Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Spacebump posted:

It's hilarious to me that Trump is the only one labeled a misogynist on a stage of people wanting to defund Planned Parenthood. Defunding Planned Parenthood is worse than making a rude comment about Rosie.

Also, Rand Paul's twitter wanted everyone to know what team he is on.

Yeah. It seems a bit hypocritical to criticize Trump for misogyny when the Republican Party in general is a festering hive of anti-woman policies, most of which are much, much worse than calling one woman fat, or one woman stupid.

I mean, yeah, women should be second class citizens with no control over their reproductive health, but calling Megyn Kelly a bimbo or Rosie O'Donnell fat is a bridge too far! How can anyone take Mike Huckabee seriously when he's accusing someone else of being a misogynist? It beggars belief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Spacebump posted:

It's hilarious to me that Trump is the only one labeled a misogynist on a stage of people wanting to defund Planned Parenthood. Defunding Planned Parenthood is worse than making a rude comment about Rosie.

Also, Rand Paul's twitter wanted everyone to know what team he is on.

Is that photo from Rand Paul striking out? I don't think he got a hit in this year's game.

Lote fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Aug 8, 2015

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

PT6A posted:

Yeah. It seems a bit hypocritical to criticize Trump for misogyny when the Republican Party in general is a festering hive of anti-woman policies, most of which are much, much worse than calling one woman fat, or one woman stupid.

I mean, yeah, women should be second class citizens with no control over their reproductive health, but calling Megyn Kelly a bimbo or Rosie O'Donnell fat is a bridge too far! How can anyone take Mike Huckabee seriously when he's accusing someone else of being a misogynist? It beggars belief.
Magic word racism/sexism.

Trump is saying the magic words instead of the dog whistles.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Post debate polls are already irrelevant, it's all about the post bleeding from the nose polls. If they don't move fast enough Donald will make those polls irrelevant too.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

President Trump will be the reason skynet will become a reality, but it will be called The Trumputer.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

The beast was unruly and snapped at its handlers, nearly catching a hand in its maw. When they attempted to chastise and calm him, the brute erupted in a riotous fury, straining chains that had easily held beasts like him before.

Their attempts to stun him seemed to have no effect and only drove him into a greater frenzy. Realization of the beasts power hit them as his steel bonds began to snap. This one was too powerful and would have to be destroyed. It could not be controlled.

One of the handlers, a beautiful blonde woman, moved in with a spear, meaning to drive it between the beasts shoulders and into its heart. As she readied her weapon for the killing blow, the beast wrenched its head free and twisted around with frightening speed. They should not have sent a woman.

The beast was highly sensitive to the scent of blood and her approach had only served to drive him into a greater frenzy. Her scream was cut short as the razor filled maw closed over her head and upper torso. With a single savage shake of its massive head, her body was torn in two. The lower half sailed across the enclosure, leaving a gruesome trail of ruined viscera as guts spilled from the body.

The remaining handlers began to scatter in a panic as the beast bellowed.

"Stupid bimbo!" "You're fired!" "Loser!"

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Kylra posted:

Solution ........Trumpism

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Is there a good analysis of the Trump campaign written up anywhere? I want to see basically this thread's conclusions in a longer form.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
It's already too late, they cannot hope to catch up to Trumpmentum, and the only rules Trumpmentum follow are that of the TST (Trump Standard Time), which is always twelve hours ahead of the republican establishment

pack it in boys

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
It's really hard to wait for polls.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

The Lord of Hats posted:

Is there a good analysis of the Trump campaign written up anywhere? I want to see basically this thread's conclusions in a longer form.

I rather like this one:

http://www.salon.com/2015/07/10/don..._party_partner/

for the "Trump is the harbinger of GOP suffering" theory

and this:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/two-good-reasons-not-to-take-the-donald-trump-surge-seriously/

for the numbers to support that theory

Those are a couple of feel-good articles that should make Democrats feel giddy about Trump, but they're reasonably well-written and falsifiable

edit: it should be said that really any of 538's Trump articles are must-reads, and they all basically say the same thing: Trump is flashy as hell but he doesn't have an actual strong base with moderates, the GOP base, or Hispanics, and he only serves as a monkey wrench in the GOP machine

quadrophrenic fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 8, 2015

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Kylra posted:

Yeah, that's generally been my take on it. Trump catches a lot of heat for racism, sexism, etc. because he does very little to hide those things, not because he's actually that much more racist, sexist, etc. than the rest of the field (judging by policy).

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Schnorkles posted:

It's really hard to wait for polls.

I'll tell you what the polls will be: Trump +20 ahead of 2nd place. There you go, have a good weekend and we'll see you on Monday.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi for a cornicopia of Erick Erickson ‏being a mysogonistic piece of poo poo on Twitter.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004
The debate moderators were to focused on themselves and not the candidates,
Megan the nose bleeder"s questions were sensationalized bullshit.
She was trying to grill the Donald like he was a guest on her show, not as a moderator for a political debate.
Attacking Trump makes her look tough, it was an attempt to build her reputation.

So, Trump responds, as expected. "she's a lightweight"

Erick the goat fucker, white knights by kicking him out of some event. Yawn.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi for a cornicopia of Erick Erickson ‏being a mysogonistic piece of poo poo on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/EWErickson/status/630021260727025664

quote:

The difference between Donald Trump and me is that I apologized and he is just denying he said it.

