Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Whomever was SA*MIKEY, I hope you enjoyed that squidbagging you gave me.

I also hope you enjoyed your loss :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
Shoutouts to Kraminator, Frasier, and eddy for the beating we administered to Team Marshmallow, and special mention to Connection Error for putting an end to it. It was only a modest streak, but I'm glad to have been a part of it.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I joined Team Hot Dog a couple days ago. I haven't even launched the game today but I'm already kinda bummed about it. I haven't generally enjoyed either of the Splatfests I've been a part of for various reasons (a lot more disconnects than usual, only one song playing for the entirety of the event, one team always being totally lopsided in popularity rendering most of the games pointless, etc) but what's most disheartening is already knowing that just because I picked hot dogs I already set myself up for my third lost Splatfest in a row. :sigh:

I'll still load up the game later and play a few games. Maybe they fixed the disconnect issues. Maybe I'll have some tight, fun matches. I just gotta set myself up in the mindset of knowing that hot dogs sure as poo poo aren't going to win and to not think I'm making much of a difference.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Kaubocks posted:

I joined Team Hot Dog a couple days ago. I haven't even launched the game today but I'm already kinda bummed about it. I haven't generally enjoyed either of the Splatfests I've been a part of for various reasons (a lot more disconnects than usual, only one song playing for the entirety of the event, one team always being totally lopsided in popularity rendering most of the games pointless, etc) but what's most disheartening is already knowing that just because I picked hot dogs I already set myself up for my third lost Splatfest in a row. :sigh:

I'll still load up the game later and play a few games. Maybe they fixed the disconnect issues. Maybe I'll have some tight, fun matches. I just gotta set myself up in the mindset of knowing that hot dogs sure as poo poo aren't going to win and to not think I'm making much of a difference.

Never give up, squiddo. Especially now that they've raised the match win ratio multiplier from two to four.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

After wrecking some hotdoggers I was on a couple of lovely teams that got stomped and I was starting to get mad about it until I realized the last few matches had been against other fellow mallows.

Who the gently caress joins team hotdog anyway, what went wrong in your life

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I enjoy meat cylinders

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

BattleMaster posted:

I enjoy meat cylinders

I too :love: wieners.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
It's possible Team Hot Dog went out to buy amiibos this morning. I know I did, but I'm Team Marshmallow, so.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Team Hot Dog squad up! I'm on my way home to defend our honor.

NNID: sleepyhologram

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Team Hot Dog returning from securing amiibos to splat some marshmallows.

How do I advance past level 20? I've finally reached Lv. 20 but the game won't let me level up any further.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Team Hot Dog returning from securing amiibos to splat some marshmallows.

How do I advance past level 20? I've finally reached Lv. 20 but the game won't let me level up any further.

Have you installed the update and made sure to load the game from the home menu, not quickstart?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Yeah I have the update installed and I'm playing with a Slosher right now. No idea why the level cap is being weird though.

Alfalfa The Roach fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Aug 8, 2015

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Yeah I have the update installed and I'm playing with a Slosher right now. No idea why the level cap is being weird though.

Join my squad, The Painters In The Pocket, and we'll take care of it.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
My only guess is Splatfest is interfering with the text that appears on getting Rank 20 when trying to go to a match.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I quit the lobby and now the new levels are available, woo

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Is the Slosher over powered or am I some kind of weird bucket savant?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Is the Slosher over powered or am I some kind of weird bucket savant?

It's good at what it does but it's not the most overpowered thing in the game.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

splatfest is poo poo and sucks a lot

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Kaubocks posted:

Whatever you say, sir Sucks-a-lot. :colbert:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

Harsh words of premature defeat from team marshmallow

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm actually on hot dog

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

You a shameful dog man

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
a true squid/kid chooses their team without regard for numbers. even if it may lead to defeat, they always follow their heart.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Agent 3: "But what about how to think like an Inkling?"

Cuttlefish: "How to think like an Inkling? I can't teach you that. An Inkling needs to be strong in spirit, body, and technique - and the only thing you can learn from someone else is technique. In fact, technique doesn't even matter. What's most important is spirit. Spirit and body are like two sides of a single coin. They're the same thing. I can't teach you how to think. You'll just have to figure it out for yourself. Listen to me, Agent 3. Just because Inklings are on the same side right now doesn't mean they always will be. Having personal feelings about your comrades is one the worst sins you can commit. Splatfests determine who you face on the battlefield. And Splatfests are a living thing. They change along with the times. Yesterday's roller coaster may be tomorrow's hot dog."

