Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

CuwiKhons posted:

You have to fight Killer Croc with the Batmobile too. Not because he's in a tank, he's just grown so increasingly large over the games that there's no way to fight him on foot.

That is how you beat Bane in Asylum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Jurgan posted:

That is how the cutscene beat Bane in Asylum.

Fixed it.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Yeah the Cloudburst kicked my rear end quite a few times. I just button mashed my way through Deathstroke. I didn't bother trying to figure out the boss or anything. Once I realized he was always vulnerable, I just treated him like a regular enemy just with a longer health bar. Went down like a bitch. Then since I was up against a wall, he ejected himself into that wall and the camera got stuck and I didn't see anything. I just know Batman did a thing and he was captured. Whatever, it was a stupid sidequest.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Narcissus1916 posted:

I don't get how people say the Deathstroke tank fight is just the cloudburst fight all over again.
Because it was exactly the same minus the second phase.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Aug 8, 2015

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N
I can't remember exactly, but didn't the Deathstroke tank fight even take place on the same island as the Cloudburst fight?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

l33t b4c0n posted:

I can't remember exactly, but didn't the Deathstroke tank fight even take place on the same island as the Cloudburst fight?

Cloudburst was on Bleake Island (GCPD, Movie Studios). Deathstroke was on Miayagi (Giant plants).

Arguably it was easier on Miayagi island since its a ton easier to break line of sight by dropping down into tunnels and getting away.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

ayn rand hand job posted:

Cloudburst was on Bleake Island (GCPD, Movie Studios). Deathstroke was on Miayagi (Giant plants).

Arguably it was easier on Miayagi island since its a ton easier to break line of sight by dropping down into tunnels and getting away.

There are a bunch of tunnels on Bleake Island too, I remember exploiting them during the AR challenge version of the fight.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Narcissus1916 posted:

It still blows chunks that anyone thought this was a good climax, but still.

It’s disappointing as a climax because there’s no sense of finality. Instead of conclusions to these villains’ stories, we just get “Argh, I’ll get you next time, Batman!”, which doesn’t work well when this is the last game chronologically. I mean, I’m not expecting all of the villains to reform or give up, but it would be nice if there were some consequences or development that showed that crime could conceivably continue, but it wouldn’t be the same. Instead, Batman meets two new Rogues on this night (technically three), the ones he does apprehend are pretty blasé about it, and then there’s the stuff with Jason which feels unbelievably ham-handed.

I feel like the main issue this game had was trying to raise the stakes too high.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

There are a bunch of tunnels on Bleake Island too, I remember exploiting them during the AR challenge version of the fight.

They're there, but not really as easy to get at. You need to really be driving around in the big ditch in front of the movie studio to get to them.

The ones on Miyagi are much much easier, since there's a lot of overpasses above lower roadways that are easy to drive onto.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm at a total loss on what to do at this part. I just came back to the game after about a month and getting stuck. I'm on this part in the main story where you are in a sewer and at the end there is a room with a bunch of the big guys and seemingly endless sword mooks. I'm playing on hard and not dying to bump the difficulty down, because up until now the game has been ridiculously easy. This part feels loving impossible though and the wave of enemies just seems to never end. Should I just give up and bump the difficulty down or is there some way to get this stupid part to end? I must have died 30 times on this loving part and there doesn't seem to be any end in sight.

Edit: Ahahaha it's like clockwork every time I bitch and moan about a part in a video game I beat it on the next try. Jesus.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 10, 2015

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
You are probably out of practice. This sounds like the part where you just got shot by the Arkham Knight, does the fight start with a brute and then just keep spawning other enemies periodically?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah that was it. I got it right after I made that post but I definitely got my hands a little sweaty

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm guessing the sword guys were loving you up? On Knightmare/NG+ I got into the habit of always assuming they were going to do a combo attack and would time my counter based on that; best case scenario I do it right and lead into a takedown counter, worst case scenario then they're just doing a regular attack and I perform a regular counter.

They're dickheads if you don't have the counter icons.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Environmental takedowns are your friend in that part. There's like five in that room and they're an instant KO on brutes unlike combo takedowns.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Pirate Jet posted:

Environmental takedowns are your friend in that part. There's like five in that room and they're an instant KO on brutes unlike combo takedowns.