:smuggo:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'm unironically excited for candidate trump.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

somebody's doing the goat loving

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Okay, fess up, which one of you was this:

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Slate Action posted:

If two of the biggest fuckers on the right start having a "whose supporters are the most disgusting" competition I don't think I could contain myself.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Slate Action posted:

Tea partiers are calling us the n-word?

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Does someone have a list of states Trump could be on the ballot in if he loses the primary, or even just an electoral college vote total he could compete for?

Slate Action posted:

Erick, son of Erick being the target of sexism, racism, and homophobia is amazing.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

quadrophrenic posted:

I wanna do some prognosticating. Cuz there's a number of like scenarios that might happen between now and the primaries:

a) Trump goes all the way, wins the nomination with a mandate at the convention
b) Brokered convention, chaos ensues
c) Trump pulls out of the primary and runs as a third party candidate
d) Poll numbers start to slip, Trump decides he's tired and/or has built the Trump brand enough, bows out of the race, endorses nobody, and makes tons of money doing lectures and guesting on Fox and Friends for the next 4 years

And I think d) is the most likely, so in the case of d), what kind of effect do you think that will have on the general? Do you think the Trump diehards will be happy to just begrudgingly vote for Rubio or whatever after they just blew the yoojest load of their lives on the Trump campaign? I'm trying to see any of these scenarios being bad news for the democrats and I just don't see it.

I mean, of course there's a lot that can happen between now and January

C) is actually the likeliest option at the moment. Followed by A), D), and B). Trump has gone too far into this to make up for his loses via the speech circuit. He's not Bill Clinton. No, the way forward for Trump is a sweet 3rd Party run where losing doesn't actually reflect badly on him and actually increases his power. Trump Party means that the narrative becomes "If only the Republicans had listened to Trump". He becomes the mythic, maverick king maker. Tea Party candidates from across the land will flock to kiss his ring and gain his endorsement. Meanwhile, the establishment will be able to once again tell everyone that Clinton didn't actually win.

Down ballot is where things could get interesting. Trump Party won't have anyone running other than Trump/Yes Man. However I'd expect a good deal of the 3rd party crazies to quickly posture up as being pro Trump. If enough chaos ensues between the Republican and the 3rd party Libertarian/Constitutional/Whatever Party in closer races it could actually throw Democrats down ticket wins. This is really, really unlikely, but Right Wing Media would be loving fantastic to glance at during the the 2017-2019 "Illegitimate" Congress. An entire House Term of unending shitfits with the Republican party arguing with itself whether Donald Trump is the greatest traitor to Conservatism or if Donald Trump is the true face of Conservatism, tossed aside by the weaselly Establishment.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Slate Action posted:

Yes, Erick. There are no possible drawbacks if you take things in this direction. Please continue. I hunger

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Trump won't win the nomination. If he heads into the convention on top or if things are really close the "super delegate" type votes will go to the establishment candidate, and if that isn't enough they will literally change the rules to kick Trump out.

Party leaders want someone who will 1) follow through on GOP, and only GOP policies, and 2) win the general election. Trump is by far the worst bet for both of those criteria.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Wouldn't kicking Trump out at the last minute guarantee a third-party run from him, though? Or would it just be too late for that.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joementum posted:

Je Suis The Donald

Weigel interviewed this guy.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Trump won't win the nomination. If he heads into the convention on top or if things are really close the "super delegate" type votes will go to the establishment candidate, and if that isn't enough they will literally change the rules to kick Trump out.

Party leaders want someone who will 1) follow through on GOP, and only GOP policies, and 2) win the general election. Trump is by far the worst bet for both of those criteria.

Clearly spiting Trump like that would be the absolute worst possible thing the GOP could do. It would guarantee their loss and maybe even a final party split

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Takanago posted:

Wouldn't kicking Trump out at the last minute guarantee a third-party run from him, though? Or would it just be too late for that.

I think the RNC would rather throw the election that nominate someone they can't control.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Of course Megyn Kelly had stigmata, what else?

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
How long until Carly Fiorina has to apologize to Trump?

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

If Trump makes it to the convention he's going to be in a gigantic slap fight with whoever goes there with him, and a 3rd party candidacy will be guaranteed from anything short of Trump being the nominee.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

The amount of cognitive dissonance required to think that Trump was comparing Kelly to Jesus while in the process of saying how terrible she is is astounding.

edit: Reading it again, it now seems like he's deliberately mishearing what Trump actually said, instead saying that Kelly saw the blood coming out of Trump, rather than the blood coming out of Kelly's eyes. gently caress this; I'm getting a headache from trying to understand these freaks.

Grey Fox fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 8, 2015

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I have to admit I thought he meant seeing red at first but then immediately thought "its Trump, so it's a period joke isn't it"

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.

MrBims posted:

How long until Carly Fiorina has to apologize to Trump?

Once she stops bleeding out of her whatever.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Grey Fox posted:

The amount of cognitive dissonance required to think that Trump was comparing Kelly to Jesus while in the process of saying how terrible she is is astounding.

You mean lack of cognitive dissonance required.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

randime

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:
Someone please do draw Paul reciting the shmorky comic and send it to him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Now we just need someone to draw Rand as Goku.

• Locked thread