza Forms Team is that I'm going to end up with like 3 reds, 2 greens, and 1 purple. Not the best coverage. Good gimmick though, very strong links.

There'll probably be more diverse Friezas later. I mean, if friggin Raditz can have 3 whole colors to himself.

My one regret is that I can't turn Chinese Prince Gohan into the 10-super, crazily weighted attack stat Great Saiyaman. That would be perfect.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

So do you need to have a level 10 super for it? Because it seems like the mecha frieza is the only one you could reasonably do that for.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Nuebot posted:

So do you need to have a level 10 super for it? Because it seems like the mecha frieza is the only one you could reasonably do that for.

No, that's not a requirement. It's just easier to get the super to lv10 before converting to Gold Frieza than it would be afterwards, when it would require having more Gold Frieza cards to do.

If you can't manage it then just don't worry about it. Very few people will be able to do it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

That's kind of a relief actually. I thought you had to have a level 10 super. Level 10 supers are great, but they're not all that necessary considering how rare it is to even get one off in most fights unless you use those orb changing items. I guess I'm just going to have to hope they'll make another Final Form frieza card in the future. Some AGI and PHY frieza types would be nice.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

There's a SR Final Form Frieza available in the Japanese version who's blue actually, apparently he's from a Strike event like Mecha Frieza so also potentially farmable if you're lucky.

He's not SSR like the green one we have but he's potentially a good Gold Frieza candidate. Leader skill is not great though (+2 ki for blue characters) so he's not the best. Helps type coverage at least.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Well I'm not so broken up about not getting the SSR now. Leader skills don't matter too much since I started with the Emperor of Inequity frieza who will probably be my main leader for most teams.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm interested in doing the PAD-style rerolling to get a good starter for Dokkan Battle, but when do I actually get the stones to roll an SSR with? I didn't get anything after the tournament tutorial and had to clear 5 missions to get 6 stones before I could roll.

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

His haunts are not confined to the valley, but extend at times to the adjacent roads...
I think that promotion ended some time ago, unfortunately.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

What's confusing is the game definitely said I got 5 stones after the tournament but I never actually got them.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
You have to go into Gifts and accept the five stones you won.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Yeah, everyone gets a free SR starter and a five stone gift for completing the tutorial. There was also another 5 stones everyone got as part of a promotional thing that has ended, which is what Perpetual Ascent is thinking of.

You can get 7 stones free as part of the current promo thing if you play the game enough days in a row though, on top of the normal login reward stones.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Didn't know the stones would be under Gifts, thank you!!

Is rerolling as big a deal as it was in PAD?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The Ninth Layer posted:

Didn't know the stones would be under Gifts, thank you!!

Is rerolling as big a deal as it was in PAD?

Some people will say yes. It isn't. As long as you got a decent SR at the beginning- the red Frieza or blue Goku being a couple of the strongest- you're fine. Just play the game. You'll get plenty of good poo poo along the way.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Any SSR you manage to get from rerolling is going to be quickly outclassed by the current top-tier stuff in Japan anyway. Honestly I bet you'd be better off starting now with someone you personally like and grinding a lot of Strike events instead of rerolling infinitely or waiting for the top tier SSR characters to be added.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The starting team is really good, honestly. Fully-awakened Neutral Z-fighters are very strong, easy to fully power-up, and have reliable links. Combine that with the Gohan event and you have a team that can clear Hard on a high enough level.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

New Leaf posted:

Some people will say yes. It isn't. As long as you got a decent SR at the beginning- the red Frieza or blue Goku being a couple of the strongest- you're fine. Just play the game. You'll get plenty of good poo poo along the way.

Sweet I got Red Frieza on my first stone roll so I'll stick with him.

vvvvv That's the one I got.

The Ninth Layer fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Aug 9, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

There are two SR red friezas, the good one's leader ability is 15% damage bonus to all types. The bad one is whatever the other thing is.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Malicious Android: Cell, Z-Hard, someone else's SSR Final Form Frieza as my Friend, perfect Dokkan Super.

I win Dokkan Battle.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

After trying a bunch of times to get every strike character and failing, I got a Mecha Frieza. That's great, but the only problem is my current team already has two SSR tech guys in it already (Teen Gohan and Z-Awakened Ginyu), so I don't think he can fit.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I still don't have a mecha frieza. I wish this game had a trading feature.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

After trying a bunch of times to get every strike character and failing, I got a Mecha Frieza. That's great, but the only problem is my current team already has two SSR tech guys in it already (Teen Gohan and Z-Awakened Ginyu), so I don't think he can fit.

He's int though. :confused:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Think he mistyped, considering teen gohan is int too.

Is there any other way to get dragonstones outside of events after you beat story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Echophonic posted:

I wish the androids had better links. I just got an SR AGI 18. I have a mix of 16s, a 17, two 19s, SR Dr. Gero and the Pilaf Fusion Robot. The 16, 17, and 19s I have are all PHY, limiting things somewhat, but I don't know if Android Assault and Twin Terrors/The Innocents is worth trying to build a team around.

I main an android team and can confirm 17 and 18 next to each other kick some major rear end. Also, 19's and Gero's energy absorption ability (chance of recovering 25% of damage dealt) is pretty handy, specially since it can also work with super attacks.

Funny, since one of your PHY 19 would be perfect for my deck. I just wish I had that Rare (not awakened) PHY Cell Jr. from my Friend Summoning's scouter drop already, or another good SR one for this deck since I have a PHY 18 too but I don't want to stop levelling my SR one since I'll probably need her in the future for the harder stages.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Kid Krillin is also one of these so anyone who wants a DB themed team with Kid Goku, Chi Chi, and Krillin on it will want to keep an eye out for the SR Krillin that you need. and hold onto an R chi chi.

Oh, I have that R STR Krillin, so I can have kid Goku and kid Krillin, hope I get a Roshi or Chichi in my next multisummon.

Petiso fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Aug 9, 2015