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Aug 8, 2015

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I just hit Defender rank. I've won three matches. I've had entire teams not leave spawn, I've had entire teams spawn camped by two guys, I've had entire teams spawncamp an empty enemy spawn while they ran roughshod over our territory. The most absurd thing I've seen so far is a Blackbelly Skate Park match where my entire team (myself included) got spawn camped by a team who just kept inkstriking spawn. As soon as one was over, another was on its way. You couldn't leave spawn without getting hit by an inkstrike. I don't even know how they were charging their special meter. It went on for a full minute.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
This is the first time I've played Camp Triggerfish. It's... Not going well.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Wait so, is it possible to squad up for Splatfest? I haven't done a squad game yet at all...

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Chill Penguin posted:

Get up on the walls (you have to go around the "backside," left when leaving spawn) and wreak havoc. Preferably the other team's walls. Don't forget to ink back there while you're at it.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

Wait so, is it possible to squad up for Splatfest? I haven't done a squad game yet at all...

nope.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just got put in a match where I was on team hot dog what the hell? It regrouped me with marshmallows but threw the game for the cause.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Chill Penguin posted:

there are multiple ways for the other team to approach your spawn point, so keep an eye on your map and make sure no one's sneaking past you. i nearly lost a match earlier because none of us noticed they were inking up our side until it was almost too late.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just had a match where there was a guy standing in front of me, I splashed him with the roller twice point blank, ran him over and he just slowly turned around as I bumped into him and flicked a dynamo and killed me

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Just had a match where there was a guy standing in front of me, I splashed him with the roller twice point blank, ran him over and he just slowly turned around as I bumped into him and flicked a dynamo and killed me

The game rewards laggers by trusting their client when they say they got a kill even after the server knows they're already dead.

Someone in IRC told me the game has dedicated servers but everything I've seen from behaviour and the error messages suggests it uses a pretty permissive peer to peer model.

Edit: if it doesn't then it's garbage and they need to let laggers suffer like in the good old days

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Aug 8, 2015

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
On the plus side I think I'm finally used to gyro control.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

BattleMaster posted:

Agent 3: "But what about how to think like an Inkling?"

Cuttlefish: "How to think like an Inkling? I can't teach you that. An Inkling needs to be strong in spirit, body, and technique - and the only thing you can learn from someone else is technique. In fact, technique doesn't even matter. What's most important is spirit. Spirit and body are like two sides of a single coin. They're the same thing. I can't teach you how to think. You'll just have to figure it out for yourself. Listen to me, Agent 3. Just because Inklings are on the same side right now doesn't mean they always will be. Having personal feelings about your comrades is one the worst sins you can commit. Splatfests determine who you face on the battlefield. And Splatfests are a living thing. They change along with the times. Yesterday's roller coaster may be tomorrow's hot dog."

This is a thing of beauty.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

BattleMaster posted:

The game rewards laggers by trusting their client when they say they got a kill even after the server knows they're already dead.

Someone in IRC told me the game has dedicated servers but everything I've seen from behaviour and the error messages suggests it uses a pretty permissive peer to peer model.

Edit: if it doesn't then it's garbage and they need to let laggers suffer like in the good old days

Its really more that their hitbox is somewhere else on the map because I had times where I was hitting a invisible squid and they exploded where they actually were standing.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Jarogue posted:

Its really more that their hitbox is somewhere else on the map because I had times where I was hitting a invisible squid and they exploded where they actually were standing.

Oh I thought you were describing a different type of situation, one that happens to me every Splatfest because of all the backwoods Americans I have to play against who are on like dialup or something.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I have issues where I cannot lay down any ink, and I have to kill myself to get it to start working again. It has happened more times than I can count

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Astro7x posted:

I have issues where I cannot lay down any ink, and I have to kill myself to get it to start working again. It has happened more times than I can count

I've had this happen exactly zero times in over a hundred hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roflfox
Jan 29, 2008

Your one and only, scorching laser light
So far we've had 17 people from #splagoons sign up for the Voice chat on Discord. Server info: https://discord.gg/0RT8hYeMoF6wEJaL

The process is pretty easy, takes a few minutes and from there you can hop in and out of the Squad/Turf War/Private lobbies as you please. Probably good for those who want a break from Splatfest to make a Private Lobby to goof in.

• Locked thread