Seconding this, environmental takedowns are easily the best addition to this game and makes dealing with huge mobs of brutes and lightning guys a LOT more managable.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Seconding this, environmental takedowns are easily the best addition to this game and makes dealing with huge mobs of brutes and lightning guys a LOT more managable.

Shove someone's head into an electrical panel and watch them twitch until they stop moving. NO KILLING!

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
The multi takedown is also pretty handy for Knightmare since mobs of mooks can be hard to read.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Looking at Oracle in detective mode makes me feel sad. They've taken the time to model her spinal injury.

Dogen posted:

The multi takedown is also pretty handy for Knightmare since mobs of mooks can be hard to read.

Yeah, seriously. Though you can't do it in every fight, dropping a smoke bomb from on high and taking out five enemies in one go is a massive, massive help - especially if you're clever with disarming guns and batons. It's possible to almost completely neuter a group before you've lined up your initial ambush.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Any news on the August DLC release date? Google isn't helping.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I think I may have just perma-hosed my game. I was tooling around on Founder's Island when I saw a door kinda near the bridge to Bleake Island. I went in and apparently it was one of the Penguin's weapon vaults, but there were no enemies and the vault bar door was closed - makes sense in a way since I hadn't followed the van or whatever. The thing is, I can't leave and the save went off as soon as I entered. The door I entered by won't open even though it has the Space to open dialog, and there's a breakable wall with a floor grate behind it, but even though I destroy the wall, there's some kind of invisible wall persisting.

Is there any solution or am I just screwed? I already put in a bunch of time playing and if I have to restart entirely, I think I'd just rather drop the game like a hot potato.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

At the risk of sounding dumb I'm going to say that I find the map and objectives incredibly confusing in this game. Like, I'll set a mission as an objective sometimes and it just won't show up, or I'll go to an objective I'll get there and there is just nothing there and when I back off the little hud thing that shows the distance is there, but there's nothing. I don't know if there is something I am misunderstanding or what but I find just bouncing around between missions to be really unwieldy in this game.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I can't help but wonder why Batman gave the REC and Shock Gloves to the police.

:colbert:

Listen to the dang audio recording next to the REC gun!

(Also ^^^ That sucks Pyro, no idea but it sounds like you might be screwed)

E:

NESguerilla posted:

At the risk of sounding dumb I'm going to say that I find the map and objectives incredibly confusing in this game. Like, I'll set a mission as an objective sometimes and it just won't show up, or I'll go to an objective I'll get there and there is just nothing there and when I back off the little hud thing that shows the distance is there, but there's nothing. I don't know if there is something I am misunderstanding or what but I find just bouncing around between missions to be really unwieldy in this game.

Sometimes you have to find an enterance to that area that is either A) on a different level (possibly underground), or B) that has some long tunnel that you need to find the enterance to. I actually thought it was neat that they made you look a little bit, since otherwise there's less incentive to explore the world fully with the locations of everything laid out on your map.

surc fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Aug 10, 2015

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Pyrolocutus posted:

I think I may have just perma-hosed my game. I was tooling around on Founder's Island when I saw a door kinda near the bridge to Bleake Island. I went in and apparently it was one of the Penguin's weapon vaults, but there were no enemies and the vault bar door was closed - makes sense in a way since I hadn't followed the van or whatever. The thing is, I can't leave and the save went off as soon as I entered. The door I entered by won't open even though it has the Space to open dialog, and there's a breakable wall with a floor grate behind it, but even though I destroy the wall, there's some kind of invisible wall persisting.

Is there any solution or am I just screwed? I already put in a bunch of time playing and if I have to restart entirely, I think I'd just rather drop the game like a hot potato.

Perhaps mashing the screenshot button will help like with the sliding crate bug?

NESguerilla posted:

The objective marker is screwy in various ways. Whenever I pick something on Founder's Island it'll guide me to the tunnels underneath with the glide symbol when what I've picked is on street level or up in a building :psyduck:

On the plus side, when doing those Militia Shields and Riddler Trophies it points right to them.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

surc posted:

:colbert:

Listen to the dang audio recording next to the REC gun!

It just says that he left it with the evidence.

He had it during HQR which took place a while after City, so it's not like he turned it in immediately either.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Has anyone else noticed Rocksteady doesn't seem to understand the metric system?

Batman, if you can lay down and reach it while keeping your feet in the same spot, it's not 5 meters away.

I'm assuming they just tweaked the distance displays to make the islands seem bigger.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I think they did a really cool job with the Scarecrow in this game. He looks awesome and his voice is super cool.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

The marker might be placed somewhere on the ladder underneath the roof so it's taking depth into account. Or at least, I don't remember any other egregiously bad examples of weird distances.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So uh, is this POS fixed on PC yet or am I still better off waiting for the inevitable "GOTY" version (heh) to go on sale?

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Pyrolocutus posted:

Can't you load one of the backup saves it keeps from the main menu?

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
PC is still fubar. No recent news/announcements that I'm aware of.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Scyantific posted:

So uh, is this POS fixed on PC yet or am I still better off waiting for the inevitable "GOTY" version (heh) to go on sale?

you can't buy it right now anyway

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Pyrolocutus posted:

You should be able to access earlier saves. What system are you on, someone should be able to help you with that.

Scyantific posted:

There is supposed to be an interim patch this month but there are no deets as to what it will fix, when it will come out, or, well, anything beyond that. We still have no idea when the game is going to even be available again for purchase.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Aug 10, 2015

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Well I just finished the game enjoyed my time with it. I Did find the ending a little confusing and anti-climatic its like rocksteady was so in love with the scarecrow sequences in the first game that they decided to make a whole game filled with it. The Joker stuff was good in certain parts but it was way over used and the ending stuff was just kinda confusing to me. I am sure I must have missed what was going on.

Not sure if I will get a hundred percent mainly because I don't think I have the patience for 200+ riddler challenges.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

I think they did a really cool job with the Scarecrow in this game. He looks awesome and his voice is super cool.

Yeah, seeing his Asylum incarnation in the credits just highlights how amazing he looks now.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Well I just finished the game enjoyed my time with it. I Did find the ending a little confusing and anti-climatic its like rocksteady was so in love with the scarecrow sequences in the first game that they decided to make a whole game filled with it. The Joker stuff was good in certain parts but it was way over used and the ending stuff was just kinda confusing to me. I am sure I must have missed what was going on.

As the game goes on the Joker personality inside Batman becomes more and more dominant. By the time Scarecrow injects the super fear toxin at the end it has completely taken over, so instead of Bruce being subject to his worst nightmare, it's the Joker who sees his fears realised. Since he's already dead, the thing he's most afraid of is being forgotten, and this happens by Batman returning and locking him away.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Doctor Spaceman posted:

As the game goes on the Joker personality inside Batman becomes more and more dominant. By the time Scarecrow injects the super fear toxin at the end it has completely taken over, so instead of Bruce being subject to his worst nightmare, it's the Joker who sees his fears realised. Since he's already dead, the thing he's most afraid of is being forgotten, and this happens by Batman returning and locking him away.

Ok that makes sense I guess one thing that confused me in this game was the joker inside batman's head I guess is not batman's subconscious taking the form of the joker but actually THE real joker in some form working through the joker/toxin. Also, the Jason Todd/Arkham Knight thing was ok but seems to really lean heavily on knowledge of the comics since there isn't much of a relationship built up for the characters besides the flashbacks in this game it seems.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Man, the Red Hood dlc is even shorter than the Harley one.

I wish they would let you select characters in challenge maps already, or do free roam. It's a terrible decision to leave those out.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It just says that he left it with the evidence.

He had it during HQR which took place a while after City, so it's not like he turned it in immediately either.

You're totally right. I had subtitles off when I played through, and missed the "off" in "dropped off", so I thought that Cash was saying that he had like, just left it with the rest of the crap, and they'd collected it into evidence. I am the idiot Nigma thought I was. :negative:

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Codependent Poster posted:

Man, the Red Hood dlc is even shorter than the Harley one.

I wish they would let you select characters in challenge maps already, or do free roam. It's a terrible decision to leave those out.

They've got "Challenge Pack 1" coming out as DLC in September which looks like it's using Batman, Nightwing, Robin, and Catwoman. No word on any other characters of dual play as of yet. Also no words as to whether it'll be classic challenge maps or this new one wave or you're hosed crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Waitjustadamnedminute. Twice now, had riddler informants in interrogation, and they just tell me to get to gently caress and I have to kill them. Anyone else get this?

• Locked thread