Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

I don't know if this is real, was claimed on /r/squaredcircle as being a leaked screenshot from a developer, but looks fake as poo poo to me. However, most of these characters either had a feud with Stone Cold or were involved with a feud with Stone Cold or are on the main roster/NXT so it could be legit, except the Hogan thing. Some of the pictures look like poo poo. Also, I can't identify two of them. Who the gently caress are these guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

I have been staring at this quote for like ten minutes trying to come up with a reply.

I mean they're trying something different, dude, okay and maybe you don't like that and you know what? That's fine. But I think it's kind of bullshit that THAT is the reason you dismiss 2K16 as "another piece of poo poo." Really? Was the chain grappling system that bad? Because it wasn't. It wasn't very good, but it wasn't bad, and at least they're doing something new and rather than what THQ did they're actually improving upon it. If it was still THQ and they introduced this system? It wouldn't have gotten updated, been in for two or three games, and then suddenly disappeared.

You're really dismissive. That IGN article gave me a lot of faith. I'm just waiting for them to say PC release. Honestly that's all I need to get on board.

A better computer wouldn't hurt, either, because I can't even run 2K15 on this one.

you prob should have waited longer to type a reply because this and virtually everything you've written itt is embarrassing as gently caress. you deserve whatever poo poo-tier game yukes shoves out

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Skunkrocker posted:

I don't know if this is real, was claimed on /r/squaredcircle as being a leaked screenshot from a developer, but looks fake as poo poo to me. However, most of these characters either had a feud with Stone Cold or were involved with a feud with Stone Cold or are on the main roster/NXT so it could be legit, except the Hogan thing. Some of the pictures look like poo poo. Also, I can't identify two of them. Who the gently caress are these guys?

Having Viscera in there when his family are suing WWE seems unlikely.

Can't identify the guys between Aiden English and Baron Corbin or Fandango and Fernando.

E: Oh the first would be Bad news Barrett I guess.

E2: and the other Farooq, maybe?

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Aug 6, 2015

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Blasmeister posted:

Having Viscera in there when his family are suing WWE seems unlikely.

Can't identify the guys between Aiden English and Baron Corbin

It's Bad News Barrett, I believe

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Two things:

1. This is fake as poo poo, someone on smacktalks made it and IGN accidentally posted it, it's total bullshit.

2. Here is the roster, they hosed up on Fandango and Shane which is why I was confused who they were since the rest of the list is in alphabetical order.

pre:
Adam Rose
Aiden English
Bad News Barret
Baron Corbin
Big E
Big Boss Man
Big Show
Billy Gunn
Blake
Bo Dallas
Booker T
Bray Wyatt
Bret Hart
Brock Lesnar
Bubba Ray
Bull Dempsy
Cesaro
Chris Jericho
Christian
Cass
Curtis Axel
D-Von
Daniel Bryan
Damien Sandow
Darren Young
David Otunga
Dean Ambrose
Diego
Dolph Ziggler
Erick Rowan
Edge
Enzo
Fandango
Evander Holyfield
Fernado
Finn Balor
Golddust
Heath Slater
Hideo
Hogan
Jack Swagger
Jake the Snake
Jamie Noble
JBL
Jimmy
Jey
Joey Mercury
John Cena
Kalisto
Kane
Kevin Owens
Kofi Kingston
Konnor
Luke Harper
Mankind
Mark Henry
Million Dollar Man
The Miz
Mojo
Murphy
Neville
R-Truth
Randy Orton
Road Dogg
RVD
The Rock
Roman Reigns
Rhyno
Rusev
Ryback
Sami Zayn
Seth Rollins
Shaun Michaels
Sheamus
Simon Gotch
Sin Cara
Shane McMahon
Stardust
Sting
Stone Cold
Titus O'Niel
Triple H
Tyler Breeze
Tyson Kidd
The Undertaker
Viktor
Vince McMahon
Viscera
William Regal
X-Pac
Xavier Woods
Zack Ryder
EDIT: while trying to figure this all out, we came to the conclusion it was fake literally because "Vince McMahon" is not his wrestling name; it's always been Mr. McMahon, and he's always been listed under M. :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Delsaber posted:

> You have become friends with John Cena!

> John Cena will now DIE FOR YOU

drat, Make a Wish is really stepping it up

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

Two things:

1. This is fake as poo poo, someone on smacktalks made it and IGN accidentally posted it, it's total bullshit.

2. Here is the roster, they hosed up on Fandango and Shane which is why I was confused who they were since the rest of the list is in alphabetical order.

pre:
Adam Rose
Aiden English
Bad News Barret
Baron Corbin
Big E
Big Boss Man
Big Show
Billy Gunn
Blake
Bo Dallas
Booker T
Bray Wyatt
Bret Hart
Brock Lesnar
Bubba Ray
Bull Dempsy
Cesaro
Chris Jericho
Christian
Cass
Curtis Axel
D-Von
Daniel Bryan
Damien Sandow
Darren Young
David Otunga
Dean Ambrose
Diego
Dolph Ziggler
Erick Rowan
Edge
Enzo
Fandango
Evander Holyfield
Fernado
Finn Balor
Golddust
Heath Slater
Hideo
Hogan
Jack Swagger
Jake the Snake
Jamie Noble
JBL
Jimmy
Jey
Joey Mercury
John Cena
Kalisto
Kane
Kevin Owens
Kofi Kingston
Konnor
Luke Harper
Mankind
Mark Henry
Million Dollar Man
The Miz
Mojo
Murphy
Neville
R-Truth
Randy Orton
Road Dogg
RVD
The Rock
Roman Reigns
Rhyno
Rusev
Ryback
Sami Zayn
Seth Rollins
Shaun Michaels
Sheamus
Simon Gotch
Sin Cara
Shane McMahon
Stardust
Sting
Stone Cold
Titus O'Niel
Triple H
Tyler Breeze
Tyson Kidd
The Undertaker
Viktor
Vince McMahon
Viscera
William Regal
X-Pac
Xavier Woods
Zack Ryder
EDIT: while trying to figure this all out, we came to the conclusion it was fake literally because "Vince McMahon" is not his wrestling name; it's always been Mr. McMahon, and he's always been listed under M. :v:

you would think this would be a fairly immediate tipoff, because why the gently caress

quote:

Evander Holyfield

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

you would think this would be a fairly immediate tipoff, because why the gently caress

Actually turns out I got that wrong; I was thinking of Mike Tyson having a feud with Stone Cold. Turns out that's actually Farooq. Doesn't even look like Ron Simmons.

:drat:

EDIT: also that's only 92 people anyway, good job loving up your own concept art Smacktalks.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Aug 6, 2015

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
Now I'm just going to be that much more disappointed when this game ships and it doesn't have the Vaudevillains.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

DoctorDelaware posted:

Now I'm just going to be that much more disappointed when this game ships and it doesn't have the Vaudevillains.

Yeah, no poo poo, I got super hype seeing them on the roster.

Thanks for loving us, IGN.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
You're seriously kind of dumb if you thought that was a legitimate roster considering how awful those icons are. Like half of them are just random publicity photos.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Yeah, I figured it was just based on that really. Like I said before, those pictures are so bad. Ron Simmons doesn't even look like himself. Also, seriously, Mojo will NEVER get into a WWE game. He's such a joke.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
That was the Faarooq picture from '13.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Also how would Pillman not be on the roster?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
The tipoff that it's not a real roster is Zack Ryder being in it.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
There has to be a way to make a character selection screen that doesn't mix in the current roster with the alumni, yet still adds the DLC into the proper menu instead of this weird scrolling submenu.

This loving company is so horrible

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Astro7x posted:

There has to be a way to make a character selection screen that doesn't mix in the current roster with the alumni, yet still adds the DLC into the proper menu instead of this weird scrolling submenu.

That's a pretty legitimate UI challenge though; what other game has 120 characters that are all shoved onto the same screen? The closest you could do is a MOBA-style scrolling menu with a searchbar, but that seems awkward on a console game.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Astro7x posted:

Tabs you switch between with the shoulder bumpers?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

I Before E posted:

That's crazy, get outta here!!!

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

I Before E posted:

Bumpers and triggers are already taken. D-Pad would be the only real option, or pushing the sticks in.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lady Naga posted:

Bumpers and triggers are already taken. D-Pad would be the only real option, or pushing the sticks in.

You're not choosing characters in the middle of a match.

Or are you...

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

You're not choosing characters in the middle of a match.

Or are you...

No I mean they're taken on character select. Triggers are for momentum and R1 is for intros on or off.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lady Naga posted:

No I mean they're taken on character select. Triggers are for momentum and R1 is for intros on or off.

Square is for Entrance on or off R1 and L1 are free for our imaginary thing :colbert:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I feel like they just want to cram the screen full of characters to be like "look how many wrestlers we have!" But I couldn't tell some of those faces apart from each other if it wasn't for it being in alphabetical order.

Dividing the active roster from the Alumni/Legends would help a ton

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I still think we should go with the MOBA thing and have characters sorted by grappler/technician/garbage wrestler/etc.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Lady Naga posted:

I still think we should go with the MOBA thing and have characters sorted by grappler/technician/garbage wrestler/etc.

One big side of the screen for jobbers, then John Cena alone on the other side.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Shima Honnou posted:

One big side of the screen for jobbers, then John Cena alone on the other side.

"Rapadoo" and "Rapadon't"

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011

Astro7x posted:

I feel like they just want to cram the screen full of characters to be like "look how many wrestlers we have!" But I couldn't tell some of those faces apart from each other if it wasn't for it being in alphabetical order.

Dividing the active roster from the Alumni/Legends would help a ton

Like what WWE All-Stars had?

ahh, All-Stars

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Lady Naga posted:

One of the SVR games did this, giving all the wrestlers classes with specific technique systems.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Has there been any recent Fire Pro Wrestling Returns roster packs? Something like the Hulkapack but with some more Lucha Underground/newer indie guys?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Confirmed: floating clown hair

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/mannoji_gatame/status/628773631091302402

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014

NienNunb posted:

Has there been any recent Fire Pro Wrestling Returns roster packs? Something like the Hulkapack but with some more Lucha Underground/newer indie guys?

Yup, check out the Fire Pro Wrestling Returns subreddit or the FPWarena Saves section. The DJKM 2015 starter pack has some good Lucha Underground guys like Mil, Fenix, Puma, etc.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The Terminator DLC comes with Terminator 1 Arnold and T2 Arnold apparently.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, that was announced in the press release the day the trailer dropped

At least it's the good Terminators :shrug:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

The Terminator DLC comes with Terminator 1 Arnold and T2 Arnold apparently.

T1 version better get booed when he comes out while T2 version gets a jesus pop.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
T1 should have really jerky animation and have random and very obvious jump cuts to a dummy.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

sticklefifer posted:

T1 should have really jerky animation and have random and very obvious jump cuts to a dummy.

So basically normal 2K animations.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

TheJoker138 posted:

T1 version better get booed when he comes out while T2 version gets a jesus pop.

For someone that claims to hate this idea you sure have some fine contributions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Why cookie Rocket posted:

For someone that claims to hate this idea you sure have some fine contributions.

Well it's already happening and me hating it isn't going to change it, so they should at least make it as accurate to the movies and as stupid as possible.