Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

It's not only that. Individually boxed figures are now $20. This is five figures for $120 which is more than $20 a piece. And a few of them are just repaints or minor modifications. Gamora is the most "new" thing in that pack. One would hope that a shared package with no BAF part would actually lower the price point per figure instead of increase it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

It boasts comic-style Groot and Quill in a comic-style outfit, and says "All the Guardians of the Galaxy," which is a bold-faced lie. Where the gently caress are Phyla-Vell and Moondragon and Adam Warlock and

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

A Tin Of Beans posted:

It boasts comic-style Groot and Quill in a comic-style outfit, and says "All the Guardians of the Galaxy," which is a bold-faced lie. Where the gently caress are Phyla-Vell and Moondragon and Adam Warlock and

gently caress all of these boring names you added, where is Venom

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hot Toys nails it.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
SHF Figuarts Cap arrived today.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

AAAAAAAAAAH!
_______/

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I like Captain America

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Someone is clearly a closeted Nazi.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I feel a lot better about what I spent on my one and only Hoy Toys figure now

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

OH SH-

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Ich werde dich in den Schrank gestellt Freund!

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I feel a lot better about what I spent on my one and only Hoy Toys figure now

C'mon man, spend all your money on fancy dolls!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm up to 13 now, with 1 on preorder. Plus the Batman armory.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

47 :smug:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Goddamn can I have some of your obviously copious spare cash? I promise I won't waste it on frivolous bullshit like "food" or "clothing" or "bills".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm not sure there's even 47 I'd want.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

I'm not sure there's even 47 I'd want.

I have an Iron Man problem

Xenomrph posted:

Goddamn can I have some of your obviously copious spare cash? I promise I won't waste it on frivolous bullshit like "food" or "clothing" or "bills".

I killed every other collectible I bought at the alter of Hot Toys, I have no masters before them.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I have... 4 Hot Toys? I think? (IM2 Black Widow, Terminator Salvation T-700, Terminator Salvation T-600 endoskeleton, and AvP Machiko).

There are others that are cool and stuff, but I have neither the cash flow nor the space for more HT stuff at this point.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I have none because I have grown up bills.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Louisgod posted:

I have none because I have grown up bills.

Most of us do my friend. But it's a matter of finding a balance between necessity and the material things that bring you happiness.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rhyno posted:

Most of us do my friend. But it's a matter of finding a balance between necessity and the material things that bring you happiness.

I don't want grown up bills but I think I'm lucky since my material toy happiness are only $20 a pop, most of which are taken care of via Amazon gift cards from work. Don't know how you guys swing $200+ single purchases.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

You win. 39.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Louisgod posted:

I don't want grown up bills but I think I'm lucky since my material toy happiness are only $20 a pop, most of which are taken care of via Amazon gift cards from work. Don't know how you guys swing $200+ single purchases.

Suckin' dick primarily

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Louisgod posted:

Well I don't have any HT myself but I spend almost all my extra cash on comics, toys or car stuff. I'm at a point where my only real growed-up bills are rent and a car payment.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Joe Fisto posted:

You win. 39.
Do you and The Rage kill people for money, and that's how you can afford it? I wish I had the disposable income to drop on HT stuff, I really do.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The Rage posted:

Suckin' dick primarily

Don't sign your posts.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

Do you and The Rage kill people for money, and that's how you can afford it? I wish I had the disposable income to drop on HT stuff, I really do.

Obviously I wouldn't admit to that on an internet forum, but I'm not denying it.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Basically on top of a mortgage and car payments my wife and I have disposable cash, she spends it on shoes and such, I spend it on fancy dolls. We save the rest.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm just paid very well. No good story.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

I'm just paid very well. No good story.

I guess I should mention I get anything DC Collectibles at just above cost so that really knocks the cost of having cool poo poo down.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

One day, Hot Toys will make a Psylocke figure and then I'll get to join the cool kids club. :sigh:

This is never going to happen. Instead I'll just break and eventually buy a Spidey figure from them.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Agrias120 posted:

One day, Hot Toys will make a Psylocke figure and then I'll get to join the cool kids club. :sigh:

This is never going to happen. Instead I'll just break and eventually buy a Spidey figure from them.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 figure is fantastic.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Even if I had that kind of money I doubt I'd be able to justify spending it on a Hot Toys. Part of it is because they're always movie versions of characters and Batman '89 aside I don't tend to like such obviously specific versions of superheroes, but part of it is also that hasn't been that long since $200 was my food budget for a month.

Who do you people who have 30+ Hot Toys look at and say, "At least I'm not THAT guy?" The Marvel Legends people look at the Figma people like that, and the Figma people look at Hot Toys like that. What's the next step up from Hot Toys?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Travis343 posted:

Even if I had that kind of money I doubt I'd be able to justify spending it on a Hot Toys. Part of it is because they're always movie versions of characters and Batman '89 aside I don't tend to like such obviously specific versions of superheroes, but part of it is also that hasn't been that long since $200 was my food budget for a month.

Who do you people who have 30+ Hot Toys look at and say, "At least I'm not THAT guy?" The Marvel Legends people look at the Figma people like that, and the Figma people look at Hot Toys like that. What's the next step up from Hot Toys?

$400 immobile statues.

...I have one of those too but just one because it's my favourite character.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Travis343 posted:

http://comicbook.com/2015/04/29/life-size-avengers-age-of-ultron-statues-now-available/

http://premium.bluefincorp.com/life-size.html

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Travis343 posted:

People who collect 1:1 busts? Movie props? I guess I don't really think about it.

I do look at the people who buy the nude anime toys as weirdos, but I think most people do.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Alright yeah the statue crowd, those guys are loving nuts. Forgot about them shits. I honestly don't see the appeal, like you can't even pose them at all. They should be cheaper than action figures but instead they're hundreds of dollars.

Joe Fisto posted:

People who collect 1:1 busts? Movie props? I guess I don't really think about it.

I do look at the people who buy the nude anime toys as weirdos, but I think most people do.

Yeah but nude anime figurines aren't really a linear path like superhero toys > more expensive superhero toys. Though there probably is some overlap with Figma/SH Figuarts.

Nendoroids are cool but way too expensive for chibi characters. I only have the Windwaker Link.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Travis343 posted:

Figma people look at Marvel Legends people and say "At least I pay for QUALITY"

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

Figma people look at Marvel Legends people and say "At least I pay for QUALITY"

Figuarts people say the same about Figma people.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Figma People Matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I just buy lovely toys and make them into better toys, and I think all y'all are crazy.