Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maybeflan
May 15, 2014

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Yeah from the top, can't wait for the multi-track drifting to start

graybook posted graphs of the first two seasons. So yeah.

graybook posted:

For fun, here are a couple of charts made by folks which graph enjoyment level of Symphogear over time:

S1

S2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kanos posted:

To their credit, they at least got to fight Micha. Hibiki didn't even get to do that.

Micha is already showing herself to be the strongest of the 4 well. Having broken 3 of the 5 relics. Added on that she can take on two Symphogears at the same time easily. Leiur and Phara were fairly even with Chris and Tsubasa and they only broke their gears so easily due to them not knowing about the Alca Noise.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
So I got curious about the characters inscribed on Dainsleif in the opening animation and wondered how accurate the writing was.

I used this source for futharks against which to compare characters: http://www.omniglot.com/writing/runic.htm

Comparing against all six futharks, the two best results were from the Younger Gothenburg Futhark and the Elder Futhark.

Respectively, the 38-character sequence I transcribed and checked came out as such:
(separated out every 5 characters or so for readability)

Younger Gothenburg:
code:
?VKRR NBVD? HUGKA ?ITAI NIDAI N?L?F ?TLIA UPU
Elder:
code:
?WKRZ NBWD? HUGKA ?ETAI NIDAI N?LĪF ĪTLEA OPO
Translating this would be beyond me, but you can see that from the twenty-third to the thirtieth characters, the sequence is slightly recognizable. Factoring in that the unrecognized character in the subsequence looks like an angular capital S, this small piece could be read "DAINSLEIF", so there's at least some kind of effort put in and not just a sequence of gibberish mostly-runes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sylphid posted:

Also, they really could not be making Shirabe x Kiri more of a thing this episode, either.

Well, they've done everything they could with Hibiki and Miku except have them kiss on screen so I guess they had to move on.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

maybeflan posted:

graybook posted graphs of the first two seasons. So yeah.

Those graphs are the most accurate thing since that samflam one

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Those graphs are the most accurate thing since that samflam one

So how far are you now?

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

graybook posted:

So how far are you now?

Almost done with S1

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I laughed when Maria outright stole Gungnir from Hibiki that one time.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

New feature of upgraded gears revealed!

It is... dubstep mode!

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I laughed when Maria outright stole Gungnir from Hibiki that one time.
I just realized how beautiful that moment was. Thanks.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Man Carol is quite hot.

Wonder if she is actually dead or if her death put some other thing in motion. The Autoscorers looked quite ominous at the end

HudsonFromAliens
Jun 14, 2012
I'd be very surprised if she was actually "dead". We still need to see a lot more of her back story and her immolation suicide kind of nixes that whole thing. Maybe she has a backup body like Elfnine ready to transfer her mind into?

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

HudsonFromAliens posted:

I'd be very surprised if she was actually "dead". We still need to see a lot more of her back story and her immolation suicide kind of nixes that whole thing. Maybe she has a backup body like Elfnine ready to transfer her mind into?

This season's twist: Not only was Kirika a reincarnation of Fine, she's also a Carol homunculus. Poor girl has no luck with anything.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Holy poo poo.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Man Carol is quite hot.
Holy poo poo.

nielsm posted:

It is... dubstep mode!
Less holy poo poo, but hopefully something comes of this curse thing. There's still 7 episodes left. And the main villain has supposedly just immolated herself and apparently totally forgot what she was fighting for anyway.

If this was any other anime this probably would have been an end-season fight.

Also, speculation: Carol is Chaika, the coffin princess. All of them. Down to the memory bullet based magic.

Sathzur
Nov 19, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Man Carol is quite hot.

Wonder if she is actually dead or if her death put some other thing in motion. The Autoscorers looked quite ominous at the end

One of the keywords on the official website makes mention of Carol actually being several centuries old and has been transferring herself into homunculi, so it's unlikely she is dead.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Also speculation: Elfnein's remembrance of Carol's memories last episode coupled with the knowledge that memories are used up to fuel their alchemical powers seems to point to Elfnein being created by a potentially more innocent Carol in order to safeguard the memories of her childhood.

edit: other stuff:

During her second transform sequence, Hibiki is shown in the pose she's in in the season logo.

And I am mad hype about the full versions of the songs we've been hearing. Holy crap.

graybook fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Aug 8, 2015

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I love Tsubasa

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
My hope for episode 7 is: That in the midst of whatever horrible thing is rumored, Maria finally finds her happy place and Argetlam responds. Since Igalima and Shul Shagana weren't broken yet, perhaps there was a chance that the resoration of the Silver Arm has also been completed...

Observation: Perhaps this is why Argetlam has been so hard to find a user for. It's the only Symphogear that obviously, in full form, has two conflicting weapons, a 'vine sword' or 'whip blade' a'la Ivy and a shield permanently moored to the other arm. You need to find someone who can handle the.. contradiction.. for lack of a better word. It seems like Maria's long, long period of soul searching may be preparing her for that.

Gearhead fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 8, 2015

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I was going to say "holy poo poo, you can't do that in episode 6" but then I remembered what show I was watching.

Also I guess burning memories for fuel doesn't let you select which ones go first, because blowing up the ones that give you your motivation is very silly. I liked her whole weaponized harp armour thing though, just the sort of wacky design that just works in this.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Gearhead posted:

My hope for episode 7 is: That in the midst of whatever horrible thing is rumored, Maria finally finds her happy place and Argetlam responds. Since Igalima and Shul Shagana weren't broken yet, perhaps there was a chance that the resoration of the Silver Arm has also been completed...

Observation: Perhaps this is why Argetlam has been so hard to find a user for. It's the only Symphogear that obviously, in full form, has two conflicting weapons, a 'vine sword' or 'whip blade' a'la Ivy and a shield permanently moored to the other arm. You need to find someone who can handle the.. contradiction.. for lack of a better word. It seems like Maria's long, long period of soul searching may be preparing her for that.

Airgetlam never responded to Maria because Airgetlam is severely damaged/broken and has been since Serena used it, not because it wouldn't respond to her(She used it just fine at the end of S2 when there was so much phonic gain it could overcome the damage on the relic). Until Elfnein showed up they had no one who actually had the knowledge or expertise to fix damaged or broken gears.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

HudsonFromAliens
Jun 14, 2012
That is quite morbid. I like it.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh poo poo, now I get it.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

I saw this version:

Edit: Also, I believe I've heard that there will be a slight delay to this week's episode. It's apparently also got (spoilered just in case) a LOT of recorded screaming from Nana. Prepare for possible despair.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

graybook posted:

Edit: Also, I believe I've heard that there will be a slight delay to this week's episode. It's apparently also got (spoilered just in case) a LOT of recorded screaming from Nana. Prepare for possible despair.

I'm having trouble imagining what could make everyone go 'You have gone TOO FAR!' considering the crazy poo poo that has happened in this franchise BEFORE.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Gearhead posted:

I'm having trouble imagining what could make everyone go 'You have gone TOO FAR!' considering the crazy poo poo that has happened in this franchise BEFORE.

If I could make one nightmare come true it would be one of the Autoscorers sucking all memories of Kanade out of Tsubasa and burning them away forever to fuel an attack on her.

Jesus Christ please let me be wrong. I probably will be but I will just be floored if that happens.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Kylra posted:

Also, speculation: Carol is Chaika, the coffin princess. All of them. Down to the memory bullet based magic.

How did I not make that connection while watching :doh:

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

graybook posted:

If I could make one nightmare come true it would be one of the Autoscorers sucking all memories of Kanade out of Tsubasa and burning them away forever to fuel an attack on her.

Jesus Christ please let me be wrong. I probably will be but I will just be floored if that happens.

The thing I'm worried about is: The Autoscorers would need upgrades at this point, because we've seen that the upgraded Gears are now able to actually overcome their bullshit.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
or you know, one of them could kick the bucket or something

for some reason I was legit like, oh poo poo Miku's dying this episode, despair, in that one a bit ago but

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Gyra_Solune posted:

or you know, one of them could kick the bucket or something

for some reason I was legit like, oh poo poo Miku's dying this episode, despair, in that one a bit ago but

If Miku died I fear that Hibiki would flip all her shits.

I wonder if Elfnein might wind up turning into Carol and being BETTER at ruining everything than Fine was when she revealed her own hand. Unlike Fine, Carol has her OWN mad science lab of some sort out there and doesn't need to exploit our heroes for a local base of operations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Gearhead posted:

The thing I'm worried about is: The Autoscorers would need upgrades at this point, because we've seen that the upgraded Gears are now able to actually overcome their bullshit.

The end of 6 showed some changes at alchemy central, so I figure that'll happen. Or there'll be like a tactical change or something.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Gearhead posted:

It's pretty blatantly apparent to me that the gears have basically played into Carol's hands in every way possible, so I'm 100% positive there's a really big catch to the new EVIL GEAR POWER that is the reason Carol gave them every opportunity to develop it. Carol and the Autoscorers had a million clear opportunities to win that they very deliberately didn't take up to and including Carol standing there and waiting patiently while Chris and Tsubasa failed to activate Ignite for the first time, which means that she obviously wanted Dainsleif to be used for some reason.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure everything is going according to keikaku (that means plan)

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Carol also shouts during the battle "You think you're going to fill me up on songs that way!" or something like that before the gear crew starts "winning".

Personally I think it's going to be an alchemical Godzilla Carol.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
This makes me think of a single shot blink and you'll miss it moment in the most recent episode.

The 999.99 second countdown in HQ when they activated Ignite has the word 'Nigredo' on it. Nigredo is the first step of an alchemical process representing putrefaction or decomposition. Albedo, Citrinitas and Rubedo would, logically, follow.

HudsonFromAliens
Jun 14, 2012

Gearhead posted:

This makes me think of a single shot blink and you'll miss it moment in the most recent episode.

The 999.99 second countdown in HQ when they activated Ignite has the word 'Nigredo' on it. Nigredo is the first step of an alchemical process representing putrefaction or decomposition. Albedo, Citrinitas and Rubedo would, logically, follow.

Wow, if that ends up being a plot point I commend you for your sharp eyes.

Additionally, I wanted to bring up the point that episode nine of season two had the best training montage of anything ever.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Since there's a delay

Stay safe Miku

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Show can't even do a beach episode without everything exploding. A wild father appeared!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am really curious about what the Auto scorers want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HudsonFromAliens
Jun 14, 2012
I feel as though they missed a great opportunity to have everyone try to bust open a watermelon with their gears.....

• Locked